5300 E. Mockingbird Ln.
Dallas, TX 75206Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.central214.com/
- Phone: 2144439339x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:30am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 6:30am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Graham Dodds
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Central 214's South Wing offers a cozy yet contemporary retreat, ideal for your next event. Accommodating up to 50 sit-down guests or 75 guests for standing cocktail receptions/parties, the private room features elegant floor to ceiling windows overlooking the restaurant's courtyard and outdoor fireplace. Select from Central 214's seasonal menus or from a variety of private dining menu options for most any occasion, whether a special dinner gathering, bridal shower brunch, cocktail party or corporate event.
- Private Party Facilities: Central 214's South Wing offers a cozy yet contemporary retreat for up to 50 people seated guests,75 guests for standing cocktail receptions/parties. The private room features elegant floor to ceiling windows overlooking the restaurant courtyard and outdoor fireplace. Private dining menus available.
- Private Party Contact: Kelly Krause 2145602865x
- Special Events: Visit our website to see all upcoming events.
A word from Knife
Knife's extensive menu celebrates the diverse flavors and substantial tradition of American regional cuisine. The menu evolves with the seasons to feature the freshest seafood, poultry and local produce. Knife sources its ingredients from regional purveyors across the country to heighten the authenticity of the menu. Diners experience the soul of American cooking with rustic flavors, approachable dishes and the intimacy of sharing familiar American food together with family and friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Knife reviews from OpenTable diners
156 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (99)special occasion (85)vibrant bar scene (59)hot spot (56)romantic (44)notable wine list (43)good for groups (31)neighborhood gem (25)late-night find (16)great for brunch (8)great for outdoor dining (7)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (4)Show More
- Very NicepowerfilmVIPDined on 6/6/2014Only open for a couple of weeks so far. Wide variety of high quality meat based dinner options. Nice space. Good wine list and superb cocktails. Get a top quality burger for 12-15 bucks, or a 240 day dry aged ribeye for 80 bucks per inch. You control the bill. This is premium quality and service so expect a price point that is similar. A "modern" steakhouse.Special Features:
- Too far away7heavenDined on 6/5/2014Very loud, sat across the oversized table from my wife. It was too far for a conversation. Food was good but too unique. Not enough good old standby items.Special Features:
- InterestinglivestoeatVIPDined on 6/4/2014I know this place has great potential and I'm going to try again, but the first try left a bit to be desired. So I will post a review after the next try to be fair.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSms323232Dined on 6/4/2014Was ready for a real great steak experience but my rib eye was served barely warm and difficult to chew. Menu was complicated. Nice waiter and good wedge salad.
- The following 687 reviews are from the Knife reviews archive.
- Nothing else like it in DFWdhslitDined on 6/2/2014The is truly a new school steakhouse. Everything about the menu is original. From the yellowtail sashimi appetizer, house-made bacon and unique charcuterie to the beautiful dry-aged steaks to the unusual less-expensive cuts of beef cooked sous vide and then wood-grilled that stand up to the classics, this is a great restaurant experience for carnivores. Terrific bar, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Food, on TrackaJBRDined on 5/30/2014Having had a wonderful meal at Spoon earlier in the year, I decided to try Knife despite the fact it is only three weeks in to existence. The food was outstanding and like Spoon, I felt that the dinner, while pricey, lived up to the sort of stand-alone event that justifies the cost. There was a full scene at the bar which is open air to the restaurant; it wasn't roaring loud and diners could hear their tablemates, but don't expect a nice quiet reserved dinner. Knife's menu is more flexible than Spoon's, so vegetarians and others can make their way, although to not partake of the menu's fully-realized meat obsession seems like a shame. No major early-time kinks, but give this place another month or so and it should be special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak Done RightCommodoredfwDined on 5/25/2014Had the 45 Day aged Sirloin. Amazing Cut. Sides of spinach and mac and cheese prepared perfectly as well. Great apps as well Paired with a nice bottle of Bordeaux made a great night. I will be coming back to try other things on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Potentially great. Lots to work onWingnutVIPDined on 5/24/2014Knife has the potential to be great. But it has only been open a week. The decor: the bar areas inside and out look comfortable and inviting, the dining room design look like cheap 70s. The concept of various cuts of meat to allow cheaper alternatives is great. The tri-tip and lamb were each perfectly cooked and amazingly flavorful. The watermelon salad was astounding. Issues included the onion soup, which had too much sherry. The pasta bolognese was dry and over-peppered. Highs: the sides - spinach, onion rings and mac & cheese - were top shelf. Best of all, the wine list here is interesting, outstanding and omits the typical steakhouse extra markup. Kudos to the wine director. So Knife is a work in progress. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Get Your Meat Onhal52VIPDined on 5/22/2014A wide variety of meats and cuts of meats were available to choose from, some rarely found on a menu. The menu also offered some tasting "flights" of edibles, like five types of bacon as one dish. The service was very helpful and the drinks were well poured. Nice comfortable tables and chairs on the patio made for delightful alfresco dining.Special Features:
- Great new venueReinhardVIPDined on 5/22/2014Chef John has brought an interesting take on serious food, especially meat, to the Dallas restaurant scene. Taking cuts of beef, not usually prized by great cooks, and then preparing them perfectly, is both delicious and fun. The restaurant is newly open and is still working out some kinks, but none were serious issues. The interesting and wide-ranging wine list is delivered by a very knowledgeable sommelier, excellent pairing suggestions.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014I had the opportunity to have brunch at Knife before the official opening. Food was fantastic and though the kitchen was working out a few minor kinks, I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Very creative menu, knowledgeableDinerDined on 12/24/2012Very creative menu, knowledgeable servers. Tables spaced nicely so you can converse at your table, but don't feel isolated. Everyone at our table was pleased. I have eaten both lunch and dinner here and would recommend both.Special Features:
- Overall, very good food butOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/22/2012Overall, very good food but some items were a bit salty. Our waiter did a great job.Special Features:
- Best restaurant buy in DallasDallasdinerVIPDined on 12/7/2012This restaurant has the best service my girlfriend and I have experienced (outside of a Michelin-starred place in France). Quick, attentive, unobtrusive. Food-wise, our beet salad was an original and creative take on an oldie.... filled with beautifully-seasoned cooked and fresh veggies and a delicious sauce. Being seafood folks, we ordered the redfish and the snapper. Both were obviously prepared by a chef staff that knew seafood. Overall the food was in a 5-star class at 3-star prices. We think Central-214 is the best restaurant buy in the whole Dallas-Ft Worth area.Special Features:
- Took a girlfriend out to dinnerElunder1Dined on 11/30/2012Took a girlfriend out to dinner to catch up. Matt was our waiter and did a fantastic job!! Wine recommendations were great and the cocktails we ultimately chose were fantastic. Loved the "Autumn Romance" drink special. We both had the redfish. It really is the most perfectly cooked fish I've ever eaten - crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. The crunchy baby croutons are the best part!! I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Scotsman falls for Scotch EggOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/23/2012I understand that they are planning on giving the interior a make-over. It needs it. Although nicely designed I find it a bit cold and hard-edged for my liking. I like an old, soft, warm feel and this is definitely modern. Maybe they can find a compromise as the food is outstanding. Have the dinosaur kale salad if only to order something in a restaurant with dinosaur in the name - it's also excellent eating. The de-constructed Scotch Egg. This staple of the British Pub is wonderfully executed with a lot of flair and subtle touches. Basically anything that Chef Dodds puts on the plate is going to be good. Enjoy.Special Features:
- Even with reservations andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012Even with reservations and several vacant tables, we waited 15 mnutes to be seated, another 20 for a server to come to our table, over an hour before receiving appetizers. Was it worth the wait? As invisible guests, YES, the four course Thanksgiving meal was most delicious. Service was the worst I've ever experienced. No apologies offered...we weren't the only guests who left disappointed. High praise and compliments to the chef(s)contemporary spin on traditional Thanksgiving feast.
- The food was excellent, butBryanFisherDined on 11/22/2012The food was excellent, but the service was not good. Due to issues in the kitchen, it took 90 minutes to bring out our entrees. We were told that their system crashed in the middle of the service, but with a special, limited holiday menu, there shouldn't have been issues to that magnitude. The wait staff was friendly and did what they could. The manager to his credit did not charge us for our dinner and sincerely apologized. It's a shame that the good food was overshadowed by issues in the kitchen.Special Features:
- All I can say is the HotelOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012All I can say is the Hotel and the Restaurant rolled out the "Red Carpet" for us and I could tell they do this for everyone of there customers. I was quite impressed with both. It was a great experience, that I will not forget. Making the reservations was easy on line, no trouble at all, and they even called me earlier in the day to confirm with me as well. I felt like Rock Star. Thanks for a great evening!Special Features:
- Brought two relatives wholightbrownhairVIPDined on 11/16/2012Brought two relatives who had not eaten at Central 214 before and they were very impressed. We all had the steak (pronounced excellent by all) and of course the fries. The fried green tomato pie is wonderful.Special Features:
- Great for a Special NightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/13/2012Eclectic food choices presented beautifully tasted delicious. Impeccable service.Special Features:
- Consistently good food andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/13/2012Consistently good food and generally reliable service. We had to wait, but not an exceptionally long time, for our entres and they comped an entre. Very nice gesture!Special Features:
- The waiter was very nice andRoxanneVIPDined on 11/10/2012The waiter was very nice and attentive. Food is a bit eclectic and pricey for the portion size.Special Features:
- We always love coming to CentralMicheleVIPDined on 11/7/2012We always love coming to Central 214...outstanding as always....Special Features:
- Great food (lots of uniquesgalDined on 11/3/2012Great food (lots of unique meats -- rabbit, goat, etc.) but somewhat less than attentive serviceSpecial Features:
- We chose Central-214 to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2012We chose Central-214 to celebrate our wedding anniversary and it definately met our expectations at every level from service to atmosphere to decore. Awesome experience for my wife and I.Special Features:
- With as many choices in DallasTy2dineVIPDined on 11/2/2012With as many choices in Dallas it was good to have different choices on the menu instead of the usually beef, chicken or pork. I would recommend to those looking for a change.Special Features:
- Amazing veal and rabbit!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/28/2012I had the BEST TIME this past Sunday for brunch. My parents were in from out of town and I thought Central 214 would be a good place to take them. Well, I was right! My mom and fiancé had the quiche which was absolutely amazing and my dad had the cornflake crusted French toast which was gone three minutes after it was sereved (my dad didn't share too much of that) and I had the grilled cheese with the creamiest tomato soup, it was absolute comfort food. We were waited on by Eumir who spoke in Spanish to my mother a few times, she doesn't understand or speak it, and she completely ate it up. She thought he was very charming! I would highly recommend central 214 to anyone who is looking for an undiscovered brunch hotspot. It's fantastic!Special Features:
- A Must Do!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/23/2012Amazing experience! Can't say enough good things about this restaurant. Our experience was fabulous from beginning to end. A most memorable evening - thank you!!Special Features:
- Great service. Very adaptableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2012Great service. Very adaptable when number of guests went from 10 to16 suddenly. Good food, served in a timely manner.Special Features:
- A must experience diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2012This was one of the most outstanding dining experiences I have ever had! Highly recommend it,Special Features:
- Unusual foodstonisVIPDined on 10/19/2012Goat ribs! I've never seen them on any menu and we have traveled extensively. I had to try them and was not disappointed. Yum! Food and service was great.Special Features:
- Great meal as usual. I lovedlightbrownhairVIPDined on 10/13/2012Great meal as usual. I loved the new squash salad and the duck breast.Special Features:
- Over the years, things havewswsVIPDined on 10/8/2012Over the years, things have changed and the menu was tweaked numerous times. We are glad that this is still a place with outstanding food and impeccable service. Easy to get a table, a somewhat quiet place, great for conversations, with modern ambiance. For a trendy restaurant unusually kid-friendly.Special Features:
- Two Thumbs Up!BigDFoodieDined on 10/1/2012Chef Graham Dodds has bumped up the cuisine. It is delicious, unpretentious, and truly exemplifies the farm-to-table movement possible in Dallas, TX. The service is warm, friendly, and attentive. We will return often.Special Features:
- great for an anniversary!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2012Central 214 was fantastic! We had gone there for our anniversary and the restaurant treated us to a couple of free glasses of champagne. We were a little intimidated by the menu and the amount of words on it that we could not pronounce, however our server was more than helpful in explaining what they had to offer. My wife and I order a scotch egg, salad, pork chops, ribeye, and a couple of coffees. The only thing that was less than spectacular was the salad, but even it was still good. We would definitely come back here again.Special Features:
- chef dodds' food is exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/18/2012chef dodds' food is exceptional and decor is nice, but the place was dead...no energy...too bad.Special Features:
- The service is outstanding,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012The service is outstanding, that alone is enough to make you want to return. Food is very good but not excelent. Went on night of football game (college) so was a little noisy.Special Features:
- BARTENDER IS POMPOUS......BlakReignDined on 9/15/2012Upon arrival I was impressed. I had the mushroom omelet and it was DELISH!!! Ummmm. Too bad the cocktails weren't that great. When my companion left our table to discreetly ask the bartender to remake with the fresh ingredients her requested, he said 'that is what you requested it's probably because you go to bars around here and they don't use the correct ingredients'! WHOA!!!!!!! Actually buddy we don't frequent BARS or this area for that matter so that was a total deal breaker! We requested a manager and asked that our wonderful waitress not be reprimanded as a result of the self indulged judgemental bartender. No.....I don't believe I want to return even though we were offered our next meal as a courtesy.Special Features:
- Great menu, great food andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2012Great menu, great food and wonderful service! We enjoyed dinner so much that we went back for breakfast. We will definitely return when in Dallas!Special Features: