Lark Creek Steak
845 Market Street - 4th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94103Neighborhood:
Downtown / Union Square
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Lark Creek Steak
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.larkcreeksteak.com/
- Phone: 4155934100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:30am - 2:00pm & Sunday 12:00pm - 2:30pm Afternoon Menu: 2:00pm - 5:30pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:30 - 9:00pm Friday 5:30pm - 9:30pm Saturday 5:00pm - 9:30pm Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm Beverage service is available in our bar throughout the day.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ismael Macias
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: FRONT ROW SEATS AVAILABLE Join us for lunch or dinner at our Chef's Counter, where you can take in lively cooking demonstrations by Chef Ishmael Macias and his team of culinarians. Enjoy special "only at the counter" 4-course lunch and 6-course dinner tasting menus - featuring the best of LarkCreek Steak - and served by the chefs themselves. Or, order from the regular menu and just enjoy the show. Reservations accepted; walk-ins always welcome.
- Special Events: Planning a SPECIAL EVENT? Our "Larkspur Room" is the perfect place to host up to 42 guests for a special evening. Arrangements may be made with Beth Brown by calling (415) 593-7100 or by email at BethBrown@larkcreek.com
- Cross Street: 5th Street (4th Floor of the San Francisco Centre)
- Public Transit: Bart and Muni are convenient ways to travel to the Westfield San Francisco Centre. There is an entryway directly into the center at the Powell Street station.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: For your convenience, Westfield San Francisco Centre provides valet parking. The valet is located on 5th Street between Mission & Market Streets (outside Nordstrom). With validation from LarkCreek®Steak, the price for 3 hours is reduced to only $10 dollars. For access to the restaurant, enter the Centre through the doors on 5th Street and walk all the way through the Centre past CocoaBella Chocolates. Use the elevators to access the 4th floor (Dome Level).
A word from Lark Creek Steak
Inspired by the Bay Area's plentiful bounty of fresh products, Lark Creek Steak offers a menu that combines the classic and the new with an abundance of USDA Prime Steaks, fish, vegetable and dessert options to satisfy the palate. Using the best ingredients, Chef Ishmael Macias features seasonally-changing, a-la-carte steakhouse lunch and dinner dishes that are both simply prepared and delicious. You can find samples of our menus by visiting our website.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lark Creek Steak reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (38)notable wine list (26)fit for foodies (22)romantic (20)good for groups (19)great for lunch (17)neighborhood gem (13)kid-friendly (8)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- The meat is oustanding, andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2008The meat is oustanding, and prepared accordingly. The service is top notch. Give this place at least on star Michelin!Special Features:
- Our waiter was great and veryssfsdVIPDined on 5/3/2008Our waiter was great and very funny - his name was James (007)Special Features:
- was an outstanding diningOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/3/2008was an outstanding dining experience. had the best steak dinner on the west coastSpecial Features:
- The waiter "James" was outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/2/2008The waiter "James" was outstanding and made the evening extra speical.Special Features:
- The food was delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/2/2008The food was delicious and the service was fabulous.Special Features:
- I think it is about to replacegchal00Dined on 4/26/2008I think it is about to replace Kincaid's as one of my top favorites. Always a consistent experience. I only wish I came to the City more often.Special Features:
- There were advertisementsOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 4/25/2008There were advertisements on the table like you would find at an Outback. Our waiter was pretty unattentive. While the meat was prepared perfectly, the overall experience wasnt worth the money.
- My mother and I had a reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/24/2008My mother and I had a really nice lunch and a charming waiter. The hostess was very nice and was familiar with special seating needs I had requested. The food was very good. Lark Creek Steak is the best restaurant I have ever encountered in a shopping center.Special Features:
- Steak was excellent, and thepirnhaDined on 4/21/2008Steak was excellent, and the rest of the food was very good. Service was good, although we had to pour our own wine and water during the main course, and our server seemed to go missing for periods of time even though the restaurant was not very crowded.
- Everything was OK withoutOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/21/2008Everything was OK without being outstanding. The steak was on the cooler side of warm when it came outSpecial Features:
- The atmosphere is superb,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/21/2008The atmosphere is superb, food always nicely prepared and the service staff if well trained; efficient, friendly and by all means never stuffy. I have never had a bad experience there, one of my very favorite restaurants in the city.Special Features:
- Don't believe the hype - whileOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/19/2008Don't believe the hype - while this restaurant offers decent, "safe" food, it's not worth the price and doesn't deserve special mention from any reviewing publication. Steaks were average in flavor though reasonably tender, appetizers were relatively uninteresting, and both dessert and wine list were average at best. The prices are on par with other big-name steakhouses in town, but the food and service are nowhere near as good. Head to a different Lark Creek restaurant for better food and service. Won't be returning to this place.
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/19/2008The food and service were just awesome. I was especially pleased that not only did they have a children's menu, but he waiter was incredibly nice to the (very well-behaved) 8-year-old in our group.Special Features:
- The food was absolutely outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/18/2008The food was absolutely outstanding, and the service was very good. Our waiter was personable and helpful and we had no problems whatsoever. It's expensive, to be sure, but absolutely worth it. And the butterscotch pudding is really THAT good. My only complaint is that my friend and I were given a booth rather than a table, and the seats in the booth were extremely uncomfortable. We sunk into the seats and had to struggle to get close enough to the table while we ate. It really impacted my experience negatively. Overall, I would recommend this restaurant, but ask for a table rather than a booth.Special Features:
- One of our favorite placesTravelgemsVIPDined on 4/18/2008One of our favorite places to eat at in the Union Square area. It does have a private room for groups, but we didn't use this area. It also has a great chef's table for individual eating, or couples.Special Features:
- Our server's name is James.ToniVIPDined on 4/18/2008Our server's name is James. He was good. The wood grilled chicken salad was wonderful. The only negative - the Pomegranate Martini was awful. It was made from a flavored liqueur not pomegranate juice.Special Features:
- Outstanding steaks and seafood.TheOldFoodieVIPDined on 4/15/2008Outstanding steaks and seafood. A rarity these days. Has become a favorite for our monthly trips to San Francisco.Special Features:
- Porterhouse was undercookedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/14/2008Porterhouse was undercooked and even raw and cold in some places. Meat was very fatty and not high quality like I'm used to at WolfGangs in NYC and Barclay Prime in Philadelphia. Overpriced also. The only good thing about the night was the calamari. It was fresh and tasted decent. If I'm ever in San Francisco again I would not come here. I brought a client here and was not satisfied at all. I was supposed to go the next night also but canceled my reservation. The steaks in my hotel from the restaurant anzu (hotel nikko) tasted better.
- It was ok but the portionsBuddDined on 4/12/2008It was ok but the portions where small. I was still hungry when I left. The waiter was nice and knowledgable but took to long between visit'sSpecial Features:
- EXCELLENT steak and our waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/12/2008EXCELLENT steak and our waiter was wonderful. We were seated at a two-person table, in between two other tables, and the tables were in such close proximity that we were able to hear their entire conversations and them, ours. It literally felt as though we were sitting at the same table with the people on our left, as they were a mere few inches away from us. A little more space between the tables would be nice. Last time I was here and sat at a booth (larger party) the overall experience was more enjoyable. Still, it's a wonderful restaurant and I'm sure I'll return.Special Features:
- This was our 3rd time there,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/12/2008This was our 3rd time there, first time for dinner and we'd certainly go back, when we have the $! Thanks.
- food was great. our waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/10/2008food was great. our waiter was a bit too nosey, though. he was constantly interrupted our conversations with comments and questions.Special Features:
- It was very nice atmospherechocolatechipcookieDined on 4/8/2008It was very nice atmosphere restaurant. I went to this restaurant for my boyfriend's birthday and when I made a reservation using Opentable, I asked that write "Happy Birthday" on the dessert plate and they did it with cute candle. He ordered steak and mashed potato and he loved both of them. I ordered Caesar salad and ahi tuna and I was so full with Caesar salad and I could not finish ahi tuna. Only little disappointment was ahi tuna could be done better way....it was not really tasty to me. I will try different fish next time! My boyfriend and I had such a great time at this restaurant!!Special Features:
- We waited for a friend forOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/8/2008We waited for a friend for 30 minutes in the bar area. The Bar area is not very comfortable with the large table in the middle and not enough chairs. We sat in a booth which was very comfortable. Overall the service was pretty good - we did have to pour our own wine a few times and we ran out of water on several occasions. The food was excellent and we will return for another meal.Special Features:
- For San Francisco Foodies,OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 4/6/2008For San Francisco Foodies, LCS is at par with a mid-tier restaurant. We were there celebrating a birthday event. Staff was pleasant, although the person showing us to our tabled peeled off without us as we had older, slow moving members in our party. The lighting was poor and the menu is not laid out well. Wine selection fair and pricing as expected. The meat entrees were prepared to everyone's liking at the table, which is not easy to do. Desserts were good, but nothing special. Bill with tip and tax for 4 with only 1 glass of wine...$276. Keep in mind one party had the LCS Traditional Steaknouse Menu for $44.95. This rest of the folks meals were $73/pp. I'd go back again, but probably not any time soon.
