Village Tavern Scottsdale
8787 North Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85258Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Village Tavern Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.villagetavern.com/
- Phone: 4809516445x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: David Young
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: All menu items available plus flexibility to create individualized menus
- Private Party Facilities: Exterior covered patio with heaters, misters and fans available for large parties
- Private Party Contact: Paul Apana 4809516445x
- Entertainment: Monthly complimentary wine tastings
A word from Village Tavern Scottsdale
Upscale Casual restaurant featuring fresh seafood and hand cut steaks. Award winning wine list and a true "tavern" feel.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Village Tavern Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (69)good for groups (35)great for lunch (33)special occasion (25)fit for foodies (23)vibrant bar scene (14)great for brunch (12)kid-friendly (12)great for outdoor dining (10)romantic (9)notable wine list (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (3)Show More
- Great foodLove2eatDined on 7/1/2014Village Tavern has consistently wonderful food! We ordered differently than ever before and found all to be new favs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 547 reviews are from the Village Tavern Scottsdale reviews archive.
- Excellent Salad and PizzaFinelychoppedDined on 7/1/2014The crispy chicken salad was tasty and well seasoned. I had the salad finely chopped and it was easy to eat over a business lunch. My guest and I split the salad and ordered a pizza, that was equally as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening with FriendsFlagstaff3018Dined on 6/27/2014Our experience was pleasant. The server was friendly, most of the food was delicious and served in a timely manner. Server overcame my overcooked flank steak by taking it off at the close of the meal. He kept me from sharing that the meal I received was less than superior, but sharing with others how he overcame what he observed, despite me saying it was "ok" to eat! Thanks for stepping up. VT has a nice varied menu and is perfect for a group or just a night out as a couple. It has a warm ambiance and keeps you wanting to come back and try new menu items. They need to build one in Northwest Phoenix where I live! I drove 45 minutes to get here, andoverall, well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great decor, happy hourBeachluvrDined on 6/25/2014Warm and inviting decor with great food and diverse menu. Had happy hour pricing on wines which made the wine extensive wine list extremely affordable.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great Service!east2westDined on 6/21/2014It's been a few years since I was here last. That's only because it's a bit of a drive from where I live. Then like now the food was superb and the service excellent. Have the best crab cakes and crab dip appetizer. Being originally from the east coast it's almost impossible to get good crab cakes in Arizona. If I lived close to this restaurant I would dine here every week.Special Features:
- Food not cooked as orderedHenryDined on 6/17/2014My food was not cooked as ordered. I asked for flank Steak to be done med. Rare and they served it rare and in a couple of pieces it was raw. Manager came by and asked about food and I stated that it was not med. rare but showed him the raw meat. he took it back and it was replace but not as much as was taken away.I would recommend this to a friend.
- dmrdinerDined on 6/17/2014Office lunch meeting for 6. Everybody raved about the extensive menu choices! When we all finally deciding on what to have, we were all more than pleased with our choices. Fish tacos are yummy! Entire table agreed, the House potato chips are delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood Stops Trafficeat2LIVEDined on 6/16/2014Bacon-wrapped scallops best I've eaten & crab cake entree great choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burgers & crab cakes & wine, Oh my!AbcdefghiDined on 6/16/2014This is our favorite "special occasion" restaurant. My wife absolutely loves the crab cakes, either one cake as an appetizer or two cakes in the dinner. I always get the burger, which is cooked perfectly and has a great, meaty flavor . Lots of other good stuff on the menu too. Vibrant bar scene, although we aren't into that ourselves. Only problem is that it is pretty noisy inside, but what popular restaurant isn't?Special Features:
- DaveUVIPDined on 6/14/2014This place is always awesome. Never had a bad experience. Food is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mine was goodMsVickiTDined on 6/13/2014But my husband ordered the filet mignon (lunch) and he said it was a bit dry and overdone (I don't remember how he ordered it). I ordered the 8 oz prime rib (end cut, as close to medium as possible) and it was good but seemed to have a bit more fat than usual. I like the end cut because it has more flavor (seasoning), however it didn't seem to be an end cut and the server didn't mention that it wasn't available. Anyway, I was still satisfied with the dinner. The server was just okay; nothing special but we've had better. We'll still come back, because I like the overall atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diane ZiskaDiner1VIPDined on 6/8/2014Great Find! Food & Service is always good! Open all day so it is very convenient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The mother-in-law loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/8/2014We have been here many times and, of course, obviously enjoy the Village Tavern. This time our special guest was my mother-n-law who has celiac disease and adheres to a gluten free diet. She loved everything about the Village Tavern which is quite an endorsement! The Village Tavern has a special gluten free menu which takes a lot of stress out of ordering. My mother-in-law said it was the best gluten free pasta she has had. She also liked the ambience and our waiter, Dylan, who was so personable and accommodating.Special Features:
- Train wreckMarcoPoloVIPDined on 6/7/2014My wife and I decided to try the Village Tavern Saturday evening. I ordered the Steak au Poivre with grits and a side of spinach. The meat was way over cooked and I sent it back. The grits were like nothing I've ever seen in the South -- more like soupy cream of wheat. Disgusting stuff. The spinach was limp, limp, limp. I finally ate the new steak but left the rest. My wife enjoyed her meatloaf, but we agreed that it was the worst dining experience we have had in years. The restaurant comped my dinner, but it was too little, too late. Don't waste your time.
- Meeting friendsdiningoutDined on 6/6/2014Meeting two of my long time friends my wife had never met, we decided on the Village Tavern being approximately half way between both our homes. It would be most accommodating with an "out of the way booth" to visit. The waitress made us feel so "unhurried" through out our long lunch experience enabling us to catch up with our visiting Our food was very good and our friends thoroughly enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second year in a row...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/5/2014We came here for our anniversary last year, and were very well taken care of. So well, that we decided to come back again this year. If the quality of, well, everything stays as good as it has, we will be here many years to come. John specifically went out of his was to make sure my wife and I were comfortable and enjoyed our meal together. The filet mignon is always cooked exactly how we want it, the appetizer we tried was both not what we expected but still quite tasty (Colorado chips, ask for the BBQ sauce on the side though). Apple cobbler... man, that is such a way to end a night. Crisp apples, crumbles on top, ice cream... The double-decker cheesecake is fantastic, but we'll be back for that cobbler for sure. Thank you again!Special Features:
- Awesome!luv2bnazDined on 6/4/2014We took my husbands sister there for her 83rd birthday. We had a wonderful booth towards the back which was not to noisy and the gentleman who checked us in wished her Happy Birthday. After we finished our meal they brought her an ice cream sunday topped with a candle. It was very thoughtful and she enjoyed her dinner, ate every bite! We all enjoyed our meal and the waitress was outstanding. The service was a little slow but I think they are understaffed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemTobyVIPDined on 6/3/2014A great consistently good restaurant. Waiters are friendly and attenttive.Special Features:
- KateDined on 6/3/2014Ouur server was great however the food runner brought two of our meals and we sat there for quiet a while before the third meal was brought by the waitress . This makes for a very uncomfortable evening when your food is sitting gettting cold waiting for a thirdSpecial Features:
- liketoeatDined on 6/1/2014Food for lunch was excellent. We needed some substitutions that were done without problem. Very nice and accommodating waiter. We did not feel rushed but then the restaurant was not busy.Special Features:
- Best Prime Rib I've had in years!GoodScottsdaleEatsDined on 5/31/2014I Had the Prime rib and they actual cooked it Medium Rare! Girl friends Rack of ribs was excellent also.Special Features:
- petuniaDined on 5/30/2014Polite, frienly staff with superb food and comfortable lighting. Restaurant booths are somewhat private and bar area is lively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/29/2014Restajrant was too noisy. Hard to carry on a conversation. shrimp scampi were few but a lot of linguini. very oily too
- service not good at allnothappytonightVIPDined on 5/25/2014we sat on the patio and had terrible service. it took forever to get the food because supposedly the waiters were dismissed because they didn't have the customers and then all of a sudden they were inundated with customers and not enough help. it was late, we were starving and not as patient as we would have been at 6pm at night. i would recommend because it's usually very good, but not this past friday nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NickVIPDined on 5/17/2014the food at village tavern is amazing. the choices they give on the menu are incredible. the hot crab dip, to dishes like terayki chicken to crispy tacos. also fantastic burgers.Special Features:
- LunchHappyEatingDined on 5/17/2014I met a friend for lunch and we both appreciated the food and the service. The menu had a number of options and it took us a while to decide. The server was knowledgeable and answered our questions. I had the spinach salad with chicken and my friend had the chicken salad. Both came with a sweet muffin, a nice treat. The salads were a good size and made to order. Our server was polite and efficient, refreshing our drinks without being asked. The prices are reasonable. I would definitely eat there again and recommend the restaurant to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wide selectionJeffDined on 5/16/2014A diverse set of menu options. It's really hard to go wrong here. Ribs are pretty tasty.Special Features:
- EmdeeDined on 5/11/2014Have eaten here many times, but an off night. It's usually better. The menu item I chose was out and the next choice was not up to usual standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchVeggiediners2VIPDined on 5/11/2014VT throws a great Mother's Day brunch if you eat meat. We don't, but we ate a lot of delicious berries, Belgian waffles, French toast, and salad. Service was slow and forgetful, but she was probably overwhelmed. It has been a family tradition to do this for the past few years and we will likely continue!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/7/2014This was our first time at this restaurant. Our server (Dylan) was excellent. Although the restaurant was extremely busy, Dylan made it seem as though we were the only folks in the room. He was very attentive and got everything right. We appreciated his efforts. We also appreciated that there are options for vegetarians on the dinner menu, and that dish was terrific. The NY Strip steak (for the meat eater in our group) was just okay. The desserts were great, as were the appetizers. We would return to this location.Special Features:
- Love at First Bite, so good bye...OldguyDined on 5/7/2014The Village Tavern Scottsdale was a very pleasant surprise. Had driven past it for years. So for mybirthday we decided to try somewhere new. The menu was ample, the selection outstanding. Prices reasonable. The meals were wonderful. Beautifully prepared and an absolute lack of complaint from anyone for anything. This is a restaurant to which we will gladly return and enjoy. There is however one caviat, because we like it so much, we have given it the kiss of death. If we love it, it will shutter it's doors. Perhaps this one will break the curse. I sincerely hope so.Special Features:
- JeffeyADined on 5/6/2014Very good food and great service on this visit and at other times as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we were there for dinnerDINNERDined on 5/5/2014IT WAS VERY GOOD....SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT. WE HAVE BEEN GOING THERE SINCE IT OPENED, SOME 20+ YEARS AGO.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diner1VIPDined on 5/3/2014Clean, good service, good food only draw back was the noise level was too high! Otherwise almost perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing mealthebigorangeVIPDined on 5/1/2014The service was excellent but the meal was disappointing. My wife ordered a Caesar salad that was large but lacked taste. She followed with a plank steak that was overcooked and lacked taste and texture . I had clam chowder and the tavern salad that were good but couldn't overcome my wife's meal. Unfortunately we will not be returning.
- Nice place!kathVIPDined on 4/30/2014Food, wine and service were very good. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/30/2014We all enjoyed our lunch very much and look forward to returning again to try new menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Very GoodVVWDAWVIPDined on 4/27/2014The food and service are consistently very good here. There is a large variety on the menu, and it is reasonably priced. The wait staff is well trained and always very pleasant. We attempt to try something different every time we eat here, and we're always happy with our selections. Our favorites, however, continue to be the Chicken Marsala and the Baby Back Ribs. And of course Wednesdays are also a favorite because of half-priced wine!
- Great Find in the NeighborhoodViolet07Dined on 4/26/2014Finally made it to Village Tavern for a birthday dinner for a family member. It was delightful. Food was very good, service was excellent. Attentive wait staff. I'd come back in a heartbeat and bring my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeffeyADined on 4/25/2014Very good food and service. Noisy is our only complaintI would recommend this to a friend.