2810 6th Avenue
Tacoma, WA 98406Neighborhood:
ArgentineanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.asadotacoma.com/
- Phone: 2532727770
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation: Dining Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am- 2:30pm Dinner: All Week: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Lounge Monday-Friday: 2:30pm-late Saturday-Sunday: 4pm-late Happy Hour Monday-Friday 2:30pm-6:30pm Every Day 9:30pm-late
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Full service private dining is offered for Asado at our sister restaurant right across the street, Masa. Clients may choose from Asado menus or Masa's regional Mexican menus. Please see our web-site for complete Private Dining menus. Our private dining room features full AV needs for presentations, and is hip and fun with a view of the district. The room can accommodate up to 80 people for sit-down or 100 people for a reception. The space is adjacent to our second floor open air cabana deck and bar which can function as a break out area, or for additional space.
- Private Party Contact: Barbro Fehlauer 2532540561
A word from Asado
Asado offers the fabulous flavors of Argentina using the freshest ingredients from the Northwest and beyond. We proudly serve all natural pork, chicken and beef grilled masterfully over imported mesquite wood. Asado offers several fresh seafood options, like our Mero del Costa (seared sea bass), as well as fresh daily chef features including tasty and interesting options for those who don't want meat. Asado boasts arguably the most complete selection of Argentine wines in the Northwest. Located in the heart of the Tacoma’s 6th Avenue Business district, the South Sound's premier entertainment neighborhood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Asado - Best Restaurants in Tacoma ›
Asado reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (67)special occasion (65)neighborhood gem (58)romantic (32)hot spot (29)good for groups (28)notable wine list (25)vibrant bar scene (19)great for lunch (15)great for outdoor dining (15)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Not HappyJanineDined on 7/11/2014The service was great! We ordered an appetizer and two salads and all of it was way too salty, not just for our taste but for anyone's taste. We couldn't eat them. We also had steak that was cooked perfectly and very tender but had a lot of pepper on it. We know that Argentinian food is peppery and we were able to eat the steak but only by scraping some of the pepper off of the meat. We will not return to Asado.Special Features:
- loved it, but slow serviceBarbhickmanDined on 7/6/2014My husband and I had a delightful meal and will definitely come again. It is quite a popular spot and was busy even on a Monday night. All told our dinner took almost two hours - not sure if that is normal sine it was our first time. It was worth the wait though! GREAT FOOD! I have had a lot of creme brûlée in my day, and theirs was the very best I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/3/2014We love the food here. We brought relatives from Las Vegas and they loved it! Said the food was fantastic.Special Features:
- Gem all aroundLeechyDined on 6/30/2014Food was delicious, the steak was better than any other in all of pierce county, their appetizers were spot on and their drinks were so yummy! If you have the time in the day and would like a place to relax and enjoy tasty food and drinks and are ok with a $$ spending allowance during happy hour, or $$$ for a fancy dinner, I hands down recommend this place.Special Features:
- Very welcomingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014The staff was friendly from the moment we walked in the door. It did not stop there... our waitress was friendly & knowledgeable and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FavLoveDiningOutDined on 6/27/2014Love going to Asado! If you want a supurb piece of meat - this is the place to go! Love it!Special Features:
- Excellent experienceGlotzsDined on 6/27/2014My brother and I took our elderly father out for his birthday dinner. We had a great time. The food was outstanding and the service was nonobtrusive and helpful when needed. We had an excellent time and would come back again for more than just a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great consistent foodLeeperDined on 6/24/2014This is one of my favorite places to eat. The service is great and food is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKWentforromanticnightDined on 6/19/2014The scallops were amazing, and the steaks were cooked just right. My food, however, was drenched in salt and my husband's hardly had any. and even though we had a reservation and there were plenty of tables on the fringes of the restaurant, we were seated right in the middle of the restaurant where it was extremely loud. I've been there once before and it was much better. The waiter was great, though, and I'll give it one more shot, but I hope it was just a bad night and not a downhill slide.
- Good local restaurantMaverick99Dined on 6/15/2014Not much to look at from the outside. Spacious interior with cool decor. Restaurant is definitely loud. I had the mixta which was skewered steak, 2 shrimp and a chorizo sausage. All were very good. My wife had the sea bass and said it was excellent. She also had the pumpkin cake which she said was awesome. Will go back again. Dinner, drinks and dessert was $100 for 2 people. Service was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's DayBig45Dined on 6/15/2014My hubby enjoyed everything from the food to view the atomsphere, everything was great! Will be back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014This was our first time and we LOVED it. The food was simply incredible, prices were reasonable and the staff was terrific. The only small complaint I might have is that they really pack folks in. We were there at 5:30pm and we fine, but even by 7:00pm the noise level was pretty high and the tables full and close to each other. I like a resturant that feels 'alive" and vibrant. Just need to know this would not be the place for a quiet getaway. :)Special Features:
- fabulous find!mimi69Dined on 6/12/2014Had dinner here with an associate who lives in the neighborhood. Will definitely come back in the future. Wonderful apps, entre AND dessert Good wine selection as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and fun atmosphere!FoodieFamilyDined on 6/9/2014Special kale/spinach salad with goat cheese rolled in pistachios was the best salad I've ever had, I think. Wish I could eat that every day.Other highlights included the Chicken fettuccine and the banana churros (donuts). Only big misses were the too smoky asparagus and the too spicy calamari. We'll be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014The food was very delicious and the dining room had a charming decor. The garage door wall opens to the street, which adds to its charm; however, I could barely hear a thing my wife was saying because the noise level was so loud. I will be back, maybe for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rough Start-Beautiful EndingLlewDined on 6/7/2014Our table wasn't ready when we arrived due to a miscommunication apparently regarding size of our party. We ordered drinks in bar & ended up waiting longer than we'd hoped for our seats. However, once we were seated the food (as always) was AMAZING & our waitress was pleasant. My husband & I frequent Asado but the others in our group had never been; they couldn't stop raving about the food, & thanking us for introducing them to this restaurant. It was disappointing to have made a reservation only to wait but overall it was nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinning environmentVirtual1Dined on 6/7/2014We enjoy Asado's. We have eaten there many times and have always had excellent service and food. My wife's chicken was undercooked which was unfortunate. It would have been a real turn-off had we not eaten there before. We usually rate their food at 4 stars. The restaurant was kind enough to remove the meal from our bill. Having worked in the restaurant business these issues do sometimes occur.Special Features:
- Nice restaurant.dinerDined on 6/7/2014We made a reservation and were seated right away. Our reservation was for 7pm on a Saturday. The restaurant was full and with everyone talking it was kinda loud. The seating is all open; no private booths. The food was good, lots of flavor. We only drank water and our cups were kept full. It's a little pricey but good for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 871 reviews are from the Asado reviews archive.
- It's Dinner Time!AnSWilliamsDined on 6/1/2014This was the second visit to Asado. The atmosphere was great however a tad loud, the wife and I had to lean into each other to converse. The wife had the PUERCO RELLENO which, according to her, was fantastically cooked. I had the COSTILLA DE LA CARNE medium rare; a bit small for the price but excellently prepared. Of course the Peruvian purple mashed: Well need I say more? Our sides were the grilled asparagus which could have been on the grill about a minute longer but overall very good; and our appetizer was your ASADO CAESAR salad with the manchego cheese, wow. I want to thank you for the fine dining experience. We will be back. PS: Hats off to Ben our waiter. Mighty fine job...mighty fine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!Love2EatandDrinkDined on 5/31/2014The food tasted wonderful and the wines we had went with our meal superbly. I especially enjoyed the Argentinian Malbec, and the creme brulee dessert was great way to top off the meal. The service was very good as well. I was pleasantly surprised to have plenty of time to enjoy our appetizer before our entrees arrived. Anymore, I am tempted to not even order a dinner until I have completed my appetizer because of servers messing this up. That certainly did not happen here - Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeglendubDined on 5/31/2014Red meat and red wine. What more could you ask for. A great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerHhltdDined on 5/30/2014We tend to eat early which I am glad we did. There are any number of hard surfaces in this restaurant so when it started to get more crowded the noise volume went up. Had we gone later my husband who is hard of hearing would have had trouble. The food and drinks were excellent and the wait staff polite, knowledgeable and fun. They did mention that some of the dishes they sometimes run out of. Some of the dishes take a number of hours to prepare so such as lamb shanks so obviously there are only a set number.Special Features:
- Good foodBirthdaygirlDined on 5/29/2014Pricey. Urbanspoon gives Asado 3 dollar signs. It should be closer to 4. Food was good. Sea bass was a little "fishy".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st timer, special occasion.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014We wanted to try something new. Read reviews on trip advisor and we loved it. The food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- asadoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014We love this restaurant. We have never had a bad meal here. One of the most important part of the experience is the sommelier. He is great. This restaurant is pricey but worth it. We will continue to keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014My wife and I were on vacation from Minnesota and we ate at Asado before going to a play. The food and serive was very good. Excellent find.Special Features:
- HughHughDined on 5/23/2014Great food but VERY noisy. I could not even talk to the other people at my tableSpecial Features:
- PetraLuv2dineDined on 5/23/2014We had a wonderful experience during our visit. The food was very good! We felt very welcomed from the moment we stepped in the restaurant and the wait staff was great. We will be back for sure and highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server was BenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014Ben was awesome! First timers for a birthday dinner, it was above expectations, which werent bad to begin withSpecial Features:
- Pretty GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/19/2014Nice place, the service was great...food was pretty good, a little salty. The mashed potatoes were very salty but the waitress quickly gave my wife something else. This place is a bit pricey but good.Special Features:
- Awesome all AroundGreGnYessiDined on 5/17/2014Our waitress was training the guy at the bar, while handling all the tables around the bar - by herself - like a champ. The food was great, as was the ambience - a triple crown winner when you include the excellent service! My wife and I love to go tapas style most of the time and this weekend was no different. We started with the beef and lamb empanadas; the side of chimichurri makes it! We finished with a grilled chicken with braised quinoa and cilantro - a first for us that knocked our socks off! For drinks, my wife's favorite is the spicy Diablo Martini, while I went simple with the margaritas. We started the evening at 8:30 and left at 10:00, just hanging out and enjoying ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect spot... Great steak/serviceTostonesDined on 5/17/2014Had a noteworthy first date here. The place is great. The atmosphere is just right... Had a local Cab with the flat iron steak with the ceviche and crab cakes. Pretty great meal. I recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow & noisyTacomadinerDined on 5/16/2014The food was dry & the seasonings were harsh. Very noisy inside. The service was very slow.Special Features:
- Loved It!MusclesDined on 5/15/2014I had the lamb shank. It was moist and savory. I was very satisfied with this dining experience. The service was great tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Foodrlm90Dined on 5/13/2014Probably my favorite place to eat now....I talked 4 others to go here to celebrate my birthday. We all come from other towns and they usually like to eat on the waterfront... BUT they loved the food, drinks and service.... So not being on the water was not a drawback,,,,, I love the flank steak---best in the west!!!! And the sides (purple potatoes, lentils, or braised quinoa are so unusual and favorable)... Noise level is pretty high when it is busy but it is a small price to pay for such great food and service...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT food and flavorsloveXgroupDined on 5/12/20142nd time for a great food and flavor experience. Friendly and caring wait-staff: THERE, but not intrusive. GREAT menu, good explanations when sought. Only downside: blaring police/fire sirens going by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingMaggieMayDined on 5/11/2014We've been to Asado before and expected great service and food. This time was a disappointment. The plates delivered to our table were wrong and we had to point that out to the server. They were for another table. It took a long time to get our own food and there was no explanation. No one came by to ask how we were enjoying our dinners, which were only so-so. When the time came to pay, we had to ask our server what the problem was, and she dismissed it as simply a mix-up. No apology; no offer of a complimentary dessert or coffee. For $140, we expected better. We won't go back.Special Features:
- always out of something good foodTinkDined on 5/10/2014We love this restaurant and go there all the time.however everytime we go things that we want to order they are out of. I overheard a lot of customers complaining about the same issue. The last time I went they were out of a lot of things including bread. I recommend this restaurant for anyone but be prepared to not be able to get something on the list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Spotfood4lifeDined on 5/10/2014Great spot in Tacoma. The food is out of this world and the vibe is very cool and relaxed. You have to try to Lomo steak. One of the best I have ever had. We will be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014Service and food impeccable. I don't have any suggestions for improvement because I thought it was all excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.