404 2nd Ave,
Mason, OH 45040Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pitrellis.com/index.html
- Phone: 5137700122x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Linda Pitrelli
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Pitrelli's Restaurant
Voted by Polly Campbell as THE BEST ITALIAN NEIGHBORHOOD RESTAURANT in Northern Ky. and Cincinnati, Ohio.Tired of chain restaurants, don't like being treated like a number, well come in and enjoy our relaxed and casual atmosphere. From the moment you walk through our front door you will feel as if you have just walked into our home. Our regulars refer to Pitrelli's as the ITALIAN CHEERS. Come in and find out for yourselves why so many have made Pitrelli's their new favorite Italian neighborhood restaurant in Cincinnati, Ohio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Pitrelli's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Mason ›
Pitrelli's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (47)romantic (24)special occasion (23)good for groups (21)fit for foodies (19)notable wine list (18)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (7)late-night find (4)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great Italian food. AttentiveMooseDined on 3/3/2012Great Italian food. Attentive and knowledgeable wait staff. Slightly pricy, but worth it!Special Features:
- Good food and family run place.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/2/2012Good food and family run place. Love peroni and moretti on tap.Special Features:
- The recipes! Every dish stoodFrazmVIPDined on 2/25/2012The recipes! Every dish stood out for its flavor, right down to the house-made salad dressings. Finding good Italian food is difficult in the Cincinnati area, but Pitrelli's nailed it! Can't say much about the ambience, but if you're about the food, this is the place.Special Features:
- Pitrelli's is a gem in MasonRedWineGirlDined on 2/24/2012Pitrelli's is a gem in Mason - family owned and just a wonderful experience all around. Our favorite part of the evening was the 93 year old violinist who played a phenomenal version of "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" and two pages of songs he knew by heart. What a fantasic addition to our dinner experience!Special Features:
- Pitrelli's is a great placejenLDined on 2/18/2012Pitrelli's is a great place for homemade Italian food. Very good! Servers are all very attentive.
- Our first time there was outstandinOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/17/2012Our first time there was outstanding. The waiter was very attentive, the food delicious, and wine list very complimentary to the menu. I would highly recommend PettrelI's to anyone looking for a quaint and romantic dining experience.Special Features:
- Our food was excellent andEricDined on 2/17/2012Our food was excellent and the service top notch. I've heard that this was the "most romantic" restaurant in Mason. I wouldn't necessarily describe it as romantic, but it is a very nice place to take your wife for dinner. More people need to support quality local restaurants like Pitrelli's.Special Features:
- Food was average at best andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012Food was average at best and not worth the price. Lots of kids not being controlled by their parents make this place not so great for a date night.
- I was afraid once they movedDossVIPDined on 2/14/2012I was afraid once they moved that the prices would get ahead of food quality. It has.
- Very nice romantic place.TRFINDined on 2/11/2012Very nice romantic place. Loved the violin and the atmosphere. Would be even better with a little less light and a wine bottle candle at each table.Special Features:
- We come back about once aOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/10/2012We come back about once a year, always hopeful things have improved since our last visit. The entrees are the best part - good renditions of typical Italian dishes. They're nothing exciting or novel, just basically good. Our past issue has been poor and spotty service and not very good salad dressings. True to past experience, we were seated and didn't see a server or even get served water for a full 15 minutes. Service improved somewhat after that, but it was amazing to us that the wait staff could disappear for chunks of time in a relatively small restaurant. The same thing happened when we were trying to get some parmesan cheese for our salads. We finally flagged a water server after waiting and not eating our salads.
- No privacy in seated location.LuvluvDined on 2/2/2012Did like food but a little disappointed as it was a special night as so noted.Special Features:
- Join the familyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/28/2012If you like Italian food you will love Pitrellis. Great food, great wine, great people, great atmosphere. On select nights they have a violinist that will play at your table. He is 93 years old and is amazing. Our first visit was on Friday night and we stayed till the place closed. we had so much fun we made a reservation for Saturday and brought our parents back with us. It is now their favorite Italian also.Special Features:
- We went to Pitrelli's foredr1VIPDined on 1/28/2012We went to Pitrelli's for a Saturday night dinner with another couple. None of us had ever been there. It was very busy. It seems like the type of restaurant that a lot of local people frequented. We all enjoyed our food. I had a mushroom ravioli which was delicious. My husband had gnocchi with a pomadori sauce and our friends both had eggplant parmiagana which they all enjoyed. We shared a pizza first. Our friends don't eat meat out but there were a lot of vegetarian options on the menu. We also had cannolis for dessert which were wonderful. The men couldn't decide on a wine so the waitress brought over three different samples so they could pick the one they liked. We all agreed that we would return for another meal.Special Features:
- Went with another couple.hungryVIPDined on 1/28/2012Went with another couple. We love Italian. This is not good at all. The alfredo sauce was watery and bland. Crab cakes were scorched...black on the bottom. The eggplant tasteless, probably frozen. The meatballs were good though! We would not return, especially since our waiter kept going on about how they were so busy. Spend your dollar somewhere else. Even Bravo is better than this.
- We found the food to be mediocretimmie290Dined on 1/27/2012We found the food to be mediocre and the prices too high for the quality of the food. The service was very good and the surroundings in the restaurant were very pleasant. The chicken in my Chicken Parmesan was thin, over breaded, and not very tender. The Eggplant Parmesan my wife had was good but was mostly pasta with very little eggplant. The Marinara sauce on both dishes was excellent.
- Pitrelli's is becoming a favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2012Pitrelli's is becoming a favorite of mine. Great food, great wine and a great atmosphere of a family run restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food, good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/21/2012Great food, good service. Very nice local business. Reminded me of some of the Italian restaurants in Boston's North End. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Very nice restaurant withOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/13/2012Very nice restaurant with good service but the main entrees weren't anything special and definitely not worth the price of around $20 each. We still had a good time though and the desserts were out of this world.Special Features:
- Nice Place to Relax and Enjoy...BillfromRockvilleDined on 1/12/2012Pitrelli's is a family owned Italian restaurant where mom does the cooking and dad handles the front of the house. Their daughter makes all the deserts. If you are not a dessert person, like me, try one here. Their desserts are made fresh and are just plain wonderful! While I was there, Jim Petrelli, wandered the restaurant making sure that everyone was well cared for. Linda, his wife and the chef, made several trips through the restaurant to make sure the food was to everyone's liking. I did not see a single complaint! If you are looking for a restaurant with great food and wine, this is for you. It is not a chain and all the people there care! It is really a nice place to unwind and enjoy the evening.Special Features:
- This was my first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/11/2012This was my first visit to Pitrelli's. Our neighbors raved about the restaurant, and we finally gave it a try. This place is comfortably formal. You could have a nice night out here or show up in jeans with the kids and still fit in. The food is some of the best Italian food I've eaten in Cincinnati. There are some unique dishes on the menu that you cannot get anywhere else. This is a great restaurant for Mason, and we will definitely be back. The service was fun and excellent.Special Features:
- Amazing place and we alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/31/2011Amazing place and we always go there when we just want to go out and feel apart of the community and the Petrelli's family. Jim and Linda always go out of their way to to just that. If you want a treat, arrive 45 minutes early and go to the lounge to have Jim guide you thru the amazing wine list with a health dose of friend to friend conversation. You will be their friend after dining there. There is no bad item on the menu. To double your pleasure everyone order different and share .....Portions allow that.Special Features:
- Very nice for New Year's earlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2011Very nice for New Year's early dinner; Though a couple sitting nearby; with rather loud speaking voices; was not ideal. All in all; experience was fine.Special Features:
- We were not excited to beCGEMDined on 12/30/2011We were not excited to be seated in the bar. We know the dining area is condensed but the noise level in the bar was a bit much!Special Features:
- Best restaurant in the cityOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/30/2011We frequent this restaurant. Literally every time the food and service have been excellent!! Recommend the spicy tomato sauce with he house chianti! The 2 pair up nicely!! Also the desserts are very tasty! We also had the pleasure of listening to their 93 year old violinist who plays beautifully!! Favorite restaurant in the city!!Special Features:
- Always great food and familyNtCmingBack2015Dined on 12/29/2011Always great food and family like atmosphere. We always enjoy our meal there.Special Features:
- Was given gift certificatesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/29/2011Was given gift certificates and a good recommendation for this place. Our service was very poor - server was very inattentive and we barely saw him. Food was mediocre at best and over-priced. Would probably only eat here again because we have more gift certificates to burn.Special Features:
- 5/10 - Used to be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/29/2011I'm not sure what to say. The old location had more ambiance and felt more quaint. The new restaurant loses a lot of that. The food is good but not great. The prices are on the high side considering what you get. Always feel a little nickle and dimed here. We've been quite a few times to the old location but will probably not return to the new restaurant. They really need to step up if they want to compete with the more popular restaurants today (especially in their price range).
- The entrees were a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/20/2011The entrees were a little pricey and didn't get very much.Special Features:
- Pitrelli's is always a joyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/17/2011Pitrelli's is always a joy to visit. The food and service are always impeccable, and Jack, the violinist, gives the place an extra sophisticated touch. I was there Saturday night on a second date with a new gentleman from out of town, and we both enjoyed ourselves immensely. We were seated in the back, which was a nice quiet table so we could talk and feel intimate with each other. It was a very special night for us. Thanks to Ryan, our server, and to Jack for his beautiful music.Special Features:
- Fantastic!!! This is our 'new' favBonJohn72Dined on 12/17/2011Love the food, atomosphere, wait staff, & a special place in our hearts for Jack the violinist. He us awesome. We will be back for New Year's!!Special Features:
- Add Pitrelli's to your list!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/16/2011Really enjoyed our first visit! Decor was casual, not super romantic on first impression. but just the right bustle of staff and customers gave the place an upbeat, lively feel that made us glad to be there on a Friday night. Good wine reco from server. Food was good - my husband judges Italian places by the spagheti and meatballs and he said his was delicious! I got the chicken and linguni with vodka pomodoro sauce - very good as well. We had a very enjoyable dinner and will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great, authentic Italian food.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/16/2011Great, authentic Italian food. Good wine selection. Worth the trip.
- Disappointed in the reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/16/2011Love Jack, the violinist - what a gifted musician and gregarious gentleman. As always the food was outstanding and our waiter, Derek, was more than accommodating in helping us select the perfect wine to compliment our meal. Pitrellis may very well become our favorite hangout!
- Excellent food and fast service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/16/2011Excellent food and fast service. It was a bit dark but loved the violinist.Special Features:
- Server did not come to ourDeeDeeDined on 12/15/2011Server did not come to our table until we had been there about 10 min. and it was not due to a crowded restaurant. We had to alert the hostess that we needed to be served. Service was fine after that. I enjoyed this restaurant more before they moved to the new larger location.Special Features:
- The food and service are greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/10/2011The food and service are great at Pitrelli's. Antipasti has meats, cheese, olives, and other goodies. Great bar area.Special Features:
- Jack the violinist was awesome!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/9/2011Jack the violinist was awesome!! Great food-perfect portions, Big booth for the six of us was perfect!Special Features:
- Good Italian food, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/9/2011One of my favorite places in town...the best Italian food in the Mason area. The owner always greets us at the door. The food has been excellent every time, but the service is what we love the most. They do it right!Special Features:
- Food is amazing !!! If youOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/3/2011Food is amazing !!! If you want Italian food, this is the best.Special Features: