900 Place Jean-Paul Riopelle
Montreal, QC H2Z 2B2Neighborhood:
French / CanadianPrice: CAN$51 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.restaurant-toque.com/
- Phone: 5144992084x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch (25$ to 45$): Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 1:45pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thusday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday : 5.30pm - 10.30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French / Canadian
- Executive Chef: Normand Laprise
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Manon Giroud-Nadaud 5144992084x
- Special Events: Thank you for choosing Restaurant Toque! We are hosting a Special Event this evening. Please call us if you have any questions!
A word from Restaurant Toque!
21 years ago Toqué! opened featuring local produce: a showcase for Quebec's terroir and its suppliers. The ongoing contributions of these artisans is no less important today. We have them to thank for foie gras de canard or salicornia; lamb of heirloom vegetables; seafood or fine herbs. These tireless farmers, foragers and fishermen inspire Toqué!'s cuisine, on which they bestow tastes, textures and natural aromas and unparalleled freshness.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Restaurant Toque! - Best Restaurants in Montreal ›
Restaurant Toque! reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (69)notable wine list (56)fit for foodies (55)romantic (39)great for lunch (9)hot spot (8)good for groups (6)neighborhood gem (6)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent but not the best MontréalBIgHVIPDined on 12/19/2013Service was great ,but not quick... No bread and water for a long time . Although thy change are seats or newer err seating. Out new server Philippe was just great Soup and 1 dish a bit cold.. Gluten free bread+++ Dishes were great and savoury!Special Features:
- Food was amazing. Wine pairingsDebraDined on 12/14/2013Food was amazing. Wine pairings were good but not great. Service was excellent. Cost was in line with what we expected. Thus was a four hour dining experience that didn't disappoint. We chose the tasting menu with wine pairing and had an opportunity to taste some combinations you couldn't imagine but that were fantastic. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best of the bestPierreVIPDined on 12/11/2013This is simply the no. 1 restaurant in Montreal. Food is exceptional and the service is first class. Every plate is an adventure both in taste and in appearance. Very original cuisine with attention to detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantNicetPicDined on 12/7/2013Ce restaurant est vraiment exceptionnel toutefois la facture est très salée ce qui ne nous incitera pas a y retourner. Nois voulions l'essayé et c'est fait. Très belle experience culinaire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and great serviceHaboubDined on 12/6/2013I went to Chez Toque with my wife and it was amazing. We took the 7 courses «degustation» menu and everything was fantastic. It's a bit pricy but it's a great restaurant for occasion. I was very satisfied overallSpecial Features:
- YummyliciousNutsDined on 12/6/2013We went to Toque to celebrate my husbands bday. We were greeted well. Servers were polite and knowledgeable about food. We opted for salmon confit, artichoke soup as appetisers that were out of this world. For the main course, we had chicken and Walleye fish. The fish was done to perfection- delicate,balanced and luscious. The dessert we ordered were caramel icecream and trifle--the trifle--was awesomest.. There is a reason why Normand Laprise is an institution--5 stars to him and his team. Will go again-- will recommend it to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the priceJCMontrealDined on 12/5/2013Food was good, as expected in this kind of restaurant, but nothing astonishing, no surprises (bad or good). Wine list did not look amazing, but the sommelier did recommend a very good wine! The restaurant itself does not look like a high end restaurant + very uncomfortable furniture (chairs, bench).Special Features:
- One of the best restaurant in towngm2friendDined on 12/5/2013Creative cuisine, excellent service. One of the best restaurant in town. Excellent location, near best hôtels. Prices are reasonnable for lunch. The "Mousse de foie de volaille" was outstanding, refreshing and light.Special Features:
- Great dinning experiencefortheloveoffoodDined on 12/3/2013We went for the tasting menu and it did not disappoint. It is worth mentioning that it is a surprise tasting menu, which as its perks, but I admit I like to follow the menu, so this was a novelty to me. The service was impeccable. The hostess and the waiters where very amicable and helpful. The decor is very cool. The wine cellar is quite impressive. I would recommend dinning at le Toqué to anyone who likes good food and a great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best in montrealLizannerDined on 12/3/2013Exquisite food, most professional and attentive service Very sober and elegant decor A Must in montreal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- all hypeJinBDined on 11/29/2013Knowing that this was a Montreal foodie mecca for years, I made reservations for my partner and me. We did the tasting menu with the champagne tasting and oysters. It's a sad state of affairs when the best dishes are an oyster, a scallop, foie gras, and cheese course. Three of these dishes had absolutely nothing to do with the experience of the chef in the kitchen, and the other you really can't screw up. The blood sausage was almost inedible and the rest of the dishes an exercise in meh-ness. As far as ambiance goes, the family with the bulimic girl sitting next to us left halfway into our meal, leaving only a table of trashiness to our left and a few new money API food tourists. Wouldn't recommend this to anyone. Go elsewhere.
- CreativeJaijohnDined on 11/29/2013Tries too hard to be creative at times with tastes clashing and no overwhelming sense of what one just ate. Example was a desert chefs surprise that had so many different things on the plate each one cancelled the other out as they were eaten. Love local grown and support of locals. I am trying hard to think of something that would compel me to return.
- Business Lunch at Restaurant ToqueFMH1964Dined on 11/29/2013I had an excellent lunch on Friday at Restaurant Toque. Service was accomodating as I had telephoned ahead to change the reservation from 12:30 to 12 p.m. Very good appetizer of pork suasage and brioche. A step up from that was the main course of Venison haunch. The mint ice cream with the brownie for dessert stood out. The purity of flavor of the mint was exceptional. My one suggestion would be that along with black tea, perhaps Darjeeling or Earl Grey could be offered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Bucket List RestaurantMontrealerMVIPDined on 11/27/2013We were 3 for son's 25th. Three chef's surprise 7 course tasting menus. You tell them allergies & foods you can't eat. Beautiful plates. Creative dishes imaginative ingredients. Wine pairing 5 glasses for 1; 7 for the other. Private label. Though pretty, I wasn't wild about blood pudding course or cheese one served in cappuccino cup (my taste, sorry) The other plates were wonderful. Restaurant large & modern; lots of sound absorption. Full restaurant -quiet. Service professional. Most expensive meal ever . Not sure I'd go back for tasting menu except for occasion. Try the regular menu which also sounded yummy and a bit more reasonable. 100% worth going - at least once-! Fabulous for foodies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular!DelmorediningDined on 11/23/2013Convivialité, excellete table, vins spectaculaires et visites de la cave à la cuisine! Un service extra dans une ambiance de bon goût!... à charge de revanche bientôt, nous l'espérons sincèrement. C'est certes une expérience dinatoire à répéter ou à faire partager. Pour une occasion spéciale le menu dégustation est une suite ininterrompue de découvertes agréables. Cordialement, L. Michel DelormeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A rare treat!anonymousDined on 11/20/2013We had not been to Toque! for a few years, assuming that the experience would be an extravagance. We were right! The prices are way up there BUT WELL DESERVED! I beg you, please start with one $5.00 oyster : just out of this world, woth every penny. The rest of the meal was equally memorable, not pretentious, elegant, tasty , original without excess. This place is indeed in a class above all competition. Thank you , Mr Laprise,for not basking in the glory of your past achiements.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had visited before in theFromPRDined on 11/15/2013Had visited before in the old locale and liked it better. It is now too 'overdone' and lost its casual flair. A la carte plates were good but nothing spectacular. Still a good place to go for a special occasion but be prepared to pay more than the value derived from the experience.Special Features:
- Awesome dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/12/2013My husband and I had just received a Toque gift certificate as a wedding gift from a few friends, so we decided to go all out. We ordered the menu degustation, and the 7 glass wine pairing. From the delicate flavours of all of the dishes to the sommelier coming to tell us why he chose each wine pairing, dinner was absolutely amazing. Our final bill was just under $500, and our gift certificate covered most of it so although it was super expensive, it was a one-time dining experience. Finally, the exceptional service was noticed when I felt a headache coming on, and they sent the Valet driver to go get me some Tylenol! Amazing! I don't think I'll be back because of the price, but I would definitely recommend it to others to try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- De la très grande qualitéDandeRigaudDined on 11/9/2013C est toujours une grande sortie quand nous nous rendons au Toqué ! Merci d’être aussi passionnés dans votre travail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste of MTLRichDined on 11/8/2013We had the special menu for the festival so I can't really comment on their real menu items. I found the special menu to work very well and I was able to taste each item. Highlights were the appetizers - the soup and pate were fantastic. The low was definitely the desserts, did not enjoy either dish. The service was spectacular and exactly what I would expect from a high class restaurant. Very good experience and will return for the real degustation menu.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceChuckVIPDined on 10/25/2013We experienced wonderful food in Montreal, but Toque was the highlight of our trip. The meal will set you back a buck, or two, and you will leave thinking it was worth every dollar. There is something special on the menu for everyone. We will be back next time we are in town.Special Features:
- I thought it was OK. Not whatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/23/2013I thought it was OK. Not what I was expecting from the reviews. The dining room lacked ambiance, service was ok and while the food was good and was not stellar to match the extremely overpriced menu.
- Probably the best food injoiseychowhoundVIPDined on 10/22/2013Probably the best food in Montreal, a city with no shortage of good food. Excellent service. Intelligent wine selection. Rather expensive, but deservedly so. Interesting preparations that still work. Kudos all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food-LuvyamDined on 10/19/2013The Menu Degiustation was awsome. Every dish was incredibly tasty and creatively made. We loved it. The 7 glasses of wine selection was good but not up to the food level specially the red wine should have been a higher quality.Special Features:
- Modern decor. Excellent foodUncleBillVIPDined on 10/18/2013Modern decor. Excellent food and service. Expensive but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticDaveDined on 10/17/2013Very expensive but very good. Order the mushrooms for an appy and the halibut.Special Features:
- When perfection sits at the table!MelMironDined on 10/17/2013J'aime ce restaurant d'amour. Et que dire du service du dîner : même qualité d'ingrédients, même qualité de service, même vin recherché, même souci du détail, standards d'excellence uniques quoi. Mais à un prix plus abordable qu'en soirée. Que demander de plus? When perfection sits at the table :) Merci à Normand Laprise et son équipe.Special Features:
- Delicious SeafoodDemokDined on 10/16/2013We're from Calgary so we wanted to experience some fine French cuisine and it was the positive reviews from Urban Spoon which lead us here. The food was spectacular, absolutely delicious. My wife had the Halibut and I had the Arctic Char. Both were mouth watering, very flavourful with great presentation. I haven't had Arctic Char this good since Vancouver last year when I had it as the catch of the day while dining on a patio in Granville Island. We weren't shy with ordering wine, appetizers, desserts, expressos, etc. on top of our meals, yes the whole 9 yards so after all was said & done so to speak, we pumped $200 in the local Quebec economy but it was seriously worth every penny. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, if not perfectbnp4foodVIPDined on 10/8/2013We enjoyed our evening very much but it fell short of the perfection we were expecting. First the white burgundy wine we ordered was not chilled and we had to wait 15 minutes for them to chill it. Then the tuna nicoise salad appetizer we ordered did not come with the green beans and tomatoes as mentioned on the menu. Finally the chef was a bit heavy on the salt for our liking. Everything else was delightful and we would return but only after trying Montreal's other fine dining spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just go, with friends or alone go!LoulouDined on 10/4/2013For me to dine alone, it has to be good cause your focus is more on the food than the conversation with people sitting with you and it was absolutly fantastic!Special Features:
- Not for LunchFancy1Dined on 10/3/2013The squash soup I ordered was between lukewarm and cool. I have eaten in the evening at Toqué! several times and the food has always been excellent. It looks like the kitchen cannot handle a busy restaurant such as it was at lunch. I will not return.
- awesome restaurantvinsanityVIPDined on 10/2/2013This place is definitely worth going to. I'll leave my only complaint at the beginning since it happened as we sat down, that was we didn't get a menu until 20 min after we sat down, just found that to be a little odd. We ordered the tasting menu all around. Loved the progression in the courses. The tuna carpaccio was absolutely amazing and would go back to have 3 of those dishes instantly as my meal. The venison heart was very unique as that was my first time trying it and I was blown away by how tender and flavorful it was. We all noticed the beautiful wine cellar that was behind us and asked the server if it would be ok to get a tour of it. Our server was happy to show us. Will surely be back to enjoy again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Montreal's GemYENTLDined on 9/28/2013This was a excellent gourmet treat to end off our Quebec visit. Wonderful dining experience in nearby old Montreal showcasing its finest local ingredients and products. Service was impeccable and beyond as we were surprisingly given a private tour of the restaurant after our meal by owner. Highly recommeded to any foodie. Definitlely a place to consider to make a evening truly special and memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor and Slow ServiceFoodie08Dined on 9/28/2013I dined at Toqué this past Saturday evening. Service was very disappointing. Incredibly poor service from a restaurant of this caliber. The lack of enthusiasm and explanation of dishes, lack of attention to detail by wait staff, along with inattentiveness and long wait times between courses is absolutely unacceptable given the status and reputation of Toqué. The food was good for the most part, but the service made the entire experience less enjoyable and disappointing. I had expected more from a restaurant like Toqué! We will not be returning.Special Features:
- Best Food in MontrealFinePalateVIPDined on 9/26/2013Refined, creative, original and an absolute feast for the eyes and the palate. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining experience on our trip!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/26/2013Wow! Dining at Toqué was the best dinner we had on our vacation to Montréal! We had the tasting menu and enjoyed every bite. The first dish featured a vegetable purée and the last dish cleverly kept that same theme. The inventive dishes like the salmon carpaccio to the heavier main dishes like the tender beef plate, were expertly prepared and served. The wait staff was friendly and attentive. Despite the beautiful and expensive dining environment, the staff was still approachable and accommodating. Try Toqué; try the best in Montréal.Special Features:
- Fantastic!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2013A unique food experience well worth the price. For any special occasion or for business dinner, this restaurant will impress your guests. Service was very professionnal and well orchestrated. Very quiet and relaxing environment even when the place of full. I will return to try more dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJacomoDined on 9/24/2013Excellent restaurant in every way. Food is great, service is excellent, decor is nice and patrons are quiet. Totally enjoyable place to eatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mealDCdinerVIPDined on 9/24/2013The food was excellent and our waiter was wonderful. Dessert was out of this world. Expensive but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There is nothing but praiseKonaKaneDined on 9/13/2013There is nothing but praise for this restaurant. It was our first time here and though everyone raves about it; the "proof is in the pudding". This was one of the finest dining experiences we have in memory. The setting though a bit urban was elequant and understated, the service was nearly flawless, the timing of the food course. the knowledgeable staff were all outstanding. The real story is the exquisite food. We had the degustation menu with wine flights and fois gras and it was extraordinary. The food was creative, fresh, flavorful and presented beautifully. The wine flights, though a bit eclectic in selection, paired with the food in a harmony and balance I have not experienced before. What an experience; we will be back!Special Features: