Distrito at The Saguaro Scottsdale
4000 Drinkwater Blvd
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $31 to $50
Distrito at The Saguaro Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jdvhotels.com/restaurants/arizona/distrito
- Phone: 4809704444x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Mexican / Southwestern, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Jose Garces
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Special Events: Taco Tuesday - Every Tuesday 6pm-9pm
A word from Distrito at The Saguaro Scottsdale
A cool celebration of the culture and cuisine of Mexico City, serving shareable plates and contemporary interpretations of regional Mexican favorites, the restaurant goes beyond classics to offer the full range of exciting and flavorful cuisine served in the Distrito Federal, as it is known by residents.Continued
With over 100 varieties of tequila, our margarita bar offers an exciting array of fresh fruit margaritas and featuring classic cocktails with a twist. Try our Mezcal Mule!
With over 100 varieties of tequila, our margarita bar offers an exciting array of fresh fruit margaritas and featuring classic cocktails with a twist. Try our Mezcal Mule!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Distrito at The Saguaro Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (18)great for outdoor dining (10)romantic (6)vibrant bar scene (5)special occasion (5)scenic view (5)neighborhood gem (5)good for groups (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great food but the music is loudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/2014Distrito has a very nice atmosphere with live music in the bar. The band was great but, because the bar is completely open to the dining room, the music was too loud for easy conversation. In fact, our server had a hard time hearing our order. We ordered several small plates and a couple of drinks all of which were excellent. The servers paced the delivery of our meal nicely although initially getting our drinks and order taken was a bit slow. Distrito is a Mexican restaurant but it's not the typical Sonoran food that we've come to expect in this area. It's more like what you might find in Mexico City. Everything was nicely seasoned and presented very well. On a warmer evening the patio would have been a nice option and quieter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre at bestLeenDined on 1/25/2014Won't go back even though it's so conveniently situated for dinner pre or post performance. Food mediocre, ambiance non-existent, service ok. Pity, that this location just never seems to get it right.
- Gourmet dishes.PalmipatiDined on 1/24/2014Very good dishes with a very nice presentation, and incredible taste!. Try de corn soup, you will be surprised. The restaurant have very nice live music (at list on Fridays), with a quiet ambience. All the Restaurant and the Hotel are decorated with lots of Contemporary Art pieces, which is a plus. We really loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/10/2014Food was great. Recommend. But music was too loud to hold dinner conversation. And tap dancing sounded like a woodpeckerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sophisticated spotJeffDined on 1/9/2014Set in a modern boutique hotel, Distrito has a sleek, contemporary look that includes both banquette and table seating. Despite having a large party not far from us, the noise level was low and the background music mostly soothing. The restaurant has a good wine list and a nice mix of specialty cocktails. The kitchen turns out beautifully prepared and imaginative contemporary Mexican fare. The nachos were among the best I've ever had, and far different from the usual Tex-Mex fare - these include shavings of vegetables and cilantro along the the chile and poblanos. Pork belly, with scallions and a pineapple reduction, was succulent and delightful. In all, Distrito offers a lot of sophistication and taste at a very reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must missBOFyDined on 1/9/2014We were told the tacos were great, but menu didn't make them sound appealing so only one person ordered chicken tacos. He didn't like looks, or tastes. The chicken was very good, salmon middling. Service seemed almost none, and we probably will not return.
