Del Frisco's Grille - McKinney Ave - Dallas
3232 McKinney Ave. Suite 175
Dallas, TX 75204Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Del Frisco's Grille - McKinney Ave - Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.delfriscosgrille.com/dallas
- Phone: 9728076152x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Antonio Zamora
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Hall
- Public Transit: The McKinney Plaza stop on the M-Line Trolley.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: The most convenient and efficient parking for lunch that we have is our self parking lot on Hall street, directly behind the restaurant. Pull into the parking lot, go straight ahead through the gate, and we will give you a token to use when you are leaving.
A word from Del Frisco's Grille - McKinney Ave - Dallas
Del Frisco’s Grille is located in vibrant Uptown Dallas, the heart of Dallas’ dining and social scene. Our restaurant blends industrial and lush elements to create an atmosphere that is simultaneously stylish, social and relaxed. Two energetic bars create a buzz throughout the restaurant and set the stage for an exciting dining experience. The patios provide the perfect perch to catch a glimpse of the action on the McKinney Ave corridor and offer some of the best al fresco dining in Dallas. It’s your place to eat with a friend and catch up on the latest or make a new friends at the bar. Our food and drinks are built to share, so share the experience with your neighbors – they are just friends you haven’t met yet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Del Frisco's Grille - McKinney Ave - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
160 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (66)hot spot (65)special occasion (63)neighborhood gem (57)fit for foodies (53)good for groups (52)great for outdoor dining (50)notable wine list (44)great for brunch (42)great for lunch (42)romantic (35)late-night find (21)scenic view (17)kid-friendly (9)Show More
- Enjoyable eveningMrBillDined on 7/19/2014DFG did everything right: seating upstairs, drinks, food, service. Could not have asked for more; did not feel rushed. Great experience and will return...glad I live close.Special Features:
- Celebratory Engagement DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014We went here with some close friends to celebrate our engagement. DFG has become one of my favorite dinner spots. Its no the best food out there but the food is good, the staff is attentive and it is a fun energetic place to be! The sommelier delivered a complimentary round of champagne to congratulate us. We sat on the upstairs patio and the weather was awesome!! It was just an all-around strong night for DFG!!Special Features:
- The Grill never disappoints!BrunchloverVIPDined on 7/18/2014We love this restaurant! The food is delicious, service spot on, and atmosphere hard to beat! We loved the deviled eggs and ahi tuna appetizer. The sole francese with crab topping is our favorite entree--amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated my sister's Bday!sunnyandindyDined on 7/18/2014Perfect place for a celebration, the wine list was extensive yet reasonable, food was excellent and Amber our server was fantastic!Special Features:
- Not a good mealnancyDined on 7/15/2014We have eaten at Del Frisco's for years at the Addison location-always good -great service and food. We had never eaten at this location on McKinney. My husband ordered the chicken fried rib eye -I think it was called. It was one of their signature dishes on the menu. My husband said it was terrible-looked more like a flank steak maybe-not even a good chicken fried steak. I had the filet of sole with crab meat on top-----it was very mediocre! We told our server about the poor quality of food and he offered to take of bill. My husband always hated to do that but another manager insisted on giving us a free dessert and a coupon for a free appetizer for a next visit. The dessert was to die for---coconut cream pie- not your ordinary pie at all!
- Took the wind out of my sails!Advocate4gr8erGOODDined on 7/13/2014Very disappointed sums it up. The service rivaled non other than Chilis Bar and Grill. The waiter we were supposed to have never showed up at our table so I had to go ask the host to provide another server. The food was about half as good as the traditional Del Friscos. We were hoping to find a casual spot with great food and service, not going to happen here. After a very mediocre experience I paid my $200 tab that only included my wife, my 14 year old son, and myself and off we went to get our car out of valet which costs another $5. This place is very good about taking your money, not so good about earning it. Save yourself the trouble and go to the real version or even nick and SAMs grill will treat you better.
