Commerce Court East, 18 Wellington St. West
Toronto, ON M5L 1G4Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oliverbonacini.com/Jump.aspx
- Phone: 4163633400x
- Hours of Operation:
Open for Lunch and Dinner;
Monday to Friday: 11:45am - 12:00am;
Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Anthony Walsh, Chef de Cuisine: Rhian Rodrigues
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Jump offers an exclusive private dining room and several semi-private spaces for corporate and social events. Jump is also available for exclusive openings Saturdays at lunch and Sundays for lunch or dinner, perfect for weddings or special gatherings in the heart of the city.
- Cross Street: Yonge St.
- Public Transit: King Street Subway Exit
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is accessible in the Commerce Court Underground Parking Facility, on the north side of Wellington. Parking is $2 after 5:30pm, Monday through Saturday upon validation at the restaurant.
A word from Jump Restaurant
Jump combines classic style with sleek modern eclecticism. The sky high glass atrium, dramatic lighting elements, signature New York style bar and courtyard patio provide the perfect backdrop for our world-inspired cuisine. Offering food that is robust, honest and full of flavour, Jump is renowned for its handmade pastas, locally sourced meat and seafood, and seasonal vegetables, while continually creating fresh, innovative dishes. Featuring over 60 types of whisky, bourbon and scotch, as well as 10 whisky and bourbon-infused cocktails, the Jump bar buzzes with warmth and excitement.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Jump Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown/ Financial District ›
Jump Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
195 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (90)special occasion (73)good for groups (70)fit for foodies (62)great for outdoor dining (44)notable wine list (38)romantic (36)hot spot (33)neighborhood gem (22)vibrant bar scene (20)great for brunch (16)late-night find (14)scenic view (9)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/7/2014Love Jump never had a bad meal here foods great service is great and you get good buck for your bangSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to take clientsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/7/2014Food was very good. If my side dish had been as exciting at the menu led me to believe, I would have rated it 5 stars, but it wasn't quite as they described. Fabulous whisky/whiskey selection!Special Features:
- Convenient as a last resortOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/4/2014Consistently mediocre food. Went there for lunch recently and they were out of the specials by 1. Had a flavourless mushroom soup garnished with, get this, raw sliced button mushrooms, and an oily puddle that was supposed to be truffle oil, I think. Not a hint of bred was offered which would have been useful to soak up the broth of the tortelli do bologna, also. Not sure if this was an oversight by the server but by this point I didn't really care.
- Best rib steak in Toronto!BarrieBobDined on 4/1/2014Hands down, the bone-in cote de boeuf for two is the best piece of meat I have had in Toronto, and quite possibly anywhere else. I have now had it 5x in about six months and it never disappoints. It is succulent and delicious, and perfectly cooked every time. The chef will go out of his way to prepare a requested side dish (like lobster tail or shrimp) even though it is not on the menu. The service is impeccable and management is top notch. Add the fact that Jump allows patrons to bring their own wine and it is hands down my favorite restaurant in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4.999999 stars :)FoodloverDined on 3/31/2014I really loved it spending my time there and especially I loved the interior of the restaurant. It was warm and welcoming and the server and their service was on the top. (5star) ughhh food was amazing but the portion was huge, perfect according to the $$$. Overall I had the best time and would definitely come back and also recommend others.Special Features:
- here for lunch - restaurantkatbenDined on 3/31/2014here for lunch - restaurant was very quiet, so not quite sure why it took the waiter so long to attend to us. He actively avoided eye contact more than once. Food was great, ambience was lovely, but an attentive waiter would have made this a much better experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I came here for a businessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/26/2014I came here for a business lunch and noticed that the menu didn't have much variety. I ordered the steak tartare and it was less than flavorful, very bland to be honest. The decor is nice and so are the staff, but the food was not to my satisfaction.
- Pre-game dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/25/2014Excellent - friendly service and quick - great for pre-game dinners. Kale salad a bit boring; eggplant side was terrific! Rest of meal very good!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ambiance, waiterkatbenDined on 3/18/2014Excellent ambiance, waiter very attentive, not too loud so our group of 6 for dinner could easily talk without raising voices. Very enjoyable, will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsSPRMDined on 3/17/2014We choose Jump for a get together with friends that we do see often. The service at Jump was excellent. We did not feel rushed, as we wanted to spend quality time with our friends. The food was very good. My husband & I shared the cote du boeuf, it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great jobOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2014Things why jump is great: - host called in the afternoon to confirm reservation and to see if I had any allergies and if it was a special occasion. - host and servers uses my name everytime. Example: "good evening mr. (My name) - quality of food was great. Simple, sexy food. - ambiance was good - servers were knowledgable As someone who works in the industry, small things like using the guests name are what is important for a great guest experience. Good job to the team at jump restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time!drdrnDined on 3/14/2014Had lunch at Jump with a good friend, and couldn't be happier. I have been here numerous times and always have impeccable service and food. Our server, Jesus, was knowledgable and paid the right amount of attention to us. My friend had the Tortelli pasta and was blown away by the flavours, I had the short rib, and it fell apart with the touch of the knife and fork. Absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- weekday lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/14/2014Went on a Friday for lunch - the crab cake special was delicious and appropriately portioned. The only issue is that the service is slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceAliceDined on 3/12/2014I've been to JUMP on numerous occasions and have always had a good experience. One of my clients really likes this restaurant and so I ensure to take her there. This week, however, the service was poor. We placed our orders and waited over 30 minutes (closer to 40) for the chicken quarter over quinoa. The waiter said he didn't know what happened. I was not impressed and will look elsewhere in the future.Special Features:
- A few missed steps...Food416Dined on 3/10/2014A few details to consider: Red wine by the glass was served at an abnormally warmly warm temperature. It's best if cutlery and a napkin is given to the guest to consume their appetizers, or for staff to circulate a little more frequently to quickly correct any issues. When serving a martini 'on the rocks', it makes it less enjoyable to sip when the ice is to the brim of the glass. Server/Bartender was unable to answer questions about the food.
- SpecialsOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 3/10/2014We have been at Jump a couple of times however every time the daily specials are gone before 12:15 pm - I am not sure why you would promote specials and then constantly run out of them. I probably will not return.
- A great evening outOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2014Haven't been here in years, and pleasantly surprised! Outstanding menu with great contemporary options for all tastes. Senior staff were very attentive. Had the most fun at a restaurant that we've had in a long time.Special Features:
- Lovely Evening!diner123Dined on 3/8/2014This was a night of great food, service and atmosphere. Would recommend to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowLexxDined on 3/7/2014What a wonderful experiance. Everything was fantastic. This was my first time to 'Jump' and took a chance on entertaining some out of town clients there, a bit risky - not at all. From the minute we walked in we knew we were in for something special. One of my clients is a bourbon fan, as am I, and our mouths dropped open at the largest selection of bourbon I have seen since Lexington. The service was stellar, always around but never in the way, this guy knew what he was doing. The food was marvelous, well prepaired, perfectly seasoned, deep rich flavours hitting all the taste buds. And from what I heard the lemon tart was just wonderful. Great decor and ambiance, wonderful food fantastic service and under priced. I will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot, ordinary food.SharpeDined on 3/7/2014Jump is a nice spot for drink at the bar. The service was excellent . The food was OK to kind of boring. Do not think I would rush back.
- love itLisaDined on 3/5/2014This is one of our go -to spots and it does not disappoint. The lunch menu seems to be searching for itself, but the specials are always terrific. The staff is exceptional .Special Features:
- Food was well prepared , nothingChuckDined on 3/1/2014Food was well prepared , nothing super special but very tasty and moderately priced for a downtown restaurant. Great collection of bourbons !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but way too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/28/2014Went to Jump for a business lunch. Not a place to go if you want to have a conversation with the noise level there. I think the way the restaurant is laid out really amplifies everyone's (but you your own party) conversation and I had difficulty hearing the person sitting across from me. I had the Bourbon Short Rib which was superb. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/27/2014I suppose I had high expectations walking in. Big mistake. The dinosaur kale salad was delicious. Also the antipasto platter was flavourful and visually appealing. I found my entree extremely salty and didn't finish it. When I made mention of it the staff was courteous and apologetic. I was asked if they could do anything to make it more palatable. I'm not a chef. I didnt have any suggestions. A complimentary glass of wine may have helped but it wasn't offered.Special Features:
- Service and ambience wereMaryDined on 2/27/2014Service and ambience were very good - my meal of tuna at lunch was so/so...would still go back as I have had better experiences with my meal selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Start your Concert ExperienceGlenDined on 2/26/2014Start your Concert Experience at Jump Jump is a high energy, fun place, especially for a higher-end restaurant. The service is friendly and thorough, and the food is great. We had a great meal with a nice background beat, and left for our concert at the ACC with a jump in our step. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfactory Dining @ JumpOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/26/2014The food was good, not great. Simple, tasty but not wow! Service was great - friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jump off!Johnny12Dined on 2/26/2014- Food average at best - Over priced - Solid service I guess if you are looking to have your hand held and nothing more this is the place for you.
- Great food, wine and freind shipOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014We met friends in Toronto from Halifax for the weekend. We had been at the restaurant prior and enjoyed it greatly. So the four of us headed to the restaurant for a late evening dinner experience. It could not have been better, from the great bar tender that waited on us to the General Manager who made the evening enjoyable with his enthusiastic approach. We would come back time and time again. We have been to several O&B restaurants and enjoy them all. Our friends from Halifax had a great time and will be back in the future next time they are in town. Thanks for a great dining experience. KennSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing cote de boeuf!StephanDined on 2/22/2014Excellent decor, atmosphere, service, and main dish... but two minor misses: there should have been toast served with the terrines (esp. the foie gras) and the "market vegetables" were just broccolini... not very exciting, especially given that the cote de boeuf was the best we ever had! Again, the service was super attentive and the communication between the staff serving us was impressive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemorableNitroDined on 2/22/2014This was a last minute find for my wife and I who were in Toronto for an anniverary weekend and we were totally happy with all aspects of the restaurant. Our server was very knowledgeable and friendly. The food taste and plating was second to none. We have been to their location at Blue Mountain with the same results. Will definitely be back to your establishment in the future. THANX!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedwillDined on 2/15/2014Was excited to come here. Food is mediocre, service was horrible.
- lower your expectationsPaulDined on 2/15/2014We had very high expectations since so many people recommended this venue. Service was fantastic! The ambience was romantic for our valentines dinner. However, my fiance was disappointed with the mushroom soup. Everything else she said was quite flavourful. The rest of the tables meals were ok, but not outstanding.Special Features:
- Great evening, great food..steakOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2014Great evening, great food..steak for two a must...service was attentive and not over baring...nice eveningSpecial Features:
- Unsatisfactory serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014We choose Jump for a special occasion, but the variety of food was very limited and price did not justify the value.
- Deliciously taken care ofOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2014We went to jump to celebrate valentines day a day late in order to avoid the crowds. I had been given a gift certificate to any of the o&b restaurants and jump was both central and looked like it has a tasty menu. The waiter was fantastic and detailed. Noticing that we shared out food we helped us to quickly decide on when appetizers were coming out, the best placement of the plates. The moment we were finished something they cleared the table, we were never left with an empty glass. The manager even came around to make sure everything was fantastic and indeed it was. Ambiance was muted not too loud and I loved the decor of glass behind a huge wine cellar like structure. I would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good servicereview4lyfeDined on 2/14/2014And very well decorated place ! I brought my girlfriend here for valentines , and was not disappointed. Crowd is more mature, dress to impress.Special Features:
- Valentine's Day sweetspotConradDined on 2/14/2014My girlfriend and I enjoyed a romantice Valentine's dinner at Jump restaurant. The food was excellent, and our server was very amiable and made the dinner special. Would recommend to friends for a nice dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014Bad service. Food was slow. Does not worth the price tag. Took 10 mins to leave cuz no one retrieved our coats
- Excellent all round experience.BillmDined on 2/14/2014Excellent all round experience. Good food and great service even though they were extremely busy it never felt like itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.