55 West Cherry Street
Walla Walla, WA 99362Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.whitehousecrawford.com/
- Phone: 5095252222
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Monday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jamie Guerin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room is a lovely, airy space with wood paned windows looking into the adjoining Seven Hills Winery Barrel Room. It is a versatile location for both private and corporate events as well as cocktails receptions. Seating is available in various configurations for groups up to 40 people.
- Private Party Contact: Emily Riley 5095252222
- Special Events: Our private dining room is a lovely, airy space with wood paned windows looking into the adjoining Seven Hills Winery Barrel Room. It is a versatile location for both private and corporate events as well as cocktails receptions. Seating is available in various configurations for groups up to 40 people.
A word from Whitehouse-Crawford
Dining at Whitehouse-Crawford is a true Walla Walla experience. Our foods are sourced from local farmers and artisans, our wines from local producers, and the dining space is a unique piece of Walla Walla history.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Whitehouse-Crawford - Best Restaurants in Walla Walla ›
Whitehouse-Crawford reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (83)special occasion (82)fit for foodies (80)romantic (53)good for groups (30)neighborhood gem (27)hot spot (17)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (7)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- ExceptionalEeyoreDined on 7/6/2014Our Sunday evening dining experience in celebration of our wedding anniversary, began on a high note when we were greeted by the hostess who could have been a long-lost best friend (yes she really was that nice). It never dropped off from there. Our server, Nate, was pleasant, knowledgeable, and attentive throughout the evening, without hovering. The wine list is fantastic, offering splits, as well as full bottles, of truly superb WA wines, which allowed each of us to choose exactly the varietal we wanted to pair with our meals. The food presentation was beautiful. Portions were perfect. Flavor was awesome. It was an outstanding experience in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disapppointing aberration?omnivoreDined on 7/3/2014I have dined here many times and been quite satisfied but this time was very disappointed. I appreciate a leisurely meal - one of the niceties of this restaurant and something to be expected at these prices - but we waited a solid hour after we ordered for our food and the place was not that full. The wait staff seemed poorly trained - our waiter was nervous and was being shadowed by an unkempt and lumbering trainee, and when our food FINALLY came, the person pouring water reached right in front of the waiter just as he was about to serve our plates, instead of waiting until we'd been served. Maybe a little thing, but very noticeable in a restaurant of this quality. Not a good first impression for the Seattle friends I brought with me.Special Features:
- Chef's counterChefscounterDined on 7/3/2014We always eat at the chef's counter where you can watch the chefs prepare the meals and decide what you want to order based on what you see.Special Features:
- Surprise dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014I took my wife her for a surprise dinner and set up a dessert for us. They did an awesome job putting it together and keeping the dessert fresh till dinner. Awesome job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasion gatheringDinner4sixDined on 6/28/2014Excellent wine choices and limited but delicious menu, recommended by our B & B proprietors. We were seated near a very exuberant and noisy group of young women celebrating a birthday and/or bachelorette event. We were a more mature group of six celebrating one couple's 45th wedding anniversary. Several diners complained about the noise but the wait staff did not make any effort to ask them to quiet down a bit. In addition we waited nearly an hour between our starters and main courses. This was too long; the waiter seemed inattentive to our table. Good news: our main courses were delicious, which nearly made up for the delay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience at WhitehouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014First of all, both outdoors and indoors, it was immaculately clean. The restaurant has a lovely wide open floor plan with the Chef cooking out in the open to guests. Reservations are a very good idea during busy season. Our waitress Anna was a delight and knowledgeable. The Calamari was impressive. Had the steak and it was expertly done and simple. perfect portion size. Dessert was a treat and a great ending to an amazing meal. And their wine menu has so many various choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GemMaddogVIPDined on 6/27/2014After traveling the world in search of great food and wine, I always come back to Whitehouse Crawford when I visit Walla Walla. Worth the trip.Special Features:
- Great foodIslandboyDined on 6/27/2014We were visiting from Hawaii and the Whitehouse was recommended by family who frequent Walla Walla. Our experience was just as they stated. The waitress was very helpful in paring our wine selection for the halibut which was excellent and pork with a cherry sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner on Wednesday nightWesternWATraveler2014Dined on 6/25/2014My wife and I had a very pleasant dining experience at the Whitehouse-Crawford Restaurant. First, the restaurant's ambiance was most pleasing. We liked the openness of the dining area in addition to the hardwood floors. The proprietors of the restaurant did a fine job of re-jabbing an old Walla Walla warehouse. Second, our server Joe was excellent. He was friendly, polite, solicitous, and very knowledgeable about the food and wines of W-C. It's our hope that the next time we come to Whitehouse-Crawford that he be our server. Third, our dinner was superb. The food was healthy and had a northwest flavor to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Chef's TableSusanfromSeattleDined on 6/25/2014We sat at the counter overlooking the kitchen on a Wednesday night. Sous Chef Lainie and her crew prepared a fabulous meal before our eyes. Halibut seared on the range and finished in the oven came on a bed of spiced spinach with parsley and cherry tomatoes, an unusual and delicious combination. They cooked my husband's pork a perfect pink, with beautiful spring vegetables and a sauce of whole bing cherries that was to die for. There is a lot of good food and wine in Walla Walla, but Whiehouse Crawford is not to be missed.Special Features:
- A Classic in Walla WallaSFWeekendFunDined on 6/20/2014Whitehouse Crawford was a classic dining experience with great service, a memorable wine list and excellent food. The chef continues to set the bar for fine dining in the the Walla Walla Valley.Special Features:
- Always GreatPjacrouxVIPDined on 6/19/2014Whitehouse-crawford is consistently great. The food is always inventive and perfectly prepared. The service is always attentive and informative. We never miss coming here when we visit Walla Walla.Special Features:
- Must tryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/13/2014Whitehouse Crawford has the potential to be ranked amongst Washington State's best restaurants. The location, setting, ambiance, wine list, and expense already place it on the short list for sure- but the menu and food are lacking just enough to disappoint. With a a lamb chop entry and some work on pasta selection as well as presentation and sauce choice they could rise to the occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusieQDined on 6/6/2014Wonderful meal- especially the fried onions!!!! The Asparagus salad....the duck. The rhubarb crepe....l do go on.....Special Features:
- great mealBobTDined on 6/4/2014We met long lost friends here for dinner. We had a great visit made much better by the excellent food and service. And a beautiful old building.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 325 reviews are from the Whitehouse-Crawford reviews archive.
- Very enjoyable dining experienceWoodiesGoodiesDined on 5/31/2014Our party of six was seated at a round table which really helped the conversation flow. The menu was limited but interesting, the food was good and our waiter was very friendly and helpful. The high ceilings and wide-open space of this historic space made the ambience quite good and we thought the prices were fair. I would recommend it for a special dinner, especially for groups.Special Features:
- timandgeneDined on 5/29/2014Always excellent! From appetizers to dessert everything was unique tasty and absolutely wonderful!Special Features:
- Perfect DinnerDanielVIPDined on 5/26/2014Seated at the "chef's table," a counter overlooking the display kitchen, I saw it all. Ordered a French Pinot Noir, a Salad Frissee au Lardon with Coddled Egg, tender Duck Confit, crisped in a wood-fired oven, to which I added a spicy crepe ("pancake") they were serving with something else, and the best Creme Brule I ever tasted. The service was American friendly, the food was like The French Laundry. This is maybe my fifth visit, this time solo, and it is worth the drive to Walla Walla, Washington every time. Sensational in every way! Already planning a next visit to this fascinating wine country.Special Features:
- A bit disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014A very nice atmosphere, quiet and comfortable. Food was good but not excellent. Small portions. Would probably try to find another place if in same position next time.
- BrightbulbsDined on 5/22/2014We just had excellent food. The salad was to die for. My appetizer of fois de gras and rhubarb chutney was excellent. I must try to duplicate that one. Larry's halibut was very good.Special Features:
- Fabulous Food!!LoriwDined on 5/21/2014An amazing evening! Fabulous dishes that spotlighted many local fresh veggies. Such as fresh morels & new asparagus. Amazing wine list--we enjoyed the Cayuse--can't get it anywhere & winery isn't open to visitors. The chef was super innovative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to EscapeCollegefoodieDined on 5/21/2014Whitehouse is a great place to get away from the daily grind. Don't expect to get in and out quickly, it's a restaurant where you should enjoy every course, while taking the time to relax and chat with friends. They are very accommodating and the food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably DeliciousFoodnwineloverDined on 5/21/2014We have eaten here about six times in about as many years, and we always have a lovely time. The food is tasty and service is attentive. Of course, they have a large wine list. I had the steak, my husband had the duck, and my son had halibut. All were cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TempAssignDined on 5/18/2014It was our first time dining at Whitehouse-Crawford. The food and service were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would recommend without hesitationPLCMDined on 5/11/2014Between the two of us, we had the steak and duck entrees. The duck breast with wheatberries was wonderful, however the additional duck leg was over cooked. The steak was lovely, as were the desserts. I was a little disappointed by small selection of the red wines offered by the glass; as yummy as the cocktails were, they did take awhile to be delivered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ranks way up there for us!MLJBendDined on 5/10/2014We really loved our meal experience at Whitehouse-Crawford! It exceeded our expectations on all points. The restaurant is lovely inside, with several dining areas (tables, bar area, and looking at the chefs). We were able to sit at the Chef's Table which was a real treat. They impressed us with their professionalism and presentation of each dish prepared. Our server was helpful with just the right attentiveness and suggestions. Our food was BEAUTIFUL and DELICIOUS! An asparagus salad, lamb with pasta ragout, and halibut special, plus homemade salted caramel ice cream. We would definitely recommend and hope to return on our next Walla Walla excursion. My husband said it was one of his best meals ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So So experience....SteveDined on 5/8/2014Simply put!!- overpriced for what you get, flavors could use a boost. Desserts not so in line with what this restaurant wants to convey. Saw a lot of burgers being made and looked good. If I return, (probably not) maybe the burger is the best bet & value for the price!!!
- Been there-done thatBobbieDined on 5/4/2014We enjoyed the atmosphere, but The meals were disappointing for the price. Three of us had steaks and the outside was cool when served and the inside was medium rather than medium-rare. There was no pink in parts, but the steaks were very tender! Our waiter assured us the spinach sauce accompanying the halibut was not really spicy, but 2of the 3 in our party could not eat it. We did enjoy the experience, but will try some other restaurants in Walla Walla next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mkafmkafVIPDined on 5/4/2014Very professional and polished operation in a lovely conversion of an old factory. Tables are comfortably spaced and the sound level is easy on the ears. Nice menu too.Special Features:
- What happened?MollyDined on 4/30/2014We have always enjoyed Whitehouse Crawford & so decided to take friends there for dinner. This time was awful. Two in our party ordered halibut which was overcooked. My dinner was just barely warm. It took forever to get the food, and the restaurant was not crowded. I will thing ling & hard about going there again. And I certainly would not want to take guests there again.
- XanderDined on 4/27/2014Two creative menus to chose from. The bar menu has smaller innovative dishes to complement the restaurants more substantial selection. The fried onions are a Walla Walla Classic.Special Features:
- Slipping?2fordinnerDined on 4/26/2014Last weekend we were disappointed by the limited menu and the food we ordered. I ordered the asparagus salad which had one piece of asparagus. It is in season so I thought I might not have to hunt for it in my small $8.00 dinner salad. The beef tenderloin was good, but was served with 2 mushrooms slices, brown sauce, and a small serving of potato/parsnip mash. My partner ordered halibut, but did not like the pickled spiced side that came with the dish. There were no other starch sides or veggies available to order unless you wanted the fried onions. We had had those for an appetizer. People around us were ordering burgers and fried onions. Is Whitehouse-Crawford trying to become known for pub food? Too bad….Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just so-soOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014Nice ambience and good menu. It took 2.5 hours for our meal. Service was very slow so we left without dessert and coffee. We found it to be expensive, also.
- Disappointing at best.Happy21Dined on 4/18/2014The steak was cold. The salad was pointless. The gnocchi could have come out of a can. And the price was top dollar. Very disappointing. The duck was excellent. And I can recommend dessert.
- Great Dinner in Walla WallaPFergusonDined on 4/12/2014My husband and I spent the weekend with 2 other couples in Walla Walla. I had heard from friends as well as from reviews that the Whitehouse-Crawford was the place to eat in downtown Walla Walla. We all very much enjoyed the food, the service and being able to dine in such a cool old building. We split the check 3 ways and it was about $150 per couple including gratuity. Not really bad for this level of dining. Most small towns do not offer this type of dining experience. Love this place!! We plan to return on our next trip to Walla Walla.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best for "after wine tasting tour"OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/11/2014After a day of wine tasting, no better place to "un-wined" than Whitehouse-Crawford. Wide open atmosphere is just right, and the food is fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant, quiet, lovely..BethVIPDined on 4/7/2014Historical building/setting, history provided! Good food, great fried Walla Walla onion appetizer, good service, attentive staff. Lovely design/decorations. Quiet, comfortable in nice blue jeans!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant - Great FoodJH69Dined on 4/5/2014This is a great restaurant in an old brick building that has been redone. Great open air kitchen and the food was amazing as well as fantastic service.Special Features:
- Always my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2014We visit WW several times a year to taste and buy wine. With two nights to eat out, we vary our first choice and always choose Whitehouse for our other choice. Sometimes we are disappointed with other restaurants but, as impossible as it may seem, we have never had that experience at Whitehouse Crawford. This weekend the scallops topped with a thin crisp sweet potato cake and a dusting of roe was perfectly done. Others were equally pleased with the duck breast (with a wheat berry and kumquat side) and the beef cheek ragu. For a change, we sat at the chef's counter and enjoyed watching the show. If you don't want a full gourmet meal, they serve an amazing burger with onion rings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceRunThis35Dined on 4/4/2014Our food and cocktails were lovely. Expect service to be leisurely--give yourself time to eat. My boyfriend and I started a wine weekend with a late Friday dinner here, and we loved every last bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.