700 Bethlehem Pike
Erdenheim, PA 19038Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.robertotrattoria.com/
- Phone: 2152339955
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout
A word from Roberto's Trattoria
Casual, friendly, and family owned, Roberto's Trattoria specializes in pasta, made by hand, from the freshest quality ingredients. Among our signature dishes are pear ravioli in a brandy cream sauce, and "Ravioli alla Roberto" filled with savory crabmeat. If you're feeling "crazy" try our spaghetti alla schizzofrenica. Roberto's Trattoria also features classical Italian dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Roberto's Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Chestnut Hill ›
Roberto's Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)fit for foodies (10)kid-friendly (4)special occasion (4)vibrant bar scene (2)romantic (2)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- First visit to Roberto'syummyDined on 1/4/2014Very cozy neighborhood restaurant. Really enjoyed the homemade pasta and bruchetta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The pasta is homemae, freshestDaveDined on 12/31/2013The pasta is homemae, freshest ingredients, great service, specials are reasonably priced and highest quality. Downtown quality with neighborhood prices. Have never had a bad experience there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good service, food not outstandingoliveseekerDined on 12/31/2013Very friendly, good service, had pumpkin ravioli (I think that is what it was) very good. But food overall just acceptable. My cocktail (lemon something I think) was really not good. I would try it again if I wanted a quiet, friendly place close by.
- Authentic Italian Tratorria!Luv2eatoutDined on 12/28/2013We started our meal with the baked mozzarella, prosciutto and mushroom appetizer. We've had this before and just love it. The house bread, a lovely crusty Italian, goes perfectly with it. My husband had the homemade lasagna which was one of the best he ever had. Even the noodles were freshly made. I was in the mood for a traditional spaghetti and meatballs and was quite impressed by both the sauce and the meatballs. We capped our meal with a pumpkin praline cheesecake which we had to split due to the generous, yet not outrageously large, dinner portions. We even got to meet Roberto, who hails from Rome. What a wonderful host and an exceptional cook! Molto Bene!Special Features:
- A small local gem for foodies.JoanDined on 12/28/2013Owned/operated by Chef who LOVES his food. Herbs grown in a gorgeous award-winning garden on the premises. Small but professional, personal, warm. Many regulars including large family gatherings so be prepared to effectively share your conversation with the restaurant unless you are there very early. Also an apparently thriving small bar scene. If I ever hung out in a bar this would be the one.Special Features:
- robertosreneeDined on 12/26/2013This little tiny restaurant was dark but romantic. It was our first time and we didn't sit by the windows we were seated in the back by the door that let up to the steps to go to the restroom, Normally it would of bothered me to sit there especially since I made reservations ahead of time and expected to get decent seats it really wasn't busy either but like I said it was pretty dark so it really didn't matter anyway. The food was good we had the cheese platter which was typical and my husband had the crab ravioli with a cream sauce which he loved (I was expecting just a little bit of ricotta in the filling but it was mostly backfin or claw meat), I had the spinach and ricotta ravioli which where outstanding! Homeade pasta is there thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GEM!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/15/2013Had a great dinner with friends. The homemade pasta is fresh and delicious! Really good filet special....could cut it with a fork!! The prices are VERY reasonable. Will be back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousChrisDined on 12/11/2013Everything was perfect, as usual! Delicious authentic Italian pastas with a very affordable menu and wine list. excellent service.Special Features:
- Cafe style; upscale priceMarkusDined on 12/10/2013We tried Roberto's tonight for the first time and found it disappointing overall. The menu was uninspired--basic Italian with a few specials. The food was passable--nothing objectionable but hardly remarkable. The gotcha was the price. The specials (most at $26-29) were absolutely unworthy. Filet or lamb-chops with mashed potatoes and overcooked green beans for 30-bucks? Uh, no. It's clearly a locals haunt for the over-60 crowd, which is fine. But if you're looking for a great meal (or a fair price), keep looking.
- Great FindMargeDined on 12/7/2013A nice neighborhood gem with fabulous pastas and choice combinations. The pear ravioli is sweet, but not too sweet, and a perfect combination of flavors. The special polenta app was flavorful and the mussels sweet and plump. Soup was okay. Can't wait to return and try the gnocchi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciouspastaloversDined on 12/1/2013Roberto's is a quaint, quiet restaurant with delicious food. The service was outstanding and the food was served quickly. We dined on a Sunday evening, so there wasn't a huge crowd. The ravioli and gnocchi are homemade, while the spaghetti and penne pasta are not. Both were delicious.Special Features:
- FantasticChrisDined on 11/29/2013As usual, everything we ate at Roberto's was delicious. The homemade pasta is incredible and the service is wonderful.Special Features:
- Authentic ItalianFoodaddictDined on 11/9/2013The homemade pasta and service is terrific. We loved our meals and will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RT ItslianKMPicksVIPDined on 10/30/2013Great homemade pasta. Make reservations if there's a show. @ Keswick! We were too full for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousChrisDined on 10/26/2013We had the pear ravioli appetizer, pasta alla norma, and gnocchi gorgonzola and every bite was fantastic. I have never had a bite of food here that I didn't love.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2013Went for the fresh pasta, which was very good. Service was iffy and drinks questionably expensive. I'd come back just for the ravioli.
- Great VealJoaniebVIPDined on 10/12/2013Loved the veal. Reasonable and sweet place. Homemade pasta - we had spinach ravioli was a little so-so. Salad medicre. But, I would go back for sure. Nice, nice crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dining experience. WishCincinDined on 10/6/2013Good dining experience. Wish they had more of a variety of wines by the glass. Waiter was attenttive. Pasta was freshly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad to have found Roberto'sPaulDined on 9/27/2013I like this place very much... Great, creative menu (rustic Italian... reminds me of dinner at my grandmother's on a Sunday afternoon in South Phila about a million years ago), congenial wait staff, efficient service in a comfortable, relaxed setting. We had a fine, flavorful meal in more than ample portions -- embellished by generous cocktails -- and we didn't didn't break the bank. We needed great comfort food, and we got it. We'll be back...Special Features:
- Italian pasta to die for!CV12031Dined on 9/13/2013Try the pear ravioli, listed as an app however you may want another for an entree! I had the nights special, Roberto's meat lasagna! Melted in my mouth! Also has the spinach nochi's, also crazy good! Calamari was excellent as an app as well. Must go back to try more. Thought about the food and how splendid it was for days after eating there. The owners, Roberto and Anne, are in the restaurant and very warm and friendly. We will surely return, cannot wait! We brought my 1 year old nephew, they loved him, especially Roberto, again so friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect every timeChrisDined on 9/7/2013The homemade ravioli are so delicious and creative. The gnocchi gorgonzola melts in your mouth. The panzanella is fresh and authentic. The service is warm, friendly, and exactly what you want it to be. I have been back so many times that I've lost count!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousChrisDined on 8/10/2013I have been back to Roberto's many times since my first taste. The food is homemade by Roberto and is fantastic every time. Roberto and Anne are wonderful hosts and the service is always great.Special Features:
- Always deliciousChrisDined on 6/29/2013There were 3 of us for dinner and we started with the panzanella which was fantastic. The gnocchi are the softest I've ever eaten and the gorgonzola sauce is perfect. The pear ravioli are a delicious blend of sweet and savory and the "ravioli Roberto" was a big hit. We had salads which were just right as well as dessert and it was all excellent and is excellent every time. The wine list has a lot of great choices at amazing prices. The service and the warm welcome are outstanding.Special Features:
- lovely neighborhood findOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/22/2013the pastas were delicious, especially the delicate spinach gnocchi. Waiter was very accomodating.Special Features:
- Excellent!rdiioiaDined on 6/8/2013We had a great evening! The food was excellent, the service was superb and the atmosphere delightful! I would highly reccomend Roberto's to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent!! TheGoodfoodrocksDined on 5/17/2013The food was excellent!! The ravioli was out of this world. Out waiter was very nice and accommodating. We were there with our to young children and everyone was extremely nice to them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed, but will not give up!localdinerDined on 5/11/2013I have been here at least 5 times. This is the only time I would not give Roberto's top marks. We did not have our regular waiter. We were a party of 6 and the waiter we had could not get any of our orders straight. You could only talk to the person seated right next to you because the noise level was so loud in the crowded restaurant. The food was fine, but not the over-the-top quality we have experienced in the past. I think we just picked the wrong night to dine out..between mother's day and graduations, etc. it was too crowded. I will definitely go back to Roberto's, but not on a traditionally busy night for dining out. I much prefer the quiet, leisurely, quality dining experiences that I have had in the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was impressed by Roberto'sabsullyDined on 4/26/2013I was impressed by Roberto's in the past, but it's been a few years. While the service and atmosphere were fine, the food was unexciting and rather bland. I hope it was an off night.
- Delicious MealChrisDined on 4/6/2013I have eaten here several times and each time the food has been fantastic. Roberto's gnocchi melt in your mouth and the gorgonzola sauce is perfect. I have had this dish in Italy and Roberto's far exceeds any that I have had prior to his! Three of us ate here this past Saturday and in addition to the gnocchi we had the pear/gorgonzola ravioli which were out of this world and also ravioli Roberto which were delicious. The service was perfect. Roberto and his wife Ann are so welcoming and friendly.Special Features:
- Good was delicious. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/30/2013Good was delicious. Service very good. Noise level sometimes made it difficult to hear conversation with people at tableSpecial Features:
- Special place. The homemadeSuzanneVIPDined on 3/23/2013Special place. The homemade pasta dishes are excellent. Friendly and knowledgeable staff. A great dining experience. We will be back.Special Features:
- Pasta was homemadeOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/23/2013Homemade pasta hit the spot. Very good pesto sauce. Salad was clean and fresh, and the herb vinaigrette was tasty. Asparagus was yummy. The table was very small. There was a couple sitting at a 4-person table and five other 4-people tables that were not occupied. But we were smushed into a small two-seater. The water person was no where to be seen. We got only one glass of water for our entire meal, never asked if we wanted refills.Special Features:
- Nice but no ravesGastronautDined on 3/2/2013Food was fine but nothing special. Parking is hit or miss. This visit it was realitively quiet but on another visit, a singer was belting out cover songs in the main dining area, essentially squashing any chance to converse with your dining party. Also, the place is a bit small for the whole piano bar thing...
- Like dining at homeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/24/2013We started out as a table of four just getting together for a quiet night out. It quickly turned into a table of eight enjoying one of the best nights in a long time. A very patient waitstaff didn't feel the need to rush anyone, since there were new friends to meet and old friends to explain how we all knew each other. Our six degrees turned into a couple of 2 and 3 degrees. The food made the great night into a fabulous evening of trying the many different and interesting choices on Roberto's menu. I tasted 2 of the pasta dishes along with one of the best Veal Oscars I've had in a long time.Everyone from Roberto himself to Annie, to Tony (our waiter)made us feel like we were eating at home, and not a restaurant.Special Features:
- We were pleasantly suprisedJamieSVIPDined on 2/16/2013We were pleasantly suprised by our first meal at Roberto's. We live in the neighborhood but had never tried it. Great selection of unique homemade pastas. Food and service were great. Nice family-run place with Mr. and Mrs. "Roberto" visting each table to check on us... Would return.Special Features:
- The food was bland. The lightingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013The food was bland. The lighting was too bright. I have no desire to go back. I think my expectations were to high. It wasn't bad, but I had hoped for great.
- Great as usual. Roberto'sFrequentFoodieVIPDined on 2/16/2013Great as usual. Roberto's is a regular stop in our dining options. Love this place!Special Features:
- Brian W.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2013My wife and I have been to here a few different time and every time we go there we love it more and more. The food was outstanding and had great seasonal specials. The service is always good with the waitstaff being very knowledgeable and respectful with the timings of the different courses. I would highly recommend this place and plan to go back as often as we can.Special Features:
- A very good experience. TheFlourtownGVIPDined on 2/14/2013A very good experience. The pasta alla Roberto is just terrific. Will definitely go back and have recommended this fine place.Special Features:
- Never had a bad meal here.DaveDined on 1/25/2013Never had a bad meal here. Great food. Roberto is always personable, friendly and happy to explain th emenu if asked.Special Features: