deep blu Seafood Grille at Wyndham Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
14651 Chelonia Parkway
Orlando, FL 32821Neighborhood:
Lake Buena Vista
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
deep blu Seafood Grille at Wyndham Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://deepbluorlando.com/
- Phone: 4073902420x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 5:30-10pm Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Geoffrey Gable
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from deep blu Seafood Grille at Wyndham Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
deep blu seafood grille features ultra fresh seafood, hand crafted sushi and more with a focus on local and sustainable ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
deep blu Seafood Grille at Wyndham Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek - Best Restaurants in Lake Buena Vista ›
deep blu Seafood Grille at Wyndham Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (70)fit for foodies (56)romantic (49)good for groups (26)notable wine list (23)scenic view (22)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (6)neighborhood gem (6)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Great service and foodHhkkhkDined on 5/12/2014Food was great. Pricey for the portions but good. We even had our toddler with us and it wasn't crowded so she was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014I took my sister for mother's day celebration and we had a blast! The service was excellent, David our waiter, did a fine job with a great attitude and personality. The food was delicious. I had the scallops and they were cooked perfectly. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- away fom the Magic crowdsHSVlocalDined on 5/10/2014Beautiful environment & delicious food. Great variety of fish with different sauces and different ways. Love the ginger-mustard sauce! Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantArabellasVIPDined on 5/10/2014Deep blu is $$$$$ but well worth it. Everything was outstanding - valet, food, service, atmosphere. Our fish dishes were incredible and presented nicely. The waitress was extremely attentive and friendly. Plus they are the only restaurant in central FL that knows how to make a MD Crabcake - no fillers. If someone told me I could only eat at one restaurant in Orlando - this would be it.Special Features:
- Great place for a special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/5/2014We were staying at the Wyndham timeshare and wanted something more than fast food. We have nothing but great things to say about the meal, service and ambiance. Make sure you try the crabcake appetizer and the tuna. Pricey, but worth it
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/2/2014Potatoes in ciopinno? Admittedly I'm spoiled spending a good amount of time in San Francisco and have had some of the best seafood but how disappointing. Very salty does not make good flavor. The service was very spotty. If you like good seafood, I would recommend Moonfish instead.
- Great dinnerSaddinerDined on 4/30/2014Having had seafood from Maine to Florida this was without a doubt the finest seafood dinner . Our waiter David was knowledgable , friendly. The staff was outstanding. While the restaurant was very crowded but the noise level was great . You would not be disappointed having dinner here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- REVIEWS DON'T LIEsjoh9323Dined on 4/30/2014MY WIFE AND I SEARCHED BEST SEAFOOD IN ORLANDO , AND THE WYNDHAM POPPED UP AS A GOOD CHOICE. AFTER READING THE POSITIVE REVIEWS , WE DECIDED TO GIVE IT A TRY WE WERE NOT DISAPPOINTED THE SERVER , VINCENT, WAS FRIENDLY AND KNOWLEDGEABLE. THE FISH WAS FRESH AND COOKED PERFECTLY. PRICES ARE SOMEWHAT HIGHER THAN OTHERS BUT WE DEEMED WELL WORTH IT. WE WOULD DEFINITELY GO AGAINSpecial Features:
- Good overall.swmboDined on 4/29/2014Best crab cake appetizer I had in a very long time. Quality of food very good, but preparation just average. Good piece of halibut overcooked and dry. Comfortable setting. Expensive.Special Features:
- Wonderful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/27/2014As previous diners advertised, we requested David as our server and he was fantastic. Service was attentive but not overbearing. He suggested the Alaskan halibut and the three of us opted for it. Wow - outstanding. He made sure the wine was chilled perfectly and the desserts were divine. A wonderful fine dining option in the Orlando area.Special Features:
- Amazing every timeHamsLuv2EatDined on 4/20/2014We eat at Deep Blu about once a year when we visit Orlando. We always request David as our server and each time we are more and more impressed. The food is always amazing, but the service is outstanding. Though it's not necesaarily a "kid" restaurant, David always takes care of our kids who are now 9 & 10. David and Deep Blu make the fine dining experience an incredibly pleasant one for the kids and the adults. My kids look forward to it every year! We will continue to eat at deep Blu every time we are in Orlando.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/14/2014This was a gem of a restaurant in the middle of a busy resort area. Great atmosphere, excellent wait staff and fantastic, fresh seafood. Best crab cake I ever had!Special Features:
- unpleasantIands3Dined on 4/13/2014We were having a night away from the kids. Previosuly trying to celebrate a recent engagment. Service not friendly. Needs better training. Food porTIon not filling for over priced food. Rude service .. picks up check before wine is gone. Not knowlagable per their menu. Manager offered a free drink to remedy our experience kind but will never eat at this place again. Save your money for a better place and the extra drinks did not help. Word of advice . Just go for wine and fireworks by the window.Special Features:
- Great foodAsegarraDined on 4/13/2014Elegant restaurant, great food and very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deep blu worth the trip - leisurely2hilliardfoodiesDined on 4/12/2014Excellent food and wine list. Beautiful presentations. Ambience excellent! Friendly, knowledgable wait staff but overall service was slow. Not sure if due to wait staff or kitchen. It seemed to take a very long time to get our food, especially the entrees and the restaurant was only 20% full at 7:30 on a Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crab Cake is to die for...SeafoodCriticDined on 4/12/2014Outstanding dinner for our last evening in Florida. Both the Crab Cake and the Red Snapper were excellent. I would also recommend trying the Green Hornet Sushi roll for an appetizer. Service was attentive and very professional. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly outstanding food and service.NHDinersDined on 4/11/2014Orlando has a lot of restaurants that specialize in seafood but deep blue is the best. Their approach to service is truly outstanding. We had one main server like most restaurants but it seemed like everyone in the place was pitching in to help whenever necessary. It made for a remarkable night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb service ask for RachelWinoVIPDined on 4/9/2014Was a suggestion from the concierge at the Waldorf and what a great find! From the moment we walked in, we felt like we were the only customers in the room. Rachel, our server was knowledge, warm and friendly. The yellowtail sashimi was fresh and with jalapeño and ponzu and the green hornet roll had a perfect combination of spicey tuna and shrimp tempura. The halibut special was fabulous, prepared over mashed potatoes with a very light broth. The short ribs were equally wonderful, melt in your mouth tender with a blackberry BBQ sause that was amazing and bacon wrapped grilled asparagus. Highly suggest Deep Blu,menu offered variety and everything we tried was excellent. Ask for a table overlooking the pool.Special Features:
- This is a beautiful restaurant!localguyVIPDined on 4/7/2014This is a beautiful restaurant! We had a wonderful evening starting with the crab cake which is out of this world. The salads were delicious as were the sea scallops and snapper fish. We ordered a side of asparagus which was not necessary since there were vegetables on our plates. I enjoyed those for lunch the next day. Our server was very attentive and knowledgable. A great time was had by all.Special Features:
- WonderfulpeacefulharborDined on 4/7/2014It was so enjoyable that we came back the next evening. The quiet atmosphere is excellent for business discussions. You can actually hear each other while enjoying wonderful ambience, excellent service and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liv2dineLiv2dineDined on 4/7/2014Second time for my wife I at Deep Blu and we will be back when we return to Orlando. Very impressed with our meal and service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all the way around!BCookDined on 4/3/2014After having stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek about 4 times in the last 16 years we finally went to the on-property seafood restaurant in the hotel portion. I could tell by previous reviews and the menu that it was an expensive restaurant but my wife and I wanted to spend some time alone during our Disney/Universal vacation. deep blu did not disappoint. It was 5 star all the way around. The martini/drink menu was excellent (the Mangolicious wasawesome), service was top notch, and the food had surprising flavors in the dishes and tasted as fresh as any seafood we've ever eaten! 5 stars all the way!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh...TeaGalDined on 4/1/2014For a seafood restaurant, the seafood wasn't great - just ordinary. However, the rack of lamb was superb - tender, succulent, cooked to perfection.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Toss this one backLocalYocalDined on 3/31/2014One can have a perfectly nice dinner at Deep Blu, but for a price of $100 per person, which is what our dinner of shared appetizer, an entree each, one side, one dessert and two glasses of wine each came to, I expect a lot more than perfectly nice. The conceit of having the diner chose a fish from column A, a preparation from column B and a sauce from column C is no better an idea here than it is at places where you can "have any pasta with any sauce." If one is going to tout "sustainable" fish, why not include some lesser-known local options that really are? Obviously coached in the mantra of up-sell, our waiter simply recommended the most expensive option in every section of the menu. Overall, a disappointment.
- kwagrichDined on 3/31/2014The award-winning crab cakes are a must try - very delicious! Made only of crab meat - no filler. Server very knowledgeable.
- Lots of Potential To ImproveFoodieDined on 3/28/2014We dined at this restaurant for my partners 66th Birthday and we ordered drinks, Oysters, sushi for appetizer , The Cioppini for my friend was good but seemed to be lacking an ingredient from previous samplings of this seafood stew, I ordered the Blackened Halibut that was a bit of a disappointment. I thought the wait staff would observe that very little was eaten as in 3 bites of fish and a few of the fern things and one fork full of the mashed potatoes. The problem I tasted was that the fish was over cooked as Blackening such a thick cut as they did sort of left one side seasoned and tough and the other side dry and lacking flavor. No worries though the desert of Crème Brulee was great.Special Features:
- I loved the overall experience.FoodloversDined on 3/21/2014I loved the overall experience. Starting from the Valet parking, through the hostess team and the server. The food was excellent. The chilean seabass and the calamary are a MUST. The desserts were also excellent. The creme brulee and the key lime pye were incredible. I was impressed with the consistent excellent service from all the staff. We will make this restaurants one of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Texans Craving Fresh SeafoodfortgDined on 3/18/2014Being from Texas, getting the freshest of fresh seafood can be challenging. My wife and I are in the Orlando area for a conference and we have decided. while we're here all our dining will be seafood restaurants. deep blu was a great choice. If you have a choice of Oceanaire or deep blu, choose deep blu. Better food, better service, better ambiance, better everything. Ask for Vincent to be your waiter. He's very professional, very personable.Special Features:
- Business dinner in OrlandorgsmontyDined on 3/17/2014First, I want to say "WOW". The food was exceptional. The food was seasoned and cooked to perfection. We had several appetizers prior to our meal and everyone of them was perfectly prepared. The calamari "fries" were perfectly cooked, they were not chewy and hard to eat/ The oysters were chilled to perfection. The shrimp cocktail included huge perfectly cooked shrimp and a great sauce. For my meal I had the Ahi Tuna and it melted in my mouth. As for the sides, I have to say, I am in love with their Whipped Potatoes. The mashed potatoes served with bacon, sour cream and cheese like you ould find on a baked potato. I have tried similar potatoes at other restaurants, but these were luxurious. The potatoes themselves tasted of bacon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Hotel RestaurantnSanRamonVIPDined on 3/17/2014or outside of a hotel. Food is excellent and service was great. Seafood was SO fresh! Took business clients there and they loved it. I will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only ok for "#1 seafood restaurant"TheMcWilsDined on 3/16/2014We were probably told 10 times while dining in this restaurant that it is the #1 seafood restaurant in Orlando" and truthfully whoever does the ratings needs to be fired. It was only soso. It was a nice restaurant and service was good. The sushi was tasty. Entrees mediocre. Dessert lackey creativity. Won't spend the money there again.Special Features:
- The kind waitress informedTEXANDined on 3/14/2014The kind waitress informed us they were out of whipped potatoes but the Chef wasn't about to let us eat without them, he ran downstairs and prepared a fresh batch of whipped potatoes!!!! Not to mention that the Swordfish was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, only a few glitchesricazimerDined on 3/14/2014The place is very good in all aspects and I ate one of the best fishes of my life (swordfish). But it was a little hard to find via GPS (I am not from Orlando and did not know it was inside Wyndham), they could not find my open table reservation when I arrived (but the hostess was very nice and we were seated in about 10 minutes) and finally the waiter was very nice (but left the wine in a bucket out of my reach and frequently left me with an empty glass). Even considering these small things I would come back when in Orlando area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shannon was GREATpremovieeatherVIPDined on 3/13/2014Food was very good, but Shannon our waitress was phenomenal.! Extremely pleasant, knowledgeable about the menu and happily made recommendations. Ask for her.Special Features:
- Great timeBarbmrnDined on 3/11/2014We were there last year. Not impressed. But this year we tried again and we were so pleased! Our waitress Rachel was wonderful. Service great, food outstanding. Very quiet, can have a conversation at the table.Special Features:
- Sometimes blue at BluSCdinerDined on 3/6/2014Late seating (20 minutes with reservations) due to short staff that night. Sea bass was big disappointment in quality and preparation. Crab cake, which was given to us, was the big surprise--absolutely fresh and incredibly seasoned. Also enjoyed the kale salad. No mention on menu of veggies served with fish--wouldn't have ordered the asparagus, which we didn't need.Special Features:
- Making me look good!!pmspostalDined on 3/6/2014Third time I've brought friends to Deep Blu... THANK YOU!!!! Shannon, our server, is fantastic! - personable, knowledgeable and attentive - we had a blast with her! The rack of lamb was perfection, sea bass wonderful and the swordfish special delicious! Crab cakes top notch, as usual, dessert plates were left totally empty! Can't leave w/o trying the crème brulee and key lime gelee! Chef Corey and staff - thank you for once again sharing your culinary talents, my friends enjoyed it and are still talking about it. We loved being able to watch your crew working so hard and efficiently to prepare such great meals. Thank you so much for stopping by our table. Great to see you. Thank you again, look forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for 10 with wineDavidfromJaxDined on 3/5/2014We wanted a wine tasting with dinner and the entire staff was very supportive and it was a marvelous dinner. knowledgeable sommelier and great greeting from the chef and senior wait staff. We all look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy birthday surpriseSteveDined on 3/2/2014When we checked in at Wyndham, they recommended Deep Blu highly. It was for my wife's birthday and I mentioned that in my reservation request. When we were seated, I noticed that the menu handed to us actually had a header that wished her a happy birthday. That was a very special surprise for both of us. Our server, Renee, was fantastic in recommending dishes, sauces, spices and wines. Everyone was fantastic and the food was phenomenal. The crab cake is to die for! Thank you, Renee, and all of Deep Blu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!HappyDinerDined on 3/2/2014Cool restaurant! Two of us really wanted the Cioppino, but it wasn't on the menu. So, we asked, and voila! The chef made if for us special. It was delicious. The sushi we ordered for appetizer was really good too. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.