Jake's - Palm Springs
664 North Palm Canyon Drive
Palm Springs, CA 92262Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Jake's - Palm Springs
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jakespalmsprings.com/
- Phone: 7603274400x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mario Curci
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: Catering is offered on an event by event basis. Please call the restaurant directly for more information.
A word from Jake's - Palm Springs
This hip-yet-casual American bistro serves up fresh, innovative fare and comfort food favorites, along with beverages from a full bar. Dine alfresco in our charming courtyard or sleek dining room. Join us for lunch, dinner, or brunch (served Sat. and Sun.) Takeout and catering available for your next event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Jake's - Palm Springs - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
Jake's - Palm Springs reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (71)neighborhood gem (71)fit for foodies (59)great for brunch (47)special occasion (46)romantic (41)great for lunch (40)hot spot (24)notable wine list (18)good for groups (14)scenic view (11)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Jake'sjnorcalDined on 5/17/2014delicious food, interesting flavors, charming intimate setting. Did I mention the vanilla cake with caramel drizzle....absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- Yum yum yumOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/15/2014Creatures of habit, we eat at Jake's a few times a month, often weekly. I am addicted to the Miami Vice salad, a generous and perfectly balanced mix of crisp greens, succulent shrimp, capers, goat cheese and avocado in a please-bottle-it homemade dressing. We also always enjoy the sausage ruben, and come to think of it, everything we've had there. The serve is friendly and efficient. We haven't had dessert, but some people go specifically for the larger-than-life "slices" of different kinds of layer cake. We enjoy dinner here too, when the ambiance shifts from casual daytime to warm nighttime.Special Features:
- STILL AMONG THE BESTRESTAURANTGROUPIEVIPDined on 5/14/2014We never tire of going to Jake's. Great atmosphere and service. But it is the food that takes it to another level. Very quaint and intimate, plus you think you are dining in Europe. We love it.Special Features:
- Great but...OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/11/2014I took my mom to Jakes for Mother's Day lunch, because it is one of my favorite restaurants. Everything was great...I just was disappointed they didn't have their regular menu- instead they had a lot of egg- brunch type dishes. Not that it wasn't good, but I will know in the future to ask if they have a special menu or the regular menu, before booking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/10/2014Friendly service by Sean. Good food. Reasonable prices. Ginger Pear Martini is the Best! One of our favorites! No complaints!Special Features:
- PSFoodieDined on 5/9/2014Everything was good, with the exception of the female server. She was more interest in selling drinks, then letting the guests know what that evenings specials were.Special Features:
- A gem in the Uptown No. in P.SDiningdivaVIPDined on 5/8/2014Jake's is a small slice of heaven! A tiny restaurant, tucked behind a busy street, offers a Secret Garden, outdoor dining (as well as a bit of indoor dining.) make your reservation through Open Table because it is very popular & quite small. The food is never ordinary whether you select regular items like the tower of eggplant or striped bass or any of the 3 daily specials. There is a full, well-stocked bar in the garden. The service is reliably excellent. This is a very special restaurant which should not be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dessert!LouleeDined on 5/6/2014We had a very good meal here and would definitely go back again and sit outside next time. The front dining room was a little crowded, but the outside area in the back looked nice. I had the salmon and it was very tasty. The desserts were amazing and huge!Special Features:
- Jakes was perfectionMomsDay2014Dined on 5/3/2014My mother and I had a early Mothers Day dinner at Jakes- the entire experience was excellent, great food, great service, beautiful quaint location- will definitely recommend to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectDesertVIPDined on 5/3/2014Perfect, perfect, always perfect! Perfect food which changes so you do not get bored with the same things. It also changes so when you go for one thing, you can discover a new thing which will thrill you just as much as what you went there for originally. By the way, the coconut cake and the brownie cake are unbelievable and certainly one of the best of their types in the entire US. The service is also always perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentRickyBVIPDined on 5/2/2014Been to Jake's many times. Last review was a little lower than usual. This time, if there were a "six star" rating, Jake's would get it. Unlike several restaurants, the atmosphere is muted - music plays softly. So you can talk with your friends without having to shout. (Has anyone else noticed how many restaurants have started blasting music at you or just been clattery noisy?) The specials offered keep the menu options interesting. Our server was attentive and the food was amazing. We will keep coming back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Favorite Spotsea2sandDined on 4/29/2014Another great meal at Jake's. This place has become one of our favorites in Palm Springs because of the consistently high quality of the food, the personable and attentive (but not too attentive) service, and terrific outdoor dining. The interior courtyard with the wall of ficus hedge, and lit up bar makes it a truly unique spot in the desert. The menu has something for everyone, so it's an easy place to take a small group.Special Features:
- great treatjakiVIPDined on 4/29/2014Eating at Jake's is such a treat. The atmosphere is relaxed, but attentive and friendly. The food is delicious and comes with some special surprise additions that are delectibke and fun. The wine list is very satisfactory, but they also have imaginative and refreshing.Special Features:
- the cakeSfTimDined on 4/29/2014dont leave without ordering a piece of cake one piece will feed 4 or 2 and take the rest homeSpecial Features:
- The BestOldiebutGoodieVIPDined on 4/26/2014Season is over, and the thing I will miss most is JAKES! Best food ever!Special Features:
- Jakes is a a GEM!!!SammyVIPDined on 4/26/2014We have our Winter Cottage in Palm Springs and spend a lot of time there during the cold Toronto winter! JAKES has become our fav spot! Great for lunch and dinner. Friendly fabulous service and excellent food. Make sure it is on your LIST if you are ever in Town.Special Features:
- Great place to take Visitors tolouisodonnellDined on 4/26/2014We like Jake's because of the ambiance the really great menu the drinks are special and the wine is superb we also like to eat alfresco gotta say we love the placeSpecial Features:
- Third time here in a month!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/25/2014Love this place! No complaints! If you make a reservation...please be sure to cancel if you are unable to make it. This is a small restaurant and they truly do hold your table. NOT a place to bring kids.Special Features:
- great place!nelsonVIPDined on 4/25/2014Always love going here. Good food, service and crowd.Special Features:
- One of the best in Palm SpringsuptheorgDined on 4/25/2014In a town with mostly touristy bars and Mexican restaurants, Jakes is definitely a standout with gourmet quality food and friendly outgoing service. Several well-heeled locals were enjoying their meals with us. The menu had a nice selection of fish dishes and I had Chilean sea bass, a special that night. The owner said hello and told us he named it after his dog Jake who had the night off. The triple tier carrot cake beckoned me, but it turned out to be a little dry and uninspiring (hence only 4 stars). The place is a bit too small to give it high ratings on atmosphere, but the garden, where we ate, was nice enough with birds a'chirpin'. Very active feeling around the bar as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a delight!sox2goVIPDined on 4/25/2014Quite simply, I love Jake's! You walk into this charming little oasis courtyard, order a citrusy, refreshing sangria, and instantly feel aaaaaahh! Everyone will find something to love on the menu. MANY somethings! You know....on second thought...don't go to Jake's. I want to keep it a secret.:)Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/24/2014Great food, friendly n efficient wait staff. Prime in town locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining out for AidsOutdoorfoodieDined on 4/24/2014Jake's is always a treat no matter the time of day. The menu is inventive and actually has a taste thats hard to match. Lunch has always been my favorite time as dinner can be hectic when thare is a special event, but everyone on staff pitches in and makes you feel welcomed. The patio is one of my favorites in town.Special Features:
- Charm personifiedPSguyDined on 4/24/2014Tucked down a walkway lies one of Palm Springs' small gems. Managed by the owners, which is always a good sign, the staff always makes you feel welcome and comfortable. A lot of regulars makes this place seem like one big family. Best to make a reservation. The wait staff is terrific. The coconut cake is not to be missed!Special Features:
- Always a pleasurewangmeyerhofferVIPDined on 4/24/2014Over the years, Jake's has just gotten better and better. It's a tough town to win over on a regular basis, and Jake's doesn't really advertise, so they must be doing all the right things. The food is delicious and substantial; the prices are reasonable; the location is central; the drinks are a nice pour; and the people who run it are superb. They also support wonderful causes and are unbelievably generous to the community. And did I say the food was great?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorites......JamesDined on 4/23/2014As always, not only was the food excellent but the service impecable. My out of town guests were impressed.Special Features:
- Palm Springs FAVEJohnMVIPDined on 4/23/2014Fantastic restaurant! Great food! Everything is wonderful!!! Have been MANY times. Never a bad meal! Always great service!Special Features:
- Always ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/22/2014Jake's has a wonderful menu and great wine list. One could order anything on the menu and be impressed with the quality, presentation and overall deliciousness of the meal. The wait staff is friendly and professional. The proprietors really care about the customer experience and make sure it is positive.Special Features:
- Excellent for bachelorette partyJaima17Dined on 4/18/2014We went to Jake's in Palm Springs for dinner on our first night of a Bachelorette Party vacation. The food was delicious, the staff was accommodating, and we had a great time. The atmosphere was fun. We all ordered something different and everyone loved their food. We also tried different drinks and desserts and everyone left satisfied. The owner even agreed to take our group's picture for a memento and they stayed open late for us to finish our meal. Thank you Jake's!Special Features:
- nice food, nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/18/2014had a nice time at an outside table. great service from our waitress (taller blond woman with a sense of humor). would definitely dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great and getting better.Johnny555VIPDined on 4/18/2014Our 5th time at Jakes and it just keeps getting better.Special Features:
- A Nice NightChristopher8000Dined on 4/17/2014The food was very good, and the waiter was fun and provided good service.Special Features:
- Local FavoritefrankofileDined on 4/17/2014Since Jake's opened a few years ago, we continue to enjoy the experience. The food and service are very good. The outside patio is delightful, but if you are 4 people the table feels cramped. We were three people the other night and the table worked perfectly. This is a consistently good restaurant for quality and value for money.Special Features:
- Great food and drinksEastcoastDined on 4/16/2014Last minute reservation through Open Table led to wonderful dining experience. Great table by the window overlooking patio. Lively crowd, but not too noisy. Delicious drinks packed a punch. Try the Acai Basil Gimlet! Had the Tuna Poke and sea bass special, both wonderful. Husband had wedge salad and steak, also good. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jakes is one of ps bestjeremymplsDined on 4/16/2014we have been coming to jake's for years - it is all delicious food, top notch service, great outdoor seating in a cozy, intimate environment. thank you jake's for doing everything top shelf! our favorite for lunch, weekend brunch and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative CuisinesagewoodVIPDined on 4/13/2014We are regulars at this restaurant. They have innovative menus with interesting new twists on dishes. Pleasant atmosphere under the umbrellas on the patio or cozy inside dining make Jake's a winner in our book. Today I dined on a vegetable frittata topped with fresh arugula and heirloom tomatoes, and my mate had a new take on a cubano sandwich topped with an egg that he said was superb. Also one of the best bloody mary's in town! Another of my personal favs is basil crusted bacon....delicious. Go for brunch, breakfast, lunch on an intimate dinner. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service "pet peeves"OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/12/2014Our meal was reliably good, but on our last two visits, two service "pet peeves" have occurred: (1) When the food runner brought our appetizers and meals to the table, he had to repeatedly ask, "Who had the scallops?" or "Who had the filet?" The food runner should know that, assuming the server placed our orders correctly. (2) Although two of us ordered beef, our waiter didn't return to check that it had been prepared properly until our meals were nearly gone. We enjoy Jake's and are likely to return, but we'll be watching for improvements in these two areas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every time we visit Palm SpringsFoody2Dined on 4/11/2014Every time we visit Palm Springs from LA we go to Jake's for either dinner or bunch or both! The food is amazing and cakes are to die for. Never had a bad experience. Make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingTxdinerDined on 4/10/2014My wife wnd I flew in for coachella and picked jakes iff the internet , sans recco, and we really hit the jackpot. The staff was efficient and friendly jot toobmention had our 5able ready 15 minutes prior to our reservationg. The food, I had lamb wnd my wife the meatloaf, were arguably the best versions of each dish we have ever had. A little pricey at $100 for the two of us, although we did have a 3 course meal. Overall it was an outstanding dinner, from food to service to atmosphere. Can't wait to travel back that way soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Hidden SpotPSHotelGMDined on 4/10/2014I manage a small hotel in Palm Springs and had not been to Jakes, guests of mine raved about it and when they left they gave me a gift certificate. I took my best friend, the Executive Chef of another small hotel. It was small and quiant. I liked that even though we were on Palm Canyon, we didn't feel as if we were. It was quiet and not overcrowded. The food was good, I had the Petite Filet & Wedge, meat was cooked as ordered and it was just the perfect serving size. She had a fish dish, which she liked. I'm glad we went, it's kind of out of the way and not a place I would have thought about going due to the many choices there are. I will definately refer my guests to Jake's in the future and I will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.