5300 E. Mockingbird Ln.
Dallas, TX 75206Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.central214.com/
- Phone: 2144439339x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:30am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 6:30am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Graham Dodds
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Central 214's South Wing offers a cozy yet contemporary retreat, ideal for your next event. Accommodating up to 50 sit-down guests or 75 guests for standing cocktail receptions/parties, the private room features elegant floor to ceiling windows overlooking the restaurant's courtyard and outdoor fireplace. Select from Central 214's seasonal menus or from a variety of private dining menu options for most any occasion, whether a special dinner gathering, bridal shower brunch, cocktail party or corporate event.
- Private Party Facilities: Central 214's South Wing offers a cozy yet contemporary retreat for up to 50 people seated guests,75 guests for standing cocktail receptions/parties. The private room features elegant floor to ceiling windows overlooking the restaurant courtyard and outdoor fireplace. Private dining menus available.
- Private Party Contact: Kelly Krause 2145602865x
- Special Events: Visit our website to see all upcoming events.
A word from Knife
Knife's extensive menu celebrates the diverse flavors and substantial tradition of American regional cuisine. The menu evolves with the seasons to feature the freshest seafood, poultry and local produce. Knife sources its ingredients from regional purveyors across the country to heighten the authenticity of the menu. Diners experience the soul of American cooking with rustic flavors, approachable dishes and the intimacy of sharing familiar American food together with family and friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Knife reviews from OpenTable diners
154 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (98)special occasion (83)vibrant bar scene (63)hot spot (55)notable wine list (44)romantic (42)good for groups (33)neighborhood gem (24)late-night find (15)great for outdoor dining (9)great for brunch (8)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (4)Show More
- This location is very convenientBuckoDined on 8/1/2008This location is very convenient if you are staying in the area. It is a great place for lunch and the food was terrific. I especially like the multi grain bread served at lunch and the staff was so helpful. Open air feel but cozy at the same time.Loved it!! Also bar scene was hot late night! Very clean and the dinner menu looked awesome but we had to leave before we could try it, next time!Special Features:
- My wife wasn't too hungryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2008My wife wasn't too hungry so she ordered a small pizza but when it came out it was very spicy and she couldn't eat it. The waiter offered alternatives of which she selected a salad. We ended up be charged for the pizza at $10 of which I didn't notice until the next day. Very disappointing in that we were charged. Calvin was the waiter on 7/25 on ticket 40032.Special Features:
- Generally very good food,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2008Generally very good food, but some room for improvement. For example, the crab cake was excellent, but the grilled romaine was...well, it was burnt lettuce. The bib salad was good, but the salty elements (bacon, blue cheese, dressing) overwhelmed the sweet (candied nuts and beets). The scallops were outstanding, the accompanying veggies went well with the dish, and the sauce was balanced and had a hint of freshness due to the fresh oregano. The lemon sole was a wonderful piece of fish and the gnocchi were delicoious. However, the red wine reduction sauce didn't go with anything and actually detracted from the other elements on the plate. Desserts (canoli and bberry cake) were good, solid dishes.
- Brunch was great but I hadOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/6/2008Brunch was great but I had asked for an 11:30 seating and was told via open table only 11 and 1 were available. The place was empty when we got there at 11 and remained so when we left about 12:30; no reason I could see why my time requested was not granted.
- Creative menu. Large portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/5/2008Creative menu. Large portions and very good wait staff.Special Features:
- We had a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/3/2008We had a great experience at Central 214. The staff was spectacular, the food great, the ambiance was excellent. We love the space layout. We had so much fun at dinner that night, we took a group of 14 two nights later to sit in the bar area and have appetizers and drinks. Once again the service was great and food excellent. It is so nice to have a restaurant like this so close to our Lakewood home.Special Features:
- Waiter and hostess went aboveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/30/2008Waiter and hostess went above and beyond to satisfy comments that I had placed when making reservations.Special Features:
- Normally this is one of ourOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/28/2008Normally this is one of our favorite restuarants. We enjoy the food and the bar scene. Our Saturday evening was very disappointing. We were crammed in the back of the restaurant and the A/C was broken. After several nearby partrons (including us) suggested that the A/C be adjsuted, nothing was done. Keep in mind it was over 100 degrees that day. My food, the short rib, came out well done and stringy. I've had this dish several times before and it is one of my favorite menu items. My husband had the entree replaced only to have a similar experience the second time around. To make matters worse, I experienced food poisoning as a result of this dining trip. We will unfortunately not be making a return trip soon.Special Features:
- Central 214 is one of my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/27/2008Central 214 is one of my favorite restaurants. Good food, good service, and good drinks!Special Features:
- Good service and quiet, contemporarOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/24/2008Good service and quiet, contemporary style but food was horrible.
- As always, this was a perfectFoodSnob50VIPDined on 6/22/2008As always, this was a perfect get-a-way for a weekend. Whether it be snacks by-th-pool dinner, or brunch, the food is fantastic. The service is superb!Special Features:
- It seems like every good restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/21/2008It seems like every good restaurant in Dallas is loud! I really long for the days of quiet intimate restaurants. However, for Dallas,214 Central was very nice. The decor is beautiful! We only had one complaint; the butterleaf salad was so salty that it was barely edible. My husband kept thinking it was just him or he was getting the wrong combination of ingredients on his fork, but it was truly bad. The waiter brought him the Ceasar, however, and it was outstanding! My fish special was wonderful. Our evening was very nice...just wish it could have been quieter. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- While enjoying our hotel stay,CJ7492Dined on 6/21/2008While enjoying our hotel stay, we decided to make reservations in the restaurant after seeing the past two nights of our stay that it was a "happening place!" We were delighted to find the service, the food and the atmosphere to be equal to the Hotel Palomar! Thank you, it was excepetional in every way! Carol and John DavisSpecial Features:
- Really good food for the money--aOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/20/2008Really good food for the money--a good value in fine dining. I have been there three times. Most recently, I did have to send the wild boar special back because it was a poor cut and was undercooked. I opted for the hanger steak (very good) instead. The chef came to my table and gave a personal apology--she had missed my plate and assured me it would have never gone out like that. With good and attentive service that is not overbearing, I recommend Central 214 as very reasonably priced fine dining.Special Features:
- Only ate there because weOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2008Only ate there because we were staying at the Hotel Palomar. Wouldn't go back.
- Incredible food. So sorryOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/14/2008Incredible food. So sorry the chef is leaving. Loved the appetizer pizza. Would go back just for that.Special Features:
- very attentive service greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/7/2008very attentive service great food contemporary atmosphereSpecial Features:
- I saw Cental 214's Chef onOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/1/2008I saw Cental 214's Chef on a local morning show. He showed a french toast dish that looked fabulous that I wanted to try. My sister was in coming into town for the weekend, and for her birthday we decided to go to Central 214 for breakfast. Our server greeted us with a "has anybody greeted you yet" even though no other server was even remotely close to where we sat. She didn't smile once and acted as if we "put her out". I know she was busy, but our food did not come out in a timely manner and when it came time to pay, we had to give our credit card to a buser to give to her since she never came back to the table. We were there an hour to eat breakfast!! Too long due to the slow service. Food was good, but will not be going back...
- I really enjoy myself whenOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/31/2008I really enjoy myself when I dine here. I have referred 3 people to the restaurant. Please continue to hire wait staff that are friendly. I love the wait staff b/c they seem to all work together. Sharon BlackshireSpecial Features:
- A fun venue...great atmosphere...grOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/30/2008A fun venue...great atmosphere...great food...nice bar/patio.Special Features:
- It was a nice experience forEMF2013Dined on 5/28/2008It was a nice experience for a dinner with clients reasonably priced and a relaxing environment.Special Features:
- it was great, loved our server,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2008it was great, loved our server, reservationist, etc.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant, decorOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/15/2008Excellent restaurant, decor and atmosphere are excellent. Food was excellent. Service was fine. Menu's were dirty and I had an early dinner. Menu online didn't match menu at restaurant. Wine list online didn't match the wine list at restaurant. Part of the reason I chose this restaurant was a specific menu item and specific bottle of wine. Website should be maintained more regularly.Special Features:
- it took a long time to getOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/11/2008it took a long time to get our food although it was very good when it did arrrive Its probably a better dinner place. Had one of my best meals there for dinnerSpecial Features:
- Biscuits and gravy were notOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2008Biscuits and gravy were not what I expected. Very salty, a little cold, and the biscuits did not taste fresh. The frech toast was great. We orderd bacon and it came out burnt, the second try came out well under cooked. The waiter took it off the bill, but when you think "Applewood" bacon you want it just right. Seems they could not make it happen. Our coffee cups were empty more than they were filled. All things considered we had brunch here before and it as great. This time not so much.
- Servers need to be trainedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/10/2008Servers need to be trained on how to make a great cup of espresso & cappuccino! Thank You!Special Features:
- Food was excellent, pricey.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/6/2008Food was excellent, pricey. A cab was ordered, moderate price. White wine glasses were provided. When noted, I was told that they were all broken, and they were reserving what was left for better wines. Not appropriate for a restaurant claiming their position in the city.Special Features:
- This was honestly the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/2/2008This was honestly the best service i have ever had. The food was amazing and all the waiters were so attentive to everything. I really enjoyed my dinner. The staff was friendly and VERY repectful. I could have had not had a better time. Everything was beyond fabulous. You get a round of applause and two thumbs up. I will definetly make this trip more often to stay at the Palomar and eat at Central 214. Thanks, Lindsey WalkerSpecial Features:
- I found the space quite coldOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/1/2008I found the space quite cold and too sparse. Food was very good. Service was very good.Special Features:
- I enjoyed my experience fromBIte50Dined on 5/1/2008I enjoyed my experience from beginning to end. I shared in a cooking class with the head chef of Central 214(at Neiman's Marcus). He recommended the burger and fries from his lunch menu. I agree that his burger was fantabulous and the fries should be packaged (like shoestring potatoes). I will be back and have recommended it to others. I also dined there with some friends in celebration of my birthday. Everyone in my party tried something different and no one was disappointed. I will be back because I must try everything on the menu!Special Features:
- Lovely food - but only ossoNancyEFVIPDined on 4/28/2008Lovely food - but only osso bucco I ever had without a marrow bone (a particular favorite of mine). Decent wine selection, and good sommelier for assistence.Reliable treat on a cross-country trip.Special Features:
- Hope to go back sometime whenOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/20/2008Hope to go back sometime when I'm not ill. Very pleasant, excellent service, and my husband enjoyed his food!Special Features:
- Once again everything wasFoodSnob50VIPDined on 4/13/2008Once again everything was outstanding. We always trying something differnt and we are never disappointed. The quality of the food is fantastic and the presentation is always inviting. The bar makes the best Mojito in town! We will return.Special Features:
- The service, food, and drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/11/2008The service, food, and drinks were all EXCELLENT! From the minute we walked in the door, we felt that the hosts and waitstaff were attentive and friendly, but not overbearing. Our waiter also made excellent recommendations in the hanger steak and the lamb, as well as a 214 gin drink which was one of the best new drinks I have found in awhile. I will definitely go back sooner rather than later!Special Features:
- This is about my 5th visitVWWVVIPDined on 4/11/2008This is about my 5th visit to central 214, and probably my last. It seems the quality of the food has gone down hill. Specifically the lemon sole with gnochi. The fish was flavorless, and the Gnocchi were scarce. Additionally, my waiter was not able to even remotely answer questions about the menu.
- Food was excellent and serviceSusanDined on 4/10/2008Food was excellent and service smooth and unobtrusive. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Everything was very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/6/2008Everything was very good. foie gras needed to be a crisper on the outside. Server was very helpful and freindly.Special Features:
- First, we had reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/5/2008First, we had reservations at 9 and we were not seated until close to 9:20. The server wasn't very good at all. He focused on another table most of the evening and we didn't even get our order taken until close to 9:45. The food was so-so, but I have had much better food for the price at other hotels. I felt like I was dining in a bar, not a restaurant. I will go back for drinks, but not for the food.
- Beef Carpaccio very good MarylandOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/4/2008Beef Carpaccio very good Maryland Crab Cakes very good Lobster Bisque was very rich-almost too rich, perfect amount of lobster Salads were good Steak undercooked and it was already pre-sliced Sent back, came back dry and still undercooked-went to move the plate slightly...plate too hot for hands-dropped my fork into my lap stained my slacks...asked why my plate was so hot-server said it was put under the broiler to keep the french fries hot while they were fixing my steak My wife ordered the vegetarian ravioli-was told it was spinach ravioli, instead it was Goat Cheese Ravioli Manager apologized, took off steak and ravioli and bought us a delicious Key Lime Pie Abacus, Capital Grill, or Hibiscus next time.
- Everything middle of the road,LVLocalVIPDined on 4/4/2008Everything middle of the road, not great, but good.