1054 31st Street, NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.seacatchrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2023378855x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday from 11:30pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday from 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Bar: Monday - Saturday opens at 5:00 pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday from 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
CLOSED ON SUNDAYS
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For your next special occasion, enjoy the best in Washington DC Catering at the Sea Catch Restaurant. With our flexible venue speace and professional services, your unforgetable event is in thoughtful and experienced hands. Diverse and Flexible, the Sea Cath Restaurant is here to serve your individual needs.
- Special Events: Private Dining from 10 - 300 guests
- Cross Street: M Street
- Public Transit: The closest Metro is Foggy Bottom and Rosslyn on the Blue Line. You then can take the Georgetown Connector for $1.00 to M Street and 31st.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: 3 hours complimentary parking with validation in designated garage (Constitution Parking). Located right next door to us on 31st Street.
A word from Sea Catch
Experience Georgetown's hidden gem! Located in Canal Square (M St and 31st St), set gently back off of the hustle and bustle of the main road, along the C&O canal, the Sea Catch is one of the oldest seafood restaurants in Georgetown. Request a cozy table near one of our two stone fireplaces or enjoy al fresco dining along the water. Sea Catch is proud to serve only the freshest seafood and has one of the largest Raw Bars in Washington DC, which serves an array of East and West Coast oysters. Dinner Specials change daily to take advantage of the freshest produce available. compliment your dinner with one of our wines featured by the bottle or glass. Enjoy $1 OYSTERS AND HALF PRICE DRINK SPECIALS DURING HAPPY HOUR, Monday through Friday from 5:00pm to 7:00pm. Celebrate Holidays and Special Occasions with a gift certificate from Sea Catch.*SEASONAL OUTDOOR PATIO SEATING!* (available on a first come, first serve basis)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Sea Catch - Best Restaurants in Georgetown ›
Sea Catch reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (60)romantic (54)special occasion (52)scenic view (51)neighborhood gem (38)fit for foodies (26)great for lunch (16)notable wine list (14)good for groups (14)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (4)great for brunch (4)Show More
- A wonderful seafood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/5/2008A wonderful seafood restaurant and a nice break from all the chains that have taken over in the area. The calamari was done to perfection and so fresh. We will return soon.Special Features:
- The restaurant is tucked awayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/5/2008The restaurant is tucked away down a quiet alley in Georgetown. It was nice the attire is casual since we weren't able to change out of our tourist clothes before dinner. The wine list was disappointing so we had beer - which is a poor selection as well. The crab puffs were excellent but the steamed mussels had a lot of sand in them and didn't look to be cleaned well. However, the crab stuffed trout was excellent! The raw bar looked great but neither of us like raw shellfish. The serivice was good but we had to ask to be seated near the windows to enjoy the view.Special Features:
- It was mass production. FoodMugsyVIPDined on 3/29/2008It was mass production. Food was just fair. Our meal did not get complete, and the onion rings came in a bowl after the meal was finishedSpecial Features:
- Good food, great oyster bar.LvgrahamDined on 3/29/2008Good food, great oyster bar. I love my seafood and I was not disappointed.Special Features:
- Really great food, nice ambience.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/26/2008Really great food, nice ambience. Would definitely return. Great for special occasions!Special Features:
- Wonderful ambience and excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/25/2008Wonderful ambience and excellent service. Food was very good.Special Features:
- The food was outstanding andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/22/2008The food was outstanding and the environment was great!Special Features:
- We experienced very poor service.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2008We experienced very poor service. We had to remond the waiter to get our appetizer - dozen raw oysters. We could see them at the bar - they had sat there for 15-20 minutes. Though he poured the first round of drinks, we had to get up to get our bottle, which was not situated near our table, to serve ourselves our second round. We asked for a second bottle of wine and that took FOREVER... Sorry to say we will not return.
- A bit expensive but very wheechairOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/20/2008A bit expensive but very wheechair accesible and friendly. Our waitress, who we had before, was terrific. And I LOVE the free parking!!
- Quality food and attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/19/2008Quality food and attentive and friendly service; a bit loud (for a 2X business dinner), but good for groups; quality, ambient barSpecial Features:
- I enjoyed my experience soOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/19/2008I enjoyed my experience so much, I am planning a birthday dinner there! This is definately on my top 5 restaurants!Special Features:
- we asked for a quiet spotBeccaDined on 3/18/2008we asked for a quiet spot (our children are 2 and 3 and NOT with us) we were seated at a table next to the bar all requests to move are ignored I wasn't impressed.
- Outstanding crab cakes. ExcellentguestVIPDined on 3/18/2008Outstanding crab cakes. Excellent house dressing. Good bread. "Skinny" mirrors in women's restroom!Special Features:
- Sea Catch is one of our favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2008Sea Catch is one of our favorite places. The staff is efficient, attentive and very friendly. Dining here is a good reason to go into the District.Special Features:
- We went there mainly becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2008We went there mainly because they had a special menu for Valentine's Day, and they had room. The food was quite good, and we didn't feel rushed as we have at other restaurants on V-Day. A bit pricey, but worth it.Special Features:
- The food was great. The staffOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2008The food was great. The staff is very customer friendly. I would recommend for this restaurant for the romantic scenary.Special Features:
- On the cold winter nights,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/26/2008On the cold winter nights, ask to be seated near the fireplace. Nice and cozy, with great food and a warm ambience.Special Features:
- I usually don't spend thatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/18/2008I usually don't spend that much time in Georgetown, but it looked like a good choice for a Valentines day dinner a couple years back. I remember my date and I were sat about four feet from the next table; not very private/romantic. I cant remember the food being that exceptional, probably because we sort of crammed in there. The waitstaff was good..the garage, valet was on a very steep incline which is the case in alot of establishments in the Georgetown area, but is challenging for a 5speed. I think I left some rubber back there at Sea Catch that night. If I ever do find myself at Sea Catch again I would want to check out their bar area which was very large and lively.Special Features:
- The best lobster I have everOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/6/2007The best lobster I have ever had. It's pricey, but done very well. Thanks!Special Features:
- I dined at Sea Catch for restaurantGinMartiniGirlDined on 8/7/2007I dined at Sea Catch for restaurant week and was thoroughly disappointed. Only three entrees were listed however when I ordered I was told only two of the three were actually available. I inquired if another selection was being offered in its place and I was told no and I needed to select from the two selections available. Upon further questioning if I could perhaps choice something of equal value from the regular menu my request was denied. All else was acceptable but based on their contempt for diners ordering from the restaurant week menu I would not dine there again. Restaurant week is my way of finding new restaurants that I would come back to on a regular basis. Sea Catch is on my list of "Never Again".
- THE place for oysters on theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2007THE place for oysters on the half shell! Great fresh selection of oysters and wonderful early specials on them!Special Features:
- It was in the fall or winter,OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/16/2004It was in the fall or winter, and we got a great table near the fireplace, very cozy. We went during a Restaurant Week and had a dinner with several courses and wine pairing. Everything was very good, and I would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- worst I have ever been to.morpheoushDined on 3/22/2001worst I have ever been to. Apparently they have changed their name now. I still would never go back. slow service, toss the food down on your table, and run is not service. Giving lip about a charred and burnt supposedly medium filet was the most ridiculus response I had ever seen