Bistro Chat Noir
22 East 66th Street
New York, NY 10065Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Bistro Chat Noir
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistrochatnoir.com/
- Phone: 2127942428
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday 11:30am-5:00 pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:30am-5:00 pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm Sunday Supper 5:00 pm- 10:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, French, Contemporary French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Available for large group dining in the restaurant and private events.
- Private Party Facilities: Bistro Chat Noir hosts large group reservations as well as complete "buyouts" of our townhouse space. We can accommodate up to 75 guests for a seated dinner, rehearsal dinner and cocktail or birthday party. We have a full bar and wine list. Outside terrace seating is also available. Bistro Chat Noir is located in the heart of the elegant Upper East Side and is next to Central Park.
- Private Party Contact: SUZANNE LATAPIE 2127942428
- Entertainment: Fantastic venue for private parties. We can host 30-80 guests for a private restaurant event. In past guests have had fashion shows, DJ music, trunk shows, art galleries, fundraisers, rehearsal dinners, bar mitzvahs, birthday parties, weddings. Our in house party planner Hank has all the answers for you 2127942428
- Special Events: Wonderful venue for all the holidays...chic and fun. Major Halloween and New Years Eve Parties, limited seating book ahead!
- Cross Street: 5TH AND MADISON
- Public Transit: Madison Avenue/Fifth Avenue NYC buses N or R train stops at 60th street and Fifth Avenue 6 stops at 68th Street and Lexington 4, 5 stops at 59th Street and Lexington
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Safe, Free public parking daily after 7 pm in front of restaurant. Garages in the area.
A word from Bistro Chat Noir
Bistro Chat Noir, is located in the heart of New York City's fashionable upper east side, melds the classic with contemporary elements of French styling, all fit snuggly into a sleek and elegant townhouse setting. Approachable but first class in every respect, Bistro Chat Noir offers the finest ingredients in a glamorous indoor and outdoor setting, where all the patrons will mingle like good friends at a garden party.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistro Chat Noir reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (48)romantic (26)great for lunch (22)fit for foodies (21)great for brunch (19)special occasion (14)great for outdoor dining (11)good for groups (6)late-night find (5)hot spot (2)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Food is delicious and wellOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/15/2014Food is delicious and well priced. The service was warm with perfect timing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming place, wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/15/2014Charming place, wonderful food - perfect place to meet the son's new girlfriend. There were five of us, we were not rushed and could hear each other easily! Great location also!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely valentines day fooddeliciousVIPDined on 2/14/2014lovely valentines day food very good service same would go againI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but wildly overpricedMikeDined on 2/14/2014The pri fixe was advertised at $95 per person but turned out to be $125 per person, plus $22 tax, plus $50 gratuity. For $322 I would have expected something much more than what I got here. It was good, but when I pay that much for dinner, I expect something on the next level. Food was pretty good, service was pretty good. Overpriced.Special Features:
- Valentines bewareLouiseDined on 2/14/2014I was looking forward to this dinner but was disappointed at the prix fixe meal of $125 per person, which in and of itself is acceptable if there is a really special meal. It was also unexpected and I felt bad about putting our friends in a position of having to readjust to the jacked up prices. The food was decent but not worth the high price. I would like to try the restaurant on another night, but won't go out of my way!
- Very nice lunch option in midtownRobInMadisonNJVIPDined on 2/12/2014Food, service and ambiance were very nice at this quaint restaurant. Small, intimate space with very good food and excellent service. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice!abe1Dined on 2/8/2014Great neighborhood spot in a great neighborhood! Friendly but unobtrusive service from all - coat check to hostess to wait staff to bus help! They made us feel like neighborhood regulars! Food was very good -- staff surprised my wife with a birthday candle in the chocolate soufflé and flutes of champagne (based simply on a note that I included with our OT reservation). Restaurant was moderately crowded and the space is not large, but we didn't have any trouble having a conversation over the "happy white noise" of the large crowd enjoying the evening with friends. Bonus points for the blue cheese stuffed olives in the blue cheese dirty martinis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 2/7/2014I went to have dinner with my wife and really loved the place. The setting is perfect, tha waiters are very kind and the food is simply amazing.Special Features:
- Expensive!!!FoodienycDined on 2/2/2014$12 for tiny skinny 6 grilled asparagus??!! Even for NYC standards it is way too much. I get it, we are in Manhattan but I mean common there has to be some kind of common sense. The food was good but for that price I would rather go to Nobu.Special Features:
- Nice food, nice ambience.PageDined on 1/30/2014My ninety-five year old father comes here occasionally. This time we went with him. The staff was very helpful and we were pleased at how they remembered his dietary needs. I had the tiny ravioli with snails. Wonderful but VERY rich. The steak came rare as ordered. My husband's seafood risotto was fantastic. Do have the Chocolate souffle! Excellent and enough for 3-4 people. I look forward to returning.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeSusanDined on 1/23/2014Great crowd. Comfortable and attractive rooms. Food was good. Service was attentive. One complaint was noise level and I usually don't notice noise in a restaurant. I will absolutely go back. Good experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyed the entireCathyDined on 1/19/2014Really enjoyed the entire evening at this restaurant. Attentive service, food was very good, nice menu, very good ambiance, overally, would definitly would go back.Special Features:
- The Perfect Birthday Dinner!Marq04VIPDined on 1/15/2014Three of us came in for a double-birthday dinner and we had a wonderful, wonderful evening. The place was packed in an energetic kind of way and yet the food and service were perfect, with lots of attention to detail. Even with all the choices in Manhattan, we will definitely be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance was very lovely,phillypieVIPDined on 1/15/2014Ambiance was very lovely, however, the tables were too close together and impinged on privacy. The prix fix lunch was completely delicious, especially the meringue dessert in a vanilla sauce with caramel on top. It is very close to the NYC museums and a perfect place to have lunch. I would most definitely return.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gem defines it wellLocavoreNYCVIPDined on 1/12/2014Chat Noir has pleasant staff and good food. The owner's presence is a good sign. Largely an over-40 UES crowd with acceptable noise levels. It's a fairly long and narrow space on the ground floor of a townhouse, plus three small outdoor tables on the front patio helpfully a few steps below street grade. They recently introduced a tasty ravioli dish appetizer with pesto and escargots. They use some organic/grass-fed meats, which is important to me. The seafood and tender short ribs are highlight main dishes, but the kitchen handles most things well. Decent values on the wine list. The tarte tatin is a good dessert choice although you might go for a dairy/sugar rush of the ile flottante. Overall, Chat Noir is reliable and worth a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and a show!UESEaterDined on 12/31/2013My wife and I went here for Christmas dinner. We went for the first seating and that also included a nice cabaret show. Food and service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing...ConsueloDined on 12/24/2013We booked a table for Christmas eve dinner and the place was full. The ambiance was very nice and the food good but the candle light made it difficult to read the menu. The waitress was impatient, unhelpful and almost rude, maybe she could not cope with so many people in the restaurant. She almost ruined the special occasion for us. A second waitress came to our rescue and the service was much better. I complained to the manager when leaving.Special Features:
- Only for localsBrianVIPDined on 12/24/2013The hostess called me to insist on a credit card number to reserve. I went here for Christmas Eve and arrived at 6:05 for a 6:00 reservation. I was seated at the worst table next to the hallway to the kitchen. My seat actually blocked the waitress' access to the adjacent table. The hostess was too busy chatting with regular customers to notice me standing and waving for her attention. Ee were moved to a center table where we feared someone would knock over our wine bottle! The Food was fine and the waitress had a good sense of humor and was very helpful. But clearly locals get better treatment. And I was surprised by the AUTOMATIC 20% tip added to the bill. We were two people and there was no mention of any automatic tip arrangement.
- GreatPearces5211Dined on 12/23/2013Good food and great service. Very friendly wait Staff. Great spot for a quiet dining experience.Special Features:
- Excellent meal!Marq04VIPDined on 12/20/2013This was our first time to this place since moving to the neighborhood. We had a fabulous meal. Great service, great food, great wine (red served at cellar temperature, not room temperature!). We did feel a tiny bit rushed at the end of the night but it was a lovely evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurant near the FrickGreenburghSethVIPDined on 12/18/2013I chose this restaurant because of all the decent restaurants a short walking distance from the Frick Collection, it was the most reasonably priced. That's not to say its inexpensive, because it's not. The hostess, who greeted us with a French accent, was warm and welcoming, and the ambience cozy and friendly. The French onion soup was good, as was the escargot appetizer. I ordered the Niicoise salad which was supposed to include haricot verts and olives but which came with neither, but it was good nonetheless. My dinner companions ordered the lobster salad, which they liked. Overall, a good restaurant in a neighborhood of great but very pricey restaurants.Special Features:
- Excellent all aroundStevedallasVIPDined on 12/14/2013The food, service and ambiance were all magnificentSpecial Features:
- We LOVE Bistro Chat NoirdfcoVIPDined on 12/14/2013This is one of our all time favorite NYC restaurants. Staff, food and wine are always PERFECT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful First-Time ExperienceSoNewYorkDined on 12/10/2013This was our first time at Bistro Chat Noir. We were delighted with lunch at our table-for-two. The ambience was great, the food (hanger steaks) delicious, and the attention of the staff was exceptional. We will undoubtedly return during our next visit to New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we love it!!! Every luncheonopenmindedDined on 12/6/2013we love it!!! Every luncheon we had there and there were quite a few was excellent. a bit noisy and wait staff needs a bit of help. will go back many times.Special Features:
- Don't bother making a reservationSam012VIPDined on 12/5/2013I've been here for dinner on-and-off since they first opened. It used to be a quaint and quiet neighborhood joint. But it's become very popular. Quite packed for dinner. The food is good- has been consistent over the years. My main peeve with this restaurant is that they do not honor their reservation policy. This Summer I waited 35 minutes beyond my reservation time for our table. Thinking this was a one-time fluke I went again this week. Again, we were told 15 minute wait and after 15 minutes were told another 20 minutes. Sorry- not acceptable. Luckily we had an abnormally warm night and we reluctantly sat outside. So don't bother making a reservation here. I certainly won't be doing so again.Special Features:
- a gem of a bistroevavitaDined on 12/3/2013had a wonderful dinner with friends - it's a bit loud but no one seems to mind. Food is great - delicious salmon, wonderful brussels sprouts and chocolate mousse to die for. Owner Suzanne Latapie is the consummate hostess making everyone feel special and welcome. Staff are efficient and pleasant but not in your face. Great place for dinner with friends, supper with a girlfriend or a group night out. There was a man dining alone near us with a book and the staff seemed to take good care of him - nice to be able to do that in a place like this. Just great. Lovely paintings on the walls and nice plants etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice French restaurantMaggieNYCDined on 11/28/2013I really like this restaurant. One of my favorites. Cost is reasonable considering the quality of the food and service. Excellent food. A little disappointed that filet mignon was not on the prix fixe menu after being told on the phone that it would be. Nevertheless, the lamb shank was absolutely delicious. Dessert was a little disappointing, hence 4 stars instead of 5. Service here is always very good, but doesn't quite rate 5 stars, but close. If I could give 4 and a half, I would, in all categories. Overall, a very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loads of charmBeachplum811VIPDined on 11/22/2013This is a classic French bistro. The room itself is very charming. However, I think the food is good but not great. There are better places to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit of Paris in New YorkOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/20/2013Charmed by the entrance, charmed by the inside ambience, excellent service, great food, excellent wine. Even the rest rooms were amusing!Special Features:
- The Cat is BetterDoubleFFDined on 11/15/2013While the cat has been a local favorite the steady menu and wine list can be problematic. We were therefore very pleasantly surprised and pleased by a refreshed menu Keep up the good work and we look forward to an early returnSpecial Features:
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/15/2013Excellent food and service. Nice french bistro feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood jointAbcdDined on 11/15/2013This is a neighborhood jam. We were seated right away and service was good. I think the only draw back is that even thought its located in a prime neighborhood I think brunch for 2 at $110 is quite high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local GemCMackNYDined on 11/14/2013Great food, fun clientele, front of house lovely, wait staff so so. Maybe need to hire a few more waiters, long wait between everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectionJaneVIPDined on 11/14/2013Not only perfect for "ladies who lunch" but much much more. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Reliable and friendlyGailyVIPDined on 11/13/2013Good basic and reliable food, extremely friendly reception and service. One wants to go back often. It is truly a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A neighborhood gemKLoveVIPDined on 11/11/2013What a treat to eat delicious French food in a dining room presided over by Suzanne Latapie. The beet salad is not to be missed and the cheese soufflé was perfectly turned out. If you are from out of town, definitely stop in here - you will feel like a local!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodUwsrevsDined on 11/7/2013A warm, friendly restaurant. Food is very good. A pleasure to dine here.Special Features:
- Quintessential Upper East Side!nancizimVIPDined on 10/31/2013Great convenient spot for lunch if you are looking for overpriced food that tastes good and is served in portions so that you can maintain your size 2!
- Don't pass this place by.Morriscounty81Dined on 10/26/2013Great place. Fantastic food, service, wine, and easy on the wallet. Try the Shortribs, best in the City. Can't wait to go back.Special Features: