Jake's - Palm Springs
664 North Palm Canyon Drive
Palm Springs, CA 92262Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Jake's - Palm Springs
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jakespalmsprings.com/
- Phone: 7603274400x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mario Curci
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: Catering is offered on an event by event basis. Please call the restaurant directly for more information.
A word from Jake's - Palm Springs
This hip-yet-casual American bistro serves up fresh, innovative fare and comfort food favorites, along with beverages from a full bar. Dine alfresco in our charming courtyard or sleek dining room. Join us for lunch, dinner, or brunch (served Sat. and Sun.) Takeout and catering available for your next event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Jake's - Palm Springs - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
Jake's - Palm Springs reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (81)neighborhood gem (71)fit for foodies (65)special occasion (53)romantic (47)great for brunch (38)great for lunch (32)notable wine list (21)hot spot (15)good for groups (9)scenic view (8)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- nice food, nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/18/2014had a nice time at an outside table. great service from our waitress (taller blond woman with a sense of humor). would definitely dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great and getting better.Johnny555VIPDined on 4/18/2014Our 5th time at Jakes and it just keeps getting better.Special Features:
- A Nice NightChristopher8000Dined on 4/17/2014The food was very good, and the waiter was fun and provided good service.Special Features:
- Local FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/17/2014Since Jake's opened a few years ago, we continue to enjoy the experience. The food and service are very good. The outside patio is delightful, but if you are 4 people the table feels cramped. We were three people the other night and the table worked perfectly. This is a consistently good restaurant for quality and value for money.Special Features:
- Great food and drinksEastcoastDined on 4/16/2014Last minute reservation through Open Table led to wonderful dining experience. Great table by the window overlooking patio. Lively crowd, but not too noisy. Delicious drinks packed a punch. Try the Acai Basil Gimlet! Had the Tuna Poke and sea bass special, both wonderful. Husband had wedge salad and steak, also good. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jakes is one of ps bestjeremymplsDined on 4/16/2014we have been coming to jake's for years - it is all delicious food, top notch service, great outdoor seating in a cozy, intimate environment. thank you jake's for doing everything top shelf! our favorite for lunch, weekend brunch and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative CuisinesagewoodVIPDined on 4/13/2014We are regulars at this restaurant. They have innovative menus with interesting new twists on dishes. Pleasant atmosphere under the umbrellas on the patio or cozy inside dining make Jake's a winner in our book. Today I dined on a vegetable frittata topped with fresh arugula and heirloom tomatoes, and my mate had a new take on a cubano sandwich topped with an egg that he said was superb. Also one of the best bloody mary's in town! Another of my personal favs is basil crusted bacon....delicious. Go for brunch, breakfast, lunch on an intimate dinner. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service "pet peeves"OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/12/2014Our meal was reliably good, but on our last two visits, two service "pet peeves" have occurred: (1) When the food runner brought our appetizers and meals to the table, he had to repeatedly ask, "Who had the scallops?" or "Who had the filet?" The food runner should know that, assuming the server placed our orders correctly. (2) Although two of us ordered beef, our waiter didn't return to check that it had been prepared properly until our meals were nearly gone. We enjoy Jake's and are likely to return, but we'll be watching for improvements in these two areas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every time we visit Palm SpringsFoody2Dined on 4/11/2014Every time we visit Palm Springs from LA we go to Jake's for either dinner or bunch or both! The food is amazing and cakes are to die for. Never had a bad experience. Make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingTxdinerDined on 4/10/2014My wife wnd I flew in for coachella and picked jakes iff the internet , sans recco, and we really hit the jackpot. The staff was efficient and friendly jot toobmention had our 5able ready 15 minutes prior to our reservationg. The food, I had lamb wnd my wife the meatloaf, were arguably the best versions of each dish we have ever had. A little pricey at $100 for the two of us, although we did have a 3 course meal. Overall it was an outstanding dinner, from food to service to atmosphere. Can't wait to travel back that way soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Hidden SpotPSHotelGMDined on 4/10/2014I manage a small hotel in Palm Springs and had not been to Jakes, guests of mine raved about it and when they left they gave me a gift certificate. I took my best friend, the Executive Chef of another small hotel. It was small and quiant. I liked that even though we were on Palm Canyon, we didn't feel as if we were. It was quiet and not overcrowded. The food was good, I had the Petite Filet & Wedge, meat was cooked as ordered and it was just the perfect serving size. She had a fish dish, which she liked. I'm glad we went, it's kind of out of the way and not a place I would have thought about going due to the many choices there are. I will definately refer my guests to Jake's in the future and I will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been to Jake's many times.RickyBVIPDined on 4/4/2014Been to Jake's many times. It is a favorite and I always give it five stars. This time, something was a little off. Maybe it was the waiter? He seemed nervous and fidgety...or something. Perhaps he was new. The rack of lamb was good, but not over-the-top roll your eyes to heaven it usually is. Carrot cake for dessert just didn't have much flavor. I'm thinkin' this was a "one off" and won't hesitate to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing! Only 1 complaint…OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/3/2014I had the filet mignon which was cooked to perfection and my date had the baby back ribs. Everything was delicious and the atmosphere was romantic. Our only complaint was the horrible table next to ours that was super annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticKristenDined on 4/3/2014We couldn't recommend Jake's highly enough. The scallop appetizer was phenomenal. Their specialty margarita was really good. Awesome salads and unique yummy desserts. If you're contemplating going you definitely should. The atmosphere outside was great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!Rs2centsDined on 4/2/2014We traveled to P.S. to meet another couple for a few days. We tend to enjoy quaint bistro style restaurants and after reading reviews, decided on Jake's. A truly wonderful evening was had by all. Exceptional service, great food, and the most amazing cakes....save room! My husband and I liked our dinner so much, we returned the following afternoon for lunch. A true find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent suggestionJustgreatfoodandwineVIPDined on 4/2/2014A friend suggested we visit Jakes, and from it's name we thought we were in for more typical fare. The outdoor seeing was ideal, the staff incredible and the food even better. Totally worth the visit!Special Features:
- #1 with a bulletJohnny555VIPDined on 4/1/2014This is quickly becoming our favorite restaurant in Palm Springs. This was our third time there since we moved to PS and each visit is better than the prior one. These guys really know what they are doing!Special Features:
- Great spot for brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/30/2014Went to Jake's for brunch with a group of 8 and everyone enjoyed it. Our table was waiting for us on the patio when we arrived, and we had our dog with us, so it worked out great. The brunch menu has a good variety of dishes - something for everyone. The items are all a bit unusual. Between us, we had their version of eggs benedict, BLT, Milanese sandwich, steak and egg sandwich, and cobb salad. None of it was boring - there was a twist on every dish, and it was all very good. The patio was full, and the place was lively, but not overly noisy. Although we didn't try any, the cakes look wonderful and the servings are very large, so we would save some room for dessert next time. We all enjoyed it and will keep it on our list for PS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite breakfast spot!MikeDVIPDined on 3/30/2014We always eat breakfast here on our way home to LA after a weekend in Palm Springs. We've eaten lunch here as well and plan to have dinner on our next trip out. By far, our favorite spot!! Great food... great service... and you have to try a piece of cake... I'll just leave it at that!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rack of lamb was not hot.MichaelDined on 3/29/2014Rack of lamb was not hot. Potatoes were burned and not eatable. Entre was slow in coming and had to ask waiter if it had been forgotten. It was served immediately after asking. We might return for lunch, but not for dinner!!
- Bad fishcanuckVIPDined on 3/29/2014Again a disappointing dinner. I ordered the crispy skin sea bass and indeed, i got mostly skin. The special was also sea bass and people who ordered it got a nice center peice. I guess I got the leftover tail.Special Features:
- Fabulous brunch!!! Jakes neverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014Fabulous brunch!!! Jakes never ceases to be the very best restaurant in palm Springs- we go to jakes as soon as we arrive in palm Springs! !!,,, love, love jakes!Special Features:
- Birthday for my wifeGrollyDined on 3/28/2014All in all Jake's never dissapoints, you are always made welcome, the service is great, food is wonderful and the wine selection is tremendous. I always like to be on the patio, but for our rowdy group of ten, we dined inside and had a truly wonderful evening. We introduced friends to Jake's and they couldn't stop saying thank you the following day. Thank you for making my wife's birthday special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good!MarkNDined on 3/27/2014This unique place is always comfortable and competent. Never been disapointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great find in Palm Springssavannahtraveler2013VIPDined on 3/25/2014smallish, intimate restaurant with an efficient, friendly staff. we were sat immediately upon arrival. ( love Open Table for that) meals were delicious, if not large quantity. will return next year while visiting the desertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the informality of JakesPatrickDined on 3/23/2014Whether you sit at the Bar, the tiny front porch or either of the two small rooms, it's fun. People are chatty and the food is casual chique and fairly priced ..went there three times during the holiday!Special Features:
- Brunch was wonderful. We hadJayBillyDined on 3/23/2014Brunch was wonderful. We had friends in from San Francisco and Long Island. They loved it. It's our favorite restaurant. Taking friends from Chicago there next weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehKevinDined on 3/23/2014I want to love Jake's, because it's close to my house and it occupies a great space, but the food and customer service just never seem to be up to snuff. I get the feeling that the kitchen and/or owners are policy-strict, which doesn't necessarily make for a welcoming environment. Substitutions aren't allowed. Asking questions about an item seem to be discouraged. I love good food, and get excited about it, so I always have a question or two! The serving portions are small enough - and I'm not a huge eater - that I was eating again at home 2 hours laters. Small portions, just OK food and stern waitstaff? Meh.
- Another great meal at JakesBCJPSDined on 3/21/2014My husband and I try to go as often as possible -it's just tough to get in during season. I had the Seafood Pad thai - which was delicious - nice and flavorable with a good bite! He is a vegetarian and had the EggPlant tower which he found delicious. But the real gem were our friends' meals - they had the SeaBass special - which they described as the best SeaBass they had ever had! My only wish - that they had more than two vegetarian options. Otherwise, bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KyleKyleVIPDined on 3/21/2014Great restaurant with two items I always come back for whenever I visit PS- the white sangria and the Miami Vic salad. The outdoor patio is so cute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jakes during spring break 3-14mcatjfDined on 3/21/2014Food and service have always been first rate and excellent. Hostess however is an absolute b-tch. Completely tactless and uncouth. And downright rude. This restaurant thrives on very good food and service. Everyday she remains there it takes a hit. Hopefully the owners will notice too. Can't see her staying there much longer. We will return because once you get past her everything is great. Just hold your nose and smile. There's light at the end of the tunnel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jake's is a true place forluvgoodfoodDined on 3/20/2014Jake's is a true place for foodies...both those who love excellent food and those you love desserts!!! A real star dinning experience!! Whether you love comfort food like meatloaf and mash potatoes or fresh fish .... Jake's menu has something for everyone's taste. Important to say ... leave room for one of their fabulous desserts.Special Features:
- A Palm Springs gemForrestDined on 3/19/2014Lunch at Jake's is always a pleasant experience. The menu is unique, and the outdoor patio is very comfortable. Don't forget to make reservations. It's a busy place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had lunch there. My fishannaDined on 3/18/2014We had lunch there. My fish tacos were good, but my husband's lamb sandwich was just so-so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemPRChickDined on 3/14/2014You really have to make a reservation, especially on the weekends and "in season".Special Features:
- Pleasant cozy patio. VeryBonnieVIPDined on 3/13/2014Pleasant cozy patio. Very good upbeat service. Good variety menu and liked our food a lot.Special Features:
- The pork chop was the bestMattieVIPDined on 3/12/2014The pork chop was the best ever Ribs melted in your mouthSpecial Features:
- DisappointingcanuckVIPDined on 3/7/2014I have eaten at Jake's before and enjoyed it so I returned when A friend wanted to treat me to dinner. This was a truly disappointing experience! My friend ordered the rack of lamb. The chops were separated and with whatever was the side dish, dumped on the plate. It looked very unappetizing and a mess. I ordered sea food pad Thai and it was passable. At that point we decided to have our coffee at home. I am very hesitant to return, but maybe for lunch or brunch.
- One of Palm Springs' GemsDavidVIPDined on 3/7/2014Jakes is a great reliable choice for an excellent meal at any time of the day. The food is great, staff knowledgable and friendly, and always a great overall dining experience for a casual meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uptown Gem!frenchy7Dined on 3/6/2014We sat on the patio on a warm evening. We had rack of Lamb. It was delicious and portions were large. The dessert was their peanut butter fudge pie. OMG! The size of it could have fed a small army. Can't wait to go back end of April withh the kids..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.