3 Big Shop Lane
Ridgefield, CT 06877Neighborhood:
Contemporary ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.terrasoleridgefield.com/
- Phone: 2034385352x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:30am - 10:30pm;
Sunday: 11:30am - 9pm
Brunch: Every day
Price (Price reflects the average cost of dinner, including one drink and tip) $31 to $50
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Organic, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Pietro Polini
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: caters all events
- Entertainment: Live music.
- Special Events: brunch every day, happy hour, live music, wine tasting, 20% off takeout
A word from TerraSole Ristorante
At Terrasole Ristorante our wine selection is diverse and complex enough to complement any palate, our cuisine is Northern Italian , traditional dishes with chef's contemporary spin. Experience a taste of Italy at Terrasole Ristorante.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
TerraSole Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (42)fit for foodies (42)neighborhood gem (36)notable wine list (22)good for groups (18)special occasion (17)romantic (15)hot spot (14)great for brunch (10)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Another great meal at TerraSoleOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/22/2013Lisa and I had a reason to celebrate and chose to go to TerraSole, one of our favorite spots in Ridgefield that we like to walk to. The lobster gazpacho with a hint of lime was outstanding. Lisa had the pappardelle special and found she could not bring herself to not finish it. I had the NY Strip steak special with gorgonzola and wine reduction, it was perfection. Had a nice relaxing time eating outside on the patio as the sun set followed by gentle walk home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very yummycsd2Dined on 8/21/2013Food was really good, more creative than your usual Italian fare. I had a veggie meatball appetizer that was fantastic. Not something you would expect in your average Italian restaurant. Service was very friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A terrific Italian restauantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2013We found Terra Sole on Open Table and were impressed by the reviews. We booked a table and were highly impressed. Every dish we ordered was impressive. I had the chocolate pasta which was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return VisitJanWVIPDined on 8/10/2013Our return visit to Terra Sole was as enjoyable as the first. We tried different entrees and were pleased with each. The service is good and getting a table outside on the patio makes for a great summer-evening dining experience. As an aside, the fashionable hostesses offer a warm greeting and make a great first impression. And at the end of our meal, the large hot cappuccinos (prepared by a very nice lady) are terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealFoodie918VIPDined on 8/9/2013Loved this restaurant! Service was fantastic. Every part of the meal was delicious. Definitely authentic Italian. Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/6/2013Food and service were excellent. The owner was present and very attentive. A fun atmosphere. Eating outside was very pleasant.Special Features:
- Great find in RidgefieldFineDinerVIPDined on 8/3/2013Our first visit here, before a show at the Ridgefield Playhouse. We ate outside and loved the food and ambiance (live outdoor music). We wish we had skipped the show at the Playhouse and stayed longer at dinner! We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all around...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2013Food great as was the live music on a Saturday night. Lively crowd with courteous waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, nice outdoor dining.chowdaheadDined on 7/27/2013Great food, nice outdoor dining. Waiter was nice but a bit slow. The blues music was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enthusiastic OwnerCarolDined on 7/27/2013The owner is always on site (Saturday nights) and is enthusiastic and aims to keep everyone happySpecial Features:
- Wonderful Authentic Italian DiningJanWVIPDined on 7/27/2013Terra Sole is a great find just off the main road through Ridgefield, CT, especially for one traveling from New England to New York. The food is terrific with sumptuous daily specials in addition to the usual menu. The owner, a native of Puglia, Italy, welcomed us, offered menu explanations and wine recommendations, and kept a watchful eye on us throughout our meal. The Tiramisu is probably the best we’ve ever had and the generous cup of hot cappuccino is prepared beautifully. The service was attentive without being overbearing and the atmosphere, inside and outside on the terrace (with live music) is warm and inviting. We will definitely stop by again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ridgefield's best ItalianFoodieVIPDined on 7/27/2013Owner Pietro ensures the best quality ingredients and inventive pasta and fish dishes. Salads are made with herbs and veggies from nearby farms and the pasta dishes or either homemade, such as ravioli or imported directly from Italy/Puglia. Even if you're just stopping by pre-theater, try the charcuterie--wine or simply a plate of his homemade pasta--never butter or cream--really authentic--I'm a NY foodie--love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2013Came here for my 1st time with my 80 yr ooold parents and family to celebrate my husband's birthday. Great food, warm, friendly service and excellent Martinis along w/ an affordable and delicious wine list. Would definitely come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Liked ItOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/21/2013Separate room for the bar - very nice. Outside seating fairly casual. Indoors was more elegant although open to the outdoors, giving it a fresh and airy feeling. A very nice combination of traditional and contemporary. The menu had some different-than-usual options. We both had a DELICIOUS chopped salad of avocado, fava beans, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, grilled croutons and burrata cheese (no greens). Then we each had the Seafood Platter with branzino, salmon, scallops and shrimp (with baby veggies and potatoes). Very tasty. My only complaint was their red wine selections. I tasted three and didn't like any of them. Stingingly sharp. Perhaps they had been allowed to get warm. MUST make note of the service, which was absolutely perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ridgefield delightsoutherngal1Dined on 7/18/2013Fresh from the farm salad and veggies............beautifully presented. Wonderful fresh salmon.....perfectly grilled. Friendly, caring, service. Accommodating/talented chef. Menu was varied enough to satisfy all tastes. The evening was a delicious delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always go before a showRubesDined on 7/11/2013My wife and I live an hour away from here but we always eat here before concerts at Ridgefield Playhouse. We get there early, relax in the bar and then our friends show up and we get dinner. Food is great, wine list is extensive but the service is exceptional. We will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/6/2013The food was great - wonderful sizes and flavors. The service was outstanding. I definitely recommend trying it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All form no substanceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2013This is a Ridgefield hotspot that does not deserve a return visit. Food was inconsistent at high end prices. Over friendly waiter pushed drinks but was essentially competent. No question that it is a popular spot but it does not deserve its reputation unless our Saturday night was an anomaly.
- Terra SoleAndiVIPDined on 6/7/2013The food was so delicious, we can't wait to go back....and the service was fantastic. The waiter was so warm and friendly and the owner came over and introduced himself. My husband and I are going back again and have already recommended it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodKARADined on 6/7/2013They have a wonderful menu. There were a variety for everyone. The food was fresh and delicious. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another amazing meal at TerraOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/12/2013Another amazing meal at Terra Sole. Pietro and his staff made for a memorable meal. The food was expertly prepared, the service was great and the entire fily had a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is one of my favoriteRicksDined on 5/12/2013This is one of my favorite places to eat. It is fantastic. Mother's Day was so nice that we are going back for Father's day. If you like Italian food you will love this place. Everything is fresh and the food is amazing. The staff is very attentive. It feels and tastes like Italy all conveniently located in Ridgefield CT. I believe this is a must go to restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian For Miles and MilesVdubs1VIPDined on 5/6/2013My favorite Italian restaurant in CT. Pietro the owner is a gem. He cares about the food, the service, but especially his customer. Great specials along witha delicious menu. If you haven't gone you must go. You will not be disappointed, you will want to come back for more.Special Features:
- Best Italian Food in CTFoodieVIPDined on 5/6/2013Pietro's ingredients and inventive menu's are by far the best I've ever had in CT. He's ingredients are not common and the pasta's are either homemade or imported. He tries many variations, this is not going to be a penne alla vodka type of place--you will have calabrese fusilli with sliced zucchini in a chili/truffle light cognac sauce--no cream ever in any of his dishes, even the Spaghetti alla carbonara is creamless...the wines are top notch and if you can't choose, drink one of our Pietro's picks--always spectacular. The service, the attention, is like being a guest in someone's home. I always feel at home there--even if it's just having some wine and cheese. It's a must try. I'm confident you will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- second visit and still impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2013A group of us went for a friends birthday and everyone was thrilled with their food. The wait staff was very attentive. This was our second time their and a first for everyone else in our group. They all said they would return again.Special Features:
- great and nicely pricedKiscoQVIPDined on 4/24/2013Creative chef, perfect portion sizes, friendly and efficient service, all at reasonable price. Great dinner for before Ridgefield Playhouse event or any other time. Will be back!Special Features:
- Service outstanding. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/23/2013Service outstanding. Food excellent. Truly enjoyed ourselvesSpecial Features:
- This was my first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2013This was my first time at the restaurant. The food was great and I will definitely return. What a find !!!!Special Features:
- Inventive food - very fun.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/13/2013Inventive food - very fun. I thought about the food for three days afterward. Service was outstanding. Looking forward to coming back soon. Lastly, it's great to go to an italian restaurant and speak Italian to the owner.Special Features:
- Went for my 10 year anniversary.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/13/2013Went for my 10 year anniversary. wife and i loved it. Great experience! Great food, great menu, awesome service.Special Features:
- You won't be disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/8/2013What a wonderful first time experience. Everything from start to finish was outstanding. I will be heading back again soon with friends so they can experience the great food, wine and service as well.Special Features:
- Pietro, the owner has a veryFoodieVIPDined on 4/6/2013Pietro, the owner has a very inventive, authentic menu with some of the best ingredients around--This is not your Baked Ziti kind of Italian Restaurantt, imagine what it's like to eat in Puglia or Rome and the amazing ingredients. All of the servers are knowledgeable on the ingredients and how dishes are prepared. The Charcuterie and cheeses are very well selected and presented. You feel like a guest in Pietro's home. My favorite time of year to eat there is when the garden is open and the weather is warmer--If you a pinot grigio drinker, try one of Pietro's picks--I guarantee you will have a wonderful dining experience. Best Italian food in Fairfield County, CTSpecial Features:
- TerraSole is the only placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/24/2013TerraSole is the only place I've been outside of Italy where I could taste the freshness of the pasta. Their pasta always tastes like they were made that day. Couple that with their fresh ingredients (their spicy sausage really had a kick),friendly staff, and it's a reliable winner.Special Features:
- Always, and I mean always,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/24/2013Always, and I mean always, great taste in what they present! If you seek great Italian cuisine, this is the place.Special Features:
- This was our second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/16/2013This was our second visit and all i can say is we can t wait for our third! Food was authentic with a creative twist. Delicious. We took our daughter who came up from the city for the weekend and she couldn t stop raving about her salmon. We may actually see her more often now! Thank you for a memorable dinner! P.s. the host was very attentive to our every need.Special Features:
- On a busy Saturday night,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/2/2013On a busy Saturday night, TerraSole managed to have our table ready when we arrived, have servers who were a bit slow to arrive but understandably so given the crowd, but most importantly have food that was beautifully presented and very good. The menu was creative and wide-ranging. The bill was a bit on the high side, but not surprising for Ridgefield. The portions were right on - not too much; not too little. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- Fantastic- great wine list,RubesDined on 2/28/2013Fantastic- great wine list, awesome food and great folks!! Only restaurant in Ridgefield that we go to!!! Love it!!Special Features:
- Food was okay, not great.LDuganVIPDined on 2/23/2013Food was okay, not great. Cheese selection was fantastic as a starter. Skip the Caesar salad just a split romaine with dressing on top. They only had one left and so we tried it, not very interesting in prep. You could do so much more with this restaurant.Special Features:
- Went back to Terra Sole afterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013Went back to Terra Sole after a long break. Food was terrific as was the serviceSpecial Features:
- I had heard that a long timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2013I had heard that a long time friend began working there as a chef and decided to try it out. We brought a group from the office for a luncheon celebration and it was a perfect spot. The food was excellent, everyone enjoyed their meal, and the service was also great, they were very attentive. We would definitely return in the future and I have already recommended it to friends and family.Special Features: