Lark Creek Steak
845 Market Street - 4th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94103Neighborhood:
Downtown / Union Square
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Lark Creek Steak
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.larkcreeksteak.com/
- Phone: 4155934100x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday Lunch- 11:30 am-2:00 pm
Monday-Friday Dinner- 5:30 pm-9:00 pm
Saturday: 12:00 pm- 9:30 pm
Sunday- 12:00 pm- 9:00 pm
Happy Hour- 4:00 pm- 6:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Aaron Wright
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: FRONT ROW SEATS AVAILABLE
Join us for lunch or dinner at our Chef's Counter, where you can take in lively cooking demonstrations by Chef Ishmael Macias and his team of culinarians.
Enjoy special "only at the counter" 4-course lunch and 6-course dinner tasting menus - featuring the best of LarkCreek Steak - and served by the chefs themselves. Or, order from the regular menu and just enjoy the show. Reservations accepted; walk-ins always welcome.
- Special Events: Planning a SPECIAL EVENT? Our "Larkspur Room" is the perfect place to host up to 42 guests for a special evening. Arrangements may be made with Beth Brown by calling (415) 593-7100 or by email at BethBrown@larkcreek.com
- Cross Street: 5th Street (4th Floor of the San Francisco Centre)
- Public Transit: Bart and Muni are convenient ways to travel to the Westfield San Francisco Centre. There is an entryway directly into the center at the Powell Street station.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: For your convenience, Westfield San Francisco Centre provides valet parking. The valet is located on 5th Street between Mission & Market Streets (outside Nordstrom). With validation from LarkCreek®Steak, the price for 3 hours is reduced to only $10 dollars. For access to the restaurant, enter the Centre through the doors on 5th Street and walk all the way through the Centre past CocoaBella Chocolates. Use the elevators to access the 4th floor (Dome Level).
A word from Lark Creek Steak
Inspired by the Bay Area's plentiful bounty of fresh products, Lark Creek Steak offers a menu that combines the classic and the new with an abundance of USDA Prime Steaks, fish, vegetable and dessert options to satisfy the palate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lark Creek Steak reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (37)notable wine list (25)fit for foodies (21)romantic (20)great for lunch (19)good for groups (18)neighborhood gem (12)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (4)great for brunch (4)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- I always come to Lark CreekOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/7/2014I always come to Lark Creek for special occasions to catch up w/friends. The food, service, ambiance is consistently excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible ExperienceTiffiniVIPDined on 3/5/2014I visit today for lunch with 2 others, we order 2 burgers and the shoppers indulgence. The burgers were mediocre and fries dry, my steak which I ordered rare came medium rare. That's not the best part...... It took 57 minutes for us to get our food during lunch hour, and only 10-12 tables seated, no wait time. The kitchen didn't seem backed up since it's an open floor plan and at the time 3-4 staff members in the area. My dining experience wasn't the best. Hopefully on another day it will be better.
- Nice steak house but expensivejeanrtcoVIPDined on 3/3/2014Everything is ala carte so it adds up to be on the expensive side. Food was good, a little too much butter on vegetables. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thouroughly wonderful experience.ThorDined on 2/27/2014Thouroughly wonderful experience. Maitre D, Waiter, Busboy, Hostess -all very professional and the steaks were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience.AlyssaDined on 2/22/2014It was a very nice place to sit and enjoy one another's company. The food was great and the service couldn't have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh take on steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 2/22/2014Lark Creek not only serves the best steak in town but the sides and sauces elevate the experience. The Dungeness Crab Salad was fresh, light and bright tasting. The Califlower Soup light yet delicately rich. This place is so much more than great steak alone! Very attentive service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksBryAnteaterDined on 2/22/2014Although it takes getting used to going to the mall as a destination, despite the vibrant neighborhood dining scene, we love Lark Creek Steak for the occasional steak splurge. It is easy to get to, moderately priced, generally able to seat on short notice, and appropriately fancy without the sky-high prices of some other options(Alexanders, Harris, Bob's). The Lark Way is a nice option with a wedge salad, smooth mashed potatoes, a New York, and a wonderful desert. The salads are really good, and deserts shine, and the meat is always spot on. Service is excellent, and unlike many SF spots, the noise is not overwhelming, but not sedate. Great for a quick, special dinner when downtown!Special Features:
- amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/21/2014Great kobe style flank steak and eib eye. Very attentive and friendly staff. I forgot I was eating in a restaurant in a mall. Felt like 5 star reatauraunt in a big urban setting. Which I guess it was! :) we got mushroom soup appetizer was sublime. Seriously an amazing dish. Also got pear crumble for dessert. Yum. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing!2forever1VIPDined on 2/16/2014I have eaten at this restaurant before and had an enjoyable experience. My last visit, however, was a great disappointment. Before making my reservation, I called the restaurant to see if they could accommodate my vegan guest. I was assured that they could do that. Upon arriving, my vegan guest was told that a hot entree was out of the question; the only thing they could do was modify a salad. The server was not too pleased to do that. After that, the dining experience went down hill very fast with poor service and mediocre food. I would have chosen another cafe had I been told that Lark Creek was not vegan accommodating (I am shocked that they have that attitude in S. F.) and sad that the server further ruined the dining experience.
- POSITIVE EXPERIENCEROBERTVIPDined on 2/15/2014LARKCREEK IS A REALLY GOOD RESTAURANT. THE FOOD IS SUPERB AND THE SERVICE IS VERY GOOD. JEFF, OUR WAITER IS ALWAYS ACCOMODATING AND PERSONABLE AND ATTENTIVE AND HIS AUXILIARY HELP IS RIGHT ON TARGET.Special Features:
- Good food, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2014We enjoyed the food! The service was lacking. We were there for lunch on a Saturday. It wasn't very busy but we had to ask twice for condiments for our burgers (should have automatically come with burgers). Had to watch for & flag down staff to get our bill
- OutstandingRagwomanVIPDined on 2/15/2014We met with friends and the staff was so nice and professional...food was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been dining here for yearstegreviewsVIPDined on 2/15/2014Been dining here for years and now when you order a glass of champagne....(use to be a 5 to 6 oz pour). Now with new flutes, is less than a half a flute ( like Michael Mina)....when asked about it to the server, it's the new flutes. Went home to measure my reidel's...guess what ! It's a 3 oz. pour...too expensive for a glass of Schramberg @ $13.50...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I expected too much I guess....DianaDined on 2/14/2014First, the parking was a hassle, but hey, it's S.F. so I expected that. We got to the restaurant inside the mall, and that was weird but ok. Reservations got us right in, which I appreciated. And then, it went downhill fast. Our server was kind of.. Lackluster. She seemed bored and sort of like she really didn't care to be there. Then the menu was sort of short, with many options to share. We opted for the 32oz shareable steak, which to my eye was not 32 oz, and had to pay extra for two sides which were shared. The steak was ok but was kind of bland, and the sides were no bigger than the palm of my hand, which was not enough to share. For an end total of $145 (+30 tip) I was not full or satisfied, and no validation either. I won't return.
- Delicious steakFoodiemomDined on 2/14/2014We enjoyed a delicious Valentine's steak dinner at Lark Creek. Our waiter was friendly and very attentive and the food was delicious. We shared the creamed spinach, biscuits and whipped potatoes with our petite filets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedValentinoDined on 2/14/2014Based on the descriptions of the menu items we had, the truffle burger and the butterscotch pudding in particular, my expectations were not met . Taking into account the price of the truffle burger and the wine by the glass we ordered, there was a considerable value mismatch. In particular, the wines were good, but the serving seemed to be somewhat small. It should be noted that our waiter was quite good and attentive whenever needed. The ambience was nil.
- Outstanding FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/13/2014Consulted OpenTable for some steak houses in San Francisco Union Square area and found Lark Creek Steak House. We were only in the city for 3 days and this was by far the best meal we had. Filet's were perfectly cooked and seasoned. The whipped potatoes had crispy onion strings on top with chives, a tasty twist to the basic mashed. On the season menu were Roasted Brussel sprouts with applewood bacon and hazelnuts, which were amazing, even if you aren't a huge fan of Brussel sprouts, you will love these. Definitely plan to revisit Lark Creek on my next trip to Union Square.
- Upscale Shopping Center Diningcharlie8111VIPDined on 2/13/2014Chose this place because of its location in the City Centre Mall for convenience, as I was meeting my spouse there. We were pleasantly surprised by the sedate décor, great service, and food. We both had the NY steak fixed price special, which included wedge salad and a dessert. All the dishes were excellent, particularly the steak, which was cooked to perfection. Great wine list, with a variety of well thought-out wines at a reasonable price. Our server was very knowledgeable and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Park to LarkRoseguyDined on 2/12/2014From convenient valet parking outside Nordstrom's to Lark Creeks memorable 'prime' New York steaks, the experience is consistent. The display kitchen, watching the cooking and prep, set the tone. Wine selections are varied and there is something for most budgets. Our server, when asked, provided a solid recommendation in the variety I proposed. Salad, hot briskets, steak, wine, desert, coffee & good service. It doesn't get better than that. This is a special place and I can highly suggest it to folks. This is not an inexpensive restaurant but in my opinion, a fair value when all things are considered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe Best Steak House in the City?BerkeleyBobDined on 2/5/2014This was NOT my first rodeo here. This past week marked what is likely my 20th visit to this beautiful, amazing restaurant. My friend has been to every OTHER good steak house in SF but it never occurred to him a great restaurant could be situated in a mall. So let's get that out of the way. Yes it IS in a mall; but YES the food and service is spectacular and worth a dedicated trip. Everything from start to finish was superb, and we both marveled at the artistry with which our server meandered in and out to present and take away certain items in the most unobtrusive manner we'd ever experienced. And GREAT, hip, NY chic ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a nice surprise in downtown!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/1/2014I have come to enjoy going to the Lark Creek for dinner when at meetings and conventions in downtown SF. Sitting near the top of a high end shopping center, the ambience is very much restful, romantic, and relatively quiet. The menu is especially good for steaks, and on Sunday and Monday - prime rib. The selections are prepared just as requested. The wine list is quite good. The service is top-notch. I have had the same waiter on several occasions and he is outstanding - looking after every need and at proper timing without being intrusive. This week they have a Dungeness crab specials, which I didn't try, but might have if I were staying longer in SF. Prices are high but not in the more traditional high end steak chains way!Special Features:
- steaks were cooked perfect!tigerjbDined on 2/1/2014steaks were cooked perfect! brussel sprouts were amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had the steak salad. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/31/2014I had the steak salad. The steak was excellent but there was hardly any salad and what salad their was was drenched in dressing. The poor service was really disappointing. Our waiter was uninterested and unattentive and the restaurant wasn't even that busy. We must have done something to annoy him.
- Super place for lunchNoraVIPDined on 1/31/2014It was another nice lunch for me. I brought my sister here for the first time and she was very impressed with the great service and delicious dine-about-town lunch with the cream of cauliflower and ny steak salad. We had the dessert mini-latter and it was scrumptuous.Special Features:
- excellentfoodluvrDined on 1/27/2014I brought my boyfriend for his birthday and we both have agreed that everything was outstanding. We will most definitely be coming back for special occasions in the future. Thank you all for a wonderful first experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was sub-parOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/25/2014Our group of six decided to take advantage of Dine About Town here and were disappointed by the service. Bus boys and service in general was fine but our server was inconsistent and distracted. We had to ask for bread when tables seated after us had already received ours, had to ask for our drinks three times before they arrived, and had to ask to order more drinks! Any server notices that immediately since that's one of the easiest ways to keep your guests happy and the bill increasing! We left the bare minimum tip out of courtesy but he really didn't deserve it. Food was decent; service made our experience worse.Special Features:
- Dine about Town a bit limited hereDoctorMadgeDined on 1/25/2014The menu was quite limited (only New York Steak for the quoted price of $36.95) and they got rid of the baked potato so you're eating very small scoop of mashed potato. The vegetable was a handful of clantro thrown on the plate. It wasn't as good as before. It ended up being expensive with the bottle of wine recommended by the waiter.Special Features:
- Good steakRDforSFDined on 1/25/2014A great place to find a steak when you're ready to eat a hearty meal. Be prepared to pay for it but the chef did deliver and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food and excellentMileKingVIPDined on 1/24/2014Very good food and excellent service. Steaks cooked just right. Outstanding whipped potatoes. Nice wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Burger in San FranciscoDealmakerVIPDined on 1/22/2014The burger and chopped salad lunch special was great.This was one of the best burgers I have had in a long time.Cooked rare as requested.Special Features:
- Worth further dining!NoraVIPDined on 1/21/2014This was my first time at the restaurant. It's very spacious and elegant. The cream of cauliflower soup was so excellent; the NY steak salad was incredible. I wished I was able to spend more time lingering over a bigger meal but didn't have time but it was enough for me to come back here another time to do it justice. I would recommend it.Special Features:
- Best Steak Around TownHappyVIPDined on 1/18/2014Wonderful food and service. A first class restaurant - worth seeking out on the 4th floor of downtown shopping center.Special Features:
- The ribeye steak ($55) wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/12/2014The ribeye steak ($55) was significantly over priced for the quality. It was more along the lines of a $20 steak served at a neighborhood diner. Pass on this place (suggest they change the name......it is not a steak restaurant).
- Pretty average steak experienceProfessionaleaterVIPDined on 1/12/2014Service was pretty average and waiter didn't help with wine, assumed I would not need the wine list and didn't have the half bottle I wanted so I had a beer instead. The beef started out good, but the fat "flare up" flavor came through too much, otherwise decent steak cooked properly rare. I had the Little Gem wedge salad which was totally skimpy on the bacon and blue cheese. For a steak restaurant this is just lame, so easy to get right. I dined by myself and I pretty much don't need to return, there are too many other better places for the money.
- Ordered the roast beef andPeterVIPDined on 1/11/2014Ordered the roast beef and Gruyere - it was cold. Was told that because I ordered it medium rare it would be. The offered to replace it - I did not - but probably should have. I was not a fan of that sandwich. I always get the burger and it's always awesome.Special Features:
- Great Food, Ok ServiceCristinaDined on 1/10/2014The food was very tasty. The service was ok but not great. For the price of the food, you get plenty. The steak was cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/6/2014Outstanding appetizers, good wine, knowledgeable waiter. My New York steak was somewhat tough but my guests enjoyed their file mignon and rib-eye steaks . I had a great lunch there previously and would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Theatre DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/5/2014If you don't want to spend a lot of time on a meal before the Theatre but want an elegant meal before your event this is a great place to go.Special Features:
- The bar is a great place afterOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/4/2014The bar is a great place after work - good food, good drinks. I'd give the dining room a top rating if they'd allow a diner to order from the bar menu, which they won't do. So if one diner doesn't want to spend a lot/eat a lot, the options are limited in the dining room. The steak tartar and the baked oysters at the bar are wonderful!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding steaks, fantasticHLDYDined on 1/1/2014Outstanding steaks, fantastic desserts. Whenever we are in SFO we will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.