- Smart FoodJJAZDined on 1/7/2014It is always a challenge to make Mexican style dishes with a modern twist... so many try & miss the mark but not here.... the Chili Rellenos was more than excellent, it was a delightful use of quinoa & the sauce was fantastic. Our server was Michael was knowledgeable of his menu & paced the meal perfectly. It was Tuesdays evening & there was live music on the patio that at first thought was a professional recording because they were so good.. I guess you can tell we are going back on Tuesdays. JJSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm from NM so had no ideamustanggirlDined on 1/1/2014I'm from NM so had no idea about the place I'd chosen for a group brunch except the fare was mexican. Turned out to be a gem, we decided should be added to our regular "hot spots" to dine when in AZ. Atmosphere, service and food were all without complaint from the group.Would have liked to have seen more mexican flavor to the brunch besides the delicious rice and black beans. Maybe some huevos rancheros?Special Features:
- Excellent gourmet MexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/28/2013Excellent gourmet Mexican inspired food. The band was extremely loud, made conversation exceedingly difficult (the waiter had trouble even hearing our order). Drinks very creative & tasty, excellent ceviche and fish tacos.Special Features:
- Don't Believe the HypekitchenguyDined on 12/28/2013Did dinner and breakfast while staying at the hotel. While the food is descent it in no way lives up to the hype this place produces.Special Features:
- Iron Chef, Jose Garces, DelightsjerrycAZDined on 12/28/2013I was surprised to get reservations on short notice. However, on arrival, we found a nearly deserted restaurant... usually a bad sign. The waiter offered wine/drink suggestions and detailed the various tequila offerings. The two-page menu offered 2-3 appetizers, soup/salads, and deserts, with 5-6 offerings of "small plates" (tapas) and "large plates." All sound like up-scaled Mexican favorites, such as: tacos, ceviche and guacamole. We decided on several small plates to sample a range of offerings. Platters came in sequence, each beautifully garnished and plated. With each dish, the server described the ingredients and preparation... rare even upscale restaurants. Bottom line... worth the effort to find this undiscovered gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have only been here to breakfast.LovesFoodVIPDined on 12/15/2013I have only been here to breakfast. Food is great and a nice relaxing area to eat in. I am sure once more "winter" visitors make it back to town breakfast time will be a busy place on the Saguaro. Attentive service and the food is VERY good!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food but loudOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/9/2013Food and decor are great. Loud bar patrons make the eating experience troubling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, terrible servicemichDined on 12/7/2013This was our first time at Distrito and the food was delicious. The bar area was very nice (had GREAT live entertainment) but the waitress we had was HORRIBLE. She had a terrible attitude and was actually very rude. I have to say it ruined our evening and we were a big party where everyone seated at the table had a similar reaction to her. The food is delicious and I will venture back there again, but do hope that this woman finds another profession where she would be better suited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- underwhelming foodBbragaDined on 11/16/2013We had dined at Distrito a year ago and we had been very impressed. This time we went there with a group of friends and found the food bland and overpriced. The ceviche portion was extremely small and lacked flavor. The chili relleno was similarly lackluster. The only saving grace was the octopus, but the portion was diminutive. The gimlet was well done as well. It is a pity because the ambiance is very nice, the location terrific (e.g., before a concert at the SCA) and the service responsive.Special Features:
- Taco bar is a winnerCeejDined on 11/12/2013My spouse and I shared the taco bar, which is a series of dishes brought to your table, not a bar shared with the whole restaurant. The chicken, the veggie mix (mushrooms, peppers, and onions), and the rice were fabulous. The cheese appetizer was not what I was expecting and was a bit disappointing. I expected melty, stringy goodness. While the cheese came in an exciting presentation (on fire), it was barely warm and definitely not melted. The margarita I had was tasty, but gone in 3 sips. The drink was all ice and very little drink, so I would return for the food but definitely would save my money on drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food but service needs imEd52Dined on 11/1/2013The food and cocktails are imaginative and well executed. The choice of both small and large plates provides the diner with the ability to either share around the table or experience atradidional dinner. The waitress we had needs to go back into training. My wife and I brought a friend from out of town. We each ordered a different plate. When the main course arrived my wife received the same meal as our guest. We sent it back and we were told they would bring the correct meal right away. It finally arrived 10 minutes later. There were several other serving errors throughout the night including late cocktail refills. The food was outstanding, but the service errors left us wondering if we would bother to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodBobbieVIPDined on 10/27/2013Enjoyed both the meal and the friendly service. Quiet and serene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and exquisite tastes!AZdinersVIPDined on 10/17/2013Unique and exquisite tastes! Will bring our Ft Lauderdale foodie friends here for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Time...Just as Good!Lili1012Dined on 10/12/2013Was here previously with my husband so when friends suggested dinner, I proposed Distrito and added I would make the reservation so that I could request Michael as our waiter. 'Waiter' doesn't seem like an adequate description since he truly adds to the entire dining experience...so well-versed in all aspects of the menu including choosing great wines to pair with our meal choices. He also has the great sense to know when to step back so he isn't interfering with the table and conversation as so many over-familiar waitstaff seem to do today. Food recs...Seafood tacos to start with margaritas, Colorado lamb (my second time and still the WOW factor!) and you must save room for the ultimate chocolate dessert which is ALMOST too pretty to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bar/ food ok/bad service.weakgameDined on 10/1/2013After sitting down the waiter brought me a menu quick and told me specials. After 23 minutes he told me he would get me a water soon. There was not that many people there which made this frustrating. The manager was talking to a singer that was new (yes was ease dropping since I had no drink or waiter), there was 3 dinning section servers standing there looking at me. I finally walked to the bar and got a drink (still no water). My girlfriend showed up and we ordered drinks, he forgot them. I was then about to leave but girlfriend convinced me to stay. The tacos were ok but overpriced. In the bar decor was great and with the live music was great, the service was pretty terrible though.Special Features:
- Another fine meal at DistritoCSKMDDined on 9/29/2013My wife and I decided to return to Destrito for restaurant week. Tough to beat a three course meal for only $30. As previously, we were extremely pleased with the quality, presentation, and originality of our choices. It was a sunday night and we were able to eat outside...still a bit warm in Scottsdale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Distrito outdoorsgbhanddbdDined on 9/26/2013Went during restaurant week, so more limited menu. A few specials were extra $'s over the fixed menu price. All the food was very good with some unique mix of flavors. We ate out on the patio overlooking civic center park on a beautiful night. Patio nice and quiet. Waiter very knowledgeable about the menu and food. However, even though the restaurant was only half full on this Sept weekday evening, the service was very slow. The appetizers cam very quickly but we waited much too long for the main courses (half hour) and then desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ceviche and pancitas!kardmaDined on 9/14/2013Really, the tuna with the coconut milk was divine....and the pork belly, fabulous. And fresh, home made corn tortillas. My only negative (and really might keep me from returning) was the noise level. Music was way too loud. After all, good food also needs good conversation.Special Features:
- Jose garcesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2013The weakest of the iron chef restaurants. Tinitos and el jefe 2 of Jose's garces places are way better. I gave it energetic noise only because the restaurant was empty besides one other family that let there children run all over and mess up all the other tables.Special Features:
- Last night of vacationLinnyDined on 9/13/2013We were really impressed by the quality of the food. Great flavours, unusual combinations. The portion size was just right unlike most restaurants. The waiter was helpful in helping with the choice. Very reasonable price for the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!finedinersDined on 9/13/2013Distrito never disappoints us!! Service is amazing, the food spectacular and the choices plentiful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!NuYorkerDined on 9/12/2013Found this restaurant through travelzoo and was blown away. The food is fantastic. Mexico City cuisine at its finest. Shared a crab salsa appetizer. Delicious. Pulpo small plate was very tender and lamb entree was cooked to perfection. This restaurant is a little out of the way for us but well worth the travel time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot on the green ScottsdaleWickenburgersDined on 9/7/2013Great spot on the green Scottsdale Mall in old town Scottsdale. Very cool atmosphere. Excellent gourmet Mexican food - we loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food AND serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2013My son is getting married at the Saguaro hotel next march so we went to have dinner so we could try different dishes wow everything was delicious!!! Our server Michael was terrific all his recommendations were right on. The food here is above average not only in taste but also presentation he also brought us little tastes of other dishes and again very very good we relocated here from the east coast and can't believe how many good restaurants we have in the valley Distrito is our new find and will be going back for sure sooo glad we are having the wedding here! I would give Michael a6 if I could and the entire staff at this hotel is very well trained and couldn't be nicer Go and enjoy wonderful food and fantastic serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Distrito for LunchFoodeFannDined on 8/28/2013Our group of three met two others for a business lunch. Restaurant was mainly vacant at noon, several tables filled during lunch. Waiter service was average -- not a thorough explanation of food orders, didn't check back to get our order for about 10 extra minutes. Not available much after food was served. Ambiance was nice, all in our party ordered light and enjoyed their food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner in ScottsdaleRachtinDined on 8/27/2013Great location and great food! The Tapas-style dining allows for guests to try a wide variety of interesting and eclectic foods. I enjoyed the vibrant ambiance prior to the renovation, it just seems unfinished and "dull" at the moment. The food and the service were outstanding, and we'll definitely be going back! It is definitely a "word-of-mouth" restaurant. My husband and I were referred by another couple, and loved it so much we took my parents. They loved it so much, they are taking their friends..the quality of this place spreads so quickly, advertising is not needed! I always speak highly of this place!Special Features:
- Great food & servicekristinDined on 8/24/2013Had a good experience here...ambiance was more on the romantic side. Brought a group of girls there for a bachelorette party...maybe not the best choice for the occasion. Very dark inside. Still great food and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Mexico City styleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2013Distinctive and authentic Mexico City style mexican food, with Mexican street food sensibility mixed in. For the high quality you get, it's very reasonably priced. Waitstaff is informed and friendly. Can be very noisy depending on crowd, but outside is quieter usually. The tacos are excellent, as is their interpretation of the classic cesear salad (with kale and pomegranate seeds).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DistritoNashtyoneDined on 8/17/2013Although I preferred the previous menu, I'm glad Chef Garces kept his one of a king Blue Crab Guacamole and the amazing tacos de pescado. Every dish is prepared to be very flavorful and makes a symphony in your mouth. Overall great service, my date and I really enjoyed our overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting to try, but just okOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/14/2013We were looking forward to this restaurant because of the chef's reputation. My wife had the mahi mahi tacos which were nothing out of the ordinary. We shared the caesar salad which was a little better than the normal caesar. I had the squab because of the description on the menu. It was my first squab and it was a little too much like liver for my taste. My wife ordered the carne asada which was described as ny strip and it was good. I ordered the lamb which was recommended by the server and was the best dish we had. It was very tender, flavorful and served on a bed of chorizo hash. All the servings are on the small size and flavors were not on par with the advance billing. It was interesting to try once, but we won't be back.Special Features:
- The tasting menu was INCREDIBLEOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/11/2013The tasting menu was INCREDIBLE -, from the serrano corn muffins and guacamole as an appetizer to the dessert. Lots of food for only 55$. The chef produced several dishes for each course. Only one disappointment- a salmon dish with a sauce that lacked "zing" and included smoked red grapes ( an odd culinary experience). The cocktails were exceptional (we tried the Jefe margarita and the red sangria). Our server was excellent. Best dining experience since I moved to Phoenix 8 months ago!Special Features:
- Great foodWorldDinerDined on 8/10/2013The food at Distrito is incredible. Some of the best rubs and marinades I've ever had. Try the lamb and the amberjack crevice. Both were spectacularSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseJleiboVIPDined on 8/9/2013We choose to go even though we had read a few bad reviews about the service, and we made the right decision. Service and food were both excellent. Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really very goodTravelerDined on 8/5/2013Our food and drinks were all great, as expected, except that the prawns in the Camarones dish were tough and stringy. The nachos were outstanding as was the quinoa filled chile relleno. The food was priced appropriately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.