1507 Queen Anne Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eatatbetty.com/
- Phone: 2063523773
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Wednesday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Craig Serbousek / Jesse Thomas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Betty
Much like her sibling down the hill, Betty serves a rotating menu of bistro-style food using seasonal ingredients. We are centrally located amongst the trendy businesses along Queen Anne Avenue's bustling business district - step inside to our inviting yet eclectic and sophisticated atmosphere, featuring art by Bay Area artist, Judah Thomas. The restaurant offers seating in either our dining room or at the chef's counter where you can watch our talented chefs at work. Betty also has a full bar and lounge and a superb wine list with values from around the globe. Reservations are recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Betty - Best Restaurants in Queen Anne ›
Betty reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (60)fit for foodies (39)romantic (15)special occasion (13)vibrant bar scene (11)notable wine list (11)hot spot (10)good for groups (7)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great Pre-show spotgljr76Dined on 6/28/2014Had dinner here prior to an event at Key Arena. Second visit was even better than the first. Fresh ingredients, seasonal specials, wonderful bar. Wine list and menu are brief but reflect great taste and good value. We really enjoy our times at Betty.Special Features:
- Consistently good food and serviceScidMarkDined on 6/27/2014Menu doesn't change too often (just like its sister restaurant Crow). Both are serve consistently good food and have great service. The wine list is light on quality WA wines (a personal favorite). Oh and dat cassoulet in the winter...cannot be beat in Seattle.Special Features:
- decent happy hourCharlieDined on 6/18/2014They have a decent happy hour and nice patio! Oysters were yummySpecial Features:
- Mostly greatseattlehornDined on 6/10/2014We chose Betty for a special celebration. We had two amazing appetizers (grilled squid and an asparagus salad) but our entrees were a mixed lot, with the halibut and pea greens lovely, the lamb decent, and the pork loin way too spicy. It tasted as if an entire jar of pepper was dumped in the sauce, making the entire plate inedible. Our waiter was so busy it took at least 15 minutes for him to check on us. It was getting late for us, and although he was apologetic and offered to comp a salad (!), we opted for a quick dessert instead, and were pleased with the rhubarb pie.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/1/2014Excellent food and service, good place for a family when you want fine dining.Special Features:
- A real King in Queen AnnIssaquahFAVDined on 5/31/2014Great little spot tucked in at the top of the counterbalance. Menu is unique and fresh and prices are reasonable. We will be back to enjoy the ambiance and kind wait staff.Special Features:
- Yummy FoodPeaceladyDined on 5/31/2014We dined at Betty before we went to the James Taylor concert. We had never been before. It is very cool, casual place with delicious food. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Great cocktails and a small but sufficient wine list. I would reccommend it to friends.Special Features:
- kathyDined on 5/24/2014Wonderful, relaxing dinner. Good service. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go here for your meat fix!KatieEatsDined on 5/24/2014They definitely know how to cook their meat to perfection. From the steak to the lamb chops, it all melts in your mouth and keeps you coming back for more. My favorite meat they cook is their pork loin though--my husband and I have been here 4 times just because we crave their pork loin!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was great, service so-soAmberDined on 5/23/2014The menu was linited but the food was great! However, we were greeted by a hostess without a smile and noone shared any information with us about the specials. In general, staff seemed a little unfriendly but food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good atmospherelovetodineVIPDined on 5/21/2014Overall, the service and food was good. However, my salad and my steak was very salty. I ended up drinking 3 glasses of water during the meal and was too full to eat anything else.Special Features:
- Dinner at BettyGardengirlDined on 5/19/2014Betty is a delight. We've eaten there a number of times and figured that it was time to share the love. At Betty the food is never over-seasoned (read over-salted, my pet peeve). And we love the fun and attentive wait-staff at Betty. The menu is not huge, but has all the bases covered with fresh and seasonal choices. The food is delicious and well prepared. We were recently there on a warm evening, and the windows were open to the Upper Queen Anne ambience. Nice and casual but still with a touch of class, Betty is a perfect place for a relaxed evening meal and conversation between friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant, great serviceseattlecDined on 5/17/2014I've been here twice and both times everything has been excellent - food, beverages, service, atmosphere. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- The Pan Roasted ChickeniheartdiningoutDined on 5/15/2014Is delicious!! I split this dish with my daughter because it is plenty for two. We even had a leftover snack portion that was excellent the next day! We also shared the shaved asparagus and arugula salad. A perfect dinner.Special Features:
- QA Place to go toQAdenizenDined on 5/11/2014We enjoyed Mother's Day early dinner in the lounge during Happy Hour. The offerings were good value and the bar bites for appes worked well. She enjoyed the corn soup and I had the burger; both were very good and of good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good locationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014Betty is a good location if you have an event at the Seattle Center. The menu selections sounded interesting but our dinners were just ok, not great. Wine options could be better along with non-alcoholic drink options. Our arugula salads were very good as were the fries that accompanied the hamburgers. The restaurant has a nice ambience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were great!FoxdinerDined on 5/3/2014I chose Betty as the venue for my partner's surprise, romantic birthday dinner. I had the halibut which was a beautiful, perfectly cooked piece of fish. Moist and flakey inside with a seared, light and tasty crust. My partner had the pork loin and loved it. The atmosphere was intimate though the bench seats quite uncomfortable. The hostess greeted us by saying we only had 2 hours as there was a reservation after us. Not a good way to start out our experience but the food and wait staff more than made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful food and delicious...HardtoPleaseSister1VIPDined on 5/1/2014Food was excellent and the 4 of us had very different items from appetizer to salads, entrees and desserts. Service was right on too. Only negative was the heat...no air conditioning had been turned on and it was nearly too warm throughout our meal to enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back!WheeloDined on 4/24/2014Went to Betty for Dine Out for Life. We sat at the counter and enjoyed watching the food preparation. After the a cured meats appetizer, we ordered 2 of our favorite dishes: steak frites and pork tenderloin, and both were outstanding: moist and flavorful! The tenderloin came with a wonderful veggie side dish that also impressed. Great drinks and attentive service too. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Wonderful DinnerDuckish53VIPDined on 4/24/2014Dine Out for Life was our excuse for trying Betty - thank you for supporting this cause - but we will need no excuse to return. Everything about the meal was great. A Manhattan was done very well and I followed with the roast chicken with asparagus and potatoes. It was amazing. Dessert was a tough choice but I went for the banana cream pie - again, amazing. Service was great and everything was pretty close to perfect.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceduckyguyDined on 4/23/2014We loved Betty! The food rib-eye was excellent, and my friend said the roasted chicken was really good. We both agreed that the cheese curds were some of the best we'd ever had. My friend really liked the banana cream pie too. The service was excellent. The server was really nice and knowledgeable. I will definitely come back to Betty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls night outseattlegirl13Dined on 4/19/2014It was a great place to enjoy time with girl friends and have some appetizers and a glass of wine. The service was professional and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well pleased with food and serviceChloeDined on 4/17/2014My friend and I had a wonderful dinner at Betty. It was our first experience and we were a bit rushed because we were going to the ballet. Our waitress was very accommodating (she suggested we not order the chicken because that would take a while). We both had the pork tenderloin, asparagus soup and two different desserts which were all excellent. The portions were reasonable. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Across from Queen Anne towernogamoDined on 4/17/2014We sat at the chef's counter and ordered from the $28 three course meal special. We selected our salads (garden) and entrees (nettle and risotto for my wife, roasted chicken for me) We also ordered the octopus from the shared menu because neither of us had ever eaten octopus. Everything was beautifully prepared and delicious. We ended with the grasshopper/peppermint dessert for my wife (she raved about how wonderful it was!) I had the banana cream pie, which was very nice too. A very nice place to relax and be pampered. Waitress (Julia) was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, So-so SurroundingsWordfiddlerDined on 4/10/2014We went to Betty during Seattle Restaurant Week and ordered from the prix fixe menu. I had mixed green salad followed by a Mexican Braised Lamb Shank; my companion started with the pear & Bibb lettuce salad and had the Oven Roasted Chicken for her main. We thought the food was really excellent - well-cooked and seasoned beautifully, nicely presented. The quantity was just right too. For dessert I had the Meyer Lemon tart and she had the banana cream pie, and again they were wonderful. The service was quick, friendly and professional. No mistakes, plenty of attention; water glasses were kept full and my friend's hot tea water was replenished. The server even offered to split the check for us without being asked. Overall a terrific evening!Special Features:
- Seattle Center pre-dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/10/2014Betty is in a great location with wonderful food to go to before heading to the Seattle Center. Attentive service, good food and drinks! Enjoy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chefs Chris, Ben and PaulHungryDined on 4/8/2014Chefs Chris, Ben and Paul are excellent with food preparation and presentation. They are amazing to watch, which is why we always request seats at the bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, excellent valueNWroamer3617Dined on 3/25/2014The Steak Frites meal continues to be a huge treat. I have steak perhaps twice a year, and this is the spot. Tender, generous, perfectly prepared at med. rare, My husband Lamb shank was so ggood it fell off the bone. Nice moderately priced wine selection also. Queen Anne is so fortunate to have this place.Special Features:
- Great food, sadly horrible servicechatty826Dined on 3/21/2014I picked Betty for my welcome home dinner after being abroad for most of a year. The food was exactly what I wanted but sadly the waitress was horrible, rude and made me not want to come back. Hopefully this is a one time occurrence.Special Features:
- favorite place in Seattlefood42Dined on 3/21/2014I've been to some of the bigger, more popular restaurants in Seattle... And as good as they are, none compare to Betty. The food is consistent, sheet perfection. I go at least once a month and every time after I take my first bite, I question why I would ever go anywhere else. The steak and frites, phenomenal; the oven roasted chicken, mouth watering; the Betty burger, juicy and flavorful. From the appetizers and entrees to the accommodating and friendly staff, you will not be disappointed. My personal favorite place to sit is at the chef's counter--the chef and staff are so kind and hard working. It's a fun time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm a regular!CynFinnellVIPDined on 3/17/2014Betty is a favorite! Food is excellent ... Wine list a good reasonable priced mix of old and new world. The kitchen counter is always my preferred location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful waitstaff and food.MrbuvooDined on 3/14/2014My wife and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary at Betty. I had he lamb shank and it fell off the bone and was deliciously tender. The waitstaff was fantastic, very attentive without being pushy, very sincere and knowledgable aboutthe menu with excellent recommendations. Atmosphere is energetic in the lounge so sit in the dining area if u want a more mellowexperience. Very reasonable pricing for the location and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great happy hour foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/5/2014We enjoyed sitting at the bar and chatting with the cooks. They were very helpful and friendly. The happy hour food was great. The service was really fast and friendly. We now want to go back and order off the regular menu after watching some of the dishes being prepared and described to us by one of the chefs.Special Features:
- Our favorite spotOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/28/2014It's hard to be objective -- we've been going almost weekly since they opened years ago. What more can I say? Betty is perfect for any occasion. The food is well priced and healthy (low carb, if you watch your intake of their amazing fries). We never feel like we're over-indulging. They're cocktail menu and wine list will make you happy. I could go on and on. Betty forever!Special Features:
- CharmingStillhungryDined on 2/22/2014Early dinner with friends. Service was warm, but not obtrusive. The place was empty when we arrived, full when we left, with a nice energy. Food was very good. It was my first time at the restaurant, so I was a little surprised at the limited menu. If what's on offer is what you want, it will be delicious. But don't expect a lot of choices. The only disappointment was an overpriced cheese plate starter course: a thumb-sized piece of supermarket brie and four thin slices of a decent white cheddar, accompanied by a few raspberries, some artisan-ish crackers, and a thimble of dried cherries. It was what I might set out if my wife's boss was coming to our house for drinks. (We don't like him very much.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress was not very attentive,OlywaDined on 2/15/2014Waitress was not very attentive, and actually not very friendly. There was a hair in my french onion soup; she replaced the soup, but only at my urging did she remove the charge from the bill.
- Great V Day DatevdaydateDined on 2/14/2014I took my girlfriend here for Valentine's Day and it was the perfect spot. The food was fantastic, the wine was great, and the atmosphere was perfect for a date. It was fairly lively in the restaurant but we could easily hear each other. It was a fairly romantic setting with an atmosphere that made it easy to ignore all that was happening around us. The waitress easily answered all my questions about food and wine and had great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So far, so GoooooodmorelleanDined on 2/14/2014Second, time at Betty; V-day. Service was amazing: Sara: friendly, knowledgable, personable, attentive. We ordered oysters, hamburger, pork tenderloin, & English toffee pudding. The hamburger was 5 stars. Absolutely perfect; quality of meat, bun, pickles- everything. Tenderloin was moist & flavorful; never had a tenderloin cooked so perfectly. My only recommendations: the chicories was a little too bitter for me, it was exactly how it should be; just not a fan of bitter. Also, we wished the oysters came on ice instead of salt. Large clumps of salt stuck to the shell and to the lemons; it overwhelmed the taste & texture of the oysters, but the quality was perfect. Dessert: Amazing. So sad, I forgot my leftover.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Had a great date. What else can I say. American Food, tasted great, affordable, good service. Was full but not overcrowded. Relatively easy parking, not insane to get to and enjoy. Not crazy busy like Belltown or Pike Pine or Lower Queen Anne.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentE2B2Dined on 2/13/2014We say at the Chef's Counter and watched the chef work his magic! It was a fun and entertaining experience. Also sitting there kept us nice and warm throughout our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.