Palm Restaurant - Orlando
5800 Universal Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Orlando
- Phone: 4075037256
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Larry Sinibaldi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Orlando
Orlando Palm Restaurant is located in the cities hottest hotel, The Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Studios and has truly become the place to "see and be seen." for over 80 years, Palm Restaurant has been famous for USDA prime aged steaks, Jumbo Nova Scotia Lobster, Italian entrees, fresh premium seafood, generous portions, outstanding service, and an atmosphere like nowhere else. You Belong at Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House. It's your favorite table, your favorite drink and the best of everything. Experience the ongoing celebration of timeless tradition, lively spirits and legendary taste. Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palm Restaurant - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (81)fit for foodies (59)notable wine list (52)romantic (45)good for groups (43)kid-friendly (20)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (15)neighborhood gem (14)late-night find (8)great for lunch (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- dthrift1005VIPDined on 5/16/2014Food was over priced. By the end of our meal it was so loud you could not talk.Special Features:
- Great SteaksRetired1VIPDined on 5/15/2014Albeit the steaks are a bit pricey, but quality and done to order warrants the cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatness achieved... 3 for 3FELLERDined on 5/14/2014Absolutely delicious food. Great steak. Equally as good King Crab legs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family nightYummyDined on 5/13/2014Great for special occasions. Food is wonderful and so is the service.Special Features:
- Wonderful Mother's Day Dinnerdeb57Dined on 5/11/2014We had a wonderful time and dinner for Mother's Day. I had the filet and lobster combination which was superb and Robert had the filet also an excellent choice. We split a couple sides, ordered from wine and shared a dessert of various sorbets. Our waiter was attentive to our needs and always makes us feel special.Special Features:
- Mothers Day 2014MothersDay2014Dined on 5/11/2014This restaurant is exceptional, we couldn't ask for better service and/or service. Would highly recommend this restaurant for 2 - 100 people. Excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousKeithVIPDined on 5/9/2014Great food, especially surf and turf! Service was masterful and attentive, but not intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service, worse response.AceidrainDined on 5/3/2014Ordered med, came rare. Sent back, came charred/well done. Manager was rude and ultimately, I didn't get dinner. I'll never repeat that mistake. Mistakes happen, but that was unacceptable. So rude - don't even want to get into anymore.
- Excellent Service and FoodBevMVIPDined on 4/26/2014Had a very happy birthday experience. Service from Alex was great and the food was very good as always. Cannot wait to return.Special Features:
- LOVEgingerfreakDined on 4/25/2014Love Love Love everything about The Palm! We had a wonderful night celebrating two birthday's and an anniversary! Amzing food and service!Special Features:
- Great as usualTomBVIPDined on 4/20/2014We love The Palm! The BEST Shrimp Cocktail out there. Love the horseradish :)Special Features:
- Wonderful Easter Dinner.CarolVIPDined on 4/20/2014We had a really amazing experience with Bryant our waiter! He taught us the difference between the west coast and east coast Gigi salad. The west coast version is more like a cobb salad. The steaks were perfect. The Macaroni and cheese was wonderful and creamy. The wine list was very nice and they had in stock each of the wines we asked about. The bread plate was kept full and the water glasses were full. We really had a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Dinner at The PalmDinnerDined on 4/18/2014Bar Tenders as always superb. Good Drinks. Food very good. However, prices seem to constantly creep up. Quite expensive. Will not be frequenting as much as in the past due to the 837 Club raising points for rewards and raising minimums to receive Birthday Certificate.Special Features:
- Different with KidsSunbugVIPDined on 4/18/2014We've enjoyed dining at the Palm for years. This was the first time we brought a child. The table size and location were good; the high chair was placed with plenty of room. However, she had no place setting, nor was it offered - no napkin, plate, or silverware. Then, when the very nice gentleman came with water, he asked if he could give our 3 year old granddaughter a styrofoam cup with a straw; and called her Princess, which she loved. We ordered the steamed green beans minus the red pepper flakes, as our Granddaughter loves veggies. She took the first bite and lit up bright red - oops, it had red pepper in it. A manager stopped by and quickly remedied the situation. The server was great and knows how to engage young children.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurant and good service.BartmanDined on 4/9/2014Nice restaurant and good service. An expensive night out but that was expected due to location in a tourist hotel and the #1 tourist destination in America. Steaks were excellent and side dishes very good as well. Large portions for side items are ample for 2 or 3 to share. Plan on spending $60-$80 per person and you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than everPeterDined on 4/9/2014Always had a great steak at The Orlando Palm but on this visit, the steaks were outstanding. Very flavorful and tender and cooked perfectly. Even the sides seemed to be better than ever. It wasn't a special occasion visit, we were just in the area and decided to drop in. maybe that's the secret but whatever, a meal of this quality will ensure that you will always want to come back. Of course, the service is always top of the line too at the table and at the bar.Special Features:
- 17th AnniversaryGolferDined on 4/5/2014Everything about our evening at The Palm was wonderful. Great waiter that I requested...added touch were rose petals on the table for our Anniversary. A very special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!ShaneDined on 4/4/2014From the moment we walked in the door till we left it was a 5 star experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Palms Restaurant.Myluv4foodDined on 4/2/2014No matter what city we are in, the Palms never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2014The Palm (Orlando) is superb. Service is A+++++ and the food is always made to perfection. The entire staff makes your dining experience a pleasure. The Palm is must for any visit to the Orlando areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for Dinner!MartyDined on 3/29/2014My wife and I had an excellent time and dinner at the Palms Restaurant. We went there to warm up befoe the Moody Blues concert this past weekend. Our server Joe was great! He was very attentive and made some excellent recommendations. The manager stopped by twice to see how everything was with our meal and our overall enjoyment of their establishment. Service is definitely top priority at the Palms. The wine list at the Palms is also very good and they even had one of our hard to find favorites - Markham Merlot. The menu has something for everyone, from steaks to seafood to intalian favorites. The Palms atmosphere is lively not stuffy, but it is also refined. Great place to take the family or gang visiting Universal or business meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little dissapointing asOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2014A little dissapointing as i have had better considering the expense.Special Features:
- Palms OrlandoPeanutsDined on 3/25/2014Nice place to take customers and suppliers to dinner. The service is always great at these restaurants. Menus choices are great, known for their excellent steaks and very good quality meats. The quality of their food and service are always very consistent and reliable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Resort SurpriseSemituffDined on 3/25/2014Didn't have the highest expectations with a Universal Studios affiliated restaurant, but was proved wrong. We learned that the restaurant, while located in the Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel, is not part of the hotel or Universal. Service and food were both outstanding.Special Features:
- Special diningDanLinDined on 3/24/2014Diner was excellent as we chose the steak & lobster combo. Time was taken before desert and had the cheesecake also excellent. Visiting Orlando from Baltimore will have to try DC'sPalm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you go...ask for Alex DDolfankat66VIPDined on 3/24/2014Wow we always enjoy the food and the specials... Alex D is a great server and always takes care of us.Special Features:
- Palm hard rockChuckeDined on 3/15/2014Sort of skeptical because of it being in the hard rock Hotel. However oysters were great with extra hot horseradish sauce and our steaks. Tasty and prepared to perfection awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServicesandyDined on 3/10/2014The server were not properly trained or attentive. Dinner for 8 took over 2.5 hours and the restaurant was not packed. Food was very good and presented very well. If we had a decent server, I would recommend this restaurant for most occasions especially large parties. Fun atmosphere but ask for the private dining room.Special Features:
- Always a good mealYisthisVIPDined on 3/3/2014Really splurged at the Palm on this trip. The whole lobster for the table to share was good, though I felt the tail was small for the size of the lobster. The filet and Gigi salad, very good and the sea bass very nice too though I wish they had a more interesting sauce to go with it than just a heavy lemon butter. Brussels sprouts were a little burnt and dried out and didn't sell our friend on the idea that Brussels sprouts can be good. Unfortunately we didn't get dessert as my husband always loves the carrot cake here. Service was good though could have used the water glasses filled a little more regularly.
- Simply DELICIOUS!!!PickyEaterVIPDined on 3/1/2014I had been wanting to dine here for a long time and finally made it. It was absolutely worth the wait! The food was really good and the service was excellent. It looked like they did a nice job for large parties too. I will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Love itFoodieDined on 3/1/2014This is our third time eating here. Once just me and my husband, once with a large group (they have a small room for this) and once with just our family. Always accommodating..always enjoyable.Special Features:
- Spectacular Food and ServiceGoodEaterDined on 2/27/2014Awesome food, and spectacular service. Wait staff was most knowledgeable I have ever seen. Knew the answers to all food and wine questions, and provided excellent descriptions to every food choice. Made custom arrangements to appetizers to create a sample variety.Special Features:
- Disappointing experiencemomandmoreDined on 2/25/2014This is the 4th time we've been to this Palm location. The experience the first 3 times was great. This last time it was not good. For starters, the noise level was overwhelmingly loud to the point that we could barely hear each other yelling across the table. Two of my kids had wanted a primeburger which they had made no problem the last 3 times, including less than 1 month ago. This time, the waitstaff said it had been removed from the menu. I would recommend this restaurant for lunch or an early dinner when it is not at its peak for being crowded and would not recommend this restaurant if you have kids.Special Features:
- Great in Family Friendly OrlandoBigMarcDined on 2/21/2014I found myself in Orlando during President's week in February. Where else to get away from crowds and noise than the Palm. We were celebrating my birthday and the Palm did not disappoint. Everyone enjoyed, especially the birthday boy. My #1 place to go for food and service.Special Features:
- Pleasant surpriseLynnfromGeorgiaDined on 2/20/2014Sometimes, pricey restaurants do not feel "comfortable," but stiff and formal. The Palm was comfortable, the food was excellent and the staff very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best lobster in town!!!EduITBDined on 2/20/2014The lobster, the side dishes and the service was outstanding!!!Special Features:
- Excellent dining and wine;OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/18/2014Excellent dining and wine; great staff of Michael, Ronnie, Christian, and Little Chris, and everyone else!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expect Slow ServiceAshleyDined on 2/16/2014We were there very early (6:15pm) on a Sunday night with a party of 7 (3 kids) and it wasn't incredibly full when we arrived, but it took a full hour after being seated before we had appetizers. Our waitress was friendly (and extremely chatty) at first but then she disappeared for a long period of time before coming to even take an appetizer order.Special Features:
- Great Experience, as Always!SunbugVIPDined on 2/15/2014We tend to order much of the same thing everytime we come...not because we don't like to try new things, rather because we love to get what we love! The food, wine, even dessert are delicious!! Service was also very good. The room was a little tight because extra tables had been brought in for Valentine's weekend. I wasn't wild about that since my husband and I could not sit next to each other like we prefer. Still, it was another nice dinner at The Palm.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as always, Bob'sPalmDined on 2/14/2014Outstanding as always, Bob's service was fantastic. thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.