Grouse Mountain Grill
Beaver Creek Resort
Avon, CO 81620Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Grouse Mountain Grill
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.grousemountaingrill.com/
- Phone: 9709490600x1
- Hours of Operation:
Closed for the off season until May 23rd.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Gutowski
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant is available for private or semi-private functions for groups of 20-100. The spectacular Private Alpine Ballroom accommodates group of 10-100. The Executive Boardroom accommodate more intimate groups of 6-40. Grouse Mountain Grill does have a Group Services and Sales Manager to help with every step of the planning for private or special events of all kinds. Corporate dinners, wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, birthday and retirement parties, family reunions and brunches are examples of the special events our guests have enjoyed at our location. Grouse Mountain Grill delivers a very high level of service to all of our guests and groups receive the same attention to detail as our individual diners.
- Private Party Contact: Nancy Dowell 9709490600x102
- Entertainment: Jazz pianist, vocalist, Tony Gulizia during winter and summer seasons. Tony is currently off and will be back in mid June.
- Special Events: Thanksgiving menu features a traditional feast with all the trimmings. Regular menu is not available.
New Year's Eve features a fixed price five or seven course menu, live music, fireworks viewing, dancing for the late seating, party favors and champagne toast.
- Cross Street: Village Road
- Public Transit: Beaver Creek Village Transportation is available by phone for a complimentary ride anywhere within Beaver Creek Resort (970)949-1938.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Parking is offered at The Pines Lodge by Valet only. Your car will be parked on site and is free of charge to individual diners.
A word from Grouse Mountain Grill
Enjoy panoramic views, contemporary cuisine with a regional influence, award winning wine menu, fantastic service and live dinner music. A crackling fireplace sets the mood. Chef David Gutowski was recently invited to present dinner at The James Beard House in Manhattan where he cooked each course with Colorado meats, cheeses fish and produce. The dinner was sold out before it hit the calendar. Come and enjoy the cuisine of this rising star!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Grouse Mountain Grill - Best Restaurants in Beaver Creek ›
Grouse Mountain Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (59)scenic view (54)romantic (50)fit for foodies (44)notable wine list (35)great for outdoor dining (27)good for groups (14)neighborhood gem (13)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (4)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Always awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/14/2014Delicious meal - great atmosphere - love the piano player. You can usually get in here last minute - and it never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Food in Beaver CreekCharlieDined on 3/14/2014This was our second family dinner at Grouse Mountain Grill and it dd not disappoint. We all ordered different appetizers and main dishes. All were excellent. But, most notable were the desserts. Apparently they have a new pastry chef and he/she delivers top quality. We had the apple bread pudding, flour-less chocolate cake, and the carrot cake. All were very impressive. The ice cream that came with them was also among the best I have had. This is a pricey restaurant, but it delivers the goods; worth going if you can afford it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/13/2014We are from NYC, and have high eating standards, and we enjoyed everything about this restaurant. The service was excellent, and the food was even better. Smart though extensive wine list that would make anyone happy, and we really enjoyed our meal, esp the appetizers - lobster marscapone, kale salad. We were only in vail for a couple days, and were so impressed by the excellent food that we had the whole vacation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful. Dining experiencejoanieDined on 3/6/2014A wonderful. Dining experience with creative menu beautiful setting. Tables well spacedSpecial Features:
- Best meal in the mountainsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/5/2014For a great meal in a Beaver Creek, on par with NYC and London, head to Grouse Mountain Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional In Every AspectTomKVIPDined on 3/3/2014The food and service here was top notch in every way. Well seasoned, excellent presentation, nice portions. could not have been better. We eat out a lot and are more demanding than most couples. This is a find - absolutely try it if you are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentbmaffDined on 2/25/2014From the moment we sat down until we left, everything was pure perfection. The waiters were very attentive and friendly, made great recommendations. The food was outstanding, my favorite was the lobster & mascarpone appetizer. They provided a delicious children's menu. The atmosphere was very pleasant. We definitely come back next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dinnerJ5dinersDined on 2/24/2014We had the pretzel crusted pork and the eggplant agnolotti, both were fantastic. Excellent service. This restaurant is located in the Pines Lodge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!vandyDined on 2/20/2014The beet appetizer is an excellent way to start the meal. Great wine choices and the striped bass was great! Don't miss the chocolate dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining in Beaver CreekhungryBehrDined on 2/19/2014My husband and I dine all over the valley and this is one of the best. The atmosphere is elegant, but relaxed, the wait staff (bartender, sommelier, waitress) great and the food delicious. A winner every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not GreatMauitakoDined on 2/19/2014We had a very nice meal, and the server was the most attentive of any that we experienced during our week at Beaver Creek. My only "complaint" is that the meal was overpriced (in my opinion).I would recommend this to a friend.
- FanstasticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2014All of the food we ordered was absolutely amazing. The staff and service was exceptional from the time we walked in the Pines until we finished our meal. I would recommend this restaurant strongly to anyone who is a fan of exciting and different meat choices. A+++Special Features:
- Our waiter was excellent andagentDined on 2/14/2014Our waiter was excellent and gave us the perfect amount of attention. The menu choices were good and all 4 of us had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Dining Experience EVER!JBNMDDined on 2/13/2014We have dined most everywhere at Beaver Creek and the Vail Valley over 23 years, including a number of times at Grouse Mountain Grill. This was the worst dining experience EVER! The food was terrible: lobster marscapone was gloppy and tasted like canned crab mixed with melted ricotta. The beet salad was bitter and tasteless. The eggplant agnoletti was inedible -- salted to Dead Sea levels and unattractive beyond belief. The "crispy" duck breast -- the chef's favorite -- was so tough and fibrous, I could barely cut it. The meat was coated with soft fat that easily could have been crisped on an infrared burner, but wasn't, making the eating experience even worse. Fair service at a restaurant that is easily the most expensive in Beaver Creek.
- InnovationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/11/2014The grill always manages to find an interesting way to refine a classic dish or present a menu item that is so intriguing you can't help but order it. The menu ranges from Colorado specials from local sources of Elk, bison, and trout to Classic European. It is a must stop and dine site in the Beaver Creek area and worth a diversion if need be!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great view, food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/7/2014Nothing but positive expierience for my 13 year old son and I. He had the rabbitt and loved it. I had the elk and a great pinot noir as recomended by the waiter. Both were outstanding. We'll be back,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLuigiDined on 2/5/2014The food was great, starting with the brussell sprouts and finishing with the pork dish of the day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy Grouse Mtn Grill after skiingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/5/2014Always a great dining experience with superb and unique food choices, excellent and large wine selection all displayed on an ipad program, costly but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not so goodserviceseekerVIPDined on 2/4/2014the place is missing something, it looks good but not like a AAA first class place, and the food is not good at all, my lamb was dry and cold, is an average place but not an outstanding, is not worth taking the car out to go. I think the chef who originally designed the plates is no longer working there or they do not review the quality anymore. I dont know but I wont be coming again.
- Five Stars in the MountainsMattVIPDined on 2/4/2014After all these years we finally made it to Grouse Mountain. Why did we wait?!! The food was outstanding. I had the grilled Elk, my son had the rabbit done two ways and my wife had the pork special. All were amazing. Just simply amazing! Dessert had us licking our spoons. The wait staff was so professional. Emily our waitress was absolutely great. This restaurant is a must on our list from now on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grouse Mountain Grill is oneOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/31/2014Grouse Mountain Grill is one of those few restaurants that keeps getting better every time i dine here. The menu has a varies selection of choices, the food delicious, service spot on and the wine list deep. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfy and romanticLyndaDined on 1/30/2014Read great recommendations about this restaurant and it met my expectations all the way around. Great service, great food and a very pleasant setting. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great atmospherejakmdDined on 1/30/2014On a very snowy night we took the restaurant shuttle and then dial-a-coach to The Pines which is where the restaurant is. The food was superb as was the service. My wife has the beef tenderloin and I the striped bass. Both were exceptional. We will definitely return. One of our two favorites in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visit to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/26/2014Second visit to this restaurant and everything was fantastic from the bread to the desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular eveningEMcDVIPDined on 1/25/2014Grouse Mountain Grill is expensive and worth every penny. After being warmly greeted, we were shown to a romantic window table. When we asked for entree suggestions our terrific waiter, Elliot, guided us to an exceptional meal. Two types of fabulous freshly baked bread and three types of butter accompany every meal. I adored my beef and my husband had their famous pretzel covered park chops- absolutely amazing. I can unreservedly recommend this place!Special Features:
