deep blu Seafood Grille at Wyndham Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
14651 Chelonia Parkway
Orlando, FL 32821Neighborhood:
Lake Buena Vista
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
deep blu Seafood Grille at Wyndham Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://deepbluorlando.com/
- Phone: 4073902420x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 5:30-10pm Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Geoffrey Gable
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from deep blu Seafood Grille at Wyndham Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
deep blu seafood grille features ultra fresh seafood, hand crafted sushi and more with a focus on local and sustainable ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
deep blu Seafood Grille at Wyndham Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek - Best Restaurants in Lake Buena Vista ›
deep blu Seafood Grille at Wyndham Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (53)fit for foodies (43)romantic (38)scenic view (20)notable wine list (17)good for groups (17)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (5)neighborhood gem (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- New Chef at deep bluJoeandLizeatoutDined on 6/11/2014Oh boy, the bad news: Chef Cory is gone. The good news: Chef Geoffrey is fantastic. The subtle change he has made to the menu have taken this place to a new level. Well done, Chef! As always Shannon is our super server.Special Features:
- Seafood lovers, try this place!NashguyVIPDined on 6/6/2014We have eaten seafood in the islands and in many coastal eateries, but Deep Blu is among the very best fine dining seafood restaurants we have ever enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!!KnASDined on 6/6/2014My husband and I were spending the weekend in Orlando for our anniversary, and we had drinks and dinner here with 2 friends. Our meal and service was nothing short of amazing. The food was excellent, and the service was like nothing else we've ever had. The staff really made sure we enjoyed our special day! We WILL be back for sure!Special Features:
- Great!!Foodie27Dined on 6/1/2014Everything was great!! Food was delicious, service was on point and wine list was great!!Special Features:
- Truly amazing...OrlandoGatorDined on 5/29/2014My wife and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary here. We chose this venue based upon the strength of dining reviews frm Orlando Magazne. We were not disappointed. Cannot wait to dine here, again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Skip the steak but the seafood is awesome! Great Shrimp cocktail, calamari and salmon...oh and the Crab Mac & Chz was really good, as was the Lamb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 297 reviews are from the deep blu Seafood Grille at Wyndham Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek reviews archive.
- BobRichDined on 5/20/2014classy place with pricing to match. However, overall good quality. The only down note was a frozen key lime pie. Really? They must have pulled it out of the freezer as it was frozen thru. For this quality of a restaurant, it was almost shocking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good but PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2014Food, service and atmosphere are excellent. I think the menu could be a bit more inventive for the prices asked. Overall a very nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb dining experience1stimerVIPDined on 5/19/2014A very nice setting with great food and very good service. The signature crab cake was just that, except no cake--one of the best ever. The grouper special with grits was also excellent, as we're its accompaniments. The salmon was also quite good, as was the Mac and cheese with crab appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Resort PriceHideDined on 5/18/2014I think that the sea food appetizers were so good (commom level). However, main fish dishes were hardly to say good and not paticular. Each drunk 2 bottles of beer. It costed 500 dollers including tips for 5 peoples. We asked taxi when we return hotel, we did wait around 1hour, and that was too bad.Special Features:
- OutstandingBillRDined on 5/18/2014The food was some of the best I've ever eaten and our waiter, David, was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner in the main dinning roomOviedogirlDined on 5/18/2014We are locals and this was our second opportunity to dine here. The staff treated us like "Royals". Three of us had the appetizer serving of mussels for our entree. With the most wonderful Kale salad and dessert, we were happy campers. Our three guys enjoyed entrees , fish ,short rib and chioppino, all delicious. This seems to be a happy resort as the Valet staff were even kind, helpful and joking with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected MoreblsknyDined on 5/17/2014Though the food was good and I really had no complaints, I did expect to be blown away by deep blu and I wasn't. The service was impeccable, loved the ambiance. I had a salad which was good, fresh and the monkfish which was their specialty of the night and the sauce was nothing better than I do in my own kitchen and for $38 I did expect to find it outstanding and beg for the recipe. My whole table felt the same way and for the dinner's bill none of us were impressed enough to return. The crab cake which we were told was the speciality does not hold a candle to the crab cake at Flying Fish on Disney's Boardwalk.Special Features:
- great special occasion placeluckDined on 5/17/2014We have gone twice to Deep Blue Seafood and both occasions have been enjoyable. All parties ordered different dishes from sushi to steak and all enjoyed. The bar out front is a great meeting spot for the start and end of the meal. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-priced, too saltyRaymondDined on 5/16/2014The dee blu seafood grille is a vibrant, energetic restaurant better suited to younger folk. The wait staff are very young and inexperienced. The female wait staff wear short skirts (too short in my opinion), which may appeal to some younger crowds but I found it inappropriate for the upscale restaurant that I was expecting. The Seafood Cioppino that I ordered was far too salty - almost inedible. My wife had the cedar plank salmon. It was good, but nothing you could not prepare yourself at home. Prices are very high for what you get. The restaurant was very loud when full. In summary, if you want a nice romantic meal, skip this place. If you want a lively, bar-like scene, then this is your place.Special Features:
- Muy buenoRichoDined on 5/15/2014El lugar muy bonito, buen ambiente tranquilo, calidad de los alimentos excelente, buen precio, 200 USD una pareja con botella de vino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodHhkkhkDined on 5/12/2014Food was great. Pricey for the portions but good. We even had our toddler with us and it wasn't crowded so she was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014I took my sister for mother's day celebration and we had a blast! The service was excellent, David our waiter, did a fine job with a great attitude and personality. The food was delicious. I had the scallops and they were cooked perfectly. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- away fom the Magic crowdsHSVlocalDined on 5/10/2014Beautiful environment & delicious food. Great variety of fish with different sauces and different ways. Love the ginger-mustard sauce! Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantArabellasVIPDined on 5/10/2014Deep blu is $$$$$ but well worth it. Everything was outstanding - valet, food, service, atmosphere. Our fish dishes were incredible and presented nicely. The waitress was extremely attentive and friendly. Plus they are the only restaurant in central FL that knows how to make a MD Crabcake - no fillers. If someone told me I could only eat at one restaurant in Orlando - this would be it.Special Features:
- Great place for a special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/5/2014We were staying at the Wyndham timeshare and wanted something more than fast food. We have nothing but great things to say about the meal, service and ambiance. Make sure you try the crabcake appetizer and the tuna. Pricey, but worth it
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/2/2014Potatoes in ciopinno? Admittedly I'm spoiled spending a good amount of time in San Francisco and have had some of the best seafood but how disappointing. Very salty does not make good flavor. The service was very spotty. If you like good seafood, I would recommend Moonfish instead.
- Great dinnerSaddinerDined on 4/30/2014Having had seafood from Maine to Florida this was without a doubt the finest seafood dinner . Our waiter David was knowledgable , friendly. The staff was outstanding. While the restaurant was very crowded but the noise level was great . You would not be disappointed having dinner here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- REVIEWS DON'T LIEsjoh9323Dined on 4/30/2014MY WIFE AND I SEARCHED BEST SEAFOOD IN ORLANDO , AND THE WYNDHAM POPPED UP AS A GOOD CHOICE. AFTER READING THE POSITIVE REVIEWS , WE DECIDED TO GIVE IT A TRY WE WERE NOT DISAPPOINTED THE SERVER , VINCENT, WAS FRIENDLY AND KNOWLEDGEABLE. THE FISH WAS FRESH AND COOKED PERFECTLY. PRICES ARE SOMEWHAT HIGHER THAN OTHERS BUT WE DEEMED WELL WORTH IT. WE WOULD DEFINITELY GO AGAINSpecial Features:
- Good overall.swmboDined on 4/29/2014Best crab cake appetizer I had in a very long time. Quality of food very good, but preparation just average. Good piece of halibut overcooked and dry. Comfortable setting. Expensive.Special Features:
- Wonderful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/27/2014As previous diners advertised, we requested David as our server and he was fantastic. Service was attentive but not overbearing. He suggested the Alaskan halibut and the three of us opted for it. Wow - outstanding. He made sure the wine was chilled perfectly and the desserts were divine. A wonderful fine dining option in the Orlando area.Special Features:
- Amazing every timeHamsLuv2EatDined on 4/20/2014We eat at Deep Blu about once a year when we visit Orlando. We always request David as our server and each time we are more and more impressed. The food is always amazing, but the service is outstanding. Though it's not necesaarily a "kid" restaurant, David always takes care of our kids who are now 9 & 10. David and Deep Blu make the fine dining experience an incredibly pleasant one for the kids and the adults. My kids look forward to it every year! We will continue to eat at deep Blu every time we are in Orlando.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/14/2014This was a gem of a restaurant in the middle of a busy resort area. Great atmosphere, excellent wait staff and fantastic, fresh seafood. Best crab cake I ever had!Special Features:
- unpleasantIands3Dined on 4/13/2014We were having a night away from the kids. Previosuly trying to celebrate a recent engagment. Service not friendly. Needs better training. Food porTIon not filling for over priced food. Rude service .. picks up check before wine is gone. Not knowlagable per their menu. Manager offered a free drink to remedy our experience kind but will never eat at this place again. Save your money for a better place and the extra drinks did not help. Word of advice . Just go for wine and fireworks by the window.Special Features:
- Great foodAsegarraDined on 4/13/2014Elegant restaurant, great food and very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deep blu worth the trip - leisurely2hilliardfoodiesDined on 4/12/2014Excellent food and wine list. Beautiful presentations. Ambience excellent! Friendly, knowledgable wait staff but overall service was slow. Not sure if due to wait staff or kitchen. It seemed to take a very long time to get our food, especially the entrees and the restaurant was only 20% full at 7:30 on a Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crab Cake is to die for...SeafoodCriticDined on 4/12/2014Outstanding dinner for our last evening in Florida. Both the Crab Cake and the Red Snapper were excellent. I would also recommend trying the Green Hornet Sushi roll for an appetizer. Service was attentive and very professional. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly outstanding food and service.NHDinersDined on 4/11/2014Orlando has a lot of restaurants that specialize in seafood but deep blue is the best. Their approach to service is truly outstanding. We had one main server like most restaurants but it seemed like everyone in the place was pitching in to help whenever necessary. It made for a remarkable night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb service ask for RachelWinoVIPDined on 4/9/2014Was a suggestion from the concierge at the Waldorf and what a great find! From the moment we walked in, we felt like we were the only customers in the room. Rachel, our server was knowledge, warm and friendly. The yellowtail sashimi was fresh and with jalapeño and ponzu and the green hornet roll had a perfect combination of spicey tuna and shrimp tempura. The halibut special was fabulous, prepared over mashed potatoes with a very light broth. The short ribs were equally wonderful, melt in your mouth tender with a blackberry BBQ sause that was amazing and bacon wrapped grilled asparagus. Highly suggest Deep Blu,menu offered variety and everything we tried was excellent. Ask for a table overlooking the pool.Special Features:
- This is a beautiful restaurant!localguyVIPDined on 4/7/2014This is a beautiful restaurant! We had a wonderful evening starting with the crab cake which is out of this world. The salads were delicious as were the sea scallops and snapper fish. We ordered a side of asparagus which was not necessary since there were vegetables on our plates. I enjoyed those for lunch the next day. Our server was very attentive and knowledgable. A great time was had by all.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/7/2014It was so enjoyable that we came back the next evening. The quiet atmosphere is excellent for business discussions. You can actually hear each other while enjoying wonderful ambience, excellent service and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liv2dineLiv2dineDined on 4/7/2014Second time for my wife I at Deep Blu and we will be back when we return to Orlando. Very impressed with our meal and service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all the way around!BCookDined on 4/3/2014After having stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek about 4 times in the last 16 years we finally went to the on-property seafood restaurant in the hotel portion. I could tell by previous reviews and the menu that it was an expensive restaurant but my wife and I wanted to spend some time alone during our Disney/Universal vacation. deep blu did not disappoint. It was 5 star all the way around. The martini/drink menu was excellent (the Mangolicious wasawesome), service was top notch, and the food had surprising flavors in the dishes and tasted as fresh as any seafood we've ever eaten! 5 stars all the way!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh...TeaGalDined on 4/1/2014For a seafood restaurant, the seafood wasn't great - just ordinary. However, the rack of lamb was superb - tender, succulent, cooked to perfection.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Toss this one backLocalYocalDined on 3/31/2014One can have a perfectly nice dinner at Deep Blu, but for a price of $100 per person, which is what our dinner of shared appetizer, an entree each, one side, one dessert and two glasses of wine each came to, I expect a lot more than perfectly nice. The conceit of having the diner chose a fish from column A, a preparation from column B and a sauce from column C is no better an idea here than it is at places where you can "have any pasta with any sauce." If one is going to tout "sustainable" fish, why not include some lesser-known local options that really are? Obviously coached in the mantra of up-sell, our waiter simply recommended the most expensive option in every section of the menu. Overall, a disappointment.