The Barrymore - Inside Royal Resort Las Vegas
99 Convention Center Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Barrymore - Inside Royal Resort Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.barrymorelv.com/
- Phone: 7024075303x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:45pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Anthony Meidenbauer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: For Catering Options/Menus, please contact:
- Special Events: To book special events, please contact:
A word from The Barrymore - Inside Royal Resort Las Vegas
Fine Dining and Love Affairs. A contemporary twist to retro Las Vegas, The Barrymore serves up American Classic cuisine that is both approachable and unpretentious. Dig on dishes paired with local craft beers, handcrafted cocktails and a selection of one-of-a-kind wines from across the globe, all under $50Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
The Barrymore - Inside Royal Resort Las Vegas - Best Restaurants in The Strip ›
The Barrymore - Inside Royal Resort Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (54)special occasion (50)fit for foodies (39)neighborhood gem (32)notable wine list (23)good for groups (15)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Fabulous mealTraylblazerDined on 5/27/2014This restaurant has incredible atmosphere but don't be fooled, the food and service are just as great. I went there looking for something unique and it delivered in every aspect. Will definitely go back when in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I expected bettervalarieDined on 5/24/2014I chose this place for my husband's 40th birthday dinner, based on an excellent TripAdvisor rating. Unfortunately, we were not impressed with the food. The ambience was beautiful, cocktails made well. Hubby and I ordered filets. Mine was ok, his steak was awful! Full of fat! Since when does a filet mignon have fat on it? We sent it back to have another cooked. What was brought to our table next looked like the chef had merely attempted to cut the fat off, mangling the cut of meat.Terrible customer service for the price. We were in a hurry to get to a show on the Strip, and unable to stay. My husband ate most of my meal, and the basket of bread, to fill up. I felt bad for choosing this place, and wish I had taken my birthday guy elsewhere.
- A favorite downtownEvanVIPDined on 5/23/2014Great little hidden gem that tourists don't know about. Beautiful art deco blast from the past. You feel like you're stepping into a bygone era, a Vegas that once was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite food and drinksLindseyDined on 5/23/2014Absolutely charming restaurant and bar! Our drinks were delicious and the salad and entrees were fantastic. The wait staff were very helpful. This was really a treat!!Special Features:
- Old School VibeljfoodieDined on 5/23/2014Atmosphere is perfect for the old school vibe, especially when you add in the crooner singing at a volume just right to not overwhelm. Service from Israel was prompt, fun and informed. Food was equally as good. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good option just off the stripTexasJackDined on 5/23/2014Good food and wine, and nice atmosphere. Service was outstanding, and everyone from valet to general manager contributed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 555 reviews are from the The Barrymore - Inside Royal Resort Las Vegas reviews archive.
- great spotrowingmanVIPDined on 5/20/2014Food was really great, and the ambience and service were better than anything I have seen elsewhere in Las Vegas. Highest recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedVegasLoveDined on 5/17/2014My husband and I picked The Barrymore based on recent reviews from OpenTable and Trip Advisor. Our evening started off fine. We were greeted by the pleasant hostesses and the bartenders quickly served us great cocktails.The lounge singer had an amazing voice and created a fun atmosphere (though I would have preferred she sang along to a real piano instead of karaoke tracks from a laptop). We were seated quickly, enjoyed the amazing grilled octopus appetizer, then everything went downhill from there. Service was poor and we waited over an HOUR before our main course finally arrived! My husband's steak was tough (even though he requested med-rare) and my lobster special tasted heavily of charcoal. We won't be returning.
- What an amazing find!AshleyDined on 5/17/2014We were looking for a classy elegant old-fashioned place in Vegas and the Barrymore was everything we could have wished for. The hotel is awesome with a vintage flair that carries over into the restaurant. The food was very tasty and creative, as well as reasonably priced. Our waitress was sweet and helpful and made us feel special by never rushing and trying to make conversation. There was a female singer in the bar area that we could hear for the last half of our dinner which was nice. There were a few groups there for bachelor/ette parties and a few couples getting cozy in the booths. The atmosphere was perfect and we will definitely visit again next time!Special Features:
- QuirkyMilloDined on 5/15/2014OK but not outstanding, typical US pretentious wine list full of wines no international travellers recognise and do people really pay 500 dollars for a bottle of wine or is the list just for showing off to other restaurants.Special Features:
- Hate to bring up the negativesoprahcakeDined on 5/14/2014Really liked it & don't want to put others off, but if I were to be honest, there were a few negatives: A hair in the food. Didn't want to mention it as it was obviously an accident, but there was. Arrived, ordered, ate 2 courses & drank 1 drink, paid & were out within an hour. Reservation noted it was our anniversary, but no mention of this was made. Lady at front desk of hotel found it to be a huge inconvenience to call a taxi for us & was very unfriendly. I don't know how else we were expected to get a cab, there isn't a cab rank nearby nor any passing. Ordinarily I would've tipped for a cab being called for me, but she didn't deserve it. However the service from our waiter was outstanding & the restaurant was lovely: a hidden gem.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysRjbarr4VIPDined on 5/10/2014Went there for a pair of birthdays. The food and wine was excellent. Best steak in las Vegas and great ambience too!Special Features:
- Eat here!GoostinDined on 5/8/2014Don't let the outward appearance of the Royal resort fool you, this was a fantastic restaurant! The decor was retro cool, the food was fantastic (although I will probably skip desert next time), and more than anything else, the service was outstanding! The waiter greeted us by name, it seemed as though every employee in the restaurant helped us at some point in the meal. The pictures on the website make the patio look larger than it actually is but the ambiance in the dinning room was unbeatable. I had a MUCH better meal/experience here than I did at Prime in the Bellagio. Eat here before the entire strip discovers this gem and you cant get a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food-Service-AtmospherecoldwdDined on 5/6/2014The Barrymore did not disappoint. Chose this restaurant for our group dinner based on the reviews. The food, service and atmosphere were exceptional. We were a little leery upon arrival as it's a little off the strip, but definately worth it. Highly recommend including this experience in any Vegas plans. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday treatCpb74Dined on 5/1/2014We booked this as a treat great meal steak was lovely cooked perfectly small but intimate dinning experience off the hustle and bustle of the strip just was we wantedSpecial Features:
- Delicious!JT201Dined on 5/1/2014Amazing food & service. The decor was nice & suited the atmosphere. Definitely would go back when in the area.Special Features:
- Well exceeded our expectationsfoodlover28Dined on 4/26/2014The decor and ambiance were gorgeous. Food was the best that I've had in a while. The steak was the best I've had all year. Ordered it rare and it was perfectly cooked. Would go back again next time I'm in Vegas.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014I chose this restaurant for our wedding anniversary because of the great reviews even though I had never heard of the Royal Resort. When we pulled up to the resort we were very skeptical because the outside looked pretty shady. We decided we decided we would at least look inside and give it the benefit of the doubt. The inside is really small and cute and the restaurant is also small but very nicely decorated. The staff was super friendly and offered us a free glass of champagne and dessert to celebrate our anniversary. My husband ordered a steak they had on special for $55 and I ordered the chicken and they were both really good. I really enjoyed the live singer and the ambience of The Barrymore. The customer service was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad I finally made itbrandyeatsDined on 4/25/2014I heard about the Barrymore quite awhile back and was finally able to try it. My son wanted Foie Gras, which they offer and which was quite good. I had the Tomahawk Rib Eye which was superb, as well as the rest of my meal. I'll take my friends back now that I've tried it.Special Features:
- Great Find in Las VegasGmanDined on 4/24/2014We chose the Barrymore for our 26th anniversary dinner. Never been there before but it was recommended by my brother. This is a small but elegant place away from all the hustle and bustle of the strip. Located near the convention center and Circus Circus. Food was top shelf without being over priced like so many other places. Excellent wine list and a special list "50 wines under $50" was great. The Chilean Seabass was outstanding, melt in your mouth with a lot of flavor. Steaks also great!! Can't say enough about the food. Server was professional and experienced. Just the right touch. They also have a great outside patio with great ambience.Special Features:
- Steakhouse dining - old school.SharonSDined on 4/20/2014The Barrymore is located in a small hotel just off the strip. It is a bit of a late sixties time capsule in style. The room is small, with cozy booths around the outside and larger tables in the middle. It makes a nice change from the huge, noisy restaurants on the Strip. The menu is classic steakhouse - huge cuts of well aged, beautifully cooked steak. Extensive wine list, which leans heavily towards US wines also has a selection of '50 bottles under 50 dollars'. To our eyes both the prices and serving sizes were eye-opening, but we have been told repeatedly that prices on the Strip are much higher. So, if you want a real steakhouse experience, without the crowds and noise and at a more bearable price point consider the Barrymore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!blairDined on 4/16/2014Small restaurant with excellent food, wine and wait staff. Not your typical Las Vegas restaurant. We were able to conduct a very productive business meeting over dinner. Everyone really enjoyed themselves.Special Features:
- Awesome food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014We were celebrating a family birthday and I couldn't be happier with the food. Our server was a little flighty but the rest do the experience made up for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinning eleganceNPW1VIPDined on 4/10/2014We visit Las vegas a few times a year and enjoy trying different restaurants. After viewing the menu for The Barrymore we had a sense that this would be a fine dinning experience. While having a coctail at the bar we met the chef and asked him to create a 5 course dinning experience. He was more than happy to oblige and prepared courses involving fois gras, sea bass and filet mignon. Our server Isreal was knowledgable of the ingredients and preparation of each dish. The wine list had interesting choices. We chose a red wine from Slovenia comparable to a quality Bordeaux. The dinning room is elegant and intimate allowing you to converse in a normal voice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service not enough goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/9/2014I booked a table but had to wait more than half a hour to be seated. Tips 20% were added automatically. In my opinion restaurant overpriced. The food was good.Special Features:
- First time at Barrymore...JerryDined on 4/8/2014The Barrymore reminds one of an era gone by - almost like it takes you back in time. The ambiance is wonderful with plush booths and old movie reels lining the ceiling. We had an early reservation so the place was very quiet when we arrived and stayed very romantic as more guests arrived. Service was good and the waiter was attentive. The lobster bisque is very nice and the wedge salad presentation unique. The braised short rib is melt-in-your-mouth and exceeded my expectations. My wife's fish was very good but the waiter's description of the fish was off the mark. I would definitely dine at the Barrymore again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumnerdlifeDined on 4/6/2014The Barrymore is an off-strip find. Food is always excellent, wine is amazing, prices are very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad FoodLennyDined on 4/4/2014Our shrimp tasted old and fishy and the steak was tough. Pork belly was good, Lobster Mac n Cheese was flavorless, undercooked and had no visible traces of lobster. The wait staff was very nice and attentive. They need to work on their food execution and maybe find a new meat supplier.
- A hidden gemashesDined on 4/4/2014This is a great find - we found this on Trip Advisor a couple of years back and now go there every time we come to Las Vegas - this time we went twice in four days and sat at the bar as well as in the restaurant - we live on Maui and so have great octopus and rarely eat it outside of Hawaii - we took a chance on their happy hour menu and WOW - as good as anything we have at home - in addition, Caesar Salad was outstanding and the steak cooked to perfection - the bartenders are very friendly and they have a lounge singer and small dance floor - this is vintage Las Vegas - a wonderful experience - I would recommend it highly - also, ask for Joe - he played with Sinatra, Martin, etc. - 93 and still going strong - great stories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intimate DiningVickyFDined on 4/2/2014We had a beautiful intimate dinner at Barrymore. The room layout allows for private dining and romantic atmosphere. The duck was superb. Service was outstanding. We didn't feel rushed & everyone was very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/31/2014Wanted to get away from the tourists on the strip, but did not want to take a taxi. Found this place and it was just what we needed. It was quaint, quiet had great food and really friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb food and great winesMitchDined on 3/30/2014Superb food, great wines and good quiet atmosphere, was just perfect for our last night in Vegas. Our waiter had attention for the detail and made us enjoy the evening. We will return. TxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden Gem...JVegasDined on 3/29/2014As a 30+ year local, few venues surprise me as this one had. The Barrymore is easy to find and centrally located off the strip. The restaurant has a smaller dining room, quite romantic and cozy, with a lot of the bygone Las Vegas charm in decor. The service was outstanding, even with a large wedding party occupying central location. Food quality was exquisite, with something for all palates. We look forward to returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is how to do fine diningSmileyVIPDined on 3/29/2014My favorite place in vegas and I've tried em all. There is serious talent in the kitchen here. My fifth visit and consistently great. The duck is amazing, the foie gras sublime. While not cheap it's worth every penny and the servers are exceptionally good. Win win win, must visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the BarrymorewilewgnDined on 3/26/2014Eclectic decoration, great service, but the food was mediocre. The steak I had was well cooked but not very flavorful. The roast that my wife had was way overcooked to the point of disintegration. We had the lobster macaroni that everyone raved about and wouldn't have even known there was lobster in it except for the name. Overall we found it overpriced for the quality and taste of the food.Special Features:
- Still AmazesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/22/2014Love this place. We've been here many times and it never disappoints. Great cocktails and every item on the menu is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat2muchfunDined on 3/21/2014We have been to the Barrymore several times and we have never been disappointed. We have brought our family and friends to enjoy the experience as well. We will continue to come back as it's become our favorite spot to really sit back and savor the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sticker shockValueseekerDined on 3/21/20141st night in Vegas. Food was excellent but at Manhattan prices. Small wine pour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gemgkilley1Dined on 3/18/2014Amazing dinning room. The atmosphere is why you go. Service and decor are top notchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Time!FoodieLVVIPDined on 3/17/2014Another great meal! We started at the bar with the best Old Fashion in town and a few of the happy hour appetizers - crispy pork bellies so good! We then dined in the main dining room. My steak was cooked perfectly and the creamed spinach was very good as well. If you can, request Kendra or Emily as a server. Also, stop by the bar to see Cody - great drinks! It was too windy to enjoy the patio - but when the weather is nice, perfect place to meet with friends and drinks! You can dine on the patio too! A true hidden gem in Las Vegas and if you haven't tried it out you should!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.