TK's at the Villa Mayfair
2901 Florida Avenue
Coconut Grove, FL 73504Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
TK's at the Villa Mayfair
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.tksvillamayfair.com/
- Phone: 3057741500x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday-Thursday: 4:00pm-10:00pm (Bar closes at 10:30)
Tuesday-Saturday: 3:00pm-7:00pm Happy Hour
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, International
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can offer catering services, please email us at email@example.com or call us at (305) 774-1500.
- Entertainment: 3 big screen TVs for all sports!
- Special Events: Happy Hour Tuesdays through Saturdays 3:00pm until 8:00pm. $4 selected cocktails, $3 beers, and $6 wines by the glass.
A word from TK's at the Villa Mayfair
TK’s at the Villa Mayfair is a warm and welcoming, full-service neighborhood restaurant and bar offering outstanding American International cuisine to local foodies, families, and friends. Open Tuesday through Saturday for breakfast, lunch, happy hour, and dinner, TK’s eclectic décor, amazing menu, and attentive staff come together to create an eatery so inviting, it feels like home. From flip-flops to business suits, everyone feels welcome at TK’s! Located at 2901 Florida Avenue in Coconut Grove, TK’s also offers semi-private dining, buy-outs, and on or off premise catered social and corporate events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
TK's at the Villa Mayfair reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)romantic (15)good for groups (14)fit for foodies (13)great for outdoor dining (11)special occasion (10)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (5)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/17/2013The food was ok, I expected more after reading all the reviews. However the service was great, everybody was very attentive and friendly. The decor was a bit funky.. But overall was a great place to hang out. Oh they also have $3 cocktail every Wednesday, which was another good thing.Special Features:
- The food was delicious andElianaDined on 3/30/2013The food was delicious and the service was great. Wine list - not so good. They don't have a good selection of wines. The outside area misrepresents how the restaurant looks inside: classroom chairs and tables for outdoor sitting then beautiful furniture and ambiance inside...just an observation.Special Features:
- Timo's is on a quieter streetHannaDined on 3/22/2013Timo's is on a quieter street in Coconut Grove. The menu is made up of small plates, large plates, sides & salads, with a small raw menu as well. We did a combo of small plates & sides (3 total), which was plenty for us (2 girls). The waitress was very helpful and willing to speak honestly about the sizes of all the portions. The food was all good in a classed up bar-food kind of way (we ordered to that effect). The standout was probably the homemade ketchup though! The bar fills up during heat games--they offer free beer during the 1st quarter, and that makes for a pretty loud, energetic atmosphere. Worth a try if you're in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- I have eaten at the VillaOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/19/2013I have eaten at the Villa Mayfair multiple times and always emjoyed it...I at at the new incarnation Timo's Villa Mayfair two weeks age had a pleasant experince on a Friday night. This last time was on a Tuesday.....bad news...It started when I asked the server for pepper on the Ceasar Salad....instead of grinding it he plunked down the pepper grinder and walked away...was it because he was busy NO they were maybe 5 tables occupied...I ordered the Pork Chop (which I had eaten on my last visit and thought it was a Veal Chop when I first tased it) I asked for it to be prepared Medium with a hint of pink on the inside. It was Medium Rare..I am not a fan of Trichomoniasis it was brought back overcooked...not a good showing
- A New Gem in Coconut GroveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/2/2013WOW! What a wonderful experience!!! Finally, we have a new choice for amazing cuisine at reasonable prices in the Grove. The Tuna Tartar was amazingly fresh, Roasted Cauliflower was decadent, and the Rack of Lamb was flavorful. Our server, Pablo, was friendly and fast. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Beautiful atmosphere withWritePlayLoveDined on 2/28/2013Beautiful atmosphere with exceptional service. Most of what we ordered (bang bang shrimp, lamb chops, short ribs) was very tasty. The mussels, however, were so fishy and mushy that they were inedible. I never send anything back, but this was an exception. The staff was very gracious and accommodating, replacing the dish and also providing a free glass of wine. Overall, the food was not the best I have ever had, but if you order the right things, the meal can be very enjoyable and reasonably priced. The decor and service truly made for a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- We were in Coconut Grove forOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/18/2013We were in Coconut Grove for the Arts Festival and saw a demo by Chef Chad at the culinary pavillion. The demo enticed us to eat at the restaurant, and we were certainly delighted that we did. The menu selections were varied. The preparation of dishes was precise. The taste was delicious and the prices moderate. Chef Chad was kind enough to visit with us after our meal. We look forward to returning on our next v isit to the area.Special Features:
- Service was nonexistent andOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/16/2013Service was nonexistent and food was just okay. Lots of kids running around.Special Features:
- A New Experience in Coconut GrovemiaminativeVIPDined on 2/12/2013We went on a Tuesday night and the restaurant was so empty we hesitated to go in, but are glad we did. The menu was fairly limited, but due to the good food and service we would definitely go back again.
- I was very surprised by theHumanDined on 2/9/2013I was very surprised by the price. We had 3 total drinks appetizers and 1 desert and spent $175. This is definitely not a 2 star. The service was very disorganized.Special Features:
- Good food but horrible service.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/8/2013Good food but horrible service. Waiter was not familiar with menu and never checked up on us
- Very enjoyable dinner. TheNickDined on 1/31/2013Very enjoyable dinner. The Branzino and the Sea Bass were tasty and well-prepared. This hotel-attached restaurant was better-than-expected.Special Features:
- Brickell / Grove neighborhood Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/30/2013In the Grove and Brickell there are not so many "go to" places and we found Timo's in the Grove and really loved it! The lighting is soft, the decor is ultra sexy yet homey and the food and service are both outstanding. This is definitely a neighborhood place that I am happy to finally discover with affordable prices I will be back again and again. This place is a gem and I am so thankful to finally have a "go to" place like this that I could afford and that is casual yet glamorous, right here in South Miami.Special Features:
- a gem!!!catesaVIPDined on 1/19/2013what a great surprise!, fun, modern, great food, the prices are excelent, Saul was our server what a fantastic experience. Must try cowboy coaine!!!!!Special Features:
- What a surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/18/2013It is not the same restaurant that we once dine. They changed the name, has a different menu and add tables outside. I was a bit resistant when I noticed the change and it was not advised by Open Table, but the experience was fantastic. Our waiter Franco was very nice, very knowledgeable, made our night a great moment. The couches and the decoration put us at easy. I definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Off to a Great Start!k8skateDined on 12/31/2012We went for NYE, I wasn't sure what to expect.The decorations and fun- filled space were only the beginning. 80s music, we opted in for the holiday menu- delicious! Saul took great care of us, next time I go I will ask to sit in his section. We were in and out early, we received a lot of attention, I'd like to go here again for the regular menu.Special Features:
- The only small negative IOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012The only small negative I have to say about our experience at the restaurant was the menu was a little limited and the restaurant had a little of a identity issue. It was hard to place a finger on what type of restaurant they were going for. The menu had a very few dishes and ranged from European cuisine to Asian fusion but the only main course with meat was steak or pork al carte. Not only was the food menu limited the non-alcoholic drink menu was very limited. With that being said the experience was great, the ambiance was romantic, and the food the was good. The server was very attentive and polite.Special Features:
- SUPER AFFORDABLE SOUTH BEACH GLAM!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/4/2012What a cool restaurant! It is super glam yet super funky and super AFFORDABLE which is the SHOCK thing to find. . . I have never been in such a glamorous restaurant that does not rob you on prices. . . It is a MUST! Dinner was relaxing, laid back and Chessie was super friendly. THE MOST BEAUTIFULLY restaurant and SUPER AFFORDABLE! We will DEFINITELY be back!!! PS: And the Home made Italian Wedding soup was SOOOOO DELICIOUS. We actually ordered one as an appetizer, a second bowl as our entree and we both took one to go and I am actually eating it today for lunch as I type ;-)Special Features:
- It was a magical experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012It was a magical experience. The food, the service, and the ambiance was all magnificent. Can't wait to go back...Special Features:
- Delicious!MarWestyVIPDined on 7/7/2012The food is delicious! We are planning to return next week for another gourmet dinner.Special Features:
- Disappointing. OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/27/2012Disappointing. Overpriced for mediocre food and very dated decor. I would not go back and will not recommend.
- Not worth the troubleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2012Seriously overrated. Steak was pretty good and prepared right. Grouper was slightly overdone. Place settings are attractive but not particularly functional. This place may not be great, but it's expensive.
- The food was good. The serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/23/2012The food was good. The service was very slow and lacking. The runners were nice, we always had our water glasses filled as well as our wine glasses. But our waitress was very slow and disappeared for a while instead of checking on us.Special Features:
- Rainy day diningOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/22/2012The night we went was raining but had gone there before and it was full of diners. The food is amazing though pricey, luckily we went with a Travelzoo voucher. I had the wagyu beef which melted in your mouth and my wife had the lobster which was rather small but tasted good. The service was great and the water glasses were always full. We had managers asking if all was ok which is something we appreciate because I am one that will complain if I am not pleased with the food or service.Special Features:
- Coconut Grove EateryViviRomaVIPDined on 6/16/2012Service was a little slow at the beginning. Very nice menu.Special Features:
- Definitely coming backOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2012Delicious food. Varied menu. Beautiful ambiance. Try it.Special Features:
- The lobster thermidor is notMikeVIPDined on 6/7/2012The lobster thermidor is not breaded as stated on the menu and is rather pricy at $35 for a lobster that weighs in at about 3/4 of a pound. The Alaskan King Crab canneloni appetizer is cold, not what you would expect from something called canneloni. The crab is shredded inside a wrap similar to what you would find on a Vietnamese roll. No large chunks of crab in an appetizer priced at $15. My meal, with no alcohol and no dessert, came in at $73 after the mandatory 18% tip (for parties of all sizes). I am a big lobster thermidor fan and drove 40 minutes to this restauarnt, but would probably not return.
- South Miami and the groveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/3/2012South Miami and the grove has always been a great Sunday spot to relax. We heard about this restaurant and decided to check it out. The intriguing and almost unexpected entry way led us into a gorgeous living/dining room…we had to take it in for a minute. Though the room was so elegant the staff, service and the vibe was quite the opposite from what we expected--really relaxed and genuinely kind! (a rarity in south Florida). We all did the mix and match combo which earned me - a great croque madame (awesome), a peachy bellini and eggs Benedictine. Great Sunday surprise, we hope to find time to try dinner.Special Features:
- Elegant local restaurant butNormanVIPDined on 6/1/2012Elegant local restaurant but definitely overpriced. Good bar. Unimaginative menu but each does was quite nice.Special Features:
- Perfect.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/26/2012Another great night at the Villa. Great restaurant with amazing food. Highly recommended. In my opinion one of Miami's best restaurants.Special Features:
- OK for brunch but horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2012Ok for brunch. The gnocchi was delicious but everything else was just mediocre. The French toast and tuna tare tare were bland. And for the price.. Really horible, rude, and tardy service. Will not return.
- It was okay but I would notOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012It was okay but I would not go back. It wasn't as good as I expected.
- Probably will not return herehistoryandwineDined on 5/13/2012The service at this restaurant was very good, however, the kitchen was not well organized. To begin with, the kitchen lost our order for brunch, and we were a party of three who sat and waited for and hour and a half for our food. When we were finally served, we were brought the wrong order first. Two cups of coffee were served to us cold, before a third was finally brought warm. The gnocchi tasted alright, but was cold in the center like it had not been warmed up completely.
- The food is outstanding, superOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/5/2012The food is outstanding, super fresh, extremely well prepared, service very attentive.Desserts were out of this world. The decor is chic and vibrant. Needless to say that we will be back!Special Features:
- Exceptional--- and worth it!MiamiSpiceDined on 5/4/2012Superb food that is sublime! The best steak I have ever had--- a bone-in filet mignon.Special Features:
- The New Shining Star in the GroveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/18/2012Villa Mayfair-the Gem of Coconut Grove. No where in Miami does one find a restaurant of this kind. Elegant,impaccable service. Mouthwatering food. Beautiful decor. Delicious cocktails. Amazing wine and champagne list. Villa Mayfair was in every aspect the best dining experience Miami has to offer. With its Parisian flair one feels welcome from the minute you set foot into this exquisite Villa and just never want to leave. Definitely a place to come back to. And with all the different events and daily offers one is assured one great experience after the other. A must go place to visit-no m(ter where you live.Special Features:
- Gem in the Grove: Villa MayfairOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/13/2012Glam, beautiful décor, loved their cocktails w/ the large cube of ice. The food was good n the wine wine excellent! I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Everything on the menu weLoveDiningVIPDined on 4/13/2012Everything on the menu we tried was absolutely perfect. The truffle artichoke soup, the lamb, and the steak were all cooked perfectly with wonderful sauces and presented beautifully. The service seemed a little disorganized although there were workers everywhere. All were very nice and helpful, I never felt rushed.Special Features:
- We recieved a gift certificateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2012We recieved a gift certificate from a friend.We live in the Grove but had not heard of Villa Mayfair. It was an unique and pleasant dining experience. Our waiter was very nice but needs more training as was ovbiously by listening to the female waiteress on duty. He did well dealing with his language obsticle. My lamb which I ordered medium rare and specified "very pink" came medium at best, when I mentioned it to him he beacame a bit defensive and said that was how they served medium rare- really ? Never offering to correct it. However, it was delicious. Also, the gentlemen who was "back up staff" not wanting to refer as busboy needs to be trained as a waiter. His natural"tableside manner" was noteable and I believe an attribute to yourSpecial Features:
- Fabulous restaurant. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/12/2012Fabulous restaurant. Food was amazing and the service was impecable. Will go back in a heartbeat.Special Features: