Tryst - St Petersburg
240 Beach Dr NE
St.Petersburg, FL 33701Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
Tryst - St Petersburg
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://trystgastrolounge.com/
- Phone: 7278214567
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Monday 4:00 PM - 3:00 AM
Monday - Wednesday 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Thursday 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Friday 5:00 PM - 12:00 AM
Saturday 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM 5:30 PM - 12:00 AM
Sunday 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM
BAR SNACK MENU
Thursday 9:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Friday 10:00 PM - 12:00 AM
Saturday 10:00 PM - 12:00 AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Tryst - St Petersburg
South Beach style upscale lounge with great food and cocktailsContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Tryst - St Petersburg - Best Restaurants in St. Petersburg ›
Tryst - St Petersburg reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (12)great for outdoor dining (11)hot spot (10)fit for foodies (9)late-night find (8)special occasion (7)good for groups (5)neighborhood gem (4)romantic (4)scenic view (4)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- More drink than foodLpstkbizdinerVIPDined on 9/1/2013The food was just ok the menu itself not overly inspired. The focus seems to be on the mixologist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night to remember! = )ShepDined on 8/24/2013On August 24, 2013 I proposed to my future wife at Tryst. The restaurant accomodated us tremendously. They allowed our friends to decorate our table, and I hired a local artist Mikel Soul-Hop to come sing "Shai" If I ever fall in love, to her, he did an amazing job! The weather held up Thank You Jesus! Before walking up to our table outside I blindfloded my fiancee and surpised her with all our friends at the table. Our waitress had only been working for a couple of days, but she was very sweet and accomodating. I ordered champagne and Sammosas and they were good, but pretty small compared to the pictures online. All of our guests were pleased with there entrees. I look forward to returning in the future. Thanks TrystSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and SoundashleybDined on 8/10/2013Great service all the way through the evening. We ate inside for dinner and then the staff set us up a table outside for cocktails to listen to the fabulous DJ Coro. The food was exceptional from the meaty crab cakes to the halibut special. Oh, the mahi taco's rocked! This is my favorite restaurant in all the Tampa Bay area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food but way too loud.TravelingManDined on 8/3/2013Food and service were worth coming back for but it was way too loud inside. It was a struggle to have a conversation and we all basically gave up trying to talk to anyone across from us....there were only 4 of us.
- Jimmy B was the BOMB....foodie67Dined on 8/2/2013Had a great dining experience. Beer was cold, food was delicious and our server was awesome. Jimmy B really made the overall experience great. He is the perfect fit for the Tryst experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tryst DininggoodeatsVIPDined on 7/27/2013Was surprised to see the drastic menu change while the food was good i would have liked to see of the old menu there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/26/2013VisitedTryst on my birthday with my wife and stepson and was very pleased with the food and quality of service. The waiter was upbeat and knew the menu well which was a great help to first time diners..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a treat to find suchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/20/2013What a treat to find such an amazing restaurant during my weekend visit to St. Petersburg. I loved the ambiance. The food was absolutely amazing (inventive, fresh and tasty!) and the specialty drinks were very fantastic. Enjoyed our waiter Brian W. He was very helpful and accomodating. I would highly recommend this restaurant and hope to make it back to St. Pete again soon to enjoy another dining experience at TrystSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and ambiance.AndyDined on 7/19/2013Excellent service and ambiance. They changed the menu which was disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited Sunday MenussacDined on 7/14/2013We didn't know that they service an "early dinner" menu on Sunday. No sure how much was missing from the regular dinner menu - but we looked on line, chose the restaurant for the selections, and found something different at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What more can you ask for?OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/13/2013Great food, drinks, service and ambience. The dining room/bar area blends together and is pretty upbeat. The space is somewhat small which we thought made it really cool, but this isn't the place for a quiet date night. Tryst definitely brings a new element to the Beach Drive scene in St. Pete. As a Tampa resident, I'm jealous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sub parOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2013Decent food, sub par drinks and sub par service. When we arrived, our waiter introduced himself as our waiter and said "as if you care". The drinks were the reason we went, but they included too much juice and could really taste the alcohol.Special Features:
- Great Service and Delicious FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/29/2013Fresh, real food. Comfortable and stylish seating areas. Personable and perfect service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!D33b0Dined on 6/22/2013We have been to Tryst for a few meals and have never been disappointed! The food is always phenomenal and the drinks are fantastic! There is always a vibrant atmosphere and it keeps us coming back again and again! If you are ever in the St. Pete area, make your way to Tryst! You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!otsarabethDined on 6/15/2013We had a wonderful experience here having dinner for our friend's bachelorette party! The service, bar menu, food and view were all amazing! Loved the filet tartare and pasta carbonara.Special Features:
- Very very very loud inside,MikeHVIPDined on 6/14/2013Very very very loud inside, could not hold a normal conversation.Special Features:
- Take a Seat... In the RainOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/1/2013We went to Tryst this past weekend, and I was extremely disappointed. It was pouring rain when we arrived, but they still seated us at an outside table! When I inquired about an empty inside table, the host told me that it was reserved for someone who had requested an inside table. I had no idea you had to request to sit inside when it's raining outside. No other restaurant on Beach St. had their outdoor seating available-- Tryst should strongly consider this. I would have been happy waiting for an indoor table, but I was never given that option. The food was decent and our waiter was great. However, it's really frustrating to drop a couple of bills on a dinner where you have to dry yourself off afterward.Special Features:
- While pricy (most dinner entreesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013While pricy (most dinner entrees in $20-$30 range) we sat outside and had a great time. Excelent cocktails and friendly waitstaff. Skip dessert and head to Pacuigos instead - cheesecake was underwhelming. Can be quite loud and lots of folks were just having drinks.Special Features:
- This was my Second Time togoodeatsVIPDined on 3/16/2013This was my Second Time to Tryst. The food is excellent as well as the service. The only draw back is it gets too loud.Special Features:
- Great ServicceOBeeDined on 3/15/2013Service was excellent. Amanda is a superb waiter. Food was outstanding and we appreciated being able to split all our dishes so we could sample more of the wonderful food.Special Features:
- Awesome experience, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013Awesome experience, great place to go with friends.Special Features:
- Good but NOISY!goodeatsVIPDined on 2/9/2013The food and the service were very good. The noise level was unacceptable. I chose to eat indoors as the music outside was a little loud. The music drifted in and it was very noisy inside. I had a difficult time having a conversation with my wife during the course of our dinner.Special Features:
- First time at Tryst. WentVirginia9Dined on 1/20/2013First time at Tryst. Went for a Sunday lunch and sat outside with a view of pedestrians and the harbor. Had the Chicken Club and the Blue BLT. Both were exceptional. Large selection of draft beers and decent wine list. Would go back.Special Features:
- Very disappointed. Had dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/15/2013Very disappointed. Had dinner there and it must have been the B team working. Service very spotty and they were out of several items on the menu. The cesar salad was drowning in dressing and they had no anchovies which is why I ordered a cesare to begin with. All in all not a good experience.
- Appetizers and cocktails wereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/10/2013Appetizers and cocktails were fantastic! Will definitely go again!Special Features:
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/17/2012Great place! Food is great, the wine and beer list is extensive. The GM Rodney is fantastic! This is a local place that truly makes you feel like you are home.Special Features:
- Uniqueness on the Beach Drive StripOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/3/2012This is our third time at Tryst and enjoyed a very fun evening. To start, our waiter, Bryan, was awesome! He was attentive enough without bothering us, gave great suggestions and was witty!! The food was delicious. Drinks were great as always! The restaurant started bustling about 8:30 and the energy was high! We will return again.Special Features:
- It was a little busy and itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2012It was a little busy and it appeared that they needed more wait staff or more cooks. Overall it was fantastic and i'll be back.Special Features:
- 5 star if not for the Cigar Smokeplaces2goDined on 11/2/2012Best dinner I ever had except both outdoor seating and indoor air was full of cigar smoke which does put a damper on your experience.Special Features:
- GREAT FOR A DRINK AND SALADOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/26/2012Brilliantly designed. Ate outside on a perfect evening. Sidewalk parade was fantastic. Waiter was attentive. Salads were off the hook- fabulous ( beet and arugula and tomato and mozzarella). Then the next course: completely mediocre. Crab cake was made of poor meat and made like a canned crab salad that was then pan seared- sent it back. Tuna tar tar was unremarkable, although presentation was nice. Lovely to sit outside and have a light fare, align your expectations on food quality, and enjoy the show.
- We had a very nice dinner.Marq04VIPDined on 9/22/2012We had a very nice dinner. Our waiter was not particularly attentive and we wish that the restaurant offered sides orders of vegetables but the atmosphere, setting, and food quality make for a terrific experience overall.Special Features:
- Overall, I thought the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2012Overall, I thought the food was good. I had to send my filet back because it wasn't cooked well done. So that was a bummer. My husband loved his meal! The wine, beer and drink list was great. Many selections and options. The restaurant itself was very small. But our server was excellent. One side note, I made reservations through Open Table and specifically mentioned it was our anniversary. There was no mention from the server or the hostess about that. And then come to find out that the hostess never even checked us in. I received an email the next day from open table stating that we did not honor our reservation. When in fact, we did. So somewhere, someone did not read the reservation. But overall, it was a good place to eatSpecial Features:
- Too much of a scene for the pricesDebbraVIPDined on 7/1/2012Food was good and service (from Rodney who went out of his way to accommodate) was excellent, but for a place that is marketing itself in part as a fine dining destination, prospective customers should know that anyone actually eating is secondary to the young wanna-be hipsters making a scene. We purposely scheduled dinner at 5:30 on a Sunday and still ended up at the taping of auditions for a reality show. We had a $300 tab for 4 people and did not get to speak to each other at all for all the noise.
- We celebrated our 7th weddingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/8/2012We celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary there and loved it! The food was very good and we had a wonderful and professional waitress. Would definitely recommend it.Special Features:
- Overall, I am rating thisOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/19/2012Overall, I am rating this restaurant a 5 even though this particular night the food and service was spotty. Most of the time, it is an overall excellent. The goat cheese salad this time was almost all frisee leaf greens (sort of like eating a tumbleweed) - sooo not my favorite so i set it to the side and there wasn't much left. This is not the norm so I hope that changes back to the lovely spring mix that is mostly baby arugula. The steak was wonderful, cooked just to the right temperature but the cheese cake was very dry so the entire meeting evening was a mix. I do love the atmosphere and the music later in the evening is great.Special Features:
- Almost there...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/6/2012Went for appetizers and drinks with my wife (one of the few nights we get these days). Lobster bisque was very lobstery but a little thin without much in the way of mouthfeel. Cheese plate and Charcuterie plates were pretty good (try the honey with the goat cheese!). The caipirfruta (caipirinha muddled with "seasonal" fruit instead of lime and simple syrup) was not very good. How can peaches in April be considered seasonal? The Cachaça used for the drink was not good and had a very turpentiny taste. If you're looking for a good caipirinha, go to Red Messa Cantina.Special Features:
- I was there with a group ofOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2012I was there with a group of 11 people instead of the 8 I made a reservation for. The hostess was great about adjusting for the additional people. The atmosphere was beautiful as we were seated outside on a beautiful night. Tryst is a great new bar/restaurant addition to the downtown scene. We were there for drinks only as it was late, unfortunately the waiter had an attitude when he found out we were only having drinks and then gave us our checks before we were ready to leave. Too bad he cut off his nose to spite his face...Special Features:
- The food was presented artfullyOvertimeFLDined on 3/23/2012The food was presented artfully and was very flavorful.Special Features:
- The large rectangular spaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/22/2012The large rectangular space lends itself to a high noise level. Feels like a bar with dining tables. Multiple TV's over bar skewer any chance of a romantic dining experience. Service was spotty, food was acceptable.
- Good not great consideringOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/1/2012Good not great considering my dinner for two (with a drink each) was about $120. I'd go back for a drink, but my food was okay. On the flip side my girlfriend really enjoyed her meal (Bouillabaisse).Special Features: