Grouse Mountain Grill
Beaver Creek Resort
Avon, CO 81620Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Grouse Mountain Grill
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.grousemountaingrill.com/
- Phone: 9709490600x1
- Hours of Operation:
Closed for the off season until May 23rd.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Gutowski
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant is available for private or semi-private functions for groups of 20-100. The spectacular Private Alpine Ballroom accommodates group of 10-100. The Executive Boardroom accommodate more intimate groups of 6-40. Grouse Mountain Grill does have a Group Services and Sales Manager to help with every step of the planning for private or special events of all kinds. Corporate dinners, wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, birthday and retirement parties, family reunions and brunches are examples of the special events our guests have enjoyed at our location. Grouse Mountain Grill delivers a very high level of service to all of our guests and groups receive the same attention to detail as our individual diners.
- Private Party Contact: Nancy Dowell 9709490600x102
- Entertainment: Jazz pianist, vocalist, Tony Gulizia during winter and summer seasons. Tony is currently off and will be back in mid June.
- Special Events: Thanksgiving menu features a traditional feast with all the trimmings. Regular menu is not available.
New Year's Eve features a fixed price five or seven course menu, live music, fireworks viewing, dancing for the late seating, party favors and champagne toast.
- Cross Street: Village Road
- Public Transit: Beaver Creek Village Transportation is available by phone for a complimentary ride anywhere within Beaver Creek Resort (970)949-1938.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Parking is offered at The Pines Lodge by Valet only. Your car will be parked on site and is free of charge to individual diners.
A word from Grouse Mountain Grill
Enjoy panoramic views, contemporary cuisine with a regional influence, award winning wine menu, fantastic service and live dinner music. A crackling fireplace sets the mood. Chef David Gutowski was recently invited to present dinner at The James Beard House in Manhattan where he cooked each course with Colorado meats, cheeses fish and produce. The dinner was sold out before it hit the calendar. Come and enjoy the cuisine of this rising star!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Grouse Mountain Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (45)romantic (41)scenic view (39)fit for foodies (35)notable wine list (32)great for outdoor dining (23)neighborhood gem (12)good for groups (11)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (4)hot spot (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Vegan DelightScooterDined on 12/18/2013We asked for a vegan meal and they prepared one of the best vegan meals I have had anywhere. Everyone in our group had a delicious dinner. The wine recommendation was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unforgettable EveningMississippiLadyDined on 12/16/2013The food was exceptional and the service was wonderful!! Everything about our experience was perfect. We will be back again soon! And please do yourself a favor and try the pretzel crusted pork chops, they are a staple here and are absolutely incredible!Special Features:
- Impeccable experienceKristiDVIPDined on 12/14/2013Another great experience at GMG. Waiter and sommelier were top notch. They spend time at table as if they have as plenty of time to make sure the experience is memorable. Music was terrific by Tony G. We actually returned to restaurant to see Tony G and then to eat. The braised elk short ribs were so tender and flavorful. Perfect for a cold wintery night! Definitely will return again next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!CarsonDined on 12/5/2013What a wonderful meal - the service food and ambience were all great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okayCBKSUDined on 12/5/2013First I'll start by saying this restaurant came highly recommended by everyone we talked to in the village. I must say I was a little let down overall. The atmosphere and the piano player were top notch however service was lacking. I know it was early season and not a busy night but as a server do not tell me we are slow. The server was very pushy on taking our order we told her we were going to wait but came back multiple times within minutes of telling her we were going to relax for a while. Once we did order our entree's our drinks were not re filled. I was wanting another glass of wine and a cocktail but when asked when we are 3/4 done with our meal i decided no because I was done throwing money away. Porkchop was drySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Thanksgiving experience!ShanndrewsDined on 11/28/2013On our annual trip to Vail / Beaver Creek for Thanksgiving, we chose to eat at the Grouse Mountain Grill for our family Thanksgiving dinner. It's hard to find a high-end restaurant that serves a traditional turkey dinner fit for the entire family. We do not want a bland & dry buffet, nor do we want things like caviar or pâté'! Our dinner was excellent. The butternut squash soup was decadent, & the turkey with mashed potatoes & stuffing were delicious. The service (Rachel) was flawless & they made every effort to please our little ones, even getting some books for them to read. The atmosphere was cozy and elegant, and I can't wait to return with my husband sometime for a quiet dinner for 2! Highly recommended!!Special Features:
- So-SoBlizzardDined on 11/28/2013Maybe Thanksgiving was not the best night to try Grouse Mountain for the first time.....Service was good, but way too rushed. Even asked the waitress to slow things down, but that did no good. As soon as you finished the last mouthful of one course, the next was on the table. Asked for venison medium rare - got well-done. Soup was great, salad was mostly BIG pieces of greens, and sides were served all mushed together on one small plate - looked like someone had already eaten them. Expect better for $70.00 per person. Wine also outrageously priced at $20.00 for a small glass - nothing special.Special Features:
- If you are ever in BeaverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/28/2013If you are ever in Beaver Creek, CO, you need to eat at this establishment. 5 Star all the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing attention to detailOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2013From the moment we stepped in, they acknowledge our special celebration, selected a special table by the window with amazing views and ensured that every question regarding the menu was answered promptly. Our food selection was delightful and prepared with great care. Simply magical.Special Features:
- Hard to beatrickerobinsonDined on 10/13/201330 years of Chicago restaurants. 3+ million miles of travel to other cities around the world. And this is, all around, my favorite place for a great dinner. Worth every penny. And every calorie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always spot onTastingCarrotsDined on 10/6/2013Again - a memorable meal at Grouse Mtn. Grill. We were there for Vail/Beaver Creek Restaurant week, and the special was truly special. Service was impeccable and welcoming. Highly recommended. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food excellent/outstanding,vaillocalDined on 10/5/2013Food excellent/outstanding, but a little too expensive for your normal "local" resident (not Beaver Creek resident--but, the typical working "joe" resident. Off-season deals for "locals" would really be appreciated and hopefully fill your restaurant and keep your employees happy during slow periods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quality of experience has declinedKikiDined on 9/23/2013We go to Grouse Mountain Grill on a yearly visit in the fall when visiting Beaver Creek. This experence was awful. The typical matri d was not there to greet us nor was anyone. They have remodeled the dining room to squeeze in more table and the chairs are less comfortable. The waitress took the the speials menu away before we ordered. The tenderloin I had was tough and tasteless. The bartendar was inexperienced and served an Irish Coffee with no sugar or whiskey in it after we inquired if they "knew" how to make a proper one. We spent more money on this meal than any other while on vacation and it was the worst experence. We will not be returning
- Highly rated and with justificationH8nicknamesDined on 9/22/2013Highly rated and with justification. Going in Shoulder Season, however, means a few understandable differences but offset by very attractive food specials. The wine list, extensive, is somewhat pricey, far beyond normal mark-up for many bottles. But that, to me, is a challenge and if you dig enough, there are choices. The food and presentation were terrific though even with a reduced off-season menu, there was a change/substitution by the kitchen. Still, well worth trying again when things are jumping.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious breakfast, creative menuReedelVIPDined on 9/21/2013Few places do breakfast well - let alone with creativity, but Grouse Mountain Grill really delivered. We ordered the Fried Green Tomoto Benedict with tomato hollandaise and the lemon scented blueberry pancakes. Both entrees exceeded our expectations. They were perfectly prepared, served hot with beautiful presentation and even better flavor. Both items are now among our favorite breakfast entrees ever! Seated on the flower lined deck over looking Beaver Creek valley and mountains was the perfect brunch setting to begin a day of leaf peeping and hiking. The servers were professional and attentive without intruding. This place is truly worth seeking out when in the Beaver Creek/Vail/Avon area. We will return for breakfast and more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2013From the moment we walked in, we were welcomed with a smile and staff that made us feel very special. The server, Megan, was very kind and helpful. She was extremely professional and provided a true a la carte service.Special Features:
- Go to GMG!SpringsGuyVIPDined on 9/15/2013Just dined here in the 'shoulder season' so not as many folks in Beaver Creek as high seasons. The menu was creative with local foods and all the specials were just that, special. Outstanding service from all the servers in attentiveness, attitude and aim to please. We had the 3 course tasting menu and each course was outstanding in taste and presentation. This 3 course dinner was priced only slightly above what an entree alone would cost during the high seasons. Offered a window table, we chose instead one by the corner fireplace which provided some further ambience and increased our distance from the next closest diners. Highly recommend Grouse Mtn Grill and we will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/10/2013We have been to Grouse Mountain Grill numerous times but, not for several months. The remodel of the restaurant looks great and really improved the ambiance of the restaurant. The food, as always, was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2013The food was amazing. My friend is picky and she loved everything she tried every thing and loved it. Staff was very attentiveSpecial Features:
- Food was good but not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2013Food was good but not great. Food was Luke warm when brought to us. Service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was good and a good varietylunchingladyVIPDined on 8/24/2013food was good and a good variety on the menu. We would return. the ambience is so so.Special Features:
- One of our favorite restaurantsKerbVIPDined on 8/23/2013One of our favorite restaurants in the Valley. Love to celebrate good occasions there.Special Features:
- Unique to GenericOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/23/2013This restaurant has been a favorite for years because its quiet, elegant ambiance, comfortable spacious seating, excellent food and service and an extremely attentive and knowledgeable sommelier. It has slowly changed into a generic, noisy, crowded restaurant with good food but indifferent service. The sommelier is long gone. We won't be returning.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/22/2013Grouse Mountain Grill is always outstanding! We sat outside and no one else did, so we felt like we had a private dinner! We have brought our guests here throughout the summer and they are always impressed. Lisa was a wonderful waitress and was very accommodating and informative about the area. We enjoyed the beet salad, pork chops and duck! The food presentation was beautiful also. Always a great experience!Special Features:
- Remarkable, Duffy (?) ourFriedrichDined on 8/16/2013Remarkable, Duffy (?) our waiter was exceptional. The service was perfect, spot on in timing, barely noticeable, on the ready, impressive. The food, the wine, everything was superlative. The piano was a touch loud but the clarinet was a pleasant surprise. Clearly one of the best restaurants ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is good but theyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/16/2013The food is good but they need to change up the menu. It has been pretty much the same for years.Special Features:
- Our favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/12/2013The Grouse Mtn. Grill never disappoints! It has remained our favorite Mtn. Restaurant for a very long time! The service and food are unsurpassed! Would highly recommend itSpecial Features:
- Birthday Dinner was wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/4/2013We celebrated our son's 21st birthday at Grouse Mt. Grill in Beaver Creek. Our server, Rachel, was wonderful. She was informative, efficient and totally sweet. The food was exceptional. We visit Beaver Creek every year and have always gone to the Chop House which has become increasingly unpleasant and lacks good service. We will definitely return to Grouse Mt. Grill on our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yep. Worth it.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2013Each course was delicious, and we felt well taken care of the whole time - and not in an overbearing kind of way at all. My husband and I were having a weekend away, and I'm so glad we chose to eat here on Saturday night. The live music was an excellent touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best!TastingCarrotsDined on 8/3/2013Great food, great service, great music. Not much else I can say. Go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another outstanding meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/2/2013This was our second dining experience at Grouse Mountain Grill this summer and it was wonderful! Our waiter David was very accommodating and funny! We sat outside and brought friends who had never dined there before. We all enjoyed our meals, the ambiance, and the service. We highly recommend and will be back before we leave Colorado for the summer!Special Features:
- All around Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2013Had dinner here the last night of our vacation in Beaver Creek. The Food - Service - Wine list were all Outstanding! Would highly recommend if your looking for something special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMG words do not describeDaveDined on 7/25/2013OMG words do not describe the culinary experience. Ask anyone and they will agree! Our 5th year in a row having anniversary dinner at Grouse Mtn. and the best yet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mealbirthdayDined on 7/9/2013Grouse Mountain Grill is located in the Pine Lodge, which is a Rock Resort. The restaurant is beautiful. We had a party of six and had to sit inside, however the entire wall was french doors, giving you the feel of sitting outside. Party's of four or less were able to dine out on the balcony. The food was fabulous and the service some of the best ever. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Longstanding FavoriteLisaDined on 7/9/2013Grouse Mountain Grill is a must visit! The menu is creative and inviting; the challenge is knowing any selection will be outstanding - a good reason to keep coming back and try something new each time. The wine list is certainly expansive and the in-house sommelier is accommodating in assisting with the perfect wine pairing for your meal. Everyone is friendly and down to earth, smiling and helpful. Since this was a Summer visit, we sat outside to enjoy the beautiful views - they even had cozy fleece blankets available to keep you warm as the cool mountain air arrived. Also important to note, they did a remodel recently and while we did enjoy the cozy mountain decor, the new, more cosmopolitan/chic feel is just as inviting. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Great restaurant!!luvnlyfeVIPDined on 7/4/2013this is a very fun place with great people who are eager to help. food is fantastic and VERY creative (and they will substitute for some). this is a great place for a fun evening. great for a relaxed evening with a bunch of friends.Special Features:
- Wonderful!KittyVIPDined on 7/3/2013The food was fantastic! The waitress, Megan, is outstanding - ask for her. She guides you well with recommendations. By all staff, we were treated wonderfully.Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2013I have been many times over the past five years and I am amazed at how consistently excellent the Food and Service are. My favorite restaurant in Beaver Creek!Special Features:
- Awesome restaurant! We wentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/24/2013Awesome restaurant! We went with a group of ten for a special occasion. Service and food were outstanding. This restaurant is also a very romantic choice for couples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- King of the MountainFreshVIPDined on 6/22/2013The Grouse Mountain Grill is simply over-all the restaurant in Beaver Creek. Every time we visit it we come away with a smile on our face. The newly remodeled bar gives Eddie (a wizard of mixology) a great place to display his talents. The service at "The Grouse" is always fantastic. But the food is what we come for and it never disappoints. I have not found anything on the menu I would not order again. The best way to sum it up is, everything is delicious and meticulously presented. I would eat at The Grouse Mountain Grill every night if I could.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.