68-718 East Palm Canyon Drive, #401
Cathedral City, CA 92234Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trilussarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7603282300
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Oscar Rojas
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Julius and Sylvia playing your favorite variety of tunes. Also, Dwayne Fettig playing the traditional Italian and other favorite accordion sounds.
A word from Trilussa Ristorante
Trilussa serves traditional Italian cuisine in an intimate and family atmosphere. They serve great Italian seafood, steaks, pizza and pasta dishes with elegance and a smile. Front door parking to the restaurant available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Trilussa Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
Trilussa Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)fit for foodies (21)good for groups (19)romantic (18)special occasion (17)great for outdoor dining (15)vibrant bar scene (11)great for lunch (6)hot spot (5)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (4)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Always goodMikeVIPDined on 4/6/2014We have eaten at Trilussa and its sister restaurant (Sammy G's) many times the good and service are always great! We have many choices here in the Desert, but these two restaurants are consistently great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experience...wouldOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/6/2014Enjoyable experience...would have loved to dine outside but was not available. Will return again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- going downhillnancybDined on 4/5/2014I have been going to Trilussa about once a month for 7 or more years. It has always been a "Go -To" place for us. We had been there in late January and were very pleased as always. We were there Sat. evening 4/5/14 and the restaurant was less than satisfactory. The service was poor. We had to ask our busboy to find our server so we could order a drink then again to order the meal, then again to order desert. The server was pleasant but not at all trained. Plates were taken off the table as each party finished rather than waiting to clear the table when all parties were done, (waiting 101 class). Never once did management come around to say hello and chat a moment. I will be looking for a new neighborhood "Go-To" place.Special Features:
- Great Italian findJonMDined on 4/4/2014Everything was excellent!! The calamari appetizer was the best I've had in awhile. The house Pinot Grigio was tasty. The stuffed chicken dinner special was to die for. I will definitely be visiting this establishment again the next time we're in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fresh foodBonnieVIPDined on 3/26/2014Our reservation was taken right on time. Food delicious and served nice and hot. Very tasty Caesar salad, breadsticks, great pastas and delicious biscottis made in house. Great service and very pleasant. Lots of variety on the menu. Will go back.Special Features:
- What a delight. Staff verybellaDined on 3/26/2014What a delight. Staff very attentive & knowledgeable, but not intrusive. Food was extra special, desert, heavenly. Will definitely be back againSpecial Features:
- Good FoodWittaDined on 3/15/2014Four of us and we enjoyed the evening and the food was very good. Only downside was that we ate at 6:30 on a Saturday and the service felt a bit rushed -- though it might have been overly attentive instead...Special Features:
- Special nightjthorpeDined on 3/15/2014The food and service made a special night one to remember. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is our favourite place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/14/2014All the staff is wonderful excellent service, and excellent food.Special Features:
- slowbeefloverDined on 3/9/2014We have been to Trilussa several times and never had a bad meal however the last time we had dinner the service was horrible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InconsistentCritic1Dined on 3/1/2014This is the 4th time we have eaten at Trilussa The first was very good so we took friends the next time. And it was not so good. Decided to try it again recently after a couple of years absence It was fantastic. So back again we go for a special occasion Very disappointed.
- Start to FinishPattidDined on 2/28/2014You will enjoy the food at Trilussa. To start the olive with olive oil tapenade was delicious. Meals were great and the topper was the Exotic Bomba dessert. You have to try it, even if you are full, it is outstanding. If you can get Shana as your server, do it. She' s the very best and makes your night!Special Features:
- trilussapennyDined on 2/27/2014This is a favorite of my family. We go very often and have never been disappointed with anything. The food is wonderful the staff very friendly and attentive to your needs. Nice for a quiet romantic dinner or the whole family. I'm so glad I noticed it a few years ago while driving to Palm Springs and decided to take a chance and trying it, what a terrific surprise. We will continue to dine at Trilussa often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantJoeDeeDined on 2/27/2014My wife and I love the ambiance, food and reasonable prices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingMJH1Dined on 2/24/2014This was our fifth visit to this exceptional dining spot. Excellent food, great service and fun. Great music from a live entertainer. Took friends last week and they plan to return. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Never disappointsFoodieB4itwascoolDined on 2/21/2014Overall, among the three best Italian places in the Valley. You are treated like a valued guest the first time you go; the second time, like family. The food is great. If you don't see what you want on the menu, ask--they will try to accommodate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table for EightOhNoEatingAgainDined on 2/21/2014We were celebrating a birthday with family from out of town. At the last minute, two more rarely seen family members were able to come. This was great for us but put the restaurant staff in a difficult situation. No problem! They added two more chairs and place settings--this on a Friday evening at 6:30 PM. The food and service were exceptional. The vibe and energy remind us why we go out to dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service, food, comp goodiesMagnamosaDined on 2/20/2014glad we had a reservation as the place was packed. extensive menu, plenty of choices. homemade pasta's were delish! most of us had the lasagna which was super good, one linguini with the filet mignon and the risotto with seafood. all were really great although the risotto was more like plain rice but the abundent seafood with it made up for it. citrus salad was huge and very good also. no room for dessert but they finish off the meal with complimentary ameretto and biscotti which was yummy. also, excellent music provided but a couple with a singer and a man who played guitar, sax and trumpet and all very well. $15 corkage, excellent service, reasonable prices, a winner!Special Features:
- We are regulars!MarshaDined on 2/19/2014We love this place. Always good food and friendly service..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great italianfreedmlDined on 2/16/2014great food and great service. there is live music 3 nights a week and it was good when we were there.Special Features:
- Definetly worth it760desertfoodieDined on 2/14/2014My boyfriend and u have been wanting to try this place out for awhile and finally made reservations for valentines dash it was definetly worth it and delicious love the ambiance :)Special Features:
- Valentine's Day nightmarelovemywifeDined on 2/14/2014We had a reservation and were seated in several minutes. while we waited a couple came in. one was in a wheelchair. did not have reservation. were told to sit at the bar. not possible in wheelchair.the bar is too high. during our visit, there were 5 empty tables. they should have been asked to wait and see if something came up and not turned away. We were NOT told there were Valentine specials or given the print out sheet. we were only given the regular menu. yes, it was busy but we saw our server twice during our entire visit. she took our order and she gave us our bill. we had to trip a bus boy to ask if he would bring us another glass of wine. it was a special day and we deserved better service. there was no excuse to ignore patrons.Special Features:
- Not QuitetomronVIPDined on 2/9/2014My visit was OK - nothing to complain about, especially the service of a very attentive and patient waiter - Juan. I found the appetizer clams and mussels largely flavorless, and the eggplant parmesan main course so-so (limp eggplant and not much flavor). My companion ordered the linguine without clams, only mussels. It came with both, and she was not wholly satisfied with her dish. She then ordered an additional pasta in (for the life of me, I can't think of the name for cream sauce - old age brain) which was very much to her taste.Special Features:
- I always enjoy our dinnersTerrieDined on 2/7/2014I always enjoy our dinners here, the food is very good and so is the service. I had the spinach and cheese ravioli even though I had to pay $3.00 extra to change the sauce to the vodka cream sauce it was worth it. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Really special place!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/6/2014We were first greeted by the front door with a fire pit and then as we entered a friendly and nice woman greeted us. It turns out she was the singer! We were taken to a quiet table and we had a nice, efficient server. The ambiance was really great especially with the soft live music playing. We ordered the salad that had fruit in it and the mandarin oranges had been in the can too long as they had a sharp bite-y taste. The server took the salad off the bill. The sand dabs would have been divine had the sauce not been overrun with lemon. The vegetables were soggy and tasteless, but the fingerling potatoes were delicious. My husband's pasts was just ok. We would return and order differently because we loved the atmosphere and live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice nightDebbers55Dined on 2/5/2014Having arrived on time for the reservation, the hostess tried to seat us at a booth right behind the podium and next to the door...we asked to be seated elsewhere and she gladly accommodated us but asked that when we make the reservation in the future to specify whether a booth or table would be desired. The server was very attentive and helpful and the food was excellent for the price. The specials that night were shrimp Parmesan and a 10oz New York steak with pasta and all were excellent. The shrimp were large and not overcooked with a sprinkling of marinara sauce and Parmesan. Very light .....the pescatore risotto was full of clams, mussels, calamari, shrimp and fish. Very filling and great value for the money. Always a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good food. TerrificGangreeneDined on 2/5/2014Consistently good food. Terrific lasagna. Chicken alla grillia. Get with sautéed spinich.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place and the liveTunaFanVIPDined on 1/16/2014Love this place and the live music compliments it with (Sylvia and Jullus).Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerLadybosspsDined on 1/15/2014My parent's 59th anniversary. Mom mentioned she'd like to try Trilussa. Since we already enjoy Sammy G's it wasn't a stretch to think this would be great as well. We were right! We were greeted at the door like old friends and every wish was accommodated. The food was excellent, so good we had to take some home. Dessert, coffee and complimentary amaretto. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Not the same as 2 weeks agoMarvDined on 1/11/2014Not sure what happened but 2 weeks ago we rated this as 5 for everything and it was going to be our new go to restaurant. Go to for birthdays and date nights. This time we had to ask for everything, cutlery, bread, our appetizer was missed when the entree was served and taken back. The clams and mussel appi with natural sauce was fantastic and the dipping bread very tasty. Im pretty sure the entree was just microwaved when they brought it later because the risotto was like paste, then the Bomba dessert was melting. The place was medium busy but now we know it's used by movie goers who want fast service. We will try another time and hope this time was the exception.
- Always GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/11/2014We have an enjoyable time every time we come here. Good service, food and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We sat for a long time beforeEddieVIPDined on 1/10/2014We sat for a long time before being attended to. The table next to us came in after us, ordered their cocktails and recieved them before our waitress ever came to our table. Other than that everything was good.Special Features:
- Outstanding ServicenightoutDined on 12/30/2013Excellent tasty meal. though somewhat over salted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking forward to our next visitMarvDined on 12/28/2013Trilussa was recommended by a friend I respect, and she was right. Thanks Joan. It was Saturday night busy but we were looked after quickly without being rushed. Our waitress, Shana, was excellent and because of her enthusiasm, we followed her suggestions for everything; wine, appis, entrees and dessert. Sammy's tomatoes were tasty and would be best shared since the richness might be too much to have before an entree. The eggplant Parmesan was perfect, light and tasty and the rack of lamb was cooked and seasoned perfectly. The dessert, the Bomba, mango, passion fruit and raspberry sorbet wrapped in white chocolate was refreshing and tasty and could be shared by 4 people, or devoured by one person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot in C CityRickDined on 12/27/2013Very nice, upscale restaurant, without being pretentious. The noise level is fairly high, but didn't really distract from the ambiance. Friendly efficient staff. We were tourists but could tell by the way so many people were greeted that this is a popular restaurant for locals. The bread and pesto style dip served before dinner were good and the pasta dishes we had were better than in any of the Italian restaurants we've tried in Palm Springs and Palm Desert. Complimentary after dinner liquor was a nice touch. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pure enjoymentpennyDined on 12/27/2013This is a restaurant that my family goes to at least once every few weeks. Love sitting in a booth, they seem to give you a giant hug - very roomy and cozy at the same time. The service is swift but not intrusive, the wait staff is very attentive but not over bearing, food excellent. There is nothing about this place that I wouldn't recommend, a real pleasure I always get excited when we have plans to have dinner at Trilussa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/20/2013Food was amazing, service was top-notch, and prices were very reasonable. I would definitely return and recommend to all my friends & family.Special Features:
- Were with our friends celebratingdwjcsDined on 12/19/2013Were with our friends celebrating their anniversary. We all loved it. Dinner & dessert excellent. Our server, Shanna, couldn't have been more accommodating. Sylvia & Julius, the singer & muscian sang and played beautiful. Trilussa Restorante is now one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server confusionOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/14/2013On a recent Saturday night, the food was very good, but the service was poor. The gnocchi was terrific, and the sand dabs delicious. There must have been some confusion over who our server should be, because we sat there with menus for 20 minutes while the waitstaff was all around us. Finally we had to ask a busboy to send our waiter, then we were served the wrong salads, finally our main course came and we were without silverware until we once again asked a busboy. Sloppy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2013Waitress was real nice, food was very tasty and good quality. I'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.