Café Bistro - Nordstrom Palo Alto
550 Stanford Shopping Center
Palo Alto, CA 94304Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Café Bistro - Nordstrom Palo Alto
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nordstrom.com/
- Phone: 6506882614
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 10:00 am - 11:00 am, Sunday: 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Lunch & Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 11:00 am - 8:00 pm, Sunday: 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Café Bistro - Nordstrom Palo Alto
Café Bistro - Nordstrom Palo Alto is a stylish, yet comfortable restaurant featuring a contemporary American interpretation of classic bistro cuisine. Located on the 3rd floor of the Nordstrom in Palo Alto. Cafe Bistro food is visually powerful, bold in flavor and unique to the marketplace. The menu of flavorful appetizers, colorful salads, brick oven entrees and boldly flavored sandwiches are complimented by a well-chosen selection of wine. A suggested finish to the meal would be the signature warm White Chocolate Bread Pudding.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Café Bistro - Nordstrom Palo Alto - Best Restaurants in Palo Alto ›
Café Bistro - Nordstrom Palo Alto reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (28)kid-friendly (14)neighborhood gem (9)great for brunch (7)good for groups (7)fit for foodies (4)hot spot (4)notable wine list (2)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- My son and I enjoyed the turkeyEDWARDVIPDined on 8/9/2013My son and I enjoyed the turkey club as well as ham & cheese sandwiches with fries. The location of this restaurant is most convenient when shopping at Stanford Center and the food & service are good to very good. The menu has many options and we'll be back to try more offerings.Special Features:
- Zero view and kind of dark.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2013Zero view and kind of dark. Service went the extra mile; server offered tp refrogerate my leftovers till I finished shopping. My sandwich was good quality but need a little zing.Special Features:
- Cafe Bistro has surprisinglyEDWARDVIPDined on 7/12/2013Cafe Bistro has surprisingly good food for a department store restaurant. The atmosphere is comfortable, the service is friendly, and each of the entrees that my party ordered were tasty. The restaurant is most convenient for shoppers at the Stanford Shopping Center, and prices are reasonable. My favorites are the crab and macarroni, turkey and ham with Swiss cheese sandwich, as well as the blue cheese and pear salad, although every entree I have tasted was very good. This is a good choice for a dependable lunch, but reservations are suggested as the wait-list can be long.Special Features:
- Always lovelyloveitVIPDined on 6/3/2013the food wasnt as hot as it should have been and i was a bit embarrassed cuz i took my foodie friend there. he enjoyed it. service is excellent as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I am always greeted by nameloveitVIPDined on 5/24/2013I am always greeted by name because i wear a baged. the server knows a few of the typical dishes my group of friends orders. they know we are on a break and try to serve us quickly. a few times the fries were cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceDrDennisVIPDined on 5/15/2013Not one person came to our table in over 10 minuets. Several waiter walk by us but never even acknowled us We finally left without eating. This is the first timeSpecial Features:
- NO FUN!!JosieKVIPDined on 4/27/2013It was an ordeal having lunch here. It looked so beautiful that we were really looking forward to having lunch and shopping at this new restaurant at Nordstroms. First of all, it was so noisy it was impossible to talk; the service was awful - we waited almost 40 minutes for an appetizer - when we asked about it, the server said they "were making it pretty." What?? We ordered a salmon nicoise salad without dressing. It came drenched with dressing and with a lot of sauce on top - looked awful and tasted worse so we sent it back - then ordered some asparagus - which was good but was around $7 for 5 pieces of asparagus. Will not go back again! Just shop at Nordstroms and eat elsewhere!
- We enjoyed not being rushedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2013We enjoyed not being rushed and were allowed sit and linger. The food was great and just what we needed for a shopping break.Special Features:
- great place to have lunchleileiVIPDined on 4/24/2013great place to have lunch (haven't tried dinner yet)Special Features:
- go there many times. foodgoodfoodVIPDined on 4/10/2013go there many times. food & service is always greatSpecial Features:
- A varied menu and very goodEDWARDVIPDined on 4/4/2013A varied menu and very good food plus service makes for an enjoyable afternoon and that is what we had. This is a convenient place for lunch if shopping at the Stanford Center!Special Features:
- Three serving errors in one night.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013This was a birthday dinner which was stated in the reservation, and mentioned to the server. One of our party was served a salad without the chicken topping it that she had ordered. When she brought it to the attention of a waiter she was asked "oh, did you want the chicken" this was after she had asked for it. Additionally, her fig and berry salad had not one fig in it. So two things missing. She mentioned the lack of figs to our waiter and it took him perhaps 10 minutes to bring her a small bowl of figs. There was not a happy birthday sung not a complimentary dessert. The birthday was mentioned several times, so it was not as if that fact was not recalled. The ball was dropped the ball not once, not twice, but three times.
- The crab bisque and crab macaroniEDWARDVIPDined on 3/22/2013The crab bisque and crab macaroni are very good, as is the service at Nordstrom Cafe. The prices are reasonable and the location of this restaurant is outstanding for diners shopping at the Stanford Center. This is a very good choice for lunch before or after shopping!Special Features:
- Our server was great, butOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 3/8/2013Our server was great, but the kitchen and the runners were a little off.Special Features:
- Very good food but very slowNC94401Dined on 3/5/2013Very good food but very slow service. Was at least 30 MINUTES between the time we placed our order and when we received the food.
- Poor service and okay food,ManiVIPDined on 2/18/2013Poor service and okay food, won't be returning. So much other stuff at Stanford that's better.Special Features:
- Nordstrom Cafe Bistro is convinientEDWARDVIPDined on 1/25/2013Nordstrom Cafe Bistro is conviniently located at the Stanford Shopping Center and has a varied menu. The food is very good as is the service. Prices are reasonably, and my wife and I had a most enjoyable lunch.Special Features:
- Excellent Sandwiches.frequentDinerVIPDined on 1/17/2013Very popular spot. I had the Toasted Black Forest Ham/Cheese and my partner had a crab/shrimp on brioche.Special Features:
- This experience wasn't theOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/3/2013This experience wasn't the greatest. I had mad reservations on Open Table 2 weeks prior. We showed up for our confirmed reservation to have the hostest tell us that she just received our reservation. She then gave us 2 options: 1. Sit at the bar or 2. Wait 15 minutes. We choose the bar. As we sat, we noticed 4 opens tables which remained open for at least 30-45mins. We placed our order and then waited, and waited, and waited. After 45 mins the waiter came by and said our order was next. We giggled because we new our order was never put in for all the people around us, sat after us and had already received their food. We visit Nordstrom Cafe very often and this time it was just not up to par!Special Features:
- My partner and I had greatpeejayVIPDined on 12/22/2012My partner and I had great meals - the lobster mac and cheese is terrific - my salmon salad was super - but our companion had some trouble finding vegetarian food on the menu. I was surprised the restaurant (in Palo Alto, no less) didn't have more options for veggies. That would be my only word of criticism.
- We had a most enjoyable lunchEDWARDVIPDined on 12/21/2012We had a most enjoyable lunch with very good food and service. The menu is varied and everything we tried more than met expectations. The Bistro is conveniently located in Nordstrom at the Stanford Shopping Center, and is ideal when shopping or visiting a relative residing at Vi Palo Alto.Special Features:
- Lunch at Nordstrom CafeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/18/2012It's so much better now that they've remodeled. It's nice to be waited on and we weren't rushed at all. The crab salads were good and the noise level was acceptable. We had a table that was in the front and, as strange as it might seem, it was fun watching people going up and down the escalator and meeting up with their friends with whom they were having lunch.Watching hugs and happy people adds to the ambience.Special Features:
- First time at the NordstomlambeeDined on 12/18/2012First time at the Nordstom Bistro Palo Alto. Somehow I expected more in terms of ambiance since SF Center store is so nice. Just a little disappointed.Special Features:
- Used to be great.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/15/2012The Cafe Bistro used to be great. Unfortunately the quality has greatly diminished in the past month. We used to regularly come here just to eat, not only for a respite from shopping. The risotto (wife) and pepperoni pizza (me) used to be superlative. Our server on this most recent trip told us the head chef changed a month ago - now it makes sense. Too bad - it will be much less of a destination going forward.Special Features:
- Interesting menu utilizingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/11/2012Interesting menu utilizing fresh seasonal ingredients. Courteous staff. Delicious Food. Ample serving size.Special Features:
- Though food is consistentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 12/7/2012Though food is consistently good, there is always SOME issue when we dine here! This time, the "mixed greens" special salad with chicken, pomegranates and persimmon was 95% spinach, which I don't care for raw. Chicken in the dish was a bit lackluster. It would be going that extra yard that would garner an good/excellent rating.
- Service is too slow for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/6/2012Service is too slow for lunch (even just to get a drink, let alone the food) - you have to ask for the bread - the waiters don't come and check if you need anything - this happened in Feb also - so 2 times, slow service - especially for lunchSpecial Features:
- It's fine for a salad or pizza.SFWoodVIPDined on 12/5/2012It's fine for a salad or pizza. It doesn't feel like a fine dining spot. Nice people but okay food.
- I made a reservation for aOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/3/2012I made a reservation for a business meeting at Nordstrom's cafe where I requested that the hostesses bring my guest to my table when I arrive. I checked with the hostesses for the next 45 minutes to see if my guest had arrived but they assured me that she hadn't arrived and that they knew her name and which table to seat her at. I finally gave up and decided to have lunch. When I returned to my office, I learned that my guest did arrive and they sat her at the wrong table. I'm seriously disappointed with Nordstrom's for this kind of error and will not be returning to this establishment.
- Very good menu offerings andEDWARDVIPDined on 11/3/2012Very good menu offerings and quality food in an outstanding location at the Stanford Shopping Center. The backed macaroni is outstanding. Fun lunch!Special Features:
- Numerous mistakes on one saladOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/2/2012They appeared to be attempting to set a record for how many mistakes they could make on a single salad. It was supposed to be the grilled chicken caesar salad, lightly dressed, with no parmesan cheese and no cheese crisps, lightly dressed. It arrived soggy with dressing, with no chicken, but WITH parmesan cheese and cheese crisps. They did correct the order, mostly, and they took the salad off the bill. The other entree was done correctly the first time.
- We enjoyed selecting fromEDWARDVIPDined on 10/19/2012We enjoyed selecting from the much varied menu, and particularly liked the crab macaroni and Shrimp Louise salad. The service was very good and the lunch was enjoyable despite the noise of a full restaurant. This is a solid choice for diners shopping at Nordstrom and the Stanford Shopping Center.
- I had the shrimp cliantroOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/1/2012I had the shrimp cliantro salad and it was one of the best salads I've ever hadSpecial Features:
- This restaurant has very goodHappyVIPDined on 9/22/2012This restaurant has very good food and I highly recommend it. The food is very good at this location. The service is good and the people are very nice here. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- They should follow the requestlynnieVIPDined on 9/21/2012They should follow the request people make when one makes an OpenTable reservation and they really do not pay any attention, Too bad.
- Great Food at any time!HappyVIPDined on 9/8/2012I am never disappointed at the Nordstrom Cafe Bistro. The food is always good and just enough and the prices are pretty reasonable for what you get. The strawberry shortcake desert if also very good. The salads and main dishes are also very good. I would recommend that you swing by and try the Nordstrom Cafe Bistro a major change for the better from the old Nordstrom Cafe.Special Features:
- once again, the bread puddingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/31/2012once again, the bread pudding was incredible- the Asian chicken salad was also delicious
- Maybe the best salmon I haveOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/30/2012Maybe the best salmon I have every had, and I am very picky. Fresh with a cool salsa toping, just right spices, good wine list, generous pours.Special Features:
- Had the crab Mac n cheese.MytwocentsDined on 6/7/2012Had the crab Mac n cheese. Didn't taste alot of crab but mac cheese was tasty.
- food is good. manager islynnieVIPDined on 5/26/2012food is good. manager is very unfriendly and never comes over to see how guests are doing.