- This was my fourth visit andgchal00Dined on 4/5/2008This was my fourth visit and it was a birthday celebration. We were very wel taken care of. The restaurant even comped a dessert for the birthday person. Great Meal.Special Features:
- We have a few food allergiesmpingosVIPDined on 4/4/2008We have a few food allergies (wheat, dairy soy, etc) & the kitchen was extremely accommodating still keeping tru to their excellent recipes. And the waiter was excellent - very knowledgable about the wine list & helpful in getting us fed without worrying about allergies!Special Features:
- The steaks were heaven. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/28/2008The steaks were heaven. The prices were not. Good place, but not sure I would be back too soon. Everything is a la carte. Steaks pricey $30.00-$52.00 per steak. The vanilla cheesecake is to die for!!Special Features:
- Food was good but not quiteDisappointedDined on 3/27/2008Food was good but not quite great. Service was way too slow - we ordered only entres but had to wait 45 minutes to be servered, and it wasn't very busy!
- I always enjoy this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/27/2008I always enjoy this restaurant and would again recommend to friends & co workers. Food is deliciousSpecial Features:
- Very accommodating for a businessOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/27/2008Very accommodating for a business lunch. Waiter was a bit chatty, but all in all exactly what we were looking for.Special Features:
- The food is always excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/24/2008The food is always excellent and the service is first rate.
- we went with as a large group.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2008we went with as a large group. the service was good but the server was a bit too chatty. right when we would get a conversation started he would butt in with questions and it was a bit awkward especially when you dont want the rest of the place to know your business. butterscotch pudding was great. the sauces with the steak were almost unecessary since the flavor of the meat was delicious! i thought i would love the blue cheese butter the best but suprisingly i enjoyed the horseradish steak sauce the best! beet parfait was great. the beef tar tar had too much mustard and you could taste the beef. the panna cotta was a bit plain tasting. choc souffle was awesome. overall good experience 4 the money spent u could go somewhere elseSpecial Features:
- Resturant was fine, food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/19/2008Resturant was fine, food was good, but probably would not go back as it was quite pricey for the kind of restuarant that it is. $180 for two of us (one drink and one glass of wine each). Being in a shopping mall did not help the ambience. Too many other superior resturants in San Francisco for the same price.I have enjoyed other Lark Creek venues more.Special Features:
- Party of 6 with a nice cornerEastBayDinerVIPDined on 3/18/2008Party of 6 with a nice corner table. Menu had a combination of steak-type dishes and some side dishes with a more inventive flair. Our waiter, James made the whole experince by being warm and accomodating without intruding. Definitely will go here again. Wine list was a bit limited but what they had was fairly priced.Special Features:
- I've been there before andOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 3/17/2008I've been there before and I do like the food and ambience. Willie Brown actually sat behind our table this time. One dissappointment this time was that there was no host when we got there. I told one of the wait staff I've a reservation because I want to make sure they check me off from the reservation. He went round and round looking for a host and never even came back to tell us what's going on. After like 4 minutes, another wait person came and seated us without explaining or appologizing for the wait or disorganization.
- The food was excellent, theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/15/2008The food was excellent, the service was not the most outstanding. Our bread plates were left on the table even after we informed the server that we would not be needing any more bread. We were seated at a small table, so you can imagine how crowded it was when they tried to bring out the entree plates with the bread plate still on the table. I would have preferred to have our sides brought out with the steaks, not three minutes after. Also, we had to ask for our jackets to be brought out to us upon leaving. The server should have brought them to us as soon as he picked up the signed check. Other than that, our experience was rather nice.Special Features:
- My waitperson was not as attentivesdj17Dined on 3/15/2008My waitperson was not as attentive as I have come to expect from this restaurant. Another of the staff who remembered me as a return customer took some time to talk with me and even refill my beverages without being asked.Special Features:
- Of the 3 steaks ordered, NONEOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/13/2008Of the 3 steaks ordered, NONE of them were done as requested. They were still good, but not done the way each of our 3 diners requested. We were early, and the host had to point out that we "were way early". He pointed out no way would a table be ready, even though the restaurant was at about 70% capacity. We waited in the bar area at a counter that extended from the bar, and the waitress told us we were 'tweeners' between the bar area and the bar itself, and the bartender would wait on us. He never noticed us, so the waitress took care of us.Special Features:
- My ribeye was fantastic andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/13/2008My ribeye was fantastic and my colleague's filet was great, too. Several others in my party ordered the 8th rib and found it to be too tough to eat, in fact, they all left their meals unfinished. The sides were good. Service slowed dramatically at the end of our meal. Interior: turn down the lights a little bit and it will be more romantic.Special Features: