Four Seasons Hotel
One Logan Square
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.fourseasons.com/philadelphia/dining/restaurants/fountain_restaurant/
- Phone: 2159631500x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Saturday: 7:00am - 11:00am
Sunday: 7:00am - 12:00pm
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
(Closed Monday and Sunday Night)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, Global, International
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Fountain Restaurant
As one of the country's only Forbes Five Star and AAA Five Diamond awards recipients, Fountain Restaurant has earned national acclaim for its impeccable service and cuisine. Set within a modern, yet warm atmosphere surrounded by local artistic works, diners are treated to a view of the stunning Swann Memorial Fountain along Philadelphia's renowned Parkway Museums District. Fountain Restaurant is considered one of the city's – and the country's – best restaurants, having been rated the number one restaurant in Philadelphia by Zagat Survey and receiving top honors from the Philadelphia Inquirer, Robb Report,and Bon Appétit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Fountain Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Fountain Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (46)romantic (34)fit for foodies (28)notable wine list (22)scenic view (18)great for brunch (13)great for lunch (10)good for groups (6)neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Wonderful eveningStevieSVIPDined on 4/9/2014I can't say enough good things about this restaurant, a Philadelphia icon for years, although the chef et al changed awhile ago. Yet, the basic things remain: impeccable service, wonderfully prepared food both combined with a certain ambiance make dining here a special experience. The real foodies, the true gourmets may have more to say, but for the diner who knows something about food, Fountain is a wonderful place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Past its primeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/9/2014This used to be our special occasion go to place. The last couple of times have been disappointing. This is supposed to be as good as it gets and it has become dated and ordinary. They are moving to a new 4 seasons in Philadelphia soon. We will give it a try after they settle in.
- Must be scaling back for retirementCrustyCurmudgeonVIPDined on 4/5/2014OK, we know jeans & T-shirts are ubiquitous. We know the hotel is moving & Fountain is closing for good. We know fine cellars are capital-intensive, & we understand that employees have lives too. But no sommelier to educate us about 3 wines new to us? An abbreviated (for the Fountain, anyway) wine list? No description of each dish on presentation? A half empty room on arrival at 8:45 Saturday night? Not even one exotic entrée to break the monotony? Yes, the food's still excellent - and the prix fixe is a (relative) bargain at $110 + $60 for a wine pairing. The gnocchi were excellent, the salad green, & the chicken delicious - but it's a chicken (!). No more venison? boar? It's still fine, but not so special (at least this time around).Special Features:
- Wonderful experiencegordonDined on 4/5/2014I always enjoy the Four Seasons. It is my favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- Dinner with FriendslgoodmancpaVIPDined on 3/29/2014Been to the Fountain many times over the years and the food and atmosphere are the best of the best in Philly.Special Features:
- My Favorite Restaurant in PhiladelpqtorDined on 3/26/2014This is the nicest, classiest restaurant in the CitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A uniquely wonderful restaurantDavidVIPDined on 3/25/2014In the 10 years or so that I have been a regular at this restaurant I have never been served a less than excellent dish or experienced less than excellent service. The tables are nicely spaced. The noise level is low to moderate so that one can have a conversation without shouting. The menu is diverse and the wine list extensive. During my most recent meal i had a sauteed beef tenderloin topped with a layer of beef brisket. It was a very interesting combination in that the texture of the tenderloin contrasted in an interesting way with the texture of the brisket. The accompanying sauce (Merlot based it think) was one of the richest, most flavorful sauces I have had in a long time. This was just one course of a great meal and evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectniceVIPDined on 3/22/2014This is real dining, where you can enjoy conversation, fine meals in a civilized athmosphere. No loud music, no rushing to turn over the table and perfection. what else can you ask for.Special Features:
- Ooh La LaOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/15/2014My husband and I celebrated my birthday at Fountains while on a trip to Philly from DC. Everything about the meal was memorable, from the table setting to the outstanding food. Every bite was more delicious than the last and the staff was attentive without being cloying. We especially liked that one of us was allowed to order from the tasting menu while the other ordered from the traditional menu, an option I have never found in DC. I would definitely rate this among one of my most memorable meals. The evening was very expensive so save Fountains for a special occasion! To the Chef I say, Bravo!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedRockDined on 3/14/2014We are true foodies and we're not impressed at all. We were expecting to be Wowed and left feeling like we had just been sucked into another overpriced tourist trap. We enjoyed a much better dinner at the Ocean Prime for $100,00 less. We do not mind spending money on good food - but do not like feeling ripped off and paying high prices just because of the associated name. Lesson learned!
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/14/2014This place had great food, and we would go back. The service was on the slow side though, as it was challenging getting a hold of our server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, Very goodeaterDined on 3/13/2014Great food, lovely setting. Used a TravelZoo cert., and it was a very good deal.Special Features:
- Wonderful birthday dinnerbliss610Dined on 3/12/2014Husband and I were there to celebrate my birthday and I had never been. We each had a three-course dinner including appetizer, entree and dessert. I enjoyed every bit of mine - a small but in fact robust lobster salad with avocado mousse bursting with wonderful citric flavors, rich roasteded salmon on a bed of perfect wheatberry, and a delightful dessert "s'more" consisting of graham cracker, intense chocolate, and merengue with a hearty dollop of cinammon ice cream. Very memorable, delicious combinations of ingredients and spices, and beautiful presentation. Great service too and very good wine suggestions for each dinner. (I forgot our Travelzoo voucher but we were allowed to submit it later electronically.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Shelf Unique Gourmet - 5 StarsChrisX5150VIPDined on 3/11/2014The unique flavors, unusual courses and flawless service make this place stand out. Conveniently located in a great space at the Four Seasons, this top shelf restaurant delivers on great service, wine and food. Good for groups or couples. Prices are surprisingly high, but for a special night--it's worth it. Great tables by the window, comfortable environment and just the right amount of attention from the service team. My chilled, grilled shrimp appetizer was unique and tasty and the black bass and seafood rice entre was flawless. The only complain was the Fountain salad which was a bit bland, but fresh. I ordered fresh berries in lieu of a dessert and they were as good as it gets. Wines by the glass were also good, albeit heavy on French.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast at the The FountainOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/10/2014Breakfast provides a excellent opportunity to sample the menu at The Fountain with a quiet ambiance and non-intrusive but attentive service that's ideal for business meetings and conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful anniversary dinnerLimLocDined on 3/8/2014We had a wonderful evening at the Fountain Restaurant, which did not disappoint. This highly rated spot in the Four Seasons Hotel met all our expectations. Our server was knowledgeable and professional but made us feel comfortable. The food was excellent and the wine list offers many good choices. Beautifully appointed dining room with a very nice ambience.Special Features:
- Made to feel special.ros44VIPDined on 3/6/2014For the past several years a friend and I have been having lunch at the Fountain restaurant to celebrate our birthdays. We always get the same table in a quiet corner but it was not available this time. We saw another corner table but it was already reserved. After graciously being seated at another table, the hostess came over to say that the other reservation had cancelled and the corner table was ours. The staff moved everything for us. We were extremely appreciative of this accommodation. We split everything and all the dividing was done in the kitchen. For dessert the staff presented us with a delicious plate of sweets and each one had a personalized happy birthday wish written in chocolate on it. This kind of attention is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Star Rating!MareVIPDined on 3/5/2014Always a pleasure to dine at the Four Seasons/Fountain Room! The food is exceptional in flavor and presentation. The waitstaff is professional and courteous. It's expensive, but well worth it.Special Features:
- Special DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014We brought our dear friends, young foodies to celebrate their recent marriage. It was an event. We did the price fixed five course meal and the flights of wine. It was an investment, a beautiful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!ProfMicheleVIPDined on 2/27/2014The food was excellent, in flavor combination, preparation as well as presentation and the service was friendly yet unobtrusive. We arrived about 20 minutes early for our reservation, but were cheerfully seated right away. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent in every wayTSternDined on 2/26/2014Go here for a special occasion, or just to enjoy a great meal. Value for money. You get what you pay for. Excellent food service and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Location and menu!sugarandspiceVIPDined on 2/25/2014The food was great. We went here for my birthday lunch after a morning at the spa and it was an overall wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAndreDined on 2/21/2014Great service, beautiful surroundings, excellent menu and wine selection. Food was well-presented and perfectly cooked. Highly recommended, particularly for special occasions. Be prepared to spend a lot, but it is well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely experienceCarolynAVIPDined on 2/19/2014We stayed for one night at the Four Seasons and decided to dine at the Fountain Restaurant. This was an experience worthy of a fine restaurant and should not be judged as a hotel restaurant. We both had the 3 course prix fixe menu with the wine flight--lobster cocktail made with granny smith apples--superb; filet mignon over risotto--cooked perfectly; and a dessert with ginger cake and sorbet--not memorable. All the wines were perfect pairings, service was friendly and attentive without being intrusive. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best deserves only the best.ProudHusbandDined on 2/19/2014We celebrated my wife's 65th birthday. On this special occasion, a very special woman deserved the very best. Great imaginative cuisine, terrific presentations, and splendid service. That is the reason the whole family was at The Fountain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/18/2014Food and service was excellent. The only complaint was that it was very loud and noisy. Would have preferred some nice romantic music or piano player.Special Features:
- Elegant DiningTrixieDined on 2/12/2014The restaurant is always top notch. The food is inventive and very well done. Our server Steven was knowledgeable and attentive. This all made for an excellent evening celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good business lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/11/2014Took a little while before we ordered, but our drink order and water was filled during the wait. It was a business lunch so we were talking and it was not that bad. But, we should have our lunch order taken sooner.Special Features:
- Fantastic!AlexVIPDined on 2/8/2014My fiance and I had an early Valentine's Day dinner at the Fountain Restaurant this past weekend and absolutely loved it. We did the five course price fix with the wine pairing. The food was delectable and we loved that our waiter customized the wine pairing to match the dishes. We highly recommend this restaurant for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!!marshaDined on 2/8/2014We've been to the Fountain Restaurant for special occasions since it is a bit pricey. There isn't a place in the city with better service, ambiance or food. The food is unique! Each time I go I say it's the best meal I've ever had. The Four Seasons Hotel is actually moving to another building. And the Fountain Restaurant is not moving with them. It will be sad to see it go.Special Features:
- The way great dining should beGregDined on 2/1/2014We were celebrating an anniversary. What a way to celebrate. The staff was attentive but unobtrusive (none of this "Wasn't that delicious?" nonsense, just friendly, professional service). The prix-fixe dinner was beautifully prepared and served. The beef course was exactly as ordered and the flavorings enhanced the main ingredient, another refreshing change. If you're tired of overly scripted servers who want to know if "every bite is perfect?" and "adventurous" dishes with one too many odd flavors, run to Fountain. It's not formal or stodgy: it's just a wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/30/2014Really great food, cool ambience, very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dated, overprice, rude hostessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/30/2014While menu is impressive, prices are just silly, and decor is so outdated that I wondered it reminded me of a museum. Not to mention rude hostess. I have no problem paying if the experience matches. This place needs an overhaul.
- Enjoyable romantic restaurantJazzyVIPDined on 1/29/2014We went for restaurant week. Dinner was absolutely delicious and perfection. Service was a little slow but it just allowed for more time taking in the views. I definitely recommend this place. Only thing is they don't let you substitute a different first course on restaurant week menu but I guess that was expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinnerAstrojoVIPDined on 1/28/2014After the reviews I thought this restaurant would have a wow factor but the only surprise was they charged $6 for a tiny coke and refills were not free! We could've gotten 3 cases of coke for less than the $18 we were charged? Good God!!!!
- Fabulous food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2014Fabulous food and service although expensive. The cheese portion could have been bigger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CLASS ACTAlexandreDined on 1/22/2014Like always The Fountain Restaurant at the Four Seasons knows about service and food even if it is for the Restaurant Week menu. A treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentmudphudVIPDined on 1/21/2014Amazing service.adr us feel at home. Elegant atmosphere and we're not rushed at all. An overall excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ..WITHOUT LE BEC FIN...cigarknightVIPDined on 1/18/2014Without Le Bec Fin, the most elegant restaurant in the city...sort of...this particular lunch was for my six year old granddaughter...my most beautiful girl...and the restaurant and staff did an OUTSTANDING job of pampering and catering to her...the lunch, as usual, was outstanding ..excellent taste pairings and served in a very professional manner...now, the tuna was a bit tough..but very good...our server is a great server in training, but, made mistakes that he acknoledged and corrected..the man will be very good some day!!!Special Features:
- under staffedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/30/2013It food took a long time to arrive and our server was not very attentive and preoccupied. I have higher expectations based upon my previous restaurant visits. Very disappointing.Special Features: