Yardbird Southern Table & Bar
1600 Lenox Avenue
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
Yardbird Southern Table & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.runchickenrun.com/
- Phone: 3055385220
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Saturday 9:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday 9:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Southern
- Executive Chef: Clayton Miller
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Yardbird Southern Table & Bar
Bringing the best fried chicken and freshest farm ingredients from Florida and Georgia to the table since 2011, Yardbird has since garnered the praises of the James Beard Foundation as a semi-finalist for “Best New Restaurant South” and as one of Bon Appétit’s “50 Best New Restaurants” in 2012. Yardbird sticks to the values of tradition, family, and community with a menu of “soul-nurturing” dishes intended for sharing. A warm, comforting environment lets guests feel relaxed and at home while dining at Yardbird. Southern touches add to the nostalgia, like antique candlestick holders, wildflowers on all the tables, and handmade light fixtures outfitted with Edison bulbs in Mason jars.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Yardbird Southern Table & Bar - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
Yardbird Southern Table & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
257 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (175)hot spot (131)neighborhood gem (129)great for brunch (113)good for groups (100)great for lunch (93)special occasion (74)vibrant bar scene (57)great for outdoor dining (32)kid-friendly (23)romantic (20)late-night find (19)notable wine list (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Busboys were a little too attentivedinerDVIPDined on 8/9/2014I really enjoyed the food but did not enjoy the experience. The busboys walked around our table at least once a minute, picking up whatever they could and wiping the table. While, the intentions may have been good, the effect was it made us feel rushed to leave. There was no wait at the time, so I can't think of any justifiable reason for the continual hovering.Special Features:
- The south in MiamiJuantroquelDined on 8/8/2014Nice southern food. Fried chicken the specialty. Nice Drinks and small bitesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gotta try the Mac and cheese!aandujarDined on 8/8/2014Everything was excellent. The chicken was super fresh and crispy, the waffles and water melon super tasty, but the Mac and cheese was superb! Will come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BdaluvsmiamiDined on 8/8/2014The food was simply delicious! Left there so satisfied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingburtons3Dined on 8/8/2014They set the scene from the moment you walk in. The atmosphere is very inviting. The service was too notch and the food was delicious.the best fried chicken I have ever tasted. It was my first time and definitely not my last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/4/2014LOVED our meal at Yardbird last week - wish I lived in Miami to visit often! The Fried Green Tomato BLT and Deviled Eggs were awesome appetizers, and the ribs and chicken were delicious. I'm still dreaming of my cheddar waffle and the green tomato chutney and the biscuits, with accompanying jam, were not to be forgotten. We had A LOT of food, more than three hungry adults could reasonably finish. Will definitely return the next time I'm in South Beach!Special Features:
- Over HypedatodonoghueDined on 8/2/2014The staff was friendly. The decor was pleasant. The food was okay, but I know places with a lot better chicken and ribs for a lot less money.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceSimsy45Dined on 8/2/2014This was my first time dining here and I was happy with our choice. We ordered the fried green tomatoes blt, fried chicken, macaroni & cheese, and the mama's chicken. The chicken was moist and succulent, not greasy. The flavors were awesome. I was pleasantly surprised about the fried green tomatoes done I'm not a big fan of pork belly. The food was really good. Our waiter was helpful, attentive, but not overly attentive. He served us in a timely manner. I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good People Good FoodGoodStuffDined on 8/2/2014Really enjoyed Yardbird. The Chicken and Waffles were pricey...but once you taste them you find that the food was worth every cent and more!!! Enjoyed our waitress as well!Special Features:
- JohnR2JohnR2Dined on 8/1/2014Love Yardbird. The Lewelen Fried Chicken is the Best fried chicken I've ever had.Special Features:
