Jake's - Palm Springs
664 North Palm Canyon Drive
Palm Springs, CA 92262Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Jake's - Palm Springs
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jakespalmsprings.com/
- Phone: 7603274400x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mario Curci
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: Catering is offered on an event by event basis. Please call the restaurant directly for more information.
A word from Jake's - Palm Springs
This hip-yet-casual American bistro serves up fresh, innovative fare and comfort food favorites, along with beverages from a full bar. Dine alfresco in our charming courtyard or sleek dining room. Join us for lunch, dinner, or brunch (served Sat. and Sun.) Takeout and catering available for your next event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Jake's - Palm Springs - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
Jake's - Palm Springs reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (78)neighborhood gem (68)fit for foodies (61)special occasion (50)romantic (44)great for brunch (36)great for lunch (31)notable wine list (21)hot spot (13)good for groups (8)scenic view (8)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Good, Not GreatMikeMcGearDined on 5/30/2014Practically invisible from the street if you have never been to Jake's before. We arrived early on a very warm evening and were seated right away on the patio. We started off with the wedge salad for her and Caesar for me. She ordered the Meatloaf with Sriracha ketchup and I had the Petit Filet as part of the three course dinner special. Her meal presentation was disappointing. The meatloaf arrived as a round loaf that looked unremarkable. My steak tasted fine but was surprisingly fatty. We decided to pass on dessert. Our waiter was courteous throughout, but disappeared after dropping off the bill. We ended up paying at the cash register.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite restaurantRickyBVIPDined on 5/30/2014We look forward to going to Jake's with high expectations. We are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014My sweetheart and I enjoyed the fixed price menu. The scallops were marvelously prepared, and the filet mignon was superb. The waiter was very helpful.Special Features:
- Pleasant ExperienceadeoteriDined on 5/25/2014We tried several restaurants while in Palm Springs. Most restaurants were fairly generic, and not worth the price. Jake's, however, was a very positive, casual experience and we would definitely return. Our food (the swordfish, and sea bass special) was fresh, neatly prepared and well flavored. The restaurant's appeal is its simplicity; classic dishes done well. The coconut cake at the end of the meal was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Find!JoyousDined on 5/25/2014I and two friends (who were first time visitors) had a lovely evening at Jake's. I was ready to go to a local favorite when the concierge at the Marriott Renaissance recommended Jakes. I was sure tot thank him the next day. The ambience reminded me of Europe - small, intimate, quiet and charming. Imaginative menu and drinks - all beautifully served. Definitely will return on my next trip.Special Features:
- Jake's is perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/25/2014I thought I was in Europe. Can't wait to go back. The staff however was much better than Europe. Excellent small menu. Nice little amuse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jakes Palm SpringsmarcopoloDined on 5/25/2014This is a great local neighborhood gem. The food was exceptional, our salads were some of the best we have had. We were sitting outside and it was hot for May in Palm Springs, almost 95 degrees at noon ! But the misters on the patio and umbrellas made it tolerable. Great place for dinner and lunch, reasonable pricing and fantastic food !Special Features:
- AMAZINGOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Had a great time at Jake's. Would recommend to anyone. Great food and great selection. Filet Mignon was superb.Special Features:
- Enjoyablernt2006Dined on 5/24/2014Chose this restaurant to celebrate our wedding anniversary after reading reviews. Did not disappoint. Wait staff attentive. Food and cocktails excellent. We dined outdoors and it was very quaint and intimate. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 563 reviews are from the Jake's - Palm Springs reviews archive.
- Consistantly Good FoodLRReviewsVIPDined on 5/23/2014The food is alway good from the everyday menu to the daily specials. Friendly staff and the owner brings you your check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/23/2014We eat here so often that I have nothing new to say. Love it every time. Thanks guys!!Special Features:
- Jake'sjnorcalDined on 5/17/2014delicious food, interesting flavors, charming intimate setting. Did I mention the vanilla cake with caramel drizzle....absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- Yum yum yumOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/15/2014Creatures of habit, we eat at Jake's a few times a month, often weekly. I am addicted to the Miami Vice salad, a generous and perfectly balanced mix of crisp greens, succulent shrimp, capers, goat cheese and avocado in a please-bottle-it homemade dressing. We also always enjoy the sausage ruben, and come to think of it, everything we've had there. The serve is friendly and efficient. We haven't had dessert, but some people go specifically for the larger-than-life "slices" of different kinds of layer cake. We enjoy dinner here too, when the ambiance shifts from casual daytime to warm nighttime.Special Features:
- STILL AMONG THE BESTRESTAURANTGROUPIEVIPDined on 5/14/2014We never tire of going to Jake's. Great atmosphere and service. But it is the food that takes it to another level. Very quaint and intimate, plus you think you are dining in Europe. We love it.Special Features:
- Great but...OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/11/2014I took my mom to Jakes for Mother's Day lunch, because it is one of my favorite restaurants. Everything was great...I just was disappointed they didn't have their regular menu- instead they had a lot of egg- brunch type dishes. Not that it wasn't good, but I will know in the future to ask if they have a special menu or the regular menu, before booking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/10/2014Friendly service by Sean. Good food. Reasonable prices. Ginger Pear Martini is the Best! One of our favorites! No complaints!Special Features:
- PSFoodieDined on 5/9/2014Everything was good, with the exception of the female server. She was more interest in selling drinks, then letting the guests know what that evenings specials were.Special Features:
- A gem in the Uptown No. in P.SDiningdivaVIPDined on 5/8/2014Jake's is a small slice of heaven! A tiny restaurant, tucked behind a busy street, offers a Secret Garden, outdoor dining (as well as a bit of indoor dining.) make your reservation through Open Table because it is very popular & quite small. The food is never ordinary whether you select regular items like the tower of eggplant or striped bass or any of the 3 daily specials. There is a full, well-stocked bar in the garden. The service is reliably excellent. This is a very special restaurant which should not be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dessert!LouleeDined on 5/6/2014We had a very good meal here and would definitely go back again and sit outside next time. The front dining room was a little crowded, but the outside area in the back looked nice. I had the salmon and it was very tasty. The desserts were amazing and huge!Special Features:
- Jakes was perfectionMomsDay2014Dined on 5/3/2014My mother and I had a early Mothers Day dinner at Jakes- the entire experience was excellent, great food, great service, beautiful quaint location- will definitely recommend to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectDesertVIPDined on 5/3/2014Perfect, perfect, always perfect! Perfect food which changes so you do not get bored with the same things. It also changes so when you go for one thing, you can discover a new thing which will thrill you just as much as what you went there for originally. By the way, the coconut cake and the brownie cake are unbelievable and certainly one of the best of their types in the entire US. The service is also always perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentRickyBVIPDined on 5/2/2014Been to Jake's many times. Last review was a little lower than usual. This time, if there were a "six star" rating, Jake's would get it. Unlike several restaurants, the atmosphere is muted - music plays softly. So you can talk with your friends without having to shout. (Has anyone else noticed how many restaurants have started blasting music at you or just been clattery noisy?) The specials offered keep the menu options interesting. Our server was attentive and the food was amazing. We will keep coming back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Favorite Spotsea2sandDined on 4/29/2014Another great meal at Jake's. This place has become one of our favorites in Palm Springs because of the consistently high quality of the food, the personable and attentive (but not too attentive) service, and terrific outdoor dining. The interior courtyard with the wall of ficus hedge, and lit up bar makes it a truly unique spot in the desert. The menu has something for everyone, so it's an easy place to take a small group.Special Features:
- great treatjakiVIPDined on 4/29/2014Eating at Jake's is such a treat. The atmosphere is relaxed, but attentive and friendly. The food is delicious and comes with some special surprise additions that are delectibke and fun. The wine list is very satisfactory, but they also have imaginative and refreshing.Special Features:
- the cakeSfTimDined on 4/29/2014dont leave without ordering a piece of cake one piece will feed 4 or 2 and take the rest homeSpecial Features:
- The BestOldiebutGoodieVIPDined on 4/26/2014Season is over, and the thing I will miss most is JAKES! Best food ever!Special Features:
- Jakes is a a GEM!!!SammyVIPDined on 4/26/2014We have our Winter Cottage in Palm Springs and spend a lot of time there during the cold Toronto winter! JAKES has become our fav spot! Great for lunch and dinner. Friendly fabulous service and excellent food. Make sure it is on your LIST if you are ever in Town.Special Features:
- Great place to take Visitors tolouisodonnellDined on 4/26/2014We like Jake's because of the ambiance the really great menu the drinks are special and the wine is superb we also like to eat alfresco gotta say we love the placeSpecial Features:
- Third time here in a month!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/25/2014Love this place! No complaints! If you make a reservation...please be sure to cancel if you are unable to make it. This is a small restaurant and they truly do hold your table. NOT a place to bring kids.Special Features:
- great place!nelsonVIPDined on 4/25/2014Always love going here. Good food, service and crowd.Special Features:
- One of the best in Palm SpringsuptheorgDined on 4/25/2014In a town with mostly touristy bars and Mexican restaurants, Jakes is definitely a standout with gourmet quality food and friendly outgoing service. Several well-heeled locals were enjoying their meals with us. The menu had a nice selection of fish dishes and I had Chilean sea bass, a special that night. The owner said hello and told us he named it after his dog Jake who had the night off. The triple tier carrot cake beckoned me, but it turned out to be a little dry and uninspiring (hence only 4 stars). The place is a bit too small to give it high ratings on atmosphere, but the garden, where we ate, was nice enough with birds a'chirpin'. Very active feeling around the bar as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a delight!sox2goVIPDined on 4/25/2014Quite simply, I love Jake's! You walk into this charming little oasis courtyard, order a citrusy, refreshing sangria, and instantly feel aaaaaahh! Everyone will find something to love on the menu. MANY somethings! You know....on second thought...don't go to Jake's. I want to keep it a secret.:)Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/24/2014Great food, friendly n efficient wait staff. Prime in town locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining out for AidsOutdoorfoodieDined on 4/24/2014Jake's is always a treat no matter the time of day. The menu is inventive and actually has a taste thats hard to match. Lunch has always been my favorite time as dinner can be hectic when thare is a special event, but everyone on staff pitches in and makes you feel welcomed. The patio is one of my favorites in town.Special Features:
- Charm personifiedPSguyDined on 4/24/2014Tucked down a walkway lies one of Palm Springs' small gems. Managed by the owners, which is always a good sign, the staff always makes you feel welcome and comfortable. A lot of regulars makes this place seem like one big family. Best to make a reservation. The wait staff is terrific. The coconut cake is not to be missed!Special Features:
- Always a pleasurewangmeyerhofferVIPDined on 4/24/2014Over the years, Jake's has just gotten better and better. It's a tough town to win over on a regular basis, and Jake's doesn't really advertise, so they must be doing all the right things. The food is delicious and substantial; the prices are reasonable; the location is central; the drinks are a nice pour; and the people who run it are superb. They also support wonderful causes and are unbelievably generous to the community. And did I say the food was great?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palm Springs FAVEJohnMDined on 4/23/2014Fantastic restaurant! Great food! Everything is wonderful!!! Have been MANY times. Never a bad meal! Always great service!Special Features:
- One of my favorites......JamesDined on 4/23/2014As always, not only was the food excellent but the service impecable. My out of town guests were impressed.Special Features:
- Always ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/22/2014Jake's has a wonderful menu and great wine list. One could order anything on the menu and be impressed with the quality, presentation and overall deliciousness of the meal. The wait staff is friendly and professional. The proprietors really care about the customer experience and make sure it is positive.Special Features:
- Excellent for bachelorette partyJaima17Dined on 4/18/2014We went to Jake's in Palm Springs for dinner on our first night of a Bachelorette Party vacation. The food was delicious, the staff was accommodating, and we had a great time. The atmosphere was fun. We all ordered something different and everyone loved their food. We also tried different drinks and desserts and everyone left satisfied. The owner even agreed to take our group's picture for a memento and they stayed open late for us to finish our meal. Thank you Jake's!Special Features: