823 5th Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eatatcrow.com/
- Phone: 2062838800
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday and Monday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday and Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our Private Dining Area can accommodate up to 30 seated guests and can be separated from the main dining room by a large red velvet curtain.
- Private Party Contact: Philip Van Seters 2062838800
A word from Crow
Conveniently located in the Lower Queen Anne neighborhood, not five minutes from downtown Seattle, Crow is blocks from Seattle Center and its myriad of attractions (Seattle Opera, theatres, concerts, sports, etc.). Our unique urban location combines a vibrant yet neighborhood atmosphere. We have a chef's counter and full dining room with a private dining area reservable for up to 30 people. We have a full bar and an international wine list recognized for its exceptional values. Reservations are recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Crow reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (82)fit for foodies (70)special occasion (31)romantic (29)good for groups (25)notable wine list (23)vibrant bar scene (18)hot spot (17)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- food great...service not to parQAlocalDined on 6/6/2014I dine at CROW at least once a month and typically have a great experience. Food constantly top notch. Tonight we had a group of five, pre theater and an almost surly young server. She knocked over a water glass, barely apologized, mopped up the floor and did not touch the table where half the water was left. I had to search her out to ask for bread and lemon. We were there at 5:30...so restaurant not full. Disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Up to It's Normal StandardJoanTDined on 6/5/2014In the past two years, I have dined at Crow at least six times. The food and service was always top-notch, but my last experience was a bit dissapointing. The lasagna (a favorite) was quite cool in the middle, and our salads came heavily drenched in overly acidic dressing. I'll certainly return in the future, and hope it was just an off night for the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale comfort foodSarahBDined on 5/31/2014I booked a reservation here for its proximity to a karaoke bar I was going to later in the evening for my birthday. After looking at the menu online I was practically salivating. The food was divine. Carefully prepared, thoughtfully plated, and it came out at a nice pace so that my boyfriend and I never felt rushed, but never felt like we were forgotten either. The service was friendly, inviting, and full of smiles. The only reason I didn't give it a perfect score was because our server had to come back to double check what I ordered, and then when the bill came, my boyfriend's order was switched out with a more expensive dish. None of that was detrimental to our experience, but just a little more care with order tracking would be a bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Deliciouskaf1VIPDined on 5/31/2014My husband and I sat at the chef's bar and had the halibut special. Outstanding food and service. Eat here!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was greatBryanWDined on 5/30/2014Of the 4 different entres we ordered, the halibut was by far the best. Delicious flavours, perfectly cooked. Would come back just for the halibut.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for before BalletZagMegDined on 5/30/2014Our waiter asked us if we going to the ballet as we sat down and helped us with what we had time to enoy. The food was wonderful and our waiter was wonderfully attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected fine! :)4DancerDined on 5/30/2014My group (including myself) loved CROW! The food and service was outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QueenieDined on 5/30/2014food was good, service was great noise level too much.Special Features:
- Industrial comfort dining.LamingtonDined on 5/27/2014As Australian visitors to Seattle, we recently had mid week dinner at Crow. Inside its original industrial brick and paned window exterior, the moodily lit space features concrete floors, soaring ceilings, stunning light fittings over the bar and wrought brass panels. Tables are well spaced, service is prompt and cheerful and the vibe is relaxed. The well-priced menu features some familiar selections but with quality produce and seasonal emphasis. My lasagne was melt in the mouth perfect layers of soft pasta/cheese creaminess surrounded by a fresh, piquant tomato sauce. My companion's homemade pork and cheddar sausages with grits was also delicious. We shared a rhubarb pie dessert and enjoyed a bottle of WA merlot/malbec red. Loved it.Special Features:
- The following 433 reviews are from the Crow reviews archive.
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014First time visit. Birthday dinner and we were pleasantly surprised! Food was excellent! Great service and wine. Would definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crow is always the right choiceBruceDined on 5/17/2014Recently my girlfriend and I ate at Crow prior to attending the Opera at nearby McCaw Hall. It wasn't the first time we've eaten at Crow, but when we go to the Operah, we usually try to find a new place for dinner first. Because time was short, we settled on Crow because, hey, we knew we loved it. And sure enough, once again, the place did not disappoint. Great service and great food. Currently my favorite place in Seattle.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/14/2014We have dined at Crow many times. The chicken is the best in Seattle. The soup du jour is always tasty. When guests come into town, it is our first recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite mealsVacationersDined on 5/11/2014Halibut was Devine, salad and soup was great.went home very satisfied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sancerreursel1Dined on 5/10/2014ADDING THE SANCERRE TO THE WINE LIST WAS A GREAT STROKE!Special Features:
- Dinner at CROW before the opera150milestodineDined on 5/3/2014We live in Vancouver BC and visit Seattle five or six times a year. We regularly stay in the Queen Anne area and have eaten at CROW three times. We have thoroughly enjoyed all visits to CROW. The drinks, food, wines and desserts we ordered during each visit were all great, and the service - staff/timing/presentation - has also been consistently great. We look forward to eating at CROW again the next time we travel to Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Near the Center, excellent foodKaseyDined on 5/1/2014When we eat at Crow, we are usually on our way to a performance of some kind at the Seattle Center. The staff is very good at getting you out in time to make your show. Even with time constraints, the food, at least, salads, appetizers, and entrees, are excellent. The desserts may be great as well, we've never tried themSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistencyieattoomuchDined on 4/27/2014Over the past year, we have dined at Crow 3 times, usually with 4 or more people. Consequently, we have had an opportunity to try many of the dishes they serve, including seasonal selections. The food is consistently great, and the wine list is very reasonably priced (frankly, most labels I don't recognize, but all good). Our service has always been very good, with the servers very knowledgeable about what the restaurant serves. Combine all of this with reasonably priced entrees, and you can't go wrong. I recommend Crow to friends without hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but not romanticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014We went there for the first time to celebrate our wedding anniversary. It is LOUD. Not a very romantic time, as we shouted at each other all night, but the food was to die for. Will come back, but not for a quiet dinner for two! They were very busy, and service was a bit slow. Darling waitress though.Special Features:
- Excellent experiencekrs1211Dined on 4/26/2014Came here for dinner before going to a play, and the food was incredible, as was the wine. The halibut special was delicious, and so was the asparagus soup special. We also tried the tagliatelle pesto which was out of this world. All the different mushrooms they used really added to the flavors of all the dishes. We were really pleased with the wine selection too. I can't even begin to describe how amazing the desserts were also. We couldn't decide on just one and ended up getting one of each!Special Features:
- Delicious food; accommodating staffHSSEATTLEVIPDined on 4/26/2014Our group of 10, made up of foodies, kids, and people with highly restricted diets was well served and delighted with the food and drinks. I had the Madras Curry Mussels as an entree and their "Eighteen Dollar Manhattan," which is really $12 and was a great conversation piece in addition to being the best Manhattan I've ever had. The mussels were so delicious! Apparently, the pork and New York Strip steaks were also fabulous and looked juicy. Certainly they were huge portions.Special Features:
- Wonderful TimeBrandonDined on 4/25/2014Great place, small menu but perfect food. Wonderful experience.Special Features:
- PerfectionDisappointedDined on 4/16/2014Everything about this restaurant was wonderful. I will return as often as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always well-prepared, fresh food.GerpVIPDined on 4/12/2014We often go to Crow before an event at the Seattle Center. The basic menu stays the same, but there are always seasonal additions. The options are unusual and interesting. The food is always well-prepared and well-served. The wine list has an excellent selection of reasonably priced wines. It can be rather dark inside -- there are limited windows and it is fairly noisey. There are some booths. You can also sit up at the food/kitchen bar and watch them prepare the food which is fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great!Chitownfoodies2Dined on 4/11/2014My husband and I were in Seattle for two days and we love great food! I made this reservation after reading that it was a favorite neighborhood restaurant not far from our hotel. The wine choices were selective but each glass we had was wonderful, our server knew a lot about all of the wines. Their menu is smaller but wonderfully eclectic! We had oysters, grape leave wrapped cheese, lamb sausage, wild nettle pesto pasta...every bite completely amazing! The restaurant is a little loud but our server was great, very personable. He only teased me a little when I ordered two oysters, then realizing how wonderfully fresh they were, I ordered two more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place, great food!RyanMDined on 4/9/2014Pros: Good portions - just right - not too big where you have to lug it home and not to small making you hungry later. Great flavor - Best roasted chicken I've had in a LONG time, superb sauce with nice crispy skin and tender meat. Their meat plate is also tasty. You get a half leg but its pretty big. Tasty cocktails as well. Great location with easy to find parking in a quiet neighborhood, just set off the main avenues. Cons: Terrible acoustics. It was a bit loud, having to practically yell to have a conversation. Drinks are on the high end of pricing. Limited by the glass selection as well. Seats aren't the most comfortable, leaving you not wanting to stay a little longer - not that you can have a good conversation anyway.Special Features:
- YumOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/4/2014It's been awhile since we have been here, but the food was delicious. Try the cauliflower salad, yum! A lively place for dinner with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really fun night!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2014Ate here before a performance at On the Boards. The server was great, with a big smile on her face. Thank you!Special Features:
- Delicious pre-theater dinnerlindaDined on 3/29/2014My husband and I had never been to Crow but decided to try it before our theater performance. We had a table next to the window and were quickly greeted by our server who was very attentive and friendly throughout. The food was well paced and delicious. I had a tender steak done as I had requested and my husband had Halibut, the fish special. Salads were cold and crisp with just the right amount of dressing. The wine list provided enough choices as well. The creme brulee we shared was delicious with raspberries mixed in. All and all a very pleasant experience and we will be back.Special Features:
- LOVE Crow!TAE2013Dined on 3/28/2014We really enjoy our dinners at Crow. The menu is the right size and the specials are divine. We had the chicken, lasagna and halibut. YUM!Special Features:
- Had a group of ten and theyKarlyDined on 3/23/2014Had a group of ten and they were very accommodating. A Sunday night at Crow is still busy with couples, groups and more enjoying the food, wine and ambiance. Would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014This was our first visit to Crow. A friend had recommended this spot and provided a GC for Christmas. Though parking was a bit tough - it was the ONLY downside of this restaurant. We had the Chicken and Steak dishes. Both were absolutely delicious! And the portion size was favorable. Overall it was a great experience and we will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- varietysiriDined on 3/16/2014Menu had a variety of vegetarian, meat and fish.Tuna I had was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with exceptional serviceFalynDined on 3/14/2014I've had the pleasure of dining here many times now and I've never walked away unimpressed. Their food is always great and their service is always amazing no matter who the server. They're friendly and extremely knowledgable about their menu. Will definitely eat here again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were stuck in traffic onfoodfanDined on 3/13/2014We were stuck in traffic on the way and arrived late and frazzled. Our server helped us choose food that could be prepared quickly enough for us to make our evening performance on time. What we ordered was delicious, everyone was gracious, and the experience turned our mood around. Great!Special Features:
- Crow about CrowNettieDined on 3/6/2014Great Experience. Good vegatarian choices which I particularly appreciate. We loved the polenta cakes. My only problem is with the noise level. it's so "energetic" that I have to lean forward and cup my ear to hear with one other guest. I know that this level of sound is popular, but I am somewhat older and really enjoy conversation when I dine out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM!nogamoDined on 3/6/2014Crow had been recommended by a friend and I had read some of the reviews. I requested the chefs counter when making the reservation. (glad I did!) We wanted to celebrate our 33rd wedding anniversary. We had a cocktail next door prior to dinner as we were early for our reservation. Cool place to chill after a long drive from out of town. The service (Thanks to Courtney and the Chefs!!) plus the food, wine, drinks were awesome! I had the Bruschetta Chicken and my wife had the Lasagna, both of which are always on the menu. Nice proportions and we loved them both! We definitely are going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than ever!OperagoerVIPDined on 3/5/2014Its been a few years since I had time to eat at Crow before an event at McCaw Hall but I was so glad that we made the effort! Dinner was better than I recalled- Polenta dish with vegetables was amazing, soup and kale salad were great and the tuna was perfectly finished. Our server made everything work well without feeling rushed. I can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/5/2014Exceptional locally distilled cocktails and delicious Oysters. Steak was well prepared and delicious. Lamb Shank was lost in the broth and didn't have a great deal of flavor. Overall very good experience.Special Features:
- Always a great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/5/2014As frequent Seattle visitors for opera, theater and concerts, we are regular Crowzies. From the reception to the bill delivery Crow is just about perfect -- great bar, excellent regular menu and specials. We have gotten to know many of the staff who treat us like family (well, . . . better, actually!).Special Features:
- Dining Before the OperaAmyKDined on 3/5/2014We dined at Crow prior to attending Seattle Opera. The food is competently cooked and we had an outstanding server who was friendly and prompt. My dining companion had never eaten cassoulet so we ordered that. While it wasn't one of the best I've had, it was meaty and enjoyable. I loved the radicchio, butterhead and arugula salad with blood orange vinaigrette with thin shaved manchego. Usually salad is an after thought but this one had a great balance of texture and flavor. The grilled bruschetta with fresh ricotta and salsa verde was a good sized starter with grilled broccolini and pine nuts for texture. My friend declared the clean, briny Shigoku oysters delicious! These are the reasons Crow has been around for so long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.