- Fantastic!MisterManDined on 1/25/2014And delicious. The Colorado striped bass ceviche was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Date Night Ever!LaneNLaurenDined on 1/23/2014From the moment we walked in, our every need taken care of and every question answered. The bartender was knowledgeable and made oustanding cocktails. The staff was very educated on the menu and the chef hit our meal put of the. This was by far the most memorable and delicious dining experience I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/17/2014This is our favorite restaurant in Beaver Creek! The service is wonderful and the food fabulous. The food is presented beautifully and is delicious. We had the duck breast and the pork chop from the menu. Our entrees were thoroughly enjoyed. We shared the chocolate layer cake, which was decadent and a marshmallow ice cream, which was also delicious. Our waiter was very attentive. The wine and food are somewhat pricey, but worth it! We hope you try the Grouse Mountain Grill when you visit the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv the menu / Luv the wineKimAndGreggVIPDined on 1/16/2014We have been to Grouse Mountain 5-6 times and love all of it. They staff is always friendly and smiling. The Sommelier is brilliant. He has a tremendous wine list. We love the local flavors which incorporates wild game. This restaurant is not for the delicate diners. My wife and I had 3 courses each plus dessert plus a cocktail and 2 bottles of wine.Special Features:
- Best meal in memoryBrianVDined on 1/11/2014I went with my fiance and father, and we all had the best dishes we'd eaten in months. We all tried each others' as well, and none of us was disappointed by anything we tried. I can't remember the last time I've left a restaurant without being able to think of a single aspect or plate that could have been improved. I will work hard in life to afford a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in the Vail ValleyJYS216Dined on 1/8/2014We recently dined here with a group of 6. Every dish was amazing from the kale salad to the buffalo short ribs, to dessert and the service was impeccable. One vegetarian in the group, who raved about her dish as well. This restaurant is one of the best in the Vail Valley.Special Features:
- Newly redecoratedJennyVIPDined on 1/3/2014We used to frequent Grouse Mtn. Grill 3-4 times a year when in Vail. With our favorite manager leaving and menu changes eliminating some of our favorite dishes, we had not been in at least a year. Since our last visit the dining room underwent a major renovation creating a much warmer dining area, but it is very loud and has a "hotel restaurant" feel rather than the unique (but chilly) former ambiance. The food was great with our party choosing a variety of dishes such as duck, rabbit, elk and trout that were all beautiful in flavor and appearance. The wine list was very pricy though, and the sommelier made suggestions priced well beyond what we told him that we wanted to spend. Overall it was a pleasant evening, but very pricy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/1/2014We ordered a number of different menu items and each of them was phenomenal. You can not go wrong with anything on this menu. Great service, perfect timing between courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- While most restaurants inkjwfoodDined on 12/30/2013While most restaurants in Beaver Creek have become lazy and content to serve mediocre food due to the massive amount of tourist, there are still a few really good ones. Grouse Mountain Grill is one them. Probably the best in BC. Nice touch with the wine list on an ipad. Dinner was fantastic, start to finish. Great atmosphere and I really enjoyed having desert in the bar while listening to not overly loud live music. Had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a lovely dinner atOutstandingVIPDined on 12/28/2013We had a lovely dinner at Grouse Mountain Grill. The restaurant itself was a bit loud and harder to carry on a conversation with the people across the table then I remembered. The food was good but the waiter was very good. We had an excellent bottle of wine and we would return. We all had the elk and enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Resort diningAmyBVIPDined on 12/28/2013An excellent evening during the most crowded,hectic week of the ski season Each employee was kind and gracious. That really made the excellent food seem even more enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceFrostyDined on 12/28/2013Really loved the lobster appetizer and the rabbit. Amazing wine list. Although very expensive well worth the visit for special occasions. Was impressed that the chief would come out and personally deliver a few dishes to patrons.Special Features:
- Special night out for your tripFritzDined on 12/28/2013Very welcoming and professional staff. They paid attention to every detail but it was still a very relaxed experience. For starters, the Cavatelli with regional meat was wonderful and they had excellent oysters with a tangy light dip. Our party of eight gave me an opportunity to sample several entrees. Chef has outstanding sense of how to cook meat and fish--all cooked to perfection with terrific rubs and sauces. I would also say the desert chef is also very talented. They have a super cool iPad app for their expansive wine list, but call over the Somalia unless you are an expert. He was very patient and recommended excellent wine pairings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as always...a favoriteHdavidDined on 12/27/2013Excellent, as always...a favorite spot for fine dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holiday DinnerReneDined on 12/25/2013We took our family to Grouse Mountain Grill for Christmas dinner. Everything was excellent! They were great with our kids. Highly recommend.Special Features: