Harrison's - Stowe
25 Main Street
Stowe, VT 05672Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Harrison's - Stowe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.harrisonsstowe.com/
- Phone: 8022537773
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Casey Christensen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Public Transit: the local mountain shuttle drops off just steps away from the restaurant. Check with your hotel front desk for updated route schedules
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Harrison's has a private lot as well as street parking and several free public parking lots located in the village
A word from Harrison's - Stowe
Welcome to Harrison's Restaurant & Bar. Located in the heart of historic Stowe village, we are steps away from shopping, local theater, concerts, the Stowe Recreation Path and the famous Green Mountain Inn.Once you step downstairs you will be greeted by caring and experienced servers that will make sure your dining experience is a memorable one. Our cozy dining room has quiet booths, a vibrant fully-stocked bar with 100+ bottle wine list, and a fireplace on those cold winter days. The barn board walls are covered with original historical photos of Stowe dating from the Kneale Family's 80 years living and working in the Stowe area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Harrison's - Stowe - Best Restaurants in Stowe ›
Harrison's - Stowe reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (62)romantic (53)special occasion (51)fit for foodies (51)notable wine list (21)good for groups (16)great for outdoor dining (13)kid-friendly (11)hot spot (11)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (4)Show More
- great meal, great service!DebbieDined on 7/27/2014Every time we are in Stowe, it's the first place we hit! It's consistently outstanding. The mussels are to die for, as is everything on the menuSpecial Features:
- cozy little placelaxdinerDined on 7/26/2014service was good. Needed support from hostess. food is tasty not too basic but not too exotic. everyone at our table had something different and enjoyed it. I would return and would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing Short of Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Dad and three 13 year old boys. Ate apps, entrees and deserts and every plate went back clean. Local beers on tap, had Switchback. I would highly recommend this place. I eat out a lot with travel and this is one of my favorites. Staff was very friendly and super attentive. We ate there Friday night and all three kids were still talking about it on Sunday and wanted to eat there for lunch before we left town. Unfortunately dinner only!Special Features:
- A Favorite In StoweFood4ThoughtDined on 7/22/2014No trip to Stowe would be complete without dinner at Harisson's! Great staff, great menu, and amazing beer selection including local favorites like Heady Topper and Heart of Lothian. Reservations are a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerPattyDined on 7/22/2014Dinner was excellent-striped bass was the special. Our servers were very attentive but not overly. The outside dining was available but on a slightly muggy night we opted for the restaurant and it was very cool. I would highly recommend to anyone to go Harrison's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible food - excellent servicevicnsherryDined on 7/22/2014My wife and I loved our dining experience at harrisons. We started with a cup of soup, she loved her golden beet and I enjoyed the French onion soup. She ordered the striped bass special and enjoyed every bite. Fish was seasoned well and beautifully cooked. I ordered The salmon and it was moist and flakey. The rice and salad complemented the fish. Our server provided spot on service. Best service we have experienced anywhere. We will eat here again. Thank you for an amazing evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dg45Dined on 7/19/2014This is a very allergy friendly restaurant. It is a little tight in the bar area but the booths have plenty of room.Special Features:
- Over rated food experience.TravelfoodieDined on 7/18/2014Although highly rated in various sites and shows in the full dinning room. We found the food lacking in flavor and taste. Service was quite efficient. Would not return again.
- Best mussels I have had in yearOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014Harrison's mussels appetizer was so good I used a spoon for the broth. Would have licked the bowl at home... Server was very pleasant, all the wait staff worked well together. Great value for the dollarSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very satisfied.OhiotravelerDined on 7/14/2014Stowe is our favorite spot for a variety of above-average eating establishments, and Harrison's is one of our favorites in Stowe. If you are looking for reasonably-priced upscale food and/or a cozy, romantic atmosphere, this is your place. Service is very attentive but not intrusive. Be advised that reservations are a really good idea, as this place is not a secret, and for good reason.Special Features:
- First timeOntheroadDined on 7/13/2014We visited for the first time and not the last. Good menu for both meat and fish - steaks served as requested. Fish cooked to perfection. Knowledgable server especially on wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific in every way!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014We come to Harrison's about twice a year. We love the atmosphere: quiet and cozy with soft jazz. We love the food--everything we have ordered is superb. The servers have improved over the years--much more friendly. Recommend highly for quiet, soothing, delicious dining experience!Special Features:
- Great service - need a new cookNOLAfoodloverDined on 7/8/2014We had excellent service throughout in a pleasant setting but they need to hire a new cook. When the waiter asked about our food we were polite but did not comment on the mostly untouched fries. He asked about them and we said they were overcooked with a bad sauce. He actually took them off the bill without our asking him. I think this may be the first time that happen to me. Because of the great service I am reluctant to write a bad review but the food was very poor for the prices. The exception was the fried calamari which was nicely crisp and had some interesting peppers with it. I was surpassed that TripAdvisor had them #2 out of 75 in Stowe. Perhaps that raised my expectations too much.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014Rosemary gnocchi sauce a bit heavier then expected, but tasty Service efficient but rushedSpecial Features:
- Best restaurant in Stowe VTJimoDined on 7/4/2014Food and service are consistently good. If you have one night to dine out in Stowe this is the restaurant to chooseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was bland, Excellent BeerJerseyGirl531Dined on 7/3/2014My fiance and I spent the weekend up in beautiful Stowe,VT. We traveled from North Jersey and this restaurant received great reviews so we decided to try it out. Service was friendly and attentive. I really liked the inside of the restaurant, it was very cozy and reminded me of Twin Peaks (Lol :) ) The food was just extremely bland. My fiance got fish and chips while I got the famous cheeseburger with Vermont cheddar on it. Again the food was plain jane. The beer list was pretty good and we tried several different craft beers. Don't know if we're spoiled by all the delicious food we have in New Jersey but I wouldn't come back here again.Special Features:
- Wonderful as alwaysMeloyelo33Dined on 7/3/2014Whenever visiting Stowe , my family and I always make a point of coming to Harrison's. The food is fresh and well prepared. The service is first rate. Extensive wine list. Yummy desserts. Perfect for all ages. We will be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gnocchi to die forHiking4PointsDined on 7/3/2014The title says it all. I follow the Weight Watchers Point system. This was worth every point. Quite a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to it's hypeGola1Dined on 6/28/2014Great place. We were seated right away on a busy Saturday night. Cozy dining area. Friendly and attentive staff. Perfect martini! All four diner's pleased with their meals. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Great lil spotbusycmrDined on 6/27/2014Fun interior but booths are a little uncomfortable for your back. The food and service were exceptional. Once you are inside you forget that it is downstairs. I imagine that in winter it will be really cozy. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceRkniffDined on 6/26/2014We were in Stowe for a few days and looking for a nice restaurant for dinner. Coincidentally we found a Groupon for Harrison's and, after reading a number of reviews, decided to purchase it and give it a try. We were not disappointed. In fact it exceeded our expectations. I had then featured wine from Oregon which was excellent. We shared the crab cake appetizer which was as good as I have ever had. My wife had the shrimp and scallop scampi which was very tasty. I had the filet mignon which was as good as any I have had in Boston. Although we were stuffed we were eyeing the profiteroles and the waitress offered to get a "small" order. Again,delicious. The service also was excellent. We highly recommend Harrison'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodfishtimeDined on 6/23/2014My wife and I order four appetizers and some craft beer. We dined on a huge steaming bowl of mussels, excellent calamari, Maine crab cake, and wonderful duck quesadillas. Each dish was well-prepared. Excellent friendly service. Right on Main Street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Patio...Food is OKArtiebeenchewedDined on 6/21/2014After reading multiple reviews of how great the food is, my wife and I decided to give Harrison's a try. We ordered boneless wings which were actually really good. I order shrimp tacos, my wife order the portobello flat bread sandwich. The service was excellent on the patio and food time from sit down with appetizer to entree was 30 min, Awesome. We got our food and it looked amazing, unfortunatly my shrimp tacos were extremely overpowered by an extreme biterness that i linked to the jalapeno relish. So bitter i had to send it back, the waitress was more than accommodating. I got the tacos w/o relish and they were great. My wifes sandwich was awesome! Not sure if we will try again next time we visit. I want to add staff was amazing!
- Great dinnerGraceBDined on 6/20/2014We found Harrison's on open table and thought we'd give it a try. We were in Vermont for a wedding and wanted something easy. The service was great and the food delicious. They had a nice selection of wines to choose from as well. The restaurant is actually downstairs making it very unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great!NoodleMooseDined on 6/15/2014This was the second time we dined at Harrison's. We both had such a great experience I asked to go for Father's Day and brought our 7 yr. old twin boys. No surprise our food was great. I had shrimp tacos and my wife had Apple Cider Chicken, both delicious and good portions. I also had the seafood chowder that was fantastic! Lots of seafood and potatoes and well seasoned, not thick and floury, just the right consistency. Living in the Boston/Cape area until about a year ago, I think was as good or better than any I have had there! What was really impressive was the kid's meals. Prepared fresh and from scratch not like a lot of places where the mac and cheese is from a box. Service was excellent. We will make this our "go-to" place in Stowe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must try.mariefrance21Dined on 6/14/2014I have to say, the spinach-artichoke dip was one of the best I have ever had. And that's saying a LOT. I had the lobster risotto and it was a bit too... al dente to my taste (I like it extra creamy with NO crunch left in the grains whatsoever) but the sauce was delectable. My fiance had the steak tips, and although he loved his meal he mentioned some of the meat was not cooked evenly - some was medium-rare some was well done. Our waiter was funny and efficient. The place is welcoming and warm. Very nice.Special Features:
- Harrison's - first visit4specialtimesDined on 6/9/2014Friends had recommended Harrison's. We're first-time visitors to Stowe so we went. The food was exceptional. It's cozy, downstairs and has a special ambience. The staff wants you to feel special there and they succeed. If you want a lovely dining experience, Harrison's makes it work at all levels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to dine!FrankDined on 6/7/2014Great location in the heart of Stowe. My friend and I were dissapointed that there were no seats left outside, but I must say that I loved the design of the restaurant. It was polished without being snobby - very warm and inviting. The food was great as well as the service. Since we weren't familiar with many of the wines, we were actually able to sample some! We were quite impressed. We will recommend Harrisons, and we will definitely return. You must try the quinoa grapefruit salad as a starter. Delish!
- VEGGIES ForeverSeaDogDined on 6/6/2014Great Place, Great Food. Always Nice people and great service. Fairly priced too.Special Features:
- The following 347 reviews are from the Harrison's - Stowe reviews archive.
- Late dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/25/2014Our B&B recommended Harrison's as a restaurant that no one had gone to and complained about. We had a great dinner - definitely no complaints here! There were five in our party and we made a reservation for dinner as the restaurant is on the smaller side and popular. We were seated promptly. Food was great and we loved the coziness of the place. I especially liked how quiet it was. We could talk easily at our table. Portions are good sizes. I don't think a person in our group was able to finish their dinner.Special Features:
- Great food.paulDined on 5/24/2014Food and service were great. I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steak was not hotpaulVIPDined on 5/18/2014It appears that the steak was cooked properly but when it arrived, it was luke warm. my recollection is that some past customer had a similar experience.
- wonderfulTravellerDined on 4/26/2014Great restaurant with a nice selection of meal choices, something everyone. We enjoyed itdms off the special daily menu and was absolutely amazing!Special Features:
- Friendly, romantic and intimatealocalviewDined on 4/21/2014I always enjoy this restaurant. While not ideal when the weather is warm (would prefer to dine out side), it is very comfortable. The service is great and the ambiance feels private … noise level is low. I like that you can talk and be heard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently deliciousJBMS114Dined on 4/19/2014A must if you are in Stowe! Kathy and her son Andrew have a great history in Stowe and serve delicious food, craft beers, wine & Kathy's desserts are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.CalculusDined on 4/19/2014Great place to eat, reservations a must during the busy season.Special Features:
- First time disappointedOttawaDined on 4/18/2014We visit Stowe many times throughout the year and Harrison's has always been a "must" for dinner. For the first time we were disappointed with our dining experience. The steak was ordered medium and arrived almost burnt on the outside and the food was not as hot as it could have been. More disappointing was the service. My husbands after dinner port was forgotten and we felt pressured to finish our after dinner drinks quickly as there was a line up of people waiting for a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place in townLili55Dined on 4/18/2014Food , service, ambiance, everything was great. First time but not lastSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it.PDevineDined on 4/14/2014We had made reservations for a Sunday evening. We liked it so much that we cancelled our Monday plans and returned to Harrisons. The place has a lovely charm that works for both casual and romantic. Price Wise it was more than fair. I cant tell you how stuffed we were leaving. Expecting the typical tiny appetizers found outside chains our eyes nearly fell out while witnessing the size of the appetizers and realizing we still had a salad, entrees, and drink ahead. The staff was attentive without being overbearing and very friendly. We went during the off-season (mid-april) and it was still full if not packed with people waiting. I would recommend reservations, which can be done in less than a minute from a smartphone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint and good (w/ "reservations")OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2014We were promptly seated for 8:00 reservations. The small space was full (about 15 tables & 18 bar seats). Harrison's is on a lower level w/ no windows. Considering the lack of natural light, the atmosphere is pleasant. The waiter was fine, not bad, not great. He may have been the only server. He forgot our sparkling water... Since only one if us had a cocktail, the other went thirsty until we reminded him. The food was well prepared and fresh. It could have been warmer when delivered. The appetizer was large; the dinners small. Dessert was the highlight... Fluffy cheesecake w/ caramel & Heath bar (supposedly the last piece). All in all, a nice time, but given it's stellar reputation, Harrison's could use some tweaking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.