Prato - Winter Park
124 North Park Avenue
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Prato - Winter Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.prato-wp.com/
- Phone: 4072620050
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Brandon McGlamery
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Prato - Winter Park
Blending simplicity and inspiration, Prato celebrates cuisine from Italy's rich culinary landscape, seamlessly blending Italian classics with modern techniques and seasonal ingredients. Celebrated chef, Brandon McGlamery entices guests with dishes ranging from light primi and insalata choices to savory, handcrafted pastas and inventive Italian entrees. By offering a variety of Spanish and Italian varietals and blends, we help our guests to discover complex, unique and lesser known wines that excited and delight their palettes. With a long bar that runs through the center of the restaurant, dining at Prato offers a communal and social atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Prato - Winter Park - Best Restaurants in Winter Park ›
Prato - Winter Park reviews from OpenTable diners
158 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (110)neighborhood gem (94)hot spot (86)vibrant bar scene (80)special occasion (66)great for lunch (45)good for groups (42)great for outdoor dining (41)romantic (39)notable wine list (36)late-night find (32)great for brunch (12)scenic view (9)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- Local produceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/13/2014Great venue down on Park Ave. Local hangout and excellent food using lots of local farms. Highly recommend the pizza and homemade pasta dishes. The Heirloom salad was outstanding and flavorful.Special Features:
- Incredible Food!TampaFoodieDined on 4/12/2014This is a definite Winter Park gem! The food is always outstanding, which means it is always packed! Sometimes it is tough to make a reservation, but the food is worth it. We've never ordered something we didn't absolutely LOVE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceMeganVIPDined on 4/12/2014Service was fantastic and the location is trendy, cozy, and industrial chic. We ordered a few cocktails, 2 appetizers (the meatballs are a must), pizza, pasta, and a side of polenta. Everything was very good. I'd probably skip the pasta next time and just go for the Fiorentina pizza. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of tow go to place.FamilyDined on 4/12/2014Great place great food upbeat atmosphere. Came up from Fort Lauderdale to meet family on vacation. Food is always great, our server was a great guy helpful and personable. On the other hand the host has some tude and not accomadating. Left a sour taste in my mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food but incredibly loud...RingoDined on 4/9/2014The food and service are out of this world, but they play music so loudly that you can't talk to the person across the table from you (on top of the already echo-y nature of the restaurant itself. The perfect way to dine at Prato is outdoors...it is much quieter thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Wonderful!NikkiDined on 4/5/2014From food to service and overall experience, Prato has it all! Thank you Jessica for the wonderful service and guiding us through the whole process. You are a gem! Will most certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly wonderfulsince2011VIPDined on 4/5/2014Took my family here and we all enjoyed it thoroughly. My daughter, just back from Italy, proclaimed her pizza Margharita totally authentic. The tagliatelle with meyer lemon and clams was to die for (and I love that they serve half portions of pasta!), while sauteeed broccoli rabe was perfectly executed. The fried calamari was good, but frankly, would have been better with a regular batter instead of the pretzel crust, which holds onto too much oil. May be time to rethink that dish. The delicious salad of shaved spring vegetables included charcoal grilled artichokes, a great idea, but they could have used a bit more grill time. House fresh lemonade was excellent, with just the right balance of tart and sweet.Special Features:
- Indulge yourself without indulging!mreavesVIPDined on 4/2/2014Prato has a great location, midway down fashionable Park Ave. in Winter Park. It is definitely a hot spot, offering a large bar, close to the fully opened doorway to the Park Ave. sidewalk scene and several tables outside offering al fresco dining. Their pizzas are made to order in their pizza oven and are delicious! My girlfriend and I shared a pizza and a house salad...the bill was only $20 + tip. What a great way to indulge in a lovely lunch on the avenue without breaking the bank.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as alwaysJohnDined on 3/30/2014The food was great. Complex and very enjoyable. I am never disappointed at Prato.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vibe and food on Park AvenueEligaddDined on 3/28/2014Dined at Prato for business lunch and it was great. It can get a bit noisy. Fresh menu daily and wait or was very thorough in explanation and provided great service.Special Features:
- Nice staff priced right!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/25/2014Food portion size was right. Prices are a good fit. Appetizers a little expensive. Over all very satisfied.Special Features:
- Fun evening during the Art Fest!2togetherDined on 3/22/2014Second time dining and both times enjoyed the experience. Our table was reserved and the hostess seated us without hesitation, even 7-8 mins late due to street closures. Service excellent. Love the hot spot atmosphere and the vibrant bar scene, and with that, quite noisy. All our food dishes were very good from appetizer, Campagna salad, pizza, and ravioli. Good drinks. As with the first visit, and this visit, we found it hard to appreciate the simplicity and inspiration of this fresh food for the heavy salt on ALL dishes. Hopefully, on a future visit, we'll remember to ask our waiter to hold sprinkling the salt atop!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat at Prato often, usuallyPearl1947VIPDined on 3/19/2014Eat at Prato often, usually at lunch. My wife loves the meat balls so we call in advance to be sure they are on the menu. We have had Jane as a server on many occasions and she is great. It seems to us that they often take the items we enjoy most off the menu. Their pasta can be the best ever but sometimes they get a little too ambitious and it comes off as a little too strange, at least for our taste. If not for Jane the front of the house operation would be extremely lacking for such an expensive lunch. Usually about $60 for the two of us without drinks or tip. I don't mind paying for quality food and will overlook other shortcomings as long as the food is up to its price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerMike3316Dined on 3/15/2014Great experience. The cucumber/basil martini is outstanding. Can't think of anything to complain about with this restaurant. Great all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- menuDannyDined on 3/15/2014menu a bit different, hard to interpret, but food was excellentSpecial Features:
- WonderfuljonlDined on 3/14/2014The food was amazing and probably the best ingredients for any Central Florida restaurant. I have already send two more couples there and they loved it as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The good kind of trendyuserDined on 3/13/2014Beautiful design, inside and out. Attention to every detail. Exquisite food, perfectly balanced cocktails. Accommodating to vegetarian needs. Friendly, prompt service. A little too loud for a conversation at the 7 o'clock service inside, but only due to it being VERY busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to go on a beautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/13/2014Great place to go on a beautiful day with beautiful people and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good time!DanielVIPDined on 3/11/2014I go to Prato at least every couple of weeks, and it's always an enjoyable time. Ask for Torey, he'll guide you on your quest to pair the perfect food with your perfect wine, or vice versa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpriced; all Italian winesKPorterVIPDined on 3/10/2014We ordered three courses: the Ravioli was so thin and small you couldn't find the filling. The Braised pork was fatty, thin and bone in--the cheapest cut of pork and $28. When we were finished picking through it, our plate was half full of the residue. Wine list was all unheard-of Italian wines.Special Features:
- Excellent food, ambience,jemcdDined on 3/9/2014Excellent food, ambience, server; everyone friendly and accomodatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You will be so happy you came!tpactuaryDined on 3/8/2014This is a fantastic restaurant. The food was delicious. The restaurant has a great vibe and energy. This is a definite must-try-restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Orlando's best & fair priceJC30Dined on 3/8/2014Our second trip and it was great. For $16 you get an amazing and large gourmet pizza. The muscles were some of the best I've ever had. The cocktail menu was very interesting. The servers was very well-informed and could describe the menu items in great detail. The only better Orlando restaurants I've been to were way more pricey than Prato.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So PopularDianeDined on 3/7/2014This place is so popular you must make a reservation if don't want to wait or not be seated at all. It's very loud inside, so not a place to go if you're trying to have a conversation with friends or a romantic dinner. Our server, Matthew, was outstanding! New the menu and was able to offer great recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed - one small critiqueAtlantaNativeVIPDined on 3/1/2014Relocated from Atlanta to the Central Florida area, and my better half and I are foodies. We have hit a few spots in the area and were not too impressed as compared to what we were accustomed to in ATL, but that changed when we visited Prato. The locale and atmosphere was great - the food was really tasty and fresh, and the service was great. We will definitely visit again. The one critique I have is that there is a lively bar scene, and groups/hanger-on-ers tend to gravitate around the bar area which is located near to a bunch of two seaters spread in the dining area. We had gotten our share of bumps and close encounters with folks hovering over our table front-wise and with their backs to us, which was not the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eek!BridgeVIPDined on 2/27/2014I really hate to give a restaurant a less than stellar review based on its customers, but I will never return. The food was just ok. We got the mussels and a pizza. The sauce on the mussels tasted like just butter. And the pizza was ok, nothing special. The tables are way to close to the bar and people are running into your table. And when people aren't running into it, they are basically standing right up next to it. 3 guys were mere inches from our table all throughout dinner. Ugh...the bar was completely packed with middle-aged Botox injected Winter Park people. I saw more face lifts and altered hairlines in one spot than I've seen my whole life. Bad atmosphere and mediocre food.
- Had a great time there withOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/25/2014Had a great time there with my girlfriend. Awesome night, great service. Definitely making this a regular place when I visit winter park. Food was amazing as well, recommend the meatballs for sure.Special Features:
- Prato is a got-to!McFly5585VIPDined on 2/23/2014Awesome food and very friendly and helpful service. While my dining partner had been before, it was my first time and our server was very personable and gave us great suggestions. The ambiance adds to the overall great experience. Will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything from the food toOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/23/2014Everything from the food to the service was just perfect! We never had to ask our server for a thing! I suggest trying the mustard spaghettini and the fiorentina pizza. They were awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So NOT what we expected!PamgoesDined on 2/20/2014While the venue was jammed on this particular night, and the service was fine, the noise level and crowded tables made the restaurant feel more like a sports bar than a fine dining establishment. This is definitely a spot for the 30's crowd to meet and mingle. Honestly, we were so distracted by the noise and the jostling and bumping, that it was difficult to focus on the food. We shared the Prato meatballs (overwhelmed with garlic), a Margherita pizza (okay as pizzas go), and the short rib ragu (again overwhelmed with garlic). Overall, not impressed with the food and we wouldn't go out of our way to eat there again.Special Features:
- Love this placeSpramwiseDined on 2/16/2014Prato is a great find for foodies. Everything on the menu is locally grown in Florida, and is fresh as of that morning. Everyone on the wait staff is knowledgable of the menu, and very personable to boot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken salad was awesome.LeslieVIPDined on 2/16/2014Chicken salad was awesome. I wasn't too fond of the pork sandwich as it was a bit fatty. We've been a few times before and have always ordered one of the pizzas and salad, and I recommend them more than the sandwiches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Star WorthyChrisNPBDined on 2/15/2014What an outstanding place to dine. The food was over the top, everything was for that matter. Everyone needs to go here. Start with meatballs, they are life changing. Ask for Joe, great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible!FOODDUDE23VIPDined on 2/15/2014What a culinary experience. From start to finish, drinks to desert Prato made its play for goosebumps to be had with our palette. Must try: Prato Meatballs and the pizzas. Bravo! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderful! We loveHappygirlDined on 2/14/2014Always wonderful! We love coming to Prato. They called to follow up on how our meal was. Now that's great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic and FlexibleChristopherDined on 2/14/2014Prato is an all-around class act. Not only is the food amazing, but the chef will accomodate food allergies and special needs. I have celiac disease, and they offer gluten-free pastas as well as modified entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Food and ServiceDiana78VIPDined on 2/14/2014Prato has remained consistent on their food and service. We enjoy a new menu item each visit. The brick oven pizza's are the best in town! If you enjoy new ingredient combinations that create a tasteful experience, this is your place. We visited on Valentines Day. It was busy but the service remained exceptional. They even gave a rose to all the ladies as they were leaving. I received a call a couple days later to ensure they met my service expectations. Their commitment to creating a welcoming, delicious, and memorable dining experience is evident.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nouveau cuisineLyndaVIPDined on 2/13/2014Inventive dishes and very interesting drinks. Cucumber martini is the best.Special Features:
- Sweet SpotwestbraeDined on 2/12/2014We had the great pleasure if frequenting all three establishments of this stellar dining group while recently on vacation in Orlando. Luma, the Wine Room and Prato. Not a single disappointment. Great food. Farm to table. Innovative. Fairly priced and great service. Our golf vacation quickly turned into a foodie vacation.Special Features:
- Great food!!!ReneeDined on 2/11/2014That was my first time going there and I was in total awe!!! The food was great..amazing quality and gourmet dishes. Real creative menu items and there is plenty to choose from! The pizza there is to die for! Real nice interior and the service was pretty good (the server was having a bad day or something). I promised myself to try everything on the menu in the near future...I would totally recommend going there! Kudos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.