Rei do Gado Brazilian Steakhouse
939 Fourth Ave.
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
BrazilianPrice: $31 to $50
Rei do Gado Brazilian Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.reidogado.net/
- Phone: 6197028464
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Happy Hour: 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Barbecue, Brazilian
- Executive Chef: Maria Kallenback
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please, complete a form in our website and send an email to us. A catering manager will check for an availability of your an event and will schedule at your convenience.
- Private Party Facilities: Two extra rooms with a capacity of 30 to 100 people. Please contact the restaurant for details. Book your event with us and let us provide a unique service with a good quality.
- Private Party Contact: Steve Gi 6197028464
- Entertainment: Rei do Gado Brazilian Steakhouse is the perfect setting for private dinners, receptions, business meetings, birthday party, rehearsal dinners or just a great party.
A word from Rei do Gado Brazilian Steakhouse
The churrasco (Brazilian barbecue) is a traditional feast that has been celebrated in Brazil for centuries. It is a unique and healthy way of roasting meat over a mesquite flame that preserves tenderness and gives it a taste unmatched by any other. Guests of Rei do Gado will encounter an unlimited buffet of typical dishes and salads.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rei do Gado Brazilian Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (73)good for groups (71)fit for foodies (55)great for lunch (43)romantic (37)neighborhood gem (29)great for brunch (20)hot spot (19)great for outdoor dining (17)notable wine list (14)kid-friendly (14)late-night find (13)scenic view (7)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- É boa pra caramba!jessstuVIPDined on 7/6/2014Great meal and service, brought back many memories for my father who lived in Brazil many years ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceDionDined on 7/4/2014Went on fourth of July. Had to choose the "premium lunch", which was amazing. They were out of chicken hearts (which were upon request) when I went. All the other meats tasted great. We requested the pineapple skewer towards the end of our meal and were accommodated quickly.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceExcellentDined on 7/4/2014I always have excellent service and a good experience every time I go. I tell everyone about the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for good foodGreatfoodsdDined on 7/2/2014I have had stake in many places, but this place is the best. I was welcomed by the waitress and she was great..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch Buffet the way to goOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/30/2014First timer, try lunch buffet which includes salad bar is enough. Staffs are friendly. For less than $20 bucks, this is the way to start your daySpecial Features:
- Sao Paulo WestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014Fantastic dinner. Wonderful experience. I felt like I was transported back to Sao Paulo! Vivi was the perfect hostess and Casio was excellent. Everyone smiling and service beyond compare. The ambiance was warm friendly and genuine. The people made the experience. Oh, and the food...Outstanding!Special Features:
- love ittulaDined on 6/27/2014Great food. Great service. Filet mignon is the best. New favorite spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value for lunchluvagooddealDined on 6/27/2014Great place for celebrating birthdays. Variety of food was excellent. Service staff was very attentive.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceHAMMER619Dined on 6/26/2014I've been wanting to dine here for a long time and found the perfect occasion, our 10th anniversary. My wife loved it. I was enamored with the salad bar and then absolutely fell in love with the selection of meat. The flavor of the meat was excellent. The filet mignon wrapped in bacon was one of our favorites. The hanger steak was great too. The price point was spot on too. We thoroughly enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I loved it! My FavGem6can1Dined on 6/22/2014I came for my 53rd birthday celebration with my mom and girlfriend, which was her first time. She was very impressed and I was just plain Happy! Thank you for everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorites!Terrie777Dined on 6/19/2014Food is amazing whether you go for lunch or dinner, we are never disappointed. Service here is GREAT! I do truly appreciate great service. Another thing I really like is that is causal. We can go in jeans and or dressed up after an event and you will comfortable either way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique style and fabulous foodCathyfoodDined on 6/19/2014I wasn't sure what to expect from this experience but my husband, a very picky eater, recommended we go. So I knew I was in for a good time, at least. And it was all that and more! My only tip is: arrive hungry. Have a light, early lunch the day you are having dinner at Rei Do Gado. You don't want to have to turn down any of the various barbecued-meat offerings. We had chicken, pork, lamb, and about six different cuts of beef. They were all tender and had a smoky undertone that enhanced the flavor. And the side-dish bar was also pretty amazing. My fellow carnivores and I appreciate the occasional chance to indulge without guilt!Special Features:
- Excellent!CPieDined on 6/19/2014Excellent--excellent--excellent! Words cannot express how wonderful the food, service and atmosphere are! Come one, come all, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed both dining and atomosphereshanDined on 6/12/2014Until we arrived to the restaurant and being asked if we wanted just lunch or lunch plus TV, we realized what an amazing lunch it would be. Having Brazilian food while watching the first match of the Brazil FIFA. What a choice. the foot, wine and the game gave us a really good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingMargieRVIPDined on 6/6/2014I was really excited to dine here. Service was slow and at times inattentive. Overpriced father quality of food. We asked 4 times for a particular meat before it was finally served.
- Come hungry!poppyDined on 5/31/2014Great restaurant for a group of meat lovers, especially if you come hungry. Extensive, foodie-quality salad bar, and numerous sides, including cracked crab and shrimp all you can eat. The main course is a series of skewers of different cuts of meat that is brought to your table and served directly. You can accept or decline any offering, or ask for more of one that you particularly liked. The beef rib steak and skirt steak were our favorites, and the grilled pineapple was to die for. The price for the dinner/salad bar is fixed, so the best value if you're hungry. Not a restaurant for light eaters! We had a special occasion family get together, and it was the perfect choice!Special Features:
- It's all about the meatimpbchDined on 5/31/2014Rei do Gado was my first introduction to Brazilian steakhouses. I've dined at Fogo de Chao (San Diego CA and Gaucho's (Livonia MI) since then, but Rei do Gado feels more like home. Each of the steakhouses does one or two particular cuts of meat, better than the other 2. Rei do Gado does not overly spice their meat and let's the meat true flavor come out. Best looking hostesses and bartenders by far work at Rei do Gado, bordering on distracting. Tables are closer together than Fogo or Gaucho's but easy to get around. The side/salad bar was best at Rei do Gado. I look forward to returning there one day.Special Features:
- Amazing!YukiDined on 5/30/2014I had my birthday dinner at Rei Do Gado, food and customer service were totally amazing, and they even gave me a surprise birthday cake. the quality of food was outstanding, all waiters/ waitresses were very friendly, live piano was really great for romantic atmosphere. I had really good time for my birthday dinner more than I expected. I will definitely come back.Special Features:
- The meat was okay.diningSDDined on 5/29/2014Went here with my girlfriend and everything was pretty decent, but that was it. Just decent. The meat was seasoned okay on certain cuts, some were a little too salty for my taste. Some of the meats that I got were actually on the more cooked side. I'm sure they would cook it to your liking, but I did not ask, so I can't blame them there. Overall, it's a good place to go to if you like meat and you like to eat a lot of different cuts and types of meat in one seating. Other than that, if you prefer a specific type of meat, there are plenty of other places that can cook it better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 810 reviews are from the Rei do Gado Brazilian Steakhouse reviews archive.
- ServiceSouthwesternkilla25Dined on 5/25/2014The waiter keep talking to other people. We waited for long just to get the check and the card and he lost my card my wife saw someone got it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upper levelPastorVIPDined on 5/23/2014I love Brazilian steakhouses and this one was fairly good. The hanger steak and ribeye were among the best I've had. The chicken choices were limited, but the salad bar was excellent. Some of the other meats were to dry, but we came almost at closing and that can be expected.Special Features:
- Lunch timeDavidThaiDined on 5/23/2014Great for lunch. Great customer service, attention to detail. The manager was in charge and it showed !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gastronomic Experience!1foodjeanieDined on 5/17/2014This place is amazing! I always come here for special occassions and family celebrations. The service is fantastic, the staff is always cordial and accommodating. We came here to celebrate my son's college graduation. This is his favorite place. The meats are always cooked tender. It is so flavorful. Lunch is your best best for affordability. Where else can you taste a variety of meats for such a reasonable price? I wish I could go here more often. I would highly recommend this place for a business dinner. I would definitely bring clients here. Classy with excellent service. The salad bar has a unique selection. A foodies paradise. If you want to try a new food experience you have to try this place! It's worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always good foodetLyannaVIPDined on 5/16/2014we love going to rei do gado because they always have good food and friendly staff. the service was just OK the last time we went there because I have to ask the server 3 times for cheese bread and there were small insects and fly flying around our table. even if that's the case i will still go back and recommend the restaurant to others because i believe that this is just an isolated case.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- favorite place to eatKennyDined on 5/10/2014Love this place best mussels and cold shrimp In town that's in addition to all the great cuts of meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Our first experience and to celebrate Mother's Day was awesome from the start i.e. making the reservation, special group/room accommodations with Vivi, valet service, exceptional customer service oriented staff, wonderful ambiance, live music, accommodating attentive staff, plentiful side dishes, non stop meats, delicious foods all around, ethnic drinks, left feeling like a VIP and definitely filled your palate. A guaranteed return visit is forthcoming. Cheers...Special Features:
- Best deal in San DiegoMWMIVIPDined on 5/6/2014The lunch special is the best deal in San Diego. There is certainly a great abundance of food, but beyond that, the food is of exceptional quality. The staff person who maintains the salad bar at lunch is amazingly attentive to every detail concerning the cold and hot buffet items. I'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceerikamarronDined on 5/3/2014Loved Rei do Gado Brazilian Steakhouse and my family and I can't wait to go again. Delicious buffet! -great quality of the meats and salad bar. Service wonderful and friendly. Such a pleasant atmosphere, the piano/guitar player was great and he sang beautiful and relaxing brazilian songs - we just loved it.Special Features:
- Go for lunch not dinnerPwyFireCaptDined on 5/2/2014I wanted to love this place but couldn't... There is z constant source of meat, which is good. But, half if it is so dry it's not worth wasting the room in your stomachs... But, you have to try everything to find out which cuts are worth it. And by that time you're stuffed. Dinner for two with three drinks = $135. Not worth it in my opinion. The service was great though. The ambience was terrible. Looked like a cheesy scene from some 70's mob movie. Giant tv's playing sports, gogo cage, piano player (who was quite good), and a " Brazilian dancer?" Again... The service was amazing, but the rest of it was rather awkward...Special Features:
- Great PlaceMDDinerDined on 5/1/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience. Great food & good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeeLg63Dined on 4/30/2014There was a bee in my food and I told the server once he didn't hear me and came back with the same bowl of salsa with the same bee in it he just refilled the salsa and I told him again he said sorry and came back with another bowl he didn't take off a drink at 10$ or half a meal at 42$ he was the main server for a 97$$ meal you would think something would have been done other than the bee and a few servers that ignored me it was a nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor Delight!ThrilledDined on 4/26/2014Fabulous food! What a selection!! Dining outside was a complete surprise - absolutely delightful! Service can't be beat! Loved the singing for our daughter's birthday celebration! Couldn't have had a better time. Well done!Special Features:
- Great experience and food!summergirltenDined on 4/26/2014We went to lunch on a weekend afternoon. The staff was friendly and very responsive to our requests. The salad bar had a great variety of delicious food & the meats that were on the buffet were moist, tender, and flavorful. The cheesy bread, which we did have to ask to have brought out, was one of the best I've ever eaten in my life. I would definitely recommend this restaurant!!!Special Features:
- Awesome as alwaysPeteDined on 4/26/2014I organize an outing to Rei Do Gado about once a year for myself and my coworkers. It's always phenomenal. Can't say enough good things. The food is amazing. The service is top notch. If you leave here hungry, it's your own fault. Top things to try on your first visit: bacon wrapped filet mignon, prime top sirloin (trust me on this: sirloin isn't my thing, but it's amazing here), and ribeye. As a piece of friendly advice, their weekend lunch price is just over half of the dinner price. They add a few extra cuts, and more premium items to the salad bar for dinner, which is totally worth the price, but if you just can't justify the dinner price, lunch will never disappoint.Special Features:
- Go hungry, leave stuffedAnniversary4twoDined on 4/25/2014Amazing the second time around. We have started making up special occasions to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely not exceptionalsuchasushiloverDined on 4/25/2014Visually, the restaurant was mostly appealing, save for the mojito girl on the stand that looks like something straight from a strip club. The pianist played an entertaining selection, but for the most part it was too loud for a dinner setting. Some of the food was "good", with good flavor, but for the most part the meats were greasy and unappealing. The best thing I ate was the snow crab legs. Exceptionally sweet flavor. But that's not what I go to a steakhouse for. Overall, the experience was good, but definitely not worth the $450 tab for 5 people, dinner and drinks. At $48, the buffet/meat selection was way overpriced. The most I would value it at considering quality would be $29, so they missed the mark.Special Features:
- carnivore's paradiseBobbyzeeDined on 4/25/2014Experince was amazing, meat was full of flavor, salad bar a lot to choose,fish and crab was exemplary,service was very good maybe because it wasn't busy... Would go again when I'm in town...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat lover placeshanDined on 4/22/2014The steak and meat provided here is super. Always try small piece first, the repeat those ones you like.Special Features:
- Delicious and Fun!ThorneDined on 4/18/2014I thought Rei do Gado was the perfect place to take my spouse for their birthday! It was very festive with the samba dancing and the really cute girl making the caipirinha cocktails. We had never had cachaca either, and our introduction was quite lovely! The fresh seafood at the salad bar was remarkable, as was the quality of the meat served. If you like meat, this is your place! Paleo heaven! Service was friendly and we were made to feel right at home. We are not from San Diego, so I was really looking for a place that would knock it out of the park, and this did it!Special Features:
- A meat lover's placeshanDined on 4/17/2014I can't imagine that little slice of all different meat really made me only ate salad for next two days. I will go back again aiming at the garlic flavored meat. Those are so yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.