- Date Night With WifeDateNiteDined on 7/12/2014We are new to the area and had heard great things about Del Frisco's. I took my wife there for a date night and we had a great time! The service was excellent and the food was perfect.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/11/2014Our anniversary here was great! We were given proceco when we arrived with a special welcome and invitation to dine with the hostess in DC. Food was great! Dover sole and creamed kale. Best margarita ever and only 160 cal. Desert also on them. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGdiningjunkieDined on 7/11/2014OUTSTANDING service. Extremely attentive, knowledgeable and more. Food was great. VERY loud so don't go there with anyone hard of hearing. Truly a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed myselfJanmichaelDined on 7/6/2014Had a beautiful experience. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelsJWFoodNotesDined on 7/6/2014The menu for dinner was more to our pallet the brunch was fine but not super. We will go back for dinner but not for brunch. The wait was long which we don't mind if the food is fantastic and it wasn't. My husband's tuna was great but that was more a dinner food. So that's why will would go back for dinner.Special Features:
- Excellent MenuSherryDined on 7/4/2014I thought this was a destination steakhouse, but there are actually just a few steaks on the menu. My husband had the strip, and I had a filet, and both were excellent. It's good to know though that there are more casual items on the menu, so if we're not feeling like eating or paying for a steak dinner, the burger menu sounds great too!Special Features:
- Great steak!SaturdayDined on 7/4/2014Excellent place to dine! Hostess wasn't the pleasant but atmosphere and food was food. Wait the lettuce that my steak was on had withered but the slices of steak were superb! Right after lunch or dinner you can either take a stroll or ride the trolley. It picks up right next door.Special Features:
- Special night!ThankfulanneDined on 7/1/2014Excellent food and service! The staff helped make our anniversary very special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularFoodloversDined on 6/29/2014This is definitely my favorite place to eat! Waiters are always fast and courteous. The food is always delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousNite2dineDined on 6/29/2014Excellent food. Wine. And APPETIZERS!!!! Tooooooo. NoisySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evenings on the balcony upstairs5thGenTxDined on 6/28/2014I really enjoy having both business and personal meetings at Del Friscos, especially durning evenings on the upstairs balcony where the ambience is nice , open sky, mister fans and a fire treatment around the bar. Great if you just want to sit outside, have some great apps and and entree. Waiters are on top of it and the balcony is somewhat removed from the louder more traditional dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday DinnerZilardDined on 6/22/2014Our server was Ty and he did an amazing job. The food was equally as good.Special Features:
- CeciliaDined on 6/22/2014The food is always great but the service, from hostess to waiter/waitress to servers are all awesome! They all were very friendly.Special Features:
- Loud and Bad FoodMereBearVIPDined on 6/21/2014I ordered the filet and shrimp special cooked to medium. It was served rare and I could barely slice the filet because it was such a poor cut of meat. Flavor wasn't anything special. The waitress, however, was awesome and attentive.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/18/2014The food, the service, the bartenders, the ambiance. Excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much attentionBigtravelerVIPDined on 6/17/2014Okay so it started with a waiter who turned out to not be our waiter. Then the waiter came. Then we ordered cocktails. Then he showed up every 5 minutes like clockwork. "How's it going?" "Ready to order?" "More wine? Water? etc etc etc. And the floor manager stopped by and another manager stopped by. All told - at least 20 table touches. It was annoying. Food was okay. Nothing bad, nothing memorable. Pricey.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014As always the food was exceptional as was the atmosphere. However management should check on the tables of new waiters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/13/2014Needed a place to go late on a Friday. Was able to make a last minute reservation and they had our table ready for us. Service was excellent. Took my son and he had no problems finding something to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good choice for steaksByronDallasTXDined on 6/10/2014In looking for a good Texas steak, my decision in downtown or uptown was narrowed to Morton’s Steaks, Dakota’s and Del Frisco’s Grille. We ordered steaks at a temperature of medium-well. My friend’s steak came out so charcoal black that he had to scrape the hard crust of ashes off and the inside of steak was chocolate brown throughout. We sent that steak back and they had a second chance to bring out a “medium-well” steak. The second attempt at a “medium-well” steak arrived rare --- completely red throughout with blood dripping from the center. This was a big disappointment and I was embarrassed to have recommended the Del Frisco’s Grille. If you are looking for good steaks, don’t go Del Frisco’s Grille, go to Dakota’s or to Morton’s.Special Features:
- Disappointed in Food - Good ServiceVladiDined on 6/8/2014Had the Chicken Fried steak... well, it certainly was fried. Tasted like it was made the night before and then just fried again to warm it up. Wife's food was not much better. Drinks overpriced, so is the food. Excepted more from the Del Frisco brand name. Service was great.
- So So ExperienceJohnVIPDined on 6/7/2014The cook over salted my Prime NY Strip. No baked potato option so I selected French Fries which were nicely presented but were not fresh cut but of the frozen type. The server got my companions order wrong and she ended up getting two salads as a starter and for her entrée. Overall, not a good value for the price.Special Features:
- The following 697 reviews are from the Del Frisco's Grille - McKinney Ave - Dallas reviews archive.
- Not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/1/2014Service was good but the food wasn't. The crab cake Benedict was a couple of teaspoons of crab (not a cake) sitting on a thick piece of focaccia bread topped with two soft boiled eggs (not poached) with runny whites. Beside it were 2 sticks of over-cooked asparagus. My guests barely touched their food and they came hungry! One ordered a burger and was told it could only be ordered well done, because "they are already partially cooked". To top it off, the ketchup comes in a tiny squeeze bottle the size of my thumb. If a restaurant is going to be that pretentious, it needs to be really good. This wasn't.
- pre anniversary dinnersddominiDined on 5/31/2014Rooftop patio was great. Service was great...and our food was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceJFosterDined on 5/31/2014Overall, my experience was good. I started with the ahi tuna tacos. The tuna and avocado were both bland, but the she'll was good. For my entree, I ordered the chicken and waffles with spicy maple syrup off of the brunch menu. The food was just ok. Everyone else at my table seemed to enjoy their entree. I'll definitely visit again...I'll just be ordering something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual, great!GonzaloVIPDined on 5/30/2014The food is good, the service is escellent and even both managers take the time to check on each table. My champagne wasn't extremely chilled as ai like it and the took it, chilled it and brought it back. In the meantime, the offered us complimentary drinks, which shiws they care. It's definitely a place I consider for basically anything...dinner, brunch, lunch or just go for a drink in west village.Special Features:
- Not quite Del'sThrillDined on 5/29/2014Best thing was the location to watch foot traffic on McKinney. Food was good, but what you would expect being named Del Friscos. Bread pudding for dessert was the best part.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placesergioadhDined on 5/28/2014Great place. My steak was a little bit charred on the outside but very good otherwise and my wife's tuna chef's plate was great.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014I celebrated my birthday at this restaurant with about 12 people. Our waiter, Mike, was very kind and attentive to making sure we were satisfied. The manager also moved us to another section of the restaurant to be closer to the TV so the men in my party could watch the game. They did this with no problem and did not make a big deal about it at all. The manager was very nice and did a wonderful job making sure we were satisfied. The food was delicious and came out decent time. They brought me out a small little birthday cake with a candle. Del Frisco's is a really nice restaurant.Special Features:
- Girls Night OutLaurenDined on 5/24/2014This trip was a special occasion across generations - went after hearing about a "hopping" bar scene but seemed to be an off weekend. Our water was quite courteous, indulging in a sample of another dish I was contemplating which was a nice touch. Ahi tuna steak was satisfying and portion was perfect if not particularly mindblowing. Would come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try AgainDallasFoodieVIPDined on 5/24/2014OK - so was in 2 weeks ago - wrote a review and had immediate follow up. However - no follow thru. Email and all but no phone call. Had friends in town that wanted to go desperately. Upon hesitation thought lets try this again. Trevor our server - AMAZING! Did the best that we have ever had while there. FOOD - as always was the best. Still had service issues that weren't Trevors issue - had 1 drink every time a reorder - was wrong drink. We did ask for management as we got seated and had an AC issue with condensation drips on us. No on showed up. Moved up a little more - back on the list - but for the location, the name and all; felt again that too many people and service as below average again.Special Features:
- Just a decent experienceJEngwichtDined on 5/23/2014My husband and I went to Del Frisco's Grille for lunch. We've recently moved to the area and we've been trying to try out the local restaurants. We ordered the grilled artichoke as an app and we both had mixed feelings on it. The artichoke hearts on the dish were great but that's about all. For our meals I ordered the Kale and brussels sprouts salad. it was pretty tasty. My husband had the chicken avocado wrap, it too was pretty good but you can't really mess this up. The sweet potato fries were pretty greasy. On our way out we checked out their wine and were very impressed with some of the bottles they carried. We will go back, but probably not for lunch. I've heard the brunch is good and I'm curious about their dinner menu.Special Features:
- Missed the mark todayDiningoutVIPDined on 5/18/2014My request to dine upstairs wasn't overlooked it was just not honored. Things went downhill from there, the salad was served with two strips of bacon that had been prepared much earlier in the day, and were coated with a layer of cold grease. The chicken fried steak and eggs did not compare to one I had here a while back, it was not good quality, gravy was poured on the steak which was not crisp, and the gravy just exacerbated the problem. I made a slight mistake in ordering but it was graciously corrected. Unfortunately there was no way to correct the experience. I will return, but it will take some time to recover from this visit, today was not the usual experience by any means.
- Going StrongOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014Promptly greeted and seated at reserved time. Took us to a great table by the window that offered a quitter ambiance. Service was attentitive and professional. Have been here several times and never disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere!alleycat92Dined on 5/17/2014I've driven by Del Frisco's multiple times and always thought the open air feel must be really pleasant--it was! They slide open a whole wall's worth of windows when the weather is nice (which it was the night we dined there for my graduation.) The waitress had a couple of great recommendations for us, and everybody in my party enjoyed their food. I'd say the top picks of the night were the filets and the desserts (nutella bread pudding? y-u-m!!) Also, I thought the price point was totally fair. I'll definitely be back!Special Features: