Rei do Gado Brazilian Steakhouse
939 Fourth Ave.
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
BrazilianPrice: $31 to $50
Rei do Gado Brazilian Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.reidogado.net/
- Phone: 6197028464
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Happy Hour: 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Barbecue, Brazilian
- Executive Chef: Maria Kallenback
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please, complete a form in our website and send an email to us. A catering manager will check for an availability of your an event and will schedule at your convenience.
- Private Party Facilities: Two extra rooms with a capacity of 30 to 100 people. Please contact the restaurant for details. Book your event with us and let us provide a unique service with a good quality.
- Private Party Contact: Steve Gi 6197028464
- Entertainment: Rei do Gado Brazilian Steakhouse is the perfect setting for private dinners, receptions, business meetings, birthday party, rehearsal dinners or just a great party.
A word from Rei do Gado Brazilian Steakhouse
The churrasco (Brazilian barbecue) is a traditional feast that has been celebrated in Brazil for centuries. It is a unique and healthy way of roasting meat over a mesquite flame that preserves tenderness and gives it a taste unmatched by any other. Guests of Rei do Gado will encounter an unlimited buffet of typical dishes and salads.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rei do Gado Brazilian Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (72)good for groups (71)fit for foodies (55)great for lunch (42)romantic (37)neighborhood gem (30)hot spot (19)great for brunch (19)great for outdoor dining (17)notable wine list (15)kid-friendly (14)late-night find (13)scenic view (7)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Super location for a date.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/13/2008Super location for a date. After eating, walk over to Horton Plaza to see a movie or head over to Hard Rock for a few drinks.Special Features:
- We've been to Rei's severalOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/13/2008We've been to Rei's several times now and it has been consistently delicious with a unique menu and terrific atmosphere. It's a favorite of ours among all of the choices in San Diego.Special Features:
- It's a bit pricey, but youNeenDined on 12/12/2008It's a bit pricey, but you certainly get what you paid for. It's a great place to go with friends to try something different. The food is excellent! Go hungry! The meats are great, tasty, abundant, but the salad bar choices are also really different and good. We had a great dinner then hit the rest of the Gaslamp and found a great bar. It made for a really fun evening.Special Features:
- Rei De Gado!! What can I sayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/6/2008Rei De Gado!! What can I say about it the thought of eating brazilian made my mouth salavate thinking of all the delicious flavors that seem to "pop" when the food hits your tastebuds. Sadly I cannot say the same for my experience at Rei De Gado. I sat in anxious anticipation my eyes darting back and forth looking for the first serving. Finally the moment I had waited for as the meat hit my palate I was slighthy confused it was dry and lacked very much explosion of flavor. I tried to maintain a hopeful attitude that the meats would continue to get better and better......2 hrs later i'm still waiting the meats that weren't dry were nearly still alive barely cooked and bloody. I would expect to get better food for $50 a person!
- The food was awesome, I recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/5/2008The food was awesome, I recommend bringing a big appetite as it is a buffet.Special Features:
- Great restaurant when youOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/21/2008Great restaurant when you are hungry. Service was oustanding!Special Features:
- Be sure you are hungry whenOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/8/2008Be sure you are hungry when you go to this restaurant! The food is outstanding and the variety is sure to please everyone. The service was great in spite of the fact the restaurant was very busy. When I made the reservation through open table, I mentioned it was a birthday celebration but no one acknowledged the birthday at the table. I was a bit dissapointed about that.Special Features:
- Service was very good. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/1/2008Service was very good. The salad bar offered many choices. The meats were good for the most part. The bacon wrapped meats tended to be salty, the bacon over powered the meat flavors. The lamb was very good. Overall a good experience culturally and the wait staff was nice. Only complaint is the price, $48.00 per person on the weekend, and that did not include desert. we had to pay extra for desert. Also the do not offer a valet service and parking was a hassle at Horton. I did not need to see or eat meat for at least a day or two afterwords. We got meat overload. But it was worth it.Special Features:
- For $48 pp, I expect goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/1/2008For $48 pp, I expect good cuts of meat and ample helping of cheese bread. The restaurant actually rationed out the bread for reasons unknown. Their meat was extremely fatty and our table never did get to try all of the different types of meat. Rei do Gado is the Denny's of Brazilian Churrasco. I will never return there.Special Features:
- This was a great choice.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2008This was a great choice. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I highly recommend going hungry, it's a lot of food. The staff was very nice; and the service was impeccable.Special Features:
- My husband and I went to Rei'sSnuzDined on 10/26/2008My husband and I went to Rei's for our mutual birthdays and had a great time. It's so hard to resist eating too much at the wonderful buffet, but you must refrain so you can enjoy all the different meats they bring to your table. The service was wonderful and it was a memorable evening.Special Features:
- This place was recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2008This place was recommended to my by a friend and it met and even exceeded my expectations. The "salad bar" was ridiculously extensive with more choices than I knew what to do with. As for the meats, WOW! Amazing selection, well marinated, cooked to perfection, and totally delicious. Was it pricey? Yes. But it was a dining experience that was worth the $48 price tag.Special Features:
- If you're a meat lover, whetherOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/15/2008If you're a meat lover, whether it be rare to medium beef, or finely cooked lamb, this is the place. You will not leave hungry. And if you do, it's your own fault. Service was fantastic, the food plenty and the ambiance enjoyable.Special Features:
- Come in hungry, leave stuffed!OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/28/2008Come in hungry, leave stuffed! We had lunch and the meat just keeps on coming, as long as you want them. . . chicken and tri-tip my favorites.Special Features:
- The is about a unique diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2008The is about a unique dining experience as you can find. The food was fantastic, and the meats were as varied as they were frequent. This will be a dinner that we will not forget. Rei do Gado will be a definite stop each time we are in San Diego.Special Features:
- This was my birthday giftOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2008This was my birthday gift and I noted that on my OpenTable reservation request, but that wasn't addressed at the restaurant at all... that's ok, just seemed a waste to even type it if it's ignored... The hostess seemed a little confused when I gave her the confirmation number... The food was very good and the service was very good and I'd return for a special occasion... I thought the price was reasonable for the amount of food prepared and served... I like the concept... Suggestion: deliver a plate to the customer with his/her choice of potato and steamed veggies... It's very confusing what to expect.. I was caught with a delicious meat delivered and no plate to enjoy it because I had filled my plate at the salad bar... I get it now...Special Features:
- Get ready to go into a meat-comaOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/7/2008Get ready to go into a meat-coma after visiting this place. Vegatarians, stay home...Rei do Gado is a carnivores delight!Special Features:
- Great food...just beware... TheirOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2008Great food...just beware... Their All-You-Can-Eat price is doubled on the weekends!! $48/person!! WHOAAA!Special Features:
- a meat lovers delight, butOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2008a meat lovers delight, but their salad and appetizer table is first class
- As always, the food, service,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/13/2008As always, the food, service, and ambiance were exceptional.Special Features:
- First time experience at thisOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/11/2008First time experience at this meat-fest.... WOW is all I can say. The food was fantastic -- and I don't just mean the meat. The buffet of "extras" was outstanding!! Would definitely recommend and will definitely go again. Loved it!!
- remember to check people inOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2008remember to check people in who use the opentable.com, as I had to go through the hassle of faxing my receipt...this inconvenience could have been avoided if the they would have checked me in and made the notations to opentable.com.Special Features:
- My wife and I have been toMeneldirDined on 8/8/2008My wife and I have been to Rei do Gado twice, and we've enjoyed ourselves both times. The Brazilian BBQ meats are varied, plentiful, and well-prepared. The salad/side dish bar is well-stocked with other delicacies, and I think people with a variety of tastes will enjoy themselves. There is a full bar, but, as you might expect, drinks are not cheap! In fact, this is a fairly expensive restaurant overall, but it is someplace I would recommend. Go hungry, leave full (or over-full!) and pretty happy with the experience. One note: They have a piano in the restaurant and a piano player. His presence reminds me that there should be two tip jars: One for rewarding him for playing and one to get him to stop. The later would fill quickly.Special Features:
- Our server (Cassio) was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/5/2008Our server (Cassio) was great! Even better though, was the pianist who came i halfway through our dinner. He played some classic rock on the piano and somehow made it sound absolutely beautiful! Who knew 'Hotel california' could sound so amazing in a classical style! I hope that guy is there often.Special Features:
- We have a family of 5 andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2008We have a family of 5 and our tradition is to go out somewhere nice for dinner to celebrate important events and this was a very great choice for my husband's birthday. We enjoyed the dinner and the ambiance. Even the kids had a great time and they can be pretty picky. I would recommend this for for anyone.Special Features:
- It was very nice and seemedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/31/2008It was very nice and seemed to be truly authentic to the Brazilian culture. I would definitely recommend it to others!Special Features:
- Best server ever! Great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/24/2008Best server ever! Great food. Little too much marinade in the meat!Special Features:
- It was a little confusingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2008It was a little confusing because we didn't know that we wouldn't have a designated server, sort of whowever stopped by helped. But overall the food was very good. Dinner for two $130.00 so pricy... especially for San Diego.Special Features:
- If you like meat this is yourOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/11/2008If you like meat this is your spot. Salad bar starts your meal and then they just keep brining 1 of each of their 16 meats to your table. Each visit brings another mother-watering meat. This is some place you must skip lunch before eating dinner.Special Features:
- I have been to restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/8/2008I have been to restaurants like Rei Do Gado before and enjoyed it very much. The main issues I had with Rei Do Gado was the meat servers took a long time to come around to the tables. Some of the meat was dry. The table set up was horrible because every time you would go to the buffet you had to stand a side and let a patron,waitress,waiter or meat server go by because of the narrow walk way to the buffet. Rei Do Gado may want to remove a couple of tables to created a bigger walking space. I'm so happy I paid the lunch special price if I had paid full price I would have been pissed.