Harrison's - Stowe
25 Main Street
Stowe, VT 05672Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Harrison's - Stowe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.harrisonsstowe.com/
- Phone: 8022537773
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Casey Christensen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Public Transit: the local mountain shuttle drops off just steps away from the restaurant. Check with your hotel front desk for updated route schedules
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Harrison's has a private lot as well as street parking and several free public parking lots located in the village
A word from Harrison's - Stowe
Welcome to Harrison's Restaurant & Bar. Located in the heart of historic Stowe village, we are steps away from shopping, local theater, concerts, the Stowe Recreation Path and the famous Green Mountain Inn.Once you step downstairs you will be greeted by caring and experienced servers that will make sure your dining experience is a memorable one. Our cozy dining room has quiet booths, a vibrant fully-stocked bar with 100+ bottle wine list, and a fireplace on those cold winter days. The barn board walls are covered with original historical photos of Stowe dating from the Kneale Family's 80 years living and working in the Stowe area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Harrison's - Stowe - Best Restaurants in Stowe ›
Harrison's - Stowe reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (74)fit for foodies (66)romantic (58)special occasion (54)notable wine list (27)hot spot (16)good for groups (15)great for outdoor dining (13)kid-friendly (12)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (8)great for lunch (5)Show More
- Cozy charmLuvDiningOutVIPDined on 10/16/2014Wonderful little charming restaurant downstairs with a great menu of terrifically prepared American dishes. Attentive service. A delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My gf's got a cake for her bday!JJfromTODined on 10/15/2014What a sweet touch, I noted in my reservation notes that it was my gf's bday and as we were about to ask for the cheque - they gave her a eclair and icecream type of dessert with a candle on it. Now that's service - I love Harrison's! JJSpecial Features:
- TulipDined on 10/15/2014A hidden gem in Stowe..great food, beautiful setting, and excellent wine list...plus a very knowledgeable server!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Major DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/14/2014After reading so many good reviews of this restaurant our expectations were high. The appetizers were fair. We both had the same shrimp and scallop dish; delicately sautéed shrimp and scallops in lemon butter sauce over raviloi. When the dishes arrived it was visually obvious that one had been overcooked to the point that the lemon butter sauce was brown. Worse, the burned dished had grilled, overcooked shrimp rather than the sautéed version promised on the menu. Obviously, the kitchen didn't see that two of the same dishes had been ordered and tried to rush out a second by grilling the shrimp and heating the sauce on too high a heat. The ravioli in both were tough and dry. In addition, it was clear the waitress just wanted us in and out.
- Diningdiva1217Diningdiva1217Dined on 10/12/2014I was very disappointed with this restaurant. I felt the food was prepared earlier and just heated and served. The salad caprese was drenched in balsamic vinegar rather than drizzled . The pork medallions were actually cut up chunks of pork on top of some sauce and veggies. The meal was served so quickly I barely had time to finish my wine. I don't understand why this restaurant is so highly rated.Special Features:
- LovelyrltannerDined on 10/12/2014We had a lovely dinner here- my 10 year old ate all of her burger and my husband raved About the pork medallions. I had a stirfry that was delicious. Drinks were generous and service attentive. I would come back again next time we visit Stowe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ding Gem in StoweLeamingtonLemmingDined on 10/10/2014The food and service was amazing despite it clearly being a busy evening for them. My filet mignon steak was one of the most tender I have ever eaten. The other half said her shrimp and scallop with goat cheese ravioli was just wonderful. Very subtle flavours. It was the in-laws 50th wedding anniversary and they were made a real fuss of, including some bubbly wine with dessert and a candle or two! All in all a fabulous restaurant that we wouldn't fail to recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Best Dinner in StoweReds2BengalsVIPDined on 10/9/2014The apple cider chicken was the best chicken dish ever! Our service from hostess and waitress was outstanding!! Prices were reasonable for food and wine. Ambience the best we found in Stowe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot in VermontShirazVIPDined on 10/6/2014The restaurant is on the lower level but there is a patio on the ground level during the summer. When we arrived the place was packed. We were really glad we had made reservations. The manager/owner greeted us warmly. We were a little early, so we ordered a bottle of wine and waited for our table. We were served promptly once we were seated. To start my wife and I shared the Prince Edward Island Mussels which were in a creamy white wine broth. They were delicious. For the main course my wife had the grilled salmon…cooked medium rare just as she requested, and I had the Pecan Encrusted Tuna. Both dishes were delicious and we enjoyed them. We had a very nice evening at Harrisons and would gladly recommend it.Special Features:
- A delightful dining experienceDyannDined on 10/5/2014We started with lovely caprese and ceasar salads, then filet mignon and the gnocchi entrees. Everything cooked to perfection. Our hotel concierge raved about the place even after I had looked at reviews and booked on line. Always a good sign if locals recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocre at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/5/2014Worst Caesar salad ever--$11. Rest was fair. Didn't merit the good reviews.
- stlretireesDined on 10/4/2014Excellent dining experience with delicious food, reasonable priced wine and professional service--very nice ambiance with booths and fireplaceSpecial Features:
- PopularFleetcatDined on 10/3/2014Don't expect to turn up here and get a good table. It was heaving and they were turning people away by the truckload.
- Great placerenofoodloverDined on 10/2/2014Excellent restaurant - great location - friendly staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointed in trout specialOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/2/2014Made reservations based on reviews. The duck appetizer was excellent, the beet salad was very good but the trout special had a heavy sauce and the trout was overcooked. Setting was nice but we were disappointed in the main course.
- Wonderful RestaurantLenoreDined on 10/2/2014Harrison was a terrific experience for us. The food, service and atmosphere were outstanding. Will go there whenever we are in Stowe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!CorgiluvDined on 9/29/2014Having never been to Stowe before, I asked a friend who used to live there for suggestions on a good place to eat. Her number one choice? Harrison's! My husband and I are so grateful that is was. I have to say that we enjoyed the best meal we've ever had anywhere in all of our years of dining out. From the minute we walked in we were treated like old friends. Our table was perfect, the atmosphere delightful, the waitress attentive and sweet. The food was out of this world and we never once felt that we were being pushed to leave. We easily spent two hours there enjoying our drinks, appetizers, entree's and desserts. We are already planning a trip back to Vermont next year, and Harrison's will be our main dining choice once again.Special Features:
- Hidden gem.....Tonypez7Dined on 9/29/2014Book your reservations now, do not wait until you arrive in the stowe area. If you eat here once you ll return during your stay at least one more time . Fabulous food ,service and pricing. Mussels as my appetizer were wonderfull. My shrimp, scallops and home made ravioli were even better. Terrific experience !Special Features:
- Simply the bestHighwayhogDined on 9/27/2014Great restaurant in Stowe. We were a bit apprehensive about the fact it's in a cellar but we're very happy with the ambience once seated. The scallops were the the best ever with just the right amount of sear. Service is excellent . Coming from a 3rd world country we really liked the on line booking facility - so efficient.Special Features:
- VetteblueDined on 9/25/2014Perfect in every way!!! Every visit to Stowe would not be complete without a visit to Harrison's. Great food,excellent service and fine wine!!! Great job as always guys,keep up the good work!!! Looking forward to our next visit!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seating issue-even with reservationVexedinVermontDined on 9/24/2014Initial impression was poor. We had reservations for party of 2 and upon arrival told we'd have to wait a few minutes. No problem. While we are standing there waiting for 5-10 minutes another couple with reservations comes in behind us and is seated IMMEDIATELY at a booth that had been open the entire time we were told to wait! The hostess came back to us-then seated us at a small table backing up to the booth that was previously available. The small table was awkward and cramped and the server was unable to reach to serve us normally. We had to pass things to place them on the table. The food was very good and atmosphere intimate, but initial impression makes it unlikely that we'll return as there are many other places to dine.Special Features:
- Nice dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2014We stayed in Stowe 2 nights and thought we would try Harrison's since it had very high ratings. We tried to get a reservation but as it was a Saturday and already after 4pm we were not able to get in. We tried again the second night and were able to get a table. Small intimate restaurant with not many tables inside although there is patio dining should the weather permit. Our food was very good and our waitress was very sweet. I recommend the Shrimp and Scallop Scampi. We enjoyed Harrison's very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StoweBurlingtonDined on 9/21/2014Harrison's in beautiful Stowe is a nice find. Hidden downstairs we were pleasantly surprised at how lovely it was. The seafood chowder was great...and so were the mussels. The duck and trout special were not as good. Prime rib sandwich was excellent. We shared a bottle of wine that was fairly priced and good. Overall experience was enjoyable. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Quiet neighborhood restaurantLLiuDined on 9/20/2014I have been to Harrison during my last 2 visits to VT. The food is consistently seasoned well, and everything is always cooked as described. If you are looking for a place to eat on a weekend evening, make sure you make an appointment here as late evening walk-ins may have a hard time getting a table. It is a small restaurant but clearly, all of the locals love it. Also, don't overlook the specials. The restaurant's specials have consistently been well prepared and delicious!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014The clam cakes were excellent, The pasta was dried like it was under the heat lamps, little rubbery, & chewey cant wait to try this place again when it's not such a busy nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Fabulous in StoweCatherineBDined on 9/20/2014This was our third experience at Harrison's and it was wonderful. The food was exquisite and the staff so friendly. Harrison's has never disappointed us. Our only regret is that we waited until our last night to have dinner at Harrison's. We could have dined there every night, given the variety and atmosphere.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Wonderful, Never miss it when we are in town. Shrimp Taco's Excellent! Filet was wonderful both in flavor and cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014I eat at alot of great restaurants in Boston, NY,etc and i have to say that the food at Harrison's is FANTASTIC. I had the pork shank special and one of my guests had the lobster risotto and we were very impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great dining experienceVTFoodieVIPDined on 9/13/2014We consistently have a great experience when we dine here. It's an all around gem of a place with terrific food and service. Small in size, but that adds to the cozy ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemGertrudeGourmetDined on 9/13/2014Very quaint and cozy spot tucked away in a basement and worth the wait. Extensive menu of freshly prepared dishes with excellent service. The chicken breast with Cabot cheese sauce and mashed potatoes is to die for, flavors blend perfectly together. One of the best meals we had in Stowe. Soup of the day Manhattan Clam Chowder couldn't have been better. Extensive gluten free menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Apple cider chicken and lobster risotto were very good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014The food at Harrison's is always top quality and offers a good variety. There is nothing on the menu that I wouldn't order and try. Quality and time of preparation is very good and friendliness is over the top. We always try to make a stop when we are in the Stowe area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful subterranean venuefoodieVIPDined on 9/10/2014We were pleasantly surprised by the ambience, food & feng shui of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Good, but ultimately disappointingBruceAndMariaDined on 9/2/2014Harrison's is a cozy 16 booths and tables in a basement in downtown Stowe. Mirrors, cleverly used, belie the fact that you are underground. They had some nice looking specials so while we were tempted by some intriguing items on the regular menu, we went with the specials. Everything needed salt. Not a big deal to shake on some salt, but it should come out of the kitchen tasting like the chef intends it to taste. I guess the Harrison's chef likes it bland. When the main course arrived, we asked for wine. The server apparently forgot, and by the time we reminded her and she was able to bring the wine, we were pretty deep into the meal. These are small things, but we expected better.Special Features:
- Interesting & GoodmichaeligDined on 9/2/2014Being in a basement does not increase its 'charm' - that said: The Price Edward Island Mussels were SUPERB - plentiful and delicious - it would be a shame not to mop-up all the sauce after devouring the mussels. The Steak Au Poivre was cooked perfectly with talent & care - the steak itself was delicious and the 'au poivre' was smooth, creamy and tasty without being overly peppered (a typical 'au' mistake - NOT here) Service was delightful and responsive. BEST meal we had during our month in StoweSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth itFoodieDined on 8/31/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere, the food, the service, and the drinks. This place was amazing and we will certainly be back.Special Features:
- snickersDined on 8/31/2014The food was very good and the ambiance was nice. We had screaming kids next to us that didn't wow us. This is not a restaurant for kids unless they can behave bc it is too pricey to deal with that. The staff was slow at refilling water and not very attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingOttawaDined on 8/29/2014We have been coming to Stowe and Harrison's for more than 8 years and the last two dining experiences were disappointing. All eight of us found our entrees to be extremely salty. We let Seth our waiter know all the main courses were very salty and he seemed disinterested. He did not follow up with us and didn't mention it again when clearing our table for desert or when bringing our bills. Disappointing food and even more disappointing service. We will not dine there again.
- Great find!JoniDined on 8/28/2014After going to Smugglers Notch for 14 years, we finally found Harrison's. We loved the atmosphere and the food. The server had a bit of attitude, but everything else was perfect.Special Features:
- Wonderful DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014We truly enjoyed our meal at Harrison's. We started with the Mussels appetizer, and the broth was so yummy we used our bread to get every last drop. I got the Crusted Ahi Ahi and my husband got Fish & Chips. My dinner was amazing, and the Fish & Chips were done perfectly, not greasy at all. My husband's English and loves this dish. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.