385 West Tahquitz Canyon Way
Palm Springs, CA 92262Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.levallauris.com/
- Phone: 7603255059x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Le Vallauris has a policy that requires a credit card for reservations of 8 persons or more. Reservations MUST be cancelled by 9:00AM for LUNCH reservations and by 12:00 noon for DINNER reservations. A charge of $25 per person will be levied for cancellations made AFTER these hours.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Jean Paul Lair
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Le Vallauris has developed a famous reputation for outside caterings from 2 to 500 guests. The key to success is that Chef Jean Paul prepares all the food on site, no pre-cooked food is kept in hot boxes for a whole day! Le Vallauris has catered to parties as far as Laguna Beach at the coast. A professional service staff is used to give unobtrusive and friendly service. Weddings and Corporate events are their specialty. Comprehensive packages are available to accommodate budgets. Le Vallauris includes in its packages for up to 200 guests all the equipment needed except tables and chairs.
- Private Party Facilities: Le Vallauris has 2 inside dining rooms for private parties each one with a capacity for up to 50 persons. The Patio can also be used on a "buy out" basis for up to 150 persons and a tree shaded Gazebo is available for up to 120 guests. These facilities are able to use an array of "prix fixe" menus.
- Private Party Contact: Omar Haddedou 8669719532
- Entertainment: Le Vallauris has a pianist in the bar.
- Special Events: Le Vallauris can arrange for private events according to the wishes of the clients. We like to be known to be a "one stop shop!"
A word from Le Vallauris
Established in the heart of Palm Springs since 1973, Le Vallauris located at the foot of San Jacinto Mountains has been the highest rated restaurant in the Palm Springs Valley since its inception. Owned and operated by the well known restaurateur Paul Bruggemans who was also owner of the Famous Le St Germain restaurant in Hollywood. The Historic Landmark was built in 1927 and was owned by the owners of the famous Desert Inn which was The hotel in the Valley. Many grand parties were held in the house for guests such as Duke Ellington, Nat King Cole, Louis Armstrong and many more. It was a favorite place for General Patton when he was based in Palm Springs to stage the Battle of the Bulge during World War II. Later on, when the restaurant was established it became a favorite place for Presidents and the Hollywood elite. The renowned Patio lined with Giant Fichus trees is THE place to dine. The Patio is cooled in the Summer and heated in the Winter.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Le Vallauris - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
Le Vallauris reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelQuiet
great for outdoor dining (47)romantic (43)special occasion (38)fit for foodies (37)notable wine list (19)neighborhood gem (17)great for brunch (12)scenic view (11)great for lunch (7)good for groups (5)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Even a gem might have a flaw once.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/15/2014We absolutely love Le Vallauris. The occasion was my Wife's Birthday. First, the "white board" selections were "John Paul" spot-on and our selections prepared perfectly. Tony came to our table and was as charming as ever. The problem was our waitress was subpar. She was friendly, but not near the level of service we've come to expect. She was unfamiliar with the menu so she'd go to the kitchen to ask how a meal was prepared. One selection she actually read what was written on the white board - "Sautéed Maine Lobster -- oh, that is a lobster that is sautéed". We were presented a dessert for my wife's birthday - a very nice gesture - yet when the bill came the $14.95 dessert was added to our bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a continuing favouritequeeneyDined on 3/14/2014Thus is a beautiful place, big old ficus trees surround tables and create shade. Waiters are knowledgeable and friendly. Food is consistently excellent on varied menu. Something for everyone willing to pay the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arrival for dinner!BouffeDined on 3/12/2014We enjoyed our evening very much, expect for our arrival. The gentleman who was at the door did not seem very warm to us, we had a 7:30 reservation which we had delayed until 8pm by calling just before 7pm, we did arrived a little later than 8pm, and we were offered a table next to the musicians, just as we witnessed the couple leaving that particular table as it seemed too loud for conversation! When we pointed that out, the gentleman, his name could be did not seem happy to prepare another table for us. He did and we were eventually seated. All this to say we were not treated as "welcome guests". We did enjoy the tasting menu very much and the service at the table was excellent. Thank you, MadeleineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to come back!foodiemeVIPDined on 3/11/2014Ask for Willy to be your server too. We went here two nights in a row while out in CA for work...I can't wait to get back. I ordered off the a la carte menu and was so happy to sample many wonderful appetizers and desserts.Special Features:
- Wonderful!JennydDined on 3/11/2014Perfect evening on our honeymoon! Duck was fantastic-1/2 and the duck duo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/7/2014we enjoyed our dining experience. what you would expect from a French restaurant. Lovely , nice menu, and excellent food and service. would love to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Anniversary DinnerJonellphDined on 3/6/2014We love Le Vallauris! I don't know why we always save it for special occasions, but maybe that's what keeps it fun. The food was outstanding and the entire wait staff was very friendly and attentive. I believe that the owner came over and chatted with us about our dinner and hoped we were enjoying ourselves, if he's not the owner has has been there for a very long time! We highly recommend it for a truly wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Fantastic restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/6/2014We went their for our anniversary and it was aa great romantic evening. We by had swordfish and it was so moist and seasoned perfectly. The waivers wear tuxes. We were seated outside on the patio with very large trees surrounding us. It was a perfect place to spend our special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A desert jewel!rebucfanVIPDined on 3/5/2014What a jewel in the desert! Great food and service! Beautiful courtyard!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerJoAnnDined on 3/5/2014Our children gave us a generous gift certificate for Le Vallauris and my husband and I went to celebrate his birthday. The outdoor courtyard was beautiful. The wait staff was very attentive, almost too attentive, coming by to ask if everything was OK. We each had a glass of wine, appetizers, entrée, coffee, desert and brandy. The food and presentation was outstanding. When we received our check we put the gift certificate in the little black folder. We waited a very long time (20 minutes) and finally had to ask for our change. The bill came to 68% of the gift certificate. The folder came back with change that indicated they had taken a 30% gratuity. We would have left a nice tip on our own. I thought it was arrogant of them to take it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We came back two years laterformidableDined on 3/2/2014We came back two years later , fearing that they could not possibly be as good as we remembered. WRONG! The whole affair is memorable, from beginning to end. Very refine dishes, classic presentation in an outstanding courtyard. No need to fly to the South of France. The Sunday brinch is a treat at reasonable price, $45 for full three course meal with vin mousseux «à volonté». we are going back next Sunday with kids and grandchildren.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/1/2014This was our first visit to this restaurant and enjoyed it very much. It is a bit of a drive to Palm Springs from Indian Wells so we don't often make the trip especially after having drinks. We would recommend this spot to others as it has lovely ambiance ( we were in the courtyard) and very good food.Special Features:
- Impeccable as alwaysretvetDined on 3/1/2014Saved Le Vallauris to celebrate our month-long stay in Palm Springs, and the total experience met and even exceeded our already high expectations. Highly recommend this gem to all.Special Features:
- Fantastical, Wonderful, DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/1/2014We visited Palm Springs during the deluge that was so terrifically drenching, we had to change hotel rooms 3 times because of roof leaks. We dripped dry and were lucky enough to stumble upon this oasis of twinkling lights, old-time charm, and delicious food. Whenever we are in Palm Springs, we will always come here...always, always, always.Special Features:
- DelightfulFoodieVIPDined on 2/26/2014Once again Le Vallauris proved how exceptional their food, service and ambience are! My lobster bisque soup was exquisite . My husband raved over his sea bass and I must admit it did look exquisite. I love dining here because it is always a treat to the senses!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous findKellyDined on 2/26/2014We found this by accident & what a delight it was! We were seated in a courtyard full of trees, removed from the street so the setting was lovely. We had beet gazpacho & grilled shrimp on salad greens with wonderful fresh French buns. The service was excellent & so was the food...we have been back since & that experience was just as good. Be prepared for the bill, as it is a little pricey, especially with wine!Special Features:
- Thank You Other Reviewers!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/24/2014Wonderful fine dining. Monday night in February so not overly busy. We rarely say the martinis were perfect! Beautiful inside and out. Dined in and dessert outside, which is really an "inside" outside -very secluded and lovely. Next time I will have long sleeves and eat out! Our waiter presented menu highlighting certain items- a subtle hint . Tuna tartare, beet salad, whitefish (mustard based sauce) and crispy duck with cherry sauce all fantastic. Very attentive to an obscure food allergy that can crop unexpectedly. Chocolate volcano melted in our mouths. Total 5 star experience that night and much happiness. Thank you. I don't always review places I've been but we should take the time to help as we have been helped!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasureChristopher8000Dined on 2/23/2014I have dined at Le Vallauris twice now, and it has been a pleasurable experience both times. We will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Elegance!LovefoodVIPDined on 2/22/2014This is the best Restaurant in the desert. The food is superb. The service is excellent and the outdoor patio is gorgeous. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous but slowLocalGuy2Dined on 2/22/2014Beautiful atmosphere........fabulous food in taste and presentation........service exceptionally slow between salad and entree..... I will be back, but am hoping for better service from an upscale establishment like thisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luncheon for special eventPmwdineDined on 2/22/2014This restaurant met every condition I require for a fine dining experience. The entrance into the lovely patio and seating with both "menu board" depicting specials of the day to the written menu with ample list of selections certainly differentiates this restaurant from most fine restaurants. We had high expectations and ALL were exceeded! We felt like we were returning to our favorite haunt but it was only our 1st visit. We had the advantage of having gone to Le St. Germain on Melrose for many years (a favorite of ours) and our hopes and expectations were more than met. We look forward to a return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/21/2014The experience at this restaurant was top notch. I would recommend everyone who is visiting Palm Springs to dine here at least once. Well worth the price!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly exceptional! The foodNanuetDined on 2/20/2014Truly exceptional! The food while brilliantly traditional ; has wonderful slight varitations. The scallops are a must have! It was a truly wonderful experience !Special Features:
- We arrived 5 mins. prior toNot2happyDined on 2/19/2014We arrived 5 mins. prior to our reservation at 5 pm, seated at 5:15 on the patio as first guests there to celebrate two special birthdays. They were going to seat us at the first table at the entrance of the patio where everyone comes in. Asked for a different table. Host? was accommodating but clearly not happy. Chair seats were hard & uncomfortable but the patio scenery is nice & quaint. Waiter finally came over for drink order. We asked a couple of questions re: wine & the waiter had the attitude of "what are you doing here?" Very unpleasant. Meal was very good. They brought a small scoop of ice cream to one of our birthday guests, not the other. We felt the staff made us feel inferior & unwelcome. We didn't feel like welcomed guests.
- ExcellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/19/2014When we want a special meal, we go to Le Vallauris. We enjoy the ambience, service and delicious food. It's our favorite restauran in the Desert cities.Special Features:
- favorite8wellDined on 2/18/2014been going for the seven years I've lived in palm springs, it's me favorite restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was horrible considerinOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 2/18/2014The service was horrible considering we had the tasting menu at $93 per person. The waiter, in particular, was abrasive and made inappropriate comments. We were celebrating our anniversary and even after emailing the manager about the occasion, no mention was made. In addition, they should not call it a tasting menu. They should call it a 5 course menu. There were no little extras like a a true tasting menu like at Per Se or Alain Ducasse restaurants. Very disappointed.
- Awesome as usual. Great service,loydmanVIPDined on 2/17/2014Awesome as usual. Great service, great food and terrific ambiance for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant, celebratingOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/16/2014This restaurant, celebrating its 40th year, is truly one of Southern California's best. It is dependably outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceTwinkleDined on 2/15/2014This restaurant was recommended to me by a friend. Our dinner experience exceeded expectations. The food and wait staff were fabulous. We got the prix fix dinner and not only was it delicious, but it was reasonably priced for the fine quality. The outdoor patio is beautiful. Even though this restaurant is a few blocks from noisy and crowded Palm Canyon Drive, it has a cozy and comforting vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Servicedeco2modDined on 2/14/2014The service at the restaurant was perfect! Food was good, but not perfect. The presentation of food was lovely. All in all, a pleasant experience.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Perfect dinner in every way possible. So good we went back the following night with a large group and it was just as good again. Our entire group of ten all praised the incredible food and service. Highly recommended!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OO-La-LaSBLauraDined on 2/14/2014Being both lactose & soy intolerant, the waiter was very solicitous in assisting me with my choices & the staff was very attentive to us. Valentine's dinner - a prix fixe menu - was generally superb. I was un peu disappointed with the lobster appetizer, which I found a little too chewy (overcooked?) & under-flavored. My honey's oysters looked incredible. Our entrees were perfect in all aspects - duck & filet. I had the dessert trio: creme brulee, chocolate cake & raspberry sorbet on a shortbread cookie (taking a lactose pill first). They were beautifully presented & good - though the creme brulee had an unexpected citrus-y taste - not the best I've every had. Overall, however, the service, the ambiance & the food made it a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Valentines Day dinnerSeattleDined on 2/14/2014We were expecting a little more from a 5 star restaurant in Palm Springs - dinner was very rushed, inattentive wait staff, mediocre and over priced food.
- Great Valentine's DinnerPeggyDined on 2/14/2014My husband and I both enjoyed the filet - which was wonderful. The beet salad was one of the best I've ever had. This was truly a most wonderful experience and we would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant EveningOutwfriendsDined on 2/14/2014Le Vallauris is one of the top restaurants in the Coachella Valley. We experienced it for the first time on Valentine's Day, and were completely happy! The staff are fantastic - from the sommelier to the bus staff. Our waiter was perfectly attentive - I hate those who hover, and he was there when we wanted him but did not hover! And he was so pleasant - we really enjoyed his service! Now the food - it was superb! I had Duck - awesome! And my husband had Chilean Seabass - excellent! Cannot say enough about the food, perfectly prepared and presented. A very extensive wine list for those who know wine - you won't be disappointed. When we left the bar was hopping! Le Vallauris is an all-around wonderful special place that I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All good but the wine list was not!EatguyDined on 2/14/2014Had Lamb and beet salad. Lamb was good but I probably should have had the mushroom soup which 1 of the 4 at our table said was terrific. Big $ and good food and service. It was Vallentines night so they wanted you out quickly. I would go again and hopefully get out on the patio. We did ask when we reserved but not sure why it didn't happen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing this time.FannyDined on 2/13/2014Very disappointing this time. I have eaten there before, and the food quality was outstanding. Not this time; put together without much care.
- Le Vallauris gets even betterGregoryPSDined on 2/12/2014We have dined at Le Vallauris for over 15 years, and it has gotten even better with an array of new menu items that focus on local farm to table selections. The atmosphere can't be beat - it is the most beautiful outdoor opportunity in the desert - inside is beautiful as well for those chillier nights. Staff is excellent as always. It is a beautiful and special dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French In The DesertMichaelVIPDined on 2/12/2014Perfect variety, perfect preparation, perfect presentation and perfect service. Is there something else? Try the degustation menu. It's worth the cost!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.