- Come hungryOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/1/2014Not only are the portions generous but the food is fabulous. Not for calorie counters, this place is a real splurge and the food is great for sharingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.CrystalDined on 7/31/2014The only bad thing I can say about my dining experience at Yard Bird: I wasn't able to try the Bone Marrow, because they don't serve them at lunch. Aside from that, the food and cocktails were outstanding! The fried chicken was as good as my granny's and the small plates were out of this world. Don't miss out on the toasted chicken liver and deviled eggs with trout roe! Even though Yard Bird is considered "hip" and "trendy" the ambiance didn't feel pretentious. Our server was knowledgeable and made really fantastic suggestions and the manager stopped by and was really warm and suggested we try a restaurant from a former chef, who now has a restaurant in our hometown, NYC. Keep up the great work!Special Features:
- yummyAvisobeDined on 7/27/2014always delicious! We love taking our friends there, so much fun and the food is so good!Special Features:
- ChickenEatingisasportVIPDined on 7/24/2014The food is amazing. The price is expensive but the taste is well worth the splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpectedly Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/23/2014While the decor is nothing fab the food and drinks were amazing! Best frog legs I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sunday chicken ever!!!MaricDined on 7/23/2014Our third visit to Yardbird, our third great meal. The portions are large enough to share. I highly recommend the Sunday chicken, it is fabulous!!! The fried green tomato appetizer is also one of a kind! The salads are delicious as well. This is a high energy place, if you like it really quiet this might not be the place for you. The wine is moderately priced. I recommend reservations as the bar area is small if you have to wait. A South Beach must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Espresso Price! Yikes!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/22/2014All was amazing, server had recommendations which I love especially since it was our first time. Read great reviews on the restaurant and decided it was a must. In fact many people we met in Miami spoke quite highly of Yardbird. Be prepared as portions are huge so make sure you have room for the star: Llewlyn's Fried Chicken. The only real let down was the $7 espresso? A bit shocking to be honest. Not quite sure why, I own many restaurants (Toronto & LA) and a bakery in Toronto....espresso should not cost more than $3.5 even if you're roasting your own beans. Come on, Really? Hotels are not even charging this much! Other than that it is a must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent casual diningPFP1963VIPDined on 7/22/2014This was a fun night out with friends for casual dining. Great southern cuisine. Excellent and unusual cocktail menu. Great helpful staff! The fried chicken is outstanding as is the Mac & Cheese! Do not pass on the lime donut balls for dessert - yum!Special Features:
- A gemAnaNYCVIPDined on 7/21/2014Great food and service in an uber touristy area. Book ahead as hard to find tables for the busiest times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YB 7/2014AKAkrazyDined on 7/20/2014Overall a decent spot to eat. The biscuits where a little harder then expected, the Mac N Cheese was a little too imitational and the seating for two where to close to others seating for two. When one person who sits on the long couch like benches, if they need to get up they have to walk in between their table and the group next to them which was literally inches apart. So my date had to get up and use the bathroom and her butt was pretty much in the next couple faces and personal space. Not really lived up to the hype over this spot.Special Features:
- BrunchbrickcityDined on 7/20/2014Yardbird has me wanting fried chicken and waffles every-time i'm in miami beach. Good vibes and great service.Special Features:
- Perfect place for brunchNolaTravelsDined on 7/20/2014Excellent menu, great bar, our server was very knowledgeable and attentive. He based his suggestions on where we were from and our basic tastes for food. The atmosphere was upbeat and it was a great brunch all around.Special Features:
- Yardbird is excellent3rdwardDined on 7/19/2014Yardbird has the best tasting southern food that i have ever tasted since i been in South Florida! Cant wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodhighFoodhighDined on 7/19/2014Miami has "out-south'ed" the South with combined ingredients that bring new life to old Southern recipe's. 50 Eggs has the Midas Touch!Special Features:
- Southern HospitalityritzarichDined on 7/18/2014Best fried chicken ever. The service excellent and the cocktails are amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Meal and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/17/2014We had a great evening! Thank you to our server, Julian, for his recommendations on menu items, and for guiding us through the evening dining process with his polished and friendly service. It was by far the best service experience that our small group of three had on our 3-day trip to Miami Beach.Special Features:
- Good spottfoxDined on 7/14/2014Food is excellent and enough to share the charred okra and fried chicken are staplesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Brunch!BrunchAtYardbirdDined on 7/13/2014This is definitely a Miami must-dine restaurant. Everything that came out was great. Our server gave us some recommendations and filled us in on the most popular items. Everything came out promptly and was cooked to perfection. I would highly recommend for brunch and don't forget to make a reservation as the place fills up quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just grits and cornponeShekamooVIPDined on 7/12/2014Typical only in the array of ingredients featured, Yardbird promises a truly memorable experience on multiple levels. The restaurant occupies a prominent corner location close to bustling South Beach, Lincoln Road and other attractions. The interior can be described as Southern rustic chic, with high ceilings, intimate lighting, a bustling bar scene and a semi open kitchen. The servers are friendly and knowledgeable, especially Andrew, who has served us on two occasions, both three star experiences. His cocktail recommendations were spot on based on our stated preferences, as was his advice to order a few items to share because the kitchen gets good and busy so all of the items ordered by your table may not arrive together. Ask for him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DallasitesDallasitesDined on 7/12/2014Always cordial service and comfortingly delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014The food/drink and service is amazing! My only complaint is that the tables for 2 were very close together. It was hard to have your own conversation with the other tables so close.Special Features:
- Food was disappointingSavamikeyDined on 7/11/2014I had been very excited about going to Yardbird, and we went for my birthday. I found the food to be mediocre at best. The fried chicken was overcooked, and the ribs were very tough. The biscuits and the mac n cheese were phenomenal, but everything was very expensive and a la carte. So you pay $40 for a dish, and then you pay $10 for each side. I can't see myself coming back here anytime soon. And the service seemed to want us out of there as quick as possible. I've never seen anything like it. The dude was all over us. And we received our food literally 5 minutes after ordering, which makes me wonder how fresh the food was.Special Features:
- FeetfrstDined on 7/11/2014We only could get a 6:15 reservation which was OK but we were rushed to the point of amazement , ordered couple of courses within minutes entire order came out, tables on both sides of us had same rushed experience and we're not pleased.
- YardbirdmsbnyVIPDined on 7/10/2014We loved this restaurant. The fried chicken is a must have!!! The special hot sauce they bring is incredible. The mac'n cheese is evil and delicious. The bourbon blueberry lemonade was fantastic. Our server was adorable. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great Food Of CourseTallieFoodGalDined on 7/10/2014The food lives up to the reputation here!! Chicken & waffles, fried green tomatoes with pimento cheese & pork belly. Awesome... Setting is eclectic & fun, if a bit noisy. The service was a little erratic though. We were greeted & seated promptly, got our menus.. Then our waiter disappeared for quite a while before we were able to order drinks. We had to wave down a server finally to fin our waiter. That said, this was the only low point in an otherwise great dining experience!Special Features:
- Unique for South BeachTeePeeDined on 7/8/2014This place is very unique for a typical South Beach restaurant. The service is absolutely outstanding! The hostess was very warm and welcoming and our waiter was very attentive. He came by our table many times just to refill our sweet tea and water. The atmosphere is very unique, too. Very clean and nice decor. Our table was a one of the center booths. It was very nice and intimate, despite having the feel of a very full and packed restaurant. The food is great. Must try their fried green tomatoes and fried chicken. Their waffles were okay, nothing very special. This place is not very kid-friendly, but they did call us (prior to our arrival) to tell us about not having a high chair for our baby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingBobbyeVIPDined on 7/7/2014The food is exceptional. Very southern with a Miami twist. We have been there several times and have enjoyed it every time. Warning though, portions are huge, definitely a place to be able to shareSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014Great Place with wonderful food and fantastic service!!! The Best Gluten Free Fried Chicken around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CocktailsslvalenciaVIPDined on 7/6/2014The food is 100% Southern, and the portions are enough. The Cocktails are the best.Special Features:
- mos205VIPDined on 7/5/2014Yardbird is a must visit everytime we are in Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.