55 West Cherry Street
Walla Walla, WA 99362Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.whitehousecrawford.com/
- Phone: 5095252222
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Monday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jamie Guerin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room is a lovely, airy space with wood paned windows looking into the adjoining Seven Hills Winery Barrel Room. It is a versatile location for both private and corporate events as well as cocktails receptions. Seating is available in various configurations for groups up to 40 people.
- Private Party Contact: Emily Riley 5095252222
- Special Events: Our private dining room is a lovely, airy space with wood paned windows looking into the adjoining Seven Hills Winery Barrel Room. It is a versatile location for both private and corporate events as well as cocktails receptions. Seating is available in various configurations for groups up to 40 people.
A word from Whitehouse-Crawford
Dining at Whitehouse-Crawford is a true Walla Walla experience. Our foods are sourced from local farmers and artisans, our wines from local producers, and the dining space is a unique piece of Walla Walla history.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Whitehouse-Crawford - Best Restaurants in Walla Walla ›
Whitehouse-Crawford reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (80)special occasion (79)fit for foodies (75)romantic (49)good for groups (29)neighborhood gem (25)hot spot (14)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (8)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Hit or miss food; weak serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/22/2014If it weren't for the ambiance and a nice wine list, this place wouldn't have much separating it from a chain restaurant. The service started off poorly with our waiter leaving us with drink menus for about 15 minutes while he chatted it up with the hostess; I finally flagged him down and he lumbered over like we were troubling him. Service improved only slightly after that, mostly due to the other food runners who were attentive in bringing out appetizers and meals. Food was mediocre - good appetizers (pork belly steamed buns and onion crisps); the gnocchi was terrible - overcooked, mushy and flavorless. The ragu that was served over it was good, but.... Scallops were okay, not great. Overall, too $$$ for a C+ experience.
- Always GreatPjacrouxVIPDined on 3/21/2014Whitehouse-Crawford is a must for anyone visiting Walla Walla. It's an eating adventure. There are always new flavors and combinations that you will find interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Constant quality & innovationEatingwellDined on 3/7/2014Wonderful locally sourced and delicious food. Been here several times when visiting Walla WallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super birthday treatHappy21Dined on 2/26/2014We just went for dessert, and it was spectacular. The staff was friendly and efficient. The creme brulee and twice baked chocolate cake were to die for. The atmosphere was warm and cozy. All in all, it was the perfect night cap to a thoroughly enjoyable birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Major TreatDancerDined on 2/23/2014We visit Walla Walla often, as our daughter attends college there. We always make a point of dining at Whitehouse-Crawford. We are never disappointed. The food is exquisite. The menu is rather small, but varied. My steak was cooked to perfection. My wife and daughter had a pasta dish which they both savored. The wine list is extensive with a wide price range, featuring the local wineries. the atmosphere is elegant. I recommend it highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food bad serviceBillDined on 2/15/2014Second consecutive time I eat there and experience poor service. Waiters do the absolute minimum required and display bad attitude. They also show very low initiative to help you choose a meal or find a table to your liking. The food was good but honestly not worth the time and money due to the overall employees.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening-if you can afforddomerduckDined on 2/15/2014it...$275 for 4 and we had one of the least expensive red wines. Still if you have a special occasion (like we did celebrating our first grandchild-5 days old-with their parents) it is well worth it. The service and food was outstanding. We each had a different entrée, all excellent. My vegetarian daughter was very happy with her risotto. The salad where we spit two was one of the best I've ever had. We also split 2 desserts (very good) and 1 appetizer, small & expensive, but tasty. Most pleasing was the atmosphere taking a tiny baby, they were very accommodating. We also saw a young family (3 kids under 10) with their parents who did very well. In a big city you'd pay more than double for something just as good so go and enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itJlo330Dined on 2/15/2014Positives first - the décor and ambiance of the restaurant are exceptionally nice and service was attentive. Our negative impression started when we showed up at the door of the restaurant and it was locked. Our reservation was 5:00pm and at 4:56pm, we were still locked out in the cold rain. If you are not going to unlock your door until 5, the earliest reservation you should accept should be 5:15! The food was acceptable but ridiculously over-priced. Our daughter is vegetarian and the only apparently vegetarian item on the menu (risotto with vegetables) turned out to be made with chicken. The chef made her a veggie plate but it was greasy and not flavorful. Waste of money - would never go again.Special Features:
- Restaurant ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/2014Great food! Wine was too expensive at $108.00. Have had better wine for a lot cheaper. Small portions for the price but tasted excellent ! Will come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointednewdinerDined on 2/1/2014We looked forward to visiting for the first time. We just moved to Walla Walla and brought out of town guests for a special occasion. While we would visit the restaurant again, we felt the service was average and the food slightly above average. When booking the reservation we were asked if it was a special occasion so we listed we were celebrating a big new job for our daughter. No one at the restaurant mentioned it or acted like they had reviewed our reservation. Hopefully our next experience will be a better one. We did love the setting and did have a great time visiting with our guests.Special Features:
- Great food, beautiful ambiance,WWTransplantDined on 1/25/2014Great food, beautiful ambiance, impecable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food wine and servicepiperDined on 1/25/2014Dining here was a pleasure, food was great, service was outstanding, portions were just right I would definitely recommend dining here. A little spendy, but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TapasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/18/2014We were not impressed with the menu. We ended just having a few appetizers, making it a tapas night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, just not enough of it.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/11/2014I love dining at Whitehouse Crawford. The food and wine are excellent. This last time I ordered the 'prix fixe' menu (a salad, an entree and a dessert). I also ordered an extra vegetable. Unfortunately, the servings were so small, I was still hungry. I am not a big person but I am a hungry person. Perhaps this is a trend at the better restaurants in Walla Walla. I had a similar experience at The Marc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true gemMsFabulousDined on 12/31/2013Whitehouse-Crawford remains one of the truly original and elegant dining rooms of the Northwest. The Chef's simple and elegant approach to rustic food is always a pleasure. Ask for Cherie as your server. She's brilliant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place.SaraDined on 12/26/2013I love the atmosphere. The food is some of the best in Washington State. The beef is always outstanding. I have food allergies and the kitchen can always accommodate me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fulfilling experience every timeNativeSatisfactionDined on 12/26/2013The experience of dining here is worth every penny. The staff is always prepared to help everyone enjoy every moment. No dining issue will derail one from leaving with a smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special - not stuffyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/20/2013We really enjoyed taking our adult son to Whitehouse-Crawford for a bit of Christmas cheer. He lives in Denver, and has been giving us gift cerificates to W-C over the years and this was his first opportunity to dine there. We all enjoyed the traditional basket of onion "strings" and the meatball appetizer was delish. My husband said the lamb curry was "first rate" and my son loved his burger. The berry sorbet was lick-the-plate clean wonderful. The staff, as always, was attentive but not intrusive. Whitehouse-Crawford is the perfect spot for special occasion dining.Special Features:
- dinner reviewJimmyDined on 12/13/2013My dinner companion (who is critical of restaurants to say the least) and I dined at Whitehouse Crawford on Friday night. Our meal from beginning to end was outstanding. Cocktail, wine, salad, main course and dessert - all above average. A great experience.Special Features:
- Atmosphere great--the rest staidDavidVIPDined on 12/7/2013I have no idea who our server was because she didn't greet us with anything personal. While the restaurant is quite fancy in regards to some of the things it does, we missed the personalization that comes from the competing restaurants at this price point. The servers and help were omnipresent and the limited menu delivered delicious fare, by the time she checked back with us, to mention the lobster was overcooked and the fish was a bit mushy was too late. We've visited Walla Walla for 13 years--we have many optiowe ns; this won't be one of them again.Special Features:
- Very DisappointedFrankieDined on 12/7/2013This was my first time at the Whitehouse-Crawford. Service was horrible. Waited 15 minutes for my drink order. One hour for dinner. Manager was not apologetic. I expected the bar bill and/or the $50 bottle of wine to be removed from bill. I will not go back nor will I recommend this restaurant.
- 2013 Barrel tastingwathompsonDined on 12/6/2013We went over for Winter barrel tasting and had a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anyone in the know knows...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/28/2013this place. Itself a key ingredient in the life of Walla Walla. The restaurant provides dining that is good, never less than that, and on occasion sublime. The high point for its special Thanksgiving meal was a mushroom-infused pudding, more like a mousse, that made me think I'd gone to butter-heven. The four-part dessert was superb, too. In recent years Whitehouse-Crawford has taken special care to hire an attentive, sharp, and courteous waiting staff that it educates with dedication. I wish its corkage fee were lower, but I have that complaint about many a high-end restaurant. Its own wine list is good but not extraordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So disappointing!GinaVIPDined on 11/16/2013We were looking forward to dining here as we'd been before. This time was different. The four of us had to wait 30 minutes for our table despite having a reservation. We were offered a drink to make up for it, but it ended up on our bill. We had the impression it was complementary. The pasta dish was really bad. No spices. Bland. The steaks were alright, but not worth the price. Service was subpar. Won't be going back.
- A wonderful timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2013Five of us had delicious meals and got to the theater on time ... I appreciate our waiter's attention to our time frame. The list of non-alcoholic beverages was far better than average, and the ginger ale + lime juice was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad seating arrangements03kkDined on 11/10/2013The food is very good, the service is great. However, the tables are so close together that you can't have a conversation without the tables next to you hearing every word. The lack of personal space was a big disappointment.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian nightCindyDined on 11/9/2013We were looking forward to having great food.we were in walla walla last month and couldn't get in so was really looking forward to going this trip. Our party had looked online and all really liked the menu. When we arrived it was Italian week and the menu was nothing like we had read online. We all like Italian food but not that night We ordered the calamari which was excellent and then came the chicken crattatori dish that was so bland we had to add our own to it. We had heard great things about the old menu and were looking forward to showing our friends great dining in walla wallaSpecial Features:
- outstanding in every waydragonflyDined on 11/1/2013From the excellent & unhurried service to the beautifully presented & delicious tenderloin, we found Whitehouse Crawford to be memorable & exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucky FindOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/28/2013We weren't expecting to find such a lovely place open on a Monday night, but we figured it was worth the chance of venturing into Walla Walla from Dayton. We were happy we did. The food was great, the restaurant itself a great space. The sauce on the tenderloin was fantastic and our waiter was excellent. The only downside, which wasn't even worth taking even a fraction of a star off, was that their menu on Yelp said they'd have duck, but I'm guessing that was their summer menu because no duck. Still, I'll have to come back in the summer to try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food-difficult for vegetariansFromOutofTownDined on 10/26/2013The food was great, but it was very limited for one member of our party who is a vegetarian. The server seemed unknowledgeable about options for those with this food restraint, which I was pretty surprised by. Otherwise, our experience was good overall. Worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Food, Very Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/26/2013Admittedly, we were dining on Whitman College's Family Weekend, so every table was filled and every server was zooming. We had a 5 pm reservation and received a phone call urging us to arrive on time, which we did. The restaurant doors were still locked at 5 pm, so we waited on the sidewalk with other patrons who had also received phone calls urging them to be prompt. Our meals were very very good. Our college sons especially enjoyed their grand burgers. The atmosphere of the restaurant is lovely. We probably will return on another occasion, but probably not on an event weekend.Special Features:
- It was OKOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2013Not as good as past visits. The Bristol Bay salmon overcooked and service was slow. Our waiter seemed to not be able to remember that one of our party had a nut allergy and brought the cheese plate appetizer with nuts on it. It took 15 minutes to have it remade which was disappointing. We have been there numerous other times with better service so we will give them another chance. As frequent diners in many restaurants, we understand an off night.Special Features:
- You impressed my motherCollegeVisitorDined on 10/24/2013Was in town for local college weekend and we dined here one night. The ambiance, food and service were very good. My seventy-six year-old mother is incredibly hard to please so when she said the place was "nice" well, I nearly fell out of my chair. I'm sure others can find fault with the menu or the wine selection or the service. For us that evening everything came together just right and we enjoyed ourselves immensely. Thank you, Whitehouse-Crawford.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I am tired of restaurantsAlishDined on 10/16/2013I am tired of restaurants that only serve meat and potatoes and no vegetable with an entree, though I know that is how it is now. We paid $39 for the beef tenderloin entree and it came with mashed potatoes and a few chantrelles. Would it be too much to expect a vegetable as well? I guess so. anyway, I'm not inclined to return.Special Features:
- Wonderfully romantic. The24theroadDined on 10/16/2013Wonderfully romantic. The food was luscious and wait staff very attentive. Could lower the lights for later reservations. Enjoyed it tremendously. Will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was only so so...onewwwwineDined on 10/13/2013The service was only so so...one appetizer was not as requested, bread forgotten and 2 of the 5 main courses were not up to the price or standard of this restaurant. The other 3 meals were very good ='s inconsistent.Special Features:
- A great experience!SMDJHDined on 10/12/2013The ambience is outstanding.....the restoration and changes to the old historical building are terrific. Service staff was friendly, pleasant and knowledgeable. Food is well presented and wonderful. Would highly recommend to anyone living in or visiting Walla Walla.Special Features:
- A winnerPhilDined on 10/10/2013Every coarse we had was outstanding. I would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant to anyone for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab Food, Lackluster WaiterFoundParisinSeaDined on 10/6/2013Wonderful restaurant, food was amazing. We had dinner here on our first anniversary on a weekend getaway to Walla Walla. Only gripe was that our particular waiter seemed to be completely uninterested in waiting on us. Oh, you wanted wine/dinner/dessert? Thankfully there was another lady who came by and checked on us and got us what we were hoping for. Definitely not an inexpensive place (unless you sit at the bar!), but worth every penny. We will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodOrestesDined on 10/5/2013Excellent Dining experience! It was easy to make reservations. Friendly, helpful and knowledgeable staff. The service was prompt and courteous. The food was exceptional, I have never experienced better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.