2810 6th Avenue
Tacoma, WA 98406Neighborhood:
ArgentineanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.asadotacoma.com/
- Phone: 2532727770
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation: Dining Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am- 2:30pm Dinner: All Week: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Lounge Monday-Friday: 2:30pm-late Saturday-Sunday: 4pm-late Happy Hour Monday-Friday 2:30pm-6:30pm Every Day 9:30pm-late
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Full service private dining is offered for Asado at our sister restaurant right across the street, Masa. Clients may choose from Asado menus or Masa's regional Mexican menus. Please see our web-site for complete Private Dining menus. Our private dining room features full AV needs for presentations, and is hip and fun with a view of the district. The room can accommodate up to 80 people for sit-down or 100 people for a reception. The space is adjacent to our second floor open air cabana deck and bar which can function as a break out area, or for additional space.
- Private Party Contact: Barbro Fehlauer 2532540561
A word from Asado
Asado offers the fabulous flavors of Argentina using the freshest ingredients from the Northwest and beyond. We proudly serve all natural pork, chicken and beef grilled masterfully over imported mesquite wood. Asado offers several fresh seafood options, like our Mero del Costa (seared sea bass), as well as fresh daily chef features including tasty and interesting options for those who don't want meat. Asado boasts arguably the most complete selection of Argentine wines in the Northwest. Located in the heart of the Tacoma’s 6th Avenue Business district, the South Sound's premier entertainment neighborhood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Asado - Best Restaurants in Tacoma ›
Asado reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (70)fit for foodies (64)neighborhood gem (59)romantic (35)notable wine list (29)hot spot (26)good for groups (22)vibrant bar scene (20)great for outdoor dining (12)late-night find (12)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- asadoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014We love this restaurant. We have never had a bad meal here. One of the most important part of the experience is the sommelier. He is great. This restaurant is pricey but worth it. We will continue to keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014My wife and I were on vacation from Minnesota and we ate at Asado before going to a play. The food and serive was very good. Excellent find.Special Features:
- HughHughDined on 5/23/2014Great food but VERY noisy. I could not even talk to the other people at my tableSpecial Features:
- PetraLuv2dineDined on 5/23/2014We had a wonderful experience during our visit. The food was very good! We felt very welcomed from the moment we stepped in the restaurant and the wait staff was great. We will be back for sure and highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server was BenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014Ben was awesome! First timers for a birthday dinner, it was above expectations, which werent bad to begin withSpecial Features:
- Pretty GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/19/2014Nice place, the service was great...food was pretty good, a little salty. The mashed potatoes were very salty but the waitress quickly gave my wife something else. This place is a bit pricey but good.Special Features:
- Awesome all AroundGreGnYessiDined on 5/17/2014Our waitress was training the guy at the bar, while handling all the tables around the bar - by herself - like a champ. The food was great, as was the ambience - a triple crown winner when you include the excellent service! My wife and I love to go tapas style most of the time and this weekend was no different. We started with the beef and lamb empanadas; the side of chimichurri makes it! We finished with a grilled chicken with braised quinoa and cilantro - a first for us that knocked our socks off! For drinks, my wife's favorite is the spicy Diablo Martini, while I went simple with the margaritas. We started the evening at 8:30 and left at 10:00, just hanging out and enjoying ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect spot... Great steak/serviceTostonesDined on 5/17/2014Had a noteworthy first date here. The place is great. The atmosphere is just right... Had a local Cab with the flat iron steak with the ceviche and crab cakes. Pretty great meal. I recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow & noisyTacomadinerDined on 5/16/2014The food was dry & the seasonings were harsh. Very noisy inside. The service was very slow.Special Features:
- Loved It!MusclesDined on 5/15/2014I had the lamb shank. It was moist and savory. I was very satisfied with this dining experience. The service was great tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Foodrlm90Dined on 5/13/2014Probably my favorite place to eat now....I talked 4 others to go here to celebrate my birthday. We all come from other towns and they usually like to eat on the waterfront... BUT they loved the food, drinks and service.... So not being on the water was not a drawback,,,,, I love the flank steak---best in the west!!!! And the sides (purple potatoes, lentils, or braised quinoa are so unusual and favorable)... Noise level is pretty high when it is busy but it is a small price to pay for such great food and service...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT food and flavorsloveXgroupDined on 5/12/20142nd time for a great food and flavor experience. Friendly and caring wait-staff: THERE, but not intrusive. GREAT menu, good explanations when sought. Only downside: blaring police/fire sirens going by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingMaggieMayDined on 5/11/2014We've been to Asado before and expected great service and food. This time was a disappointment. The plates delivered to our table were wrong and we had to point that out to the server. They were for another table. It took a long time to get our own food and there was no explanation. No one came by to ask how we were enjoying our dinners, which were only so-so. When the time came to pay, we had to ask our server what the problem was, and she dismissed it as simply a mix-up. No apology; no offer of a complimentary dessert or coffee. For $140, we expected better. We won't go back.Special Features:
- always out of something good foodTinkDined on 5/10/2014We love this restaurant and go there all the time.however everytime we go things that we want to order they are out of. I overheard a lot of customers complaining about the same issue. The last time I went they were out of a lot of things including bread. I recommend this restaurant for anyone but be prepared to not be able to get something on the list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Spotfood4lifeDined on 5/10/2014Great spot in Tacoma. The food is out of this world and the vibe is very cool and relaxed. You have to try to Lomo steak. One of the best I have ever had. We will be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014Service and food impeccable. I don't have any suggestions for improvement because I thought it was all excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great night, but...KHM57Dined on 5/6/2014Be forewarned! The noise level was very high and that was on a Tuesday with almost no one in the bar. The food was terrific and the service top rate! We will go again, but we'll be the middle-aged couple texting each other in the corner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Everything is good, super flavorful and unique. Every time I go here I try something new, and I love it. I also usually ask for a wine suggestion from the staff, and have never been steered wrong. This time I had an Argentinian Malbec that was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as always!!aliciajean99Dined on 4/29/2014This is by far my favorite restaurant in Tacoma! I love it and it never ever disappoints!Special Features:
- Good Food at AsadoTacoma1Dined on 4/29/2014Food was great. Staff was good and helpful. I would recommend anything on the menu. Drink prices are a bit too much though. Enjoyed the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, kind of loudBradPDined on 4/26/2014We had a recent birthday celebration with our son on a visit to Tacoma. The meal at Asado was one of the best we've had when visiting Tacoma. We would definitely return. Asado was also gracious in letting us bring a cake for the celebration. It was a Saturday night and pretty busy so the noise level was high. But it wouldn't deter us from returning.Special Features:
- Great as usualRickDined on 4/26/2014The food was fantastic as always. I had the lamb shank ( 2nd time) and my wife had the sea bass which was excellent. We usually have the lomo or the hanger steak which are always great. Service was spot on,informative and friendly.Special Features:
- dining before the TheatreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Food and Service were good. The new scallop appetizer needs a bit of flavor, perhaps a dash of lime to marinate it in?! Food has a lot of fat (oils). Very flavorful. I had the knocci, delish, very rich! My daughter's Sea bass was a bit too spicy for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lamb, cold serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Asado has an interesting menu and the food does not disappoint. The lamb shanks were unbelievable -- tasty, tender. The service is abrupt and it seems like you are really bothering the staff just being there. The service has been the same each time we have gone. The wait staff was not knowledgeable about the menu items and did not convey any kind of welcome. The bar service was great though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, great flavorTenderloinsDined on 4/24/2014My fiance and I were there for his birthday, his mid-rare steak came out well done, we notified the chef who came out and fired us up another shortly after, which was great. By that time, however, my meal was almost finished. Our server took my (half as cheap steak) off our bill, instead of his steak, and gave us a free dessert for the inconvienence. You would think they should've taken care of his steak, since that was the one they messed up on, I'm sure they would rather comp a $20 meal vs a $40. His tenderloin was great, my flat iron was pretty good.Special Features:
- NWfoodieDined on 4/20/2014Asado is hands-down the best restaurant in Tacoma due to the high quality of the food. The entire menu is great from top to bottom. Staff is friendly and hard-working. Asado will spoil you so that it is hard to try other restaurants because you are usually disappointed in any other place!Special Features:
- Amazing DelightJaxtFoodieDined on 4/20/2014Searching for a place to eat Easter Sunday we did our research and read great reviews. To our delight it was every good review gone right! The food is ridonculously great! We had seafood ceviche to start and was delightful. Sea Bass for me and bacon cheddar jalapeño stuffed pork chop for my husband. We woke up this morning wishing we could rewind and eat it all again:). Staff great and wine fab!!!Special Features:
- SingleDined on 4/20/2014I love this place! Great atmosphere and great service.Special Features:
- Easter BrunchHenryDined on 4/20/2014Table was ready, service was okay. Food was good but not as warm as it should have been.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JinxsDined on 4/17/2014Have been coming to this place for 7 years. Food has always been great and the service has been awesome. I always try their special for dinner, and I have not yet been dissapointed. Great place for foodies and friends n family to go to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Argentine flavorsMikeDined on 4/12/2014Not your usual Mexican food, no comparison. Asado is to Tacoma what Rick Bayless is to Chicago.Special Features:
- Love their flavorful flatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014Love their flavorful flat iron steak on wonderful polenta! Soooo flavorful! Will have to branch out and try other dishes in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The staff's attentivenessOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/10/2014The staff's attentiveness was awesome and the food excellent. I just wanted to bury my face in the polenta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noiseMorganDined on 4/10/2014It is a bit noisy if you are trying to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spotpaulDined on 4/7/2014Enjoyed the setting and ambiance. Service was very good. Flat iron steak and skirt steak was not so good even though it was presented well. Other menu entrees sounded good. Maybe another visit will be better.Special Features:
- One of my favorite placesPebblesDined on 4/6/2014Asado has the best burger dip around. Ground sirloin, chorizo, bacon leek slaw and Beechers cheese. I can never order anything else, I love it so much. Also, can't forget the Diablo. A habanero infused vodka martini. YUMSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- girls night outElaineDined on 3/31/2014Loved the food, the wine, & our waitress was outstanding-friendly & efficient. had a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my second diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014This was my second dining experience with Asado's. I will return again and again. The food is outstanding and so is the service. The portion size is more than enough and the presentation is outstanding. The food is very flavorful and above my expectations. The ease of online booking is great. I would recommend this restaurant to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/28/2014The service was great,,,, the food superb!!! Love, love, love this place!! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone!Special Features:
- Amazing food and top notch servicekyleDined on 3/23/2014My wife and i went to Asado for her birthday, like usual were not disappointed at all. The food is superb, the service is second to none as well as knowledgeable about menu items to really help make choosing a dish easy. Wine lovers are in for a treat here. Enjoy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.