3 Big Shop Lane
Ridgefield, CT 06877Neighborhood:
Contemporary ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.terrasoleridgefield.com/
- Phone: 2034385352x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:30am - 10:30pm;
Sunday: 11:30am - 9pm
Brunch: Every day
Price (Price reflects the average cost of dinner, including one drink and tip) $31 to $50
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Organic, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Pietro Polini
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: caters all events
- Private Party Contact: Pietro Polini 2039181756x
- Entertainment: Live music.
- Special Events: brunch every day, happy hour, live music, wine tasting, 20% off takeout
A word from TerraSole Ristorante
At Terrasole Ristorante our wine selection is diverse and complex enough to complement any palate, our cuisine is Northern Italian , traditional dishes with chef's contemporary spin. Experience a taste of Italy at Terrasole Ristorante.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
TerraSole Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Ridgefield ›
TerraSole Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (41)fit for foodies (38)neighborhood gem (34)notable wine list (24)special occasion (18)romantic (17)good for groups (16)great for brunch (12)hot spot (12)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (5)scenic view (4)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Enthusiastic OwnerCarolDined on 7/27/2013The owner is always on site (Saturday nights) and is enthusiastic and aims to keep everyone happySpecial Features:
- Wonderful Authentic Italian DiningJanWVIPDined on 7/27/2013Terra Sole is a great find just off the main road through Ridgefield, CT, especially for one traveling from New England to New York. The food is terrific with sumptuous daily specials in addition to the usual menu. The owner, a native of Puglia, Italy, welcomed us, offered menu explanations and wine recommendations, and kept a watchful eye on us throughout our meal. The Tiramisu is probably the best we’ve ever had and the generous cup of hot cappuccino is prepared beautifully. The service was attentive without being overbearing and the atmosphere, inside and outside on the terrace (with live music) is warm and inviting. We will definitely stop by again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ridgefield's best ItalianFoodieVIPDined on 7/27/2013Owner Pietro ensures the best quality ingredients and inventive pasta and fish dishes. Salads are made with herbs and veggies from nearby farms and the pasta dishes or either homemade, such as ravioli or imported directly from Italy/Puglia. Even if you're just stopping by pre-theater, try the charcuterie--wine or simply a plate of his homemade pasta--never butter or cream--really authentic--I'm a NY foodie--love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2013Came here for my 1st time with my 80 yr ooold parents and family to celebrate my husband's birthday. Great food, warm, friendly service and excellent Martinis along w/ an affordable and delicious wine list. Would definitely come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Liked ItOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/21/2013Separate room for the bar - very nice. Outside seating fairly casual. Indoors was more elegant although open to the outdoors, giving it a fresh and airy feeling. A very nice combination of traditional and contemporary. The menu had some different-than-usual options. We both had a DELICIOUS chopped salad of avocado, fava beans, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, grilled croutons and burrata cheese (no greens). Then we each had the Seafood Platter with branzino, salmon, scallops and shrimp (with baby veggies and potatoes). Very tasty. My only complaint was their red wine selections. I tasted three and didn't like any of them. Stingingly sharp. Perhaps they had been allowed to get warm. MUST make note of the service, which was absolutely perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ridgefield delightsoutherngal1Dined on 7/18/2013Fresh from the farm salad and veggies............beautifully presented. Wonderful fresh salmon.....perfectly grilled. Friendly, caring, service. Accommodating/talented chef. Menu was varied enough to satisfy all tastes. The evening was a delicious delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always go before a showRubesDined on 7/11/2013My wife and I live an hour away from here but we always eat here before concerts at Ridgefield Playhouse. We get there early, relax in the bar and then our friends show up and we get dinner. Food is great, wine list is extensive but the service is exceptional. We will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/6/2013The food was great - wonderful sizes and flavors. The service was outstanding. I definitely recommend trying it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All form no substanceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2013This is a Ridgefield hotspot that does not deserve a return visit. Food was inconsistent at high end prices. Over friendly waiter pushed drinks but was essentially competent. No question that it is a popular spot but it does not deserve its reputation unless our Saturday night was an anomaly.
- Terra SoleAndiVIPDined on 6/7/2013The food was so delicious, we can't wait to go back....and the service was fantastic. The waiter was so warm and friendly and the owner came over and introduced himself. My husband and I are going back again and have already recommended it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodKARADined on 6/7/2013They have a wonderful menu. There were a variety for everyone. The food was fresh and delicious. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another amazing meal at TerraOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/12/2013Another amazing meal at Terra Sole. Pietro and his staff made for a memorable meal. The food was expertly prepared, the service was great and the entire fily had a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is one of my favoriteRicksDined on 5/12/2013This is one of my favorite places to eat. It is fantastic. Mother's Day was so nice that we are going back for Father's day. If you like Italian food you will love this place. Everything is fresh and the food is amazing. The staff is very attentive. It feels and tastes like Italy all conveniently located in Ridgefield CT. I believe this is a must go to restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian For Miles and MilesVdubs1VIPDined on 5/6/2013My favorite Italian restaurant in CT. Pietro the owner is a gem. He cares about the food, the service, but especially his customer. Great specials along witha delicious menu. If you haven't gone you must go. You will not be disappointed, you will want to come back for more.Special Features:
- Best Italian Food in CTFoodieVIPDined on 5/6/2013Pietro's ingredients and inventive menu's are by far the best I've ever had in CT. He's ingredients are not common and the pasta's are either homemade or imported. He tries many variations, this is not going to be a penne alla vodka type of place--you will have calabrese fusilli with sliced zucchini in a chili/truffle light cognac sauce--no cream ever in any of his dishes, even the Spaghetti alla carbonara is creamless...the wines are top notch and if you can't choose, drink one of our Pietro's picks--always spectacular. The service, the attention, is like being a guest in someone's home. I always feel at home there--even if it's just having some wine and cheese. It's a must try. I'm confident you will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- second visit and still impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2013A group of us went for a friends birthday and everyone was thrilled with their food. The wait staff was very attentive. This was our second time their and a first for everyone else in our group. They all said they would return again.Special Features:
- great and nicely pricedKiscoQVIPDined on 4/24/2013Creative chef, perfect portion sizes, friendly and efficient service, all at reasonable price. Great dinner for before Ridgefield Playhouse event or any other time. Will be back!Special Features:
- Service outstanding. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/23/2013Service outstanding. Food excellent. Truly enjoyed ourselvesSpecial Features:
- This was my first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2013This was my first time at the restaurant. The food was great and I will definitely return. What a find !!!!Special Features:
- Inventive food - very fun.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/13/2013Inventive food - very fun. I thought about the food for three days afterward. Service was outstanding. Looking forward to coming back soon. Lastly, it's great to go to an italian restaurant and speak Italian to the owner.Special Features:
- Went for my 10 year anniversary.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/13/2013Went for my 10 year anniversary. wife and i loved it. Great experience! Great food, great menu, awesome service.Special Features:
- You won't be disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/8/2013What a wonderful first time experience. Everything from start to finish was outstanding. I will be heading back again soon with friends so they can experience the great food, wine and service as well.Special Features:
- Pietro, the owner has a veryFoodieVIPDined on 4/6/2013Pietro, the owner has a very inventive, authentic menu with some of the best ingredients around--This is not your Baked Ziti kind of Italian Restaurantt, imagine what it's like to eat in Puglia or Rome and the amazing ingredients. All of the servers are knowledgeable on the ingredients and how dishes are prepared. The Charcuterie and cheeses are very well selected and presented. You feel like a guest in Pietro's home. My favorite time of year to eat there is when the garden is open and the weather is warmer--If you a pinot grigio drinker, try one of Pietro's picks--I guarantee you will have a wonderful dining experience. Best Italian food in Fairfield County, CTSpecial Features:
- TerraSole is the only placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/24/2013TerraSole is the only place I've been outside of Italy where I could taste the freshness of the pasta. Their pasta always tastes like they were made that day. Couple that with their fresh ingredients (their spicy sausage really had a kick),friendly staff, and it's a reliable winner.Special Features:
- Always, and I mean always,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/24/2013Always, and I mean always, great taste in what they present! If you seek great Italian cuisine, this is the place.Special Features:
- This was our second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/16/2013This was our second visit and all i can say is we can t wait for our third! Food was authentic with a creative twist. Delicious. We took our daughter who came up from the city for the weekend and she couldn t stop raving about her salmon. We may actually see her more often now! Thank you for a memorable dinner! P.s. the host was very attentive to our every need.Special Features:
- On a busy Saturday night,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/2/2013On a busy Saturday night, TerraSole