1507 Queen Anne Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eatatbetty.com/
- Phone: 2063523773
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Wednesday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Craig Serbousek / Jesse Thomas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Betty
Much like her sibling down the hill, Betty serves a rotating menu of bistro-style food using seasonal ingredients. We are centrally located amongst the trendy businesses along Queen Anne Avenue's bustling business district - step inside to our inviting yet eclectic and sophisticated atmosphere, featuring art by Bay Area artist, Judah Thomas. The restaurant offers seating in either our dining room or at the chef's counter where you can watch our talented chefs at work. Betty also has a full bar and lounge and a superb wine list with values from around the globe. Reservations are recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Betty - Best Restaurants in Queen Anne ›
Betty reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (49)fit for foodies (33)special occasion (13)romantic (11)notable wine list (8)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (7)good for groups (6)great for outdoor dining (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great restaurant, great serviceseattlecDined on 5/17/2014I've been here twice and both times everything has been excellent - food, beverages, service, atmosphere. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- The Pan Roasted ChickeniheartdiningoutDined on 5/15/2014Is delicious!! I split this dish with my daughter because it is plenty for two. We even had a leftover snack portion that was excellent the next day! We also shared the shaved asparagus and arugula salad. A perfect dinner.Special Features:
- QA Place to go toQAdenizenDined on 5/11/2014We enjoyed Mother's Day early dinner in the lounge during Happy Hour. The offerings were good value and the bar bites for appes worked well. She enjoyed the corn soup and I had the burger; both were very good and of good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good locationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014Betty is a good location if you have an event at the Seattle Center. The menu selections sounded interesting but our dinners were just ok, not great. Wine options could be better along with non-alcoholic drink options. Our arugula salads were very good as were the fries that accompanied the hamburgers. The restaurant has a nice ambience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were great!FoxdinerDined on 5/3/2014I chose Betty as the venue for my partner's surprise, romantic birthday dinner. I had the halibut which was a beautiful, perfectly cooked piece of fish. Moist and flakey inside with a seared, light and tasty crust. My partner had the pork loin and loved it. The atmosphere was intimate though the bench seats quite uncomfortable. The hostess greeted us by saying we only had 2 hours as there was a reservation after us. Not a good way to start out our experience but the food and wait staff more than made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful food and delicious...HardtoPleaseSister1VIPDined on 5/1/2014Food was excellent and the 4 of us had very different items from appetizer to salads, entrees and desserts. Service was right on too. Only negative was the heat...no air conditioning had been turned on and it was nearly too warm throughout our meal to enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back!WheeloDined on 4/24/2014Went to Betty for Dine Out for Life. We sat at the counter and enjoyed watching the food preparation. After the a cured meats appetizer, we ordered 2 of our favorite dishes: steak frites and pork tenderloin, and both were outstanding: moist and flavorful! The tenderloin came with a wonderful veggie side dish that also impressed. Great drinks and attentive service too. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Wonderful DinnerDuckish53VIPDined on 4/24/2014Dine Out for Life was our excuse for trying Betty - thank you for supporting this cause - but we will need no excuse to return. Everything about the meal was great. A Manhattan was done very well and I followed with the roast chicken with asparagus and potatoes. It was amazing. Dessert was a tough choice but I went for the banana cream pie - again, amazing. Service was great and everything was pretty close to perfect.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceduckyguyDined on 4/23/2014We loved Betty! The food rib-eye was excellent, and my friend said the roasted chicken was really good. We both agreed that the cheese curds were some of the best we'd ever had. My friend really liked the banana cream pie too. The service was excellent. The server was really nice and knowledgeable. I will definitely come back to Betty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls night outseattlegirl13Dined on 4/19/2014It was a great place to enjoy time with girl friends and have some appetizers and a glass of wine. The service was professional and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well pleased with food and serviceChloeDined on 4/17/2014My friend and I had a wonderful dinner at Betty. It was our first experience and we were a bit rushed because we were going to the ballet. Our waitress was very accommodating (she suggested we not order the chicken because that would take a while). We both had the pork tenderloin, asparagus soup and two different desserts which were all excellent. The portions were reasonable. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Across from Queen Anne towernogamoDined on 4/17/2014We sat at the chef's counter and ordered from the $28 three course meal special. We selected our salads (garden) and entrees (nettle and risotto for my wife, roasted chicken for me) We also ordered the octopus from the shared menu because neither of us had ever eaten octopus. Everything was beautifully prepared and delicious. We ended with the grasshopper/peppermint dessert for my wife (she raved about how wonderful it was!) I had the banana cream pie, which was very nice too. A very nice place to relax and be pampered. Waitress (Julia) was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, So-so SurroundingsWordfiddlerDined on 4/10/2014We went to Betty during Seattle Restaurant Week and ordered from the prix fixe menu. I had mixed green salad followed by a Mexican Braised Lamb Shank; my companion started with the pear & Bibb lettuce salad and had the Oven Roasted Chicken for her main. We thought the food was really excellent - well-cooked and seasoned beautifully, nicely presented. The quantity was just right too. For dessert I had the Meyer Lemon tart and she had the banana cream pie, and again they were wonderful. The service was quick, friendly and professional. No mistakes, plenty of attention; water glasses were kept full and my friend's hot tea water was replenished. The server even offered to split the check for us without being asked. Overall a terrific evening!Special Features:
- Seattle Center pre-dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/10/2014Betty is in a great location with wonderful food to go to before heading to the Seattle Center. Attentive service, good food and drinks! Enjoy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chefs Chris, Ben and PaulHungryDined on 4/8/2014Chefs Chris, Ben and Paul are excellent with food preparation and presentation. They are amazing to watch, which is why we always request seats at the bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, excellent valueNWroamer3617Dined on 3/25/2014The Steak Frites meal continues to be a huge treat. I have steak perhaps twice a year, and this is the spot. Tender, generous, perfectly prepared at med. rare, My husband Lamb shank was so ggood it fell off the bone. Nice moderately priced wine selection also. Queen Anne is so fortunate to have this place.Special Features:
- Great food, sadly horrible servicechatty826Dined on 3/21/2014I picked Betty for my welcome home dinner after being abroad for most of a year. The food was exactly what I wanted but sadly the waitress was horrible, rude and made me not want to come back. Hopefully this is a one time occurrence.Special Features:
- favorite place in Seattlefood42Dined on 3/21/2014I've been to some of the bigger, more popular restaurants in Seattle... And as good as they are, none compare to Betty. The food is consistent, sheet perfection. I go at least once a month and every time after I take my first bite, I question why I would ever go anywhere else. The steak and frites, phenomenal; the oven roasted chicken, mouth watering; the Betty burger, juicy and flavorful. From the appetizers and entrees to the accommodating and friendly staff, you will not be disappointed. My personal favorite place to sit is at the chef's counter--the chef and staff are so kind and hard working. It's a fun time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm a regular!CynFinnellVIPDined on 3/17/2014Betty is a favorite! Food is excellent ... Wine list a good reasonable priced mix of old and new world. The kitchen counter is always my preferred location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful waitstaff and food.MrbuvooDined on 3/14/2014My wife and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary at Betty. I had he lamb shank and it fell off the bone and was deliciously tender. The waitstaff was fantastic, very attentive without being pushy, very sincere and knowledgable aboutthe menu with excellent recommendations. Atmosphere is energetic in the lounge so sit in the dining area if u want a more mellowexperience. Very reasonable pricing for the location and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great happy hour foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/5/2014We enjoyed sitting at the bar and chatting with the cooks. They were very helpful and friendly. The happy hour food was great. The service was really fast and friendly. We now want to go back and order off the regular menu after watching some of the dishes being prepared and described to us by one of the chefs.Special Features:
- Our favorite spotOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/28/2014It's hard to be objective -- we've been going almost weekly since they opened years ago. What more can I say? Betty is perfect for any occasion. The food is well priced and healthy (low carb, if you watch your intake of their amazing fries). We never feel like we're over-indulging. They're cocktail menu and wine list will make you happy. I could go on and on. Betty forever!Special Features:
- CharmingStillhungryDined on 2/22/2014Early dinner with friends. Service was warm, but not obtrusive. The place was empty when we arrived, full when we left, with a nice energy. Food was very good. It was my first time at the restaurant, so I was a little surprised at the limited menu. If what's on offer is what you want, it will be delicious. But don't expect a lot of choices. The only disappointment was an overpriced cheese plate starter course: a thumb-sized piece of supermarket brie and four thin slices of a decent white cheddar, accompanied by a few raspberries, some artisan-ish crackers, and a thimble of dried cherries. It was what I might set out if my wife's boss was coming to our house for drinks. (We don't like him very much.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress was not very attentive,OlywaDined on 2/15/2014Waitress was not very attentive, and actually not very friendly. There was a hair in my french onion soup; she replaced the soup, but only at my urging did she remove the charge from the bill.
- Great V Day DatevdaydateDined on 2/14/2014I took my girlfriend here for Valentine's Day and it was the perfect spot. The food was fantastic, the wine was great, and the atmosphere was perfect for a date. It was fairly lively in the restaurant but we could easily hear each other. It was a fairly romantic setting with an atmosphere that made it easy to ignore all that was happening around us. The waitress easily answered all my questions about food and wine and had great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So far, so GoooooodmorelleanDined on 2/14/2014Second, time at Betty; V-day. Service was amazing: Sara: friendly, knowledgable, personable, attentive. We ordered oysters, hamburger, pork tenderloin, & English toffee pudding. The hamburger was 5 stars. Absolutely perfect; quality of meat, bun, pickles- everything. Tenderloin was moist & flavorful; never had a tenderloin cooked so perfectly. My only recommendations: the chicories was a little too bitter for me, it was exactly how it should be; just not a fan of bitter. Also, we wished the oysters came on ice instead of salt. Large clumps of salt stuck to the shell and to the lemons; it overwhelmed the taste & texture of the oysters, but the quality was perfect. Dessert: Amazing. So sad, I forgot my leftover.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Had a great date. What else can I say. American Food, tasted great, affordable, good service. Was full but not overcrowded. Relatively easy parking, not insane to get to and enjoy. Not crazy busy like Belltown or Pike Pine or Lower Queen Anne.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentE2B2Dined on 2/13/2014We say at the Chef's Counter and watched the chef work his magic! It was a fun and entertaining experience. Also sitting there kept us nice and warm throughout our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceZachVIPDined on 2/11/2014We've been wanting to try this place for quite some time now, and finally decided to make it happen earlier this week. Sunday through Tuesday, they offer 20 different bottles of wine for only $20, which is a great way to get things started! The food was great and came quickly. The server was knowledgeable, helpful, friendly, and attentive. Overall this was a great experience and we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is excellent. OnelovegoodfoodVIPDined on 2/11/2014The food is excellent. One can never go wrong with their chicken! Soups are always tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kinsey and clan DO NOT disappoint!JenEatsDined on 2/10/2014Every time I'm in, it's like I'm an old friend returning to my village. There is a palpable personability about the wait staff and the personal greetings/service they provide is so very appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first time at Betty. WonderrfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/5/2014My first time at Betty. Wonderrful wait staff. All was great. A very enjoyable place to dine.Special Features:
- Great foodAndoverFoodieDined on 1/27/2014I love finding places like these that have such great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mix of Great Food OptionsFreeRangeFarmWifeDined on 1/23/2014I took a friend, my college age daughter, and grad school nephew to dinner at Betty and we had a great dinner and a great time. I enjoyed the evening's special scallops (and they were delicious), my friend ate every bit of the seasonal pork special, my daughter the smoked salmon/potato latkes, and my nephew the Betty Burger. Something for everyone! Great kale salad and organic house salad and good house wine rounded out our dinner. Dessert was ok, but probably could have done without. Service was prompt and friendly. Restaurant was not busy when we arrived at 6 pm on a Thursday night, but we had made reservations just in case and were seated promptly. By the time we left, many tables were occupied. We can recommend Betty with confidence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite Restaurant in SeattleCanukDined on 1/11/2014We walk to Betty's almost every Sunday night. The staff is wonderful. Dan, the owner, is charming and friendly. The atmosphere is cosy and the music is keep at reasonable levels so we can hear each other . The wine list is great and well priced. We love all his dishes but our favorites are the salads, the fish items , the chicken and the steak /frites is Amazing !!! Do not miss this restaurant !!!! Don & DeborahSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectmorelleanDined on 1/10/2014Everything was perfect. I generally write a lot, but quite simply, everything was really, really, PERFECT. Service (Rachel was awesome. She was kind and very personable. She took time with each table and never neglected others.), food (perfectly cooked, taste, presentation, portion, price-all delish), ambiance (clean, refreshing, tasteful, simple, elegant, relaxed, but easy to dress up a little and enjoy a special night). Great place for a date or get together. Noise, I love it (no echoing noise; no blaring music). The only improvement I would ask for, cushions on the booth/bench seats. Our meal was timely, but there was noticeable time between each course, so I was a little sore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but too expensiveSniffyDined on 12/31/2013I ordered the rib-eye ($25), which was delicious, and my date had the scallops (3 for $26). Both of these entrees, and the wine were expensive, by Belltown standards. But this is upper Queen Anne, and that must be the reason for the price discrepancy. I would have rated this "Very Good", if prices were 20-25% less.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemmargin1Dined on 12/31/2013I would recommend Betty for its reliable food and attentive service in a civilized environment. However my suggestion for improvement would be that they should change their menu as well as their wine list more frequently to accommodate return visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yes I bring the kiddoSeattlerainVIPDined on 12/29/2013I used to be wary of bringing my kiddo to Betty. The candles and wine glasses looked too tempting. The vibe seemed more adult than not. One date night, I noticed a booth of parents drinking wine and kids eating quietly. What?!? In Betty? Yep. So I started taking the bug with us. She specifically loves Betty's happy hour, where we sit in a small area near the entrance. We people watch and get our $2 oysters on. She loves their Asian ribs, I eat the Asian slaw and hubby gets the kimchi. She could get their buttered noodles (not on the menu) but for $8, I rather get some delicious happy hour item instead. Service is always kind and welcome her enthusiasm for their food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Neighborhood BistroWandaDined on 12/15/2013I'm thinking that Open Table is demanding too much with a review of at least 50 characters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.