1507 Queen Anne Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eatatbetty.com/
- Phone: 2063523773
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Wednesday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Craig Serbousek / Jesse Thomas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Betty
Much like her sibling down the hill, Betty serves a rotating menu of bistro-style food using seasonal ingredients. We are centrally located amongst the trendy businesses along Queen Anne Avenue's bustling business district - step inside to our inviting yet eclectic and sophisticated atmosphere, featuring art by Bay Area artist, Judah Thomas. The restaurant offers seating in either our dining room or at the chef's counter where you can watch our talented chefs at work. Betty also has a full bar and lounge and a superb wine list with values from around the globe. Reservations are recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Betty - Best Restaurants in Queen Anne ›
Betty reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (52)fit for foodies (34)special occasion (18)romantic (11)notable wine list (8)good for groups (6)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (5)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Scrumtrilescent!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2012We had the chicken and risotto and both were delicious! Also started with the tortilla soup which was delightful and lacking the heart-burn causing acidity that usually steers me away from tomato based soups. In conclusion, yum yum yum yum yum!Special Features:
- Food was wonderful, excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 6/30/2012Food was wonderful, excellent flavors combinations. Great service.Special Features:
- Housemade ingredientsOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/23/2012Known for their Steak Frites and their Chicken, this neighborhood gem makes everything from scratch. The Betty Burger is the best burger in Seattle, with housemade ingredients and fries that are to die for! Informal atmosphere with outstanding food; try sitting at the food bar.Special Features:
- Upon arrival, loved the atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2012Upon arrival, loved the atmosphere and look of the restaurant. We received excellent service and the food delicious!Special Features:
- Skip the main coursesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/20/2012Starter courses and deserts were the high points. The tortilla soup, grilled octopus and fava bean falafel were fantanstic. The banana crepes and rhubarb pie were very tasty. The main courses were poor to fair. The lamb ragout and ribeye stake were way too salty. One needed several glasses of water to make it through the dish.
- Great happy hour menu withcwitterVIPDined on 6/8/2012Great happy hour menu with delicious drinks and food.Special Features:
- Great dinner with my big family.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/7/2012Great dinner with my big family. Thank you for a nice evening.Special Features:
- Great place to go for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/6/2012Great place to go for dinner or happy hour. Cocktails were very good, I had the burger (amazing) and wife had the chicken, she couldnt stop talking throughout the meal about how great it was. Also our server Rachel was top notch, very knowledgeable and friendly. A really nice first experience here overall.Special Features:
- I've always liked Betty's.CurtDined on 5/19/2012I've always liked Betty's. With it's simplified menu, they can concentrate on making a limited number of dishes outstanding.Special Features:
- Come for the food, not the ambianceIvanDined on 5/12/2012The money here goes for the food, not the decor. They have concentrated on a short set of menu items, very well prepared and partnered with a fine wine list. Friendly service, fine food and the peanut butter and chocolate cake dessert will bring us back. Decor and ambience are upscale coffee-shop, but don't let that stop you. At least one vegetarian entree on the the menu. Recommended.Special Features:
- thought it was ok. will probablyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/5/2012thought it was ok. will probably not go back. food was just ok. the pork tenderloin and roast chicken was delicious. the accompaning sides, a couscous and asparagus were not. service was good. too many other better restaurants to choise from in seattle.
- Because the menu is small,LeslieDined on 5/5/2012Because the menu is small, it's easy to pick from the delicious dishes. Wine list is similar with a small but appropriate and affordable selection of wines. We never feel rushed so we reguarly choose Betty when going out with friends.Special Features:
- I'd heard Betty was a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/4/2012I'd heard Betty was a great restaurant, and the food was delicious. We waited a considerably long time for a waiter to come to our table and finally pulled the hostess aside to ask if someone would be helping us. Our waiter said he "didn't realize we were in his section" - a little annoying, but he was very apologetic and took good care of us for the rest of the evening, so not a big deal. Things like that happen, and ultimately, we had a great dinner, the dessert was awesome, and I would come back for sure.Special Features:
- Our meal was very nice. ButybhseattleDined on 5/1/2012Our meal was very nice. But the service was slow. We ordered a cured meat platter and waited 30 minutes. We were told they had to cut it!! Dinner for 3 took 2-1/2 hours. My halibut was very fresh and nicely prepared.Special Features:
- Betty is a great spot forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/30/2012Betty is a great spot for dinner if you have a reservation, I brought people there that had never been before, I think they enjoyed themselves for the most part although for some reason the service on this night was quite slow. Food was great, wait staff was good. I will go back but not with this group. A little disapointing.Special Features:
- Our Neighborhood TreasureOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2012We've been a Betty fan ever since it opened on Queen Anne. As regulars, we are always treated "specially," and made to feel warm and welcome. The food is lovely, if rich. Local/seasonal fare is always on the menu.Special Features:
- Went to Betty for the firstOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2012Went to Betty for the first time before the Coldplay concert at the Key - could not have been a more perfect way to start the night! Food was awesome, the staff was very aware of the clock to ensure we got to the concert on time... great location, great food, great people. What else can you ask for! Definitely will come back again!Special Features:
- Such a spectacular dining experiencOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/22/2012From the moment we were greeted, it was an incredibly warm, relaxed, and special dining experience. We will come again.Special Features:
- No nobody noticed usOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/21/2012We were sat at a reserved table right away...unfortunately we waited over 15 minutes for a waiter to acknowledge us, so we ended up leaving for a place across the street, where we were greeted, given water and our drink order taken in five minutes. (which was super fast-- my expectations are not this crazy!)It seemed like it could be a good place, but we didn't have the time or patience to sit there wondering if we had a waiter as the tables around us were served. Oh well!
- always consistent and theArloDined on 4/19/2012always consistent and the food very good. And not just that is a neighborhood placeSpecial Features:
- We went knowing noting aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/18/2012We went knowing noting about Betty and left determined to return. Splendid experience: excellent food, friendly and prompt service, comfortable ambiance. Hurray!Special Features:
- Hit and Miss...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/1/2012Have dined here many times with a wonderful experience...this time however was not impressive: the hostess greeted us with a dazed and confused expression when looking up our reservation, the food was unusually long in getting out--35 min--the server had to buy us deserts to apologize. Very odd as it was at approximately 45% capacity. So I would have to say it was not a good experience his go round.
- A bite of heaven!SurveyDocVIPDined on 3/25/2012We were in Seattle for a show, it was Restaurant month and I picked Bettye because my mom's name is Betty! Boy am I glad we did! The exterior is an ordinary storefront,the interior not much fancier. I started the 3 course tasting menu with a warm Parmesan pudding. it was served with crispy bread, a dollop of fresh pesto and roasted red peppers. It was perhaps one of the best things I have ever eaten! It was all I could do not to moan out loud. It was that wonderful. Every bite a warm, slightly tangy bit of heaven with the contrast of the pesto, amazing! To be honest the pork roast I had after that was a poor runner up in deliciousness , although It was very good. Dessert,grapefruit panna cotta,I was in heaven again! Try this place out!Special Features:
- Went for St. Patrick's Day;FrequentDinerVIPDined on 3/17/2012Went for St. Patrick's Day; had their corned beef special...very good! One member of our party had the steak Frites and said it was great! Betty's is a great neighborhood restaurant and we always enjoy our experience there!Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/17/2012Had a great time here with a out of town work group! The server was very knowledgeable about the menu and beer/wine list. She made great recommendations. It was packed, but they seated us right away with our Open Table reservation. Everyone really enjoyed their food and agreed that the ambiance was great.Special Features:
- The pork with cabbage andOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/17/2012The pork with cabbage and apples was way too salty.
- There were a group of us,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/11/2012There were a group of us, we each had something different, and everything was outstanding in presentation and flavor...much sharing around the table!Special Features:
- New Queen Anne FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2012We live up on Queen Anne and I have passed by Betty quite a few times, but it took us awhile to finally visit - now I am sorry it has taken us so long! It was a fun night out with our friends, I love the lamb shank - it melted in my mouth, great wine and good service. Betty is a new favorite of mine on Queen Anne.Special Features:
- Good and ample food at good2francophilesDined on 3/8/2012Good and ample food at good prices. Friendly service, busy atmosphere. Nice informal vibe.Special Features:
- Food was very good. ServiceJacquesOfHeartsVIPDined on 3/7/2012Food was very good. Service was friendly, but very slow on this occasion.Special Features:
- Main entry is terrible. WalkedKnute000Dined on 3/6/2012Main entry is terrible. Walked past restaurant two times before we found it. Its poorly lit and blocked off from the restaurant by a large curtain. Boy, someone needs to work on that as I suspect a lot of folks just keeping walking. 20 for $20 bottles of wine was a real plus. Also, very impressed with the pork loin. Not overly cooked and almost looked like lamb. Desserts, were nothing to write home about.Special Features:
- We went to Betty's as partOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/4/2012We went to Betty's as part of the Dine around Seattle promotion and were warmly received with my one-year old granddaughter. The food was varied, delicious and amply portioned. The wine/beer/cocktail selection was well-planned. We had a wonderful time, including my previously mentioned granddaughter, and will certainly return again!Special Features:
- Great seasonal menu. GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/14/2012Great seasonal menu. Good energy in the room. Stop by on Tuesdays for a selection of 20 wines for $20 each.Special Features:
- The lady wait person mustOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 2/11/2012The lady wait person must have been busy, a bit slow, and no conversation to let us know what was going on.
- Very slow and indifferentShogenDined on 2/9/2012Very slow and indifferent service even though it was early dinner hour and not many patrons at this time. Food was just okay, not much flavor, sorry.
- Great food, good service,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/4/2012Great food, good service, nice treat out for the neighborhood venture.Special Features:
- Very good selection of smallOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/21/2012Very good selection of small plates. A nicely developed wine and beer selection, particularly on-tap beer. A nice option for the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Short menu that may not provideOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/21/2012Short menu that may not provide enough variety for some tastes - however exactly as shown on web site with two specials added. Rather bare decor. Service attentive and timely - although it was quiet when we arrived and as we left it was busy and service might be stretched. Food quality appropriate for price level. We were lucky to grab a parking space outside - later in the evening that could be a hassle.
- Betty, and its sister restaurantliquidvoyageVIPDined on 1/14/2012Betty, and its sister restaurant Crow, have a wonderful, rotating, seasonal menu. Service is friendly. Staff is knowledgeable. Vegetarian options are generally limited to one entree and some share plates.Special Features:
- Great food -- stopped by forOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/14/2012Great food -- stopped by for a pre-opera dinner. Casual elegance -- felt quite at home in our opera attire. Friendly and attentive wait person. Reccommend!Special Features: