Village Tavern Scottsdale
8787 North Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85258Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Village Tavern Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.villagetavern.com/
- Phone: 4809516445x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: David Young
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: All menu items available plus flexibility to create individualized menus
- Private Party Facilities: Exterior covered patio with heaters, misters and fans available for large parties
- Private Party Contact: Paul Apana 4809516445x
- Entertainment: Monthly complimentary wine tastings
A word from Village Tavern Scottsdale
Upscale Casual restaurant featuring fresh seafood and hand cut steaks. Award winning wine list and a true "tavern" feel.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Village Tavern Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (84)great for lunch (50)good for groups (29)special occasion (28)fit for foodies (19)kid-friendly (15)vibrant bar scene (13)great for outdoor dining (10)romantic (10)great for brunch (9)notable wine list (7)late-night find (6)hot spot (5)Show More
- Upscale Bar FoodartkVIPDined on 4/12/2014This is a nice casual restaurant. An extensive menu some items are very good some just fair. I would stick to the basics like ribs and burgers.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Really Enjoy this place.MsVickiTDined on 4/11/2014It's not too trendy and not too noisy. I like that you can sit inside for lunch and imagine you're in a steakhouse at night. The food is always great and you can tell that they care about their customers. The drinks were a little late, so the waiter comped them for us. Now that shows they really care about the customer experience. I've settled on the prime rib as my favorite, but my husband ordered a steak sandwich and he thought it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceJimTDined on 4/6/2014Waiter, Jesse was great. On the spot, very accommodating.. Four different entrees , all prepared well and served timely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchMurphDined on 4/6/2014my sister was visiting, so we took her and our nephew to lunch. Everything we ordered was delicious. They were so impressed. The service was excellent (thanks, Kevin) and we had a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family members were in townCarolDined on 4/4/2014Family members were in town staying at the Hayatt - we walked over - food, atmosphere and server were all great!Special Features:
- Very pleasant. Very good foodArMcDined on 4/3/2014Very pleasant. Very good food and service. Ribs were great. Large portions. Very reasonable prices. Very popular. Should have reservations.Special Features:
- A great find!BobbiDined on 4/2/2014We are from NJ, and were visiting friends in Scottsdale (stayed at the Gainey Suites Hotel). We had invited a niece (who lives in Mesa), and a great-niece (who lives in Phoenix) to be our guests at dinner, and had no idea where to take them. Since your restaurant is right next to the hotel, we decided to go there. What a delightful place - great menu (something for everyone) - great service, on-time with our reservation, and great food. Thank you. We really were lucky to find you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a delightful lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/1/2014Once again, we very much enjoyed our lunch at the Village Tavern. I just love their crab cakes! Our waitress, Terry, was absolutely delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Village TavernDavidDined on 3/30/2014A great place to take family or friends. Menu is quite extensive with lots of good choices and variety, Nice ambience. Sunday Prime rib is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first visit was very enjoyable.WilkyDined on 3/30/2014Our first visit was very enjoyable.We had sweet potato fries for an appetizer . They were the best we ever had. We had the chicken spinach salad...delicious. Our guests had fish and chips.Our only recommendation would be to put the fish and chips on a plate instead of the baskets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had Sunday brunch the otherBarbara3123Dined on 3/30/2014We had Sunday brunch the other day. Two of us had omelets, one had crab cakes Benedict. All of the good was delicious. The omelets were served with country potatoes and fruit, and were made with very little fat. The Benedict was really tasty. We go there for dinner often but this was the first time we went for brunch. I would recommend it for any meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent food and serviceDrDaveVIPDined on 3/28/2014Good location. Friendly staff serving good food on every visitSpecial Features:
- Never lets us downJeffDined on 3/28/2014We have been eating at Village Tavern for over 15 years. They never let us down with the quality of the food, exceptional service and great dining experience. Whether we are taking family, friends, out of town guests or just by ourselves, we always are glad we chose Village Tavern.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Very GoodHoneyBflyVIPDined on 3/27/2014This establishment is always consistent. We dine here almost weekly and we are always satisfied. Service is good and friendly. Food is tasty and fresh. It is a very busy place in the season but the wonderful host and hostess are so accommodating and are always welcoming.Special Features:
- Always Bring Out-Of-Towners HereVVWDAWVIPDined on 3/26/2014This is a great place to bring friends from out of town. There is a big variety on the menu, and the food is always tasty. The service is also very good. It's always enjoyable and a good value. Wednesdays are 1/2 price wine nights, so it can be really busy (especially during Spring Training and Spring Break), so be sure to make a reservation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for lunch, butseakayiiVIPDined on 3/24/2014Great spot for lunch, but often busy. Make an Open Table reservation like we did. Food is tasty and reasonably priced. Attentive service. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentSteveVIPDined on 3/23/2014Food and service are always good. However we find management to be impersonalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable, Moderately Priced RestaurAlMacDined on 3/22/2014A known quantity, reliable, decent wine offerings. A good go-to place for a lot of reasonsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm and inviting restaurantlocalsDined on 3/22/2014Food was great, service was fine, but not overwhelmingly so, and we'll definitely be back for more. Lovely menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!NickVIPDined on 3/22/2014the food here is amazing. the teriyaki chicken is outstanding. the burgers are great. they also have some incredible salads. a huge menu with great choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always. Food wasDaveUVIPDined on 3/22/2014Great as always. Food was the best. Never had a bad meal. Always great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff are always friendlyStruksVIPDined on 3/21/2014Staff are always friendly and helpful and make us feel welcome. StrucksI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, wonderful serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/20/2014Great food, wonderful service and a nice neighborhood feel!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/19/2014We have dined here many times and always enjoy the food and service. They aim to please and with a smile on their faces! Our guest enjoyed it immensely. This time the ambience was optimal as we were lucky enough to score a table outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third visit.DaveVIPDined on 3/17/2014This is our third visit in as many years as we are from out of town and we were somewhat disappointed
- Not upscale casual, but good foodGmasBdayDined on 3/15/2014Somewhere this restaurant was described as upscale casual dining. Through no fault of theirs, the dress code was certainly only casual (at least at the Scottsdale location). The food was really good and the children's menu was great. We would return to this restaurant (especially if you have a picky eater in the party like we often do) but not be concerned with how we were dressed. The waiter was great as well. It is a little bit noisy, but sitting in a booth we didn't notice the chatter too much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food but issue with my wineluvmyazVIPDined on 3/9/2014Great food , but glass of wine was not and so i sent it back because it was to sweet, and i don't like sweet wines. This is my go to white wine and it didn't taste the same .The waiter recommended another white and brought me a sample which i liked. So I was brought what i thought, was the new glass of white. But I am 100 percent certain they just brought me the same wine that i didn't like back to me. I left a full glass of wine and waiter never asked why. I didn't say anything because we had not seen our friends in 9 yrs and didn't want to make the evening about the wine. You are at their mercy when you order one glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Village Tavern has a terrificseakayiiVIPDined on 3/8/2014Village Tavern has a terrific assortment of reasonably priced items that are tastefully prepared. Make an Open Table reservation for lunch as well as dinner because sometimes there are many waiting customers for tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dependable food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2014Good dependable food and service. Older crowd that thins out earlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful lunch spotLynneDined on 3/5/2014My friend and I enjoyed a leisurely lunch with no sense of being "hurried along" despite our lengthy stay. The menu offerings were varied and extensive, and the ones we selected were excellent. Nice atmosphere as well. We will be back!Special Features:
- First time to Village Tavern.MIkeHDined on 3/4/2014First time to Village Tavern. Great food and service . Exceeded my expectations. I will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this restaurant. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/4/2014We love this restaurant. The food is excellent. This was the first time we were disappointed. They were out of a number of things we tried to order. It included a brand of wine, a brand of beer, and two entree selections. We will go back, hopefully this was a fluke that so many things were not available.Special Features:
- server was very patient withGonzoDined on 3/4/2014server was very patient with my mother in law, who is a picky eater and had a turkey burger. My chicken tacos were delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spotty Service - Bad mustardG2AHHADined on 3/4/2014It felt like two different restaurants through a one hour lunch. The initial server seemed uninterested in our party. Slow to respond, no smile, etc. Then, after we were served our lunch, a different server took over and was smiling and friendly. Very weird experience. I had the burger which was quite good, except, a lousy mustard. Put mustard and ketchup on the side. Made a great burger just good.
- Always GoodWgilkisonVIPDined on 3/3/2014We have never had a bad meal at the Village Tavern. In fact, we take every out of town visitor we have there for dinner/lunch because of that, and the incredible variety of menu items. I had baby back ribs this last visit, and they were delicious and very reasonably priced. So, Village Tavern, keep up the good work and never change.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal, goodrustyVIPDined on 3/3/2014Always a great meal, good service and reasonable prices. We will be back again and again!Special Features:
- delicious lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/28/2014We had another delicious lunch at the Village Tavern. I ordered my favorite crab cakes. I am always able to make substitutions for the sides and they do so with a smile!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BUSY SCOTTSDALE VALUEOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/26/2014very good food, quick service, cozy booths, great location in central scottsdale. staff was knowledgeable and kind. large menu with good values for this area and some unusual and tasty entrees. Large portions. Highly recommend, reservations suggested.Special Features:
- TavernTavernDined on 2/25/2014Noise level is too high-difficult to have a conversation.Not energetic
- YumMarqVIPDined on 2/25/2014My friend and I split a spinach salad. It was plenty for two ladies. They even put different cheese on each of our halves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.