Yardbird Southern Table & Bar
1600 Lenox Avenue
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
Yardbird Southern Table & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.runchickenrun.com/
- Phone: 3055385220
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Saturday 9:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday 9:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Southern
- Executive Chef: Clayton Miller
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Yardbird Southern Table & Bar
Bringing the best fried chicken and freshest farm ingredients from Florida and Georgia to the table since 2011, Yardbird has since garnered the praises of the James Beard Foundation as a semi-finalist for “Best New Restaurant South” and as one of Bon Appétit’s “50 Best New Restaurants” in 2012. Yardbird sticks to the values of tradition, family, and community with a menu of “soul-nurturing” dishes intended for sharing. A warm, comforting environment lets guests feel relaxed and at home while dining at Yardbird. Southern touches add to the nostalgia, like antique candlestick holders, wildflowers on all the tables, and handmade light fixtures outfitted with Edison bulbs in Mason jars.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Yardbird Southern Table & Bar - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
Yardbird Southern Table & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
245 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (158)hot spot (122)neighborhood gem (114)great for brunch (98)good for groups (89)great for lunch (81)vibrant bar scene (58)special occasion (54)great for outdoor dining (23)kid-friendly (18)late-night find (16)romantic (13)notable wine list (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- The spot for brunchnysleepermanDined on 9/14/2014My second time here. The food was excellent again, service was very good and our server gave us great guidance and suggestions. The atmosphere is hip and superb without being over the top. Definitely a must for brunch and probably dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a dateAJC23Dined on 9/14/2014I wanted to do something different with my girlfriend, so instead of planning a dinner around 7 pm, I took her to have brunch at Yardbird. She had never been there, even the southern food was new for her... And well, she loved everything. Great food, very good service, awesome environment and good prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great home cooking!DCGuyFoodVIPDined on 9/13/2014Fantastic, friendly service. They take reservations and actually seat you on time. Food is just downright delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place lives up to the hype!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014For once, a highly-rated restaurant lives up to the hype! Overall a fantastic dining experience. Usually we just care about the food, but this even had stellar service, casual chic ambience, and only moderate noise level despite it being a completely full house. It's easy to try out different places in the Miami Beach area, but it's the exception to want to repeat. Would definitely return on our next trip back. Our favorite was the fried chicken biscuits (Mama's biscuits I think they're called). Perfection. Look forward to trying out different items next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One Word.....JusBnMeMeDined on 9/13/2014AWESOME.....from the coffee Savory Waffle, to the Chicken, to the Specialty Omelett, and the Cheesy Grits!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- AmazingClfmaddenDined on 9/11/2014Cocktails were served in jars and really good. Food was AMAZING! Get stuff to share. Eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Fried Chicken and Grits ever!JacquieDined on 9/11/2014This is a gem! The fried chicken and grits are the best.Special Features:
- A must dine experience!!YogibearDined on 9/7/2014Lived up to its reviews! Arrived early for our table as we wanted a few cocktails before dinner. Had a few light bites to begin with... The bread and butter pickles were incredible, and the frogs legs were mind blowing! Great recommendations from the bar team,great food knowledge from them all... All chipped in and generally seemed passionate about the menu. The drinks list is solid and has plenty for every taste... The strong as oak and The blackberry bourbon lemonade our favorites! Once we sat down our waiter was amazing(Aaron).We wanted to try everything. And he gave us great recommendations of what we should eat to gain the best experience. We were not disappointe. Professional, relaxed, passionate people, quality product!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aaaamazingadriDined on 9/7/2014I had been but took my cousin who had never been (she's a total foodie!) For her birthday. Kale/cornbread salad tasty maybe a lil overdressed but those croutons yums, fried chicken AMAZING, mac n cheese (her fav) and topped off with red velvet waffles!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Comfort FoodmaiyasmomDined on 9/7/2014The best fried chicken and waffles and the Mac & Cheese was to die for. Great food and service! Yardbird is a must do. We'll be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it all over again!RTapiaDined on 9/6/20142nd. time at Yardbird for brunch, remembered why I went there the first place. Amazing food, amazing service. Love the southernness of the plates. Bacon, Fried Chicken and Bourbon. Can't go wrong.Special Features:
- foodietravlerDined on 9/4/2014A visit from the manager, who made sure our fried chicken was only the best was a real bonus!Special Features:
- AmazingAlphaGammaDined on 9/3/2014Our server was helpful and friendly, and the food was perfect. The chicken buttermilk biscuits especially were ridiculously good.Special Features:
- Great quality food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014We found this restaurant from the Trip Advisor reviews - it was away from the main tourist restaurants, but the customer service and quality of food was great! Carlos (?) was our server, and he was very friendly and knew his stuff about the menu. Would recommend this place!Special Features:
- COOL VIBEBIGRED1VIPDined on 9/1/2014On vacation in Miami Beach we decided on Yardbird. Cool, Southern, Bluesy Vibe to this joint. Fried chicken is what they lay their claim to. Good cocktail list with bourbon as their specialty. Fried green tomato appy with pork belly was outstanding. Salads, biscuits...everthing for that matter was very good. Solid Pastry chef creating some fine desserts. Go hungry...portions are generous. Prices fair...Overall.. a winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first timeAlyssaDined on 9/1/2014My husband and I really enjoyed our first experience at Yard Bird. The service was great from the beginning because we booked a reservation with OpenTable. But, the food is what I should be talking about. We had the chicken and waffles, biscuits and Fried Green Tomato BLT. The best southern in South Florida. Yard Bird has such a unique take on their food and they do everything with excellency. And their speciality cocktails were also amazing! We'll definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KellyJDined on 8/31/2014Frequent NYC brunch-ers visiting Miami for Labor Day weekend. Everything was perfect. Our table was ready when we arrived. Our server, Francisco was energetic & knowledgeable. It was very busy but we didn't feel rushed to leave for one second. The drinks were strong and delicious. The food was melt-in-your-mouth good. Special shout out to that amazing bacon hashbrown potato pancake that came with the hanger steak & eggs. Best brunch of my life & my girlfriend says it was the best meal of hers. No exaggeration. If you're visiting Miami, you would be doing yourself a serious injustice by not having brunch here.Special Features:
- Simply amazingButterfliesohmy1Dined on 8/29/2014I had the chicken n' watermelon n' biscuits with okra and sweet potatoes it was heaven!!!! I will totally go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really TastyLouUKDined on 8/27/2014Good advice from the waiter regarding portion size and the type of cocktails available. The chicken main was really good and would recommend. The Starwberry Balsamic Daiquiri and Watermelon Sling cocktails were amazing. Good atmosphere and decent prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!carolusaDined on 8/26/2014Fun take on southern food! The ambiance is fun and relaxed, both for couples and groups of friends. It is a very nice alternative in Miami. Would definitely come back!!Special Features:
- High End Fried Chicken!SpgesqVIPDined on 8/24/2014I had been wanting to try Yardbird for a long time. It lived up to the hype and was fun, but very noisy. The prices on the menu for Southern fried chicken were shocking, but it's South Beach after all (plus $15 valet parking). Actually, since they serve family style, 3 of us shared 2 small appetizers and 2 fried chicken entrees (one with waffle and spiced watermelon) and the overall price turned out to be reasonable (about $30pp). That was without drinks, coffee or dessert. The chicken was absolutely delicious and very different than KFC! So long as you are prepared for the sticker shock, it's a beautiful restaurant and a fun experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2014A friend recommended Yardbird and I decided to visit while in Miami. I'm so glad we did! The food was great and the service was excellent. This will definitely be added to my go to list when I'm in SoBe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the Chicken BiscuitsHWB4VIPDined on 8/24/2014Went for brunch and had the chicken biscuits to start (best I've ever had), BLT eggs benedict, and waffle. All of them were incredible, and to add to the great food, they were playing awesome music the whole time. Really lively crowd and cool decorations. I've heard dinner is great there too, but the brunch was awesome. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- iammrslawrenceDined on 8/23/2014As always the food at YardBird was amazing...I went with 2 friends and we ordered Shrimp and Grits, Smoked Brisket and the Elvis Pancakes.....Everything was great! I bring friends here anytime they come visit from out of town and they all love it! thanks again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2014Third time there. Third great meal. We had different waiters each time and all were able to guide us through selecting a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findDawnDined on 8/20/2014So glad I found this restaurant. The Blackberry Bourbon Lemonade is a must have. The good is excellent and the service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMG! Food shouldn't be this good!FaylalaDined on 8/20/2014By far the best culinary experience I've had on south beach. But the good experienced it only enhanced by the superior customer service. I have never been escorted to the door and given salutations as I've left a restaurant, not until I went to Yardbird. They have top notch service an great food. What a great way to enjoy my birthday. I'll definitely be back whenever I'm in that part of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bloody Mary's needs more focus..21hotsauceDined on 8/17/2014I heard great things about this place, and it is ALWAYS crowded. I loved the restaurant and where they sat us. I had a couple come in from out of town and we went for brunch...although their Bloody Mary's looked fabulous with the garnish, they were pretty bland and didn't think too much of the food except for the fantastic MAPLE/BACON glazed doughnut! AMAZING!!!! Husband had the chicken / waffles...pretty good. I guess I was so excited about going, sometimes that leaves you unsatisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WeezieDined on 8/16/2014Good southern Stlye menu with a little miami spice kind of flare. I'm an Alabama girl and like to cook shrimp & grits but it was even better to have someone else cook them for me. They were delicious! The chicken & biscuits were fabulous too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestFoodieDined on 8/16/2014We loved this place- best southern food I've had anywhere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous BrunchLove2TravelVIPDined on 8/16/2014This was our third visit, but the first for brunch. My son devoured the fried chicken which was excellent and we enjoyed for the third time our favorite appetizer of fried green tomatoes, pimento cheese, and pork belly--YUM!Special Features:
- Fabulous Southern FoodsgedcDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I got a recommendation to try Yardbird from a business associate of my husband. BOY WAS HE RIGHT!!! We stopped at Yardbird before heading across the Everglades. It was Saturday morning and we were extremely impressed with the food and the service. It's a very cool place. Country, but classy. The decor is farm stand and modern combined. We had the fried green tomato BLT with their home cured pork belly, frisee and pepper jelly. Scrumptious!!! We had the chicken liver toast...sooth and creamy pate on a great grilled bread. Our third pick was the "quiche of the day". It was light and fluffy, but full of flavor. We SHOULD have stopped, but we couldn't resist the chicken and biscuits. We ended up taking them to go!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014Food was great. Bone marrow left something to be desired but everything else was amazing. Be sure to bring your appetite.Special Features:
- One of my favorites!!!SOBEKingDined on 8/14/2014I have eaten at this restaurant several times. I have no complaints and each visit is always as pleasant as the first. The staff are very friendly and the atmosphere is great!!! I love the details taken into consideration while designing this restaurant. There were no corners cut or lack of imagination. The food is great and I love the drinks as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another satisfied customerWestcoast74Dined on 8/11/2014Searched for a great restaurant in the Miami area for my birthday dinner. Read their menu and knew it was the right choice. BlackBerry lemonade was the best drink ever. First time I had shrimp n grits; flavorful, creamy,simply delicious. I also enjoyed the fried green tomatoes w/pork belly. Service was excellent. We were able to store our luggage while dining. This is one spot I will definitely return to Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern hospitalityBubblyDined on 8/10/2014We were recommended to go to Yardbird and it did not disappoint. Delicious and unusual food in a great atmosphere and we could hear ourselves speak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice BrunchDisappointingVIPDined on 8/10/2014We enjoyed brunch, though it is a bit pricey...Probably could have done with a bit less food. Favorite dis was the fried green tomato "BLT"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingAlanahlovesYardbirdDined on 8/9/2014Best food I have ever had, along with amazing service and dessert. This is a one of a kind place and it was just spectacular. I loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had the best birthdayTeeTeeDined on 8/9/2014What can I say! I love this restaurant. I had a last minute addition to my party and the staff were so gracious to accommodate us. The server was excellent and the food was superb. So good I went back the next day for brunch. Thank you Yardbird for making my birthday experience wonderful. When I am travel to Miami again, I WILL return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014We visited Yardbird for brunch as part of a bachelorette trip to Miami. Food was delicious, service was friendly- overall, great experience! Would recommend this place to others.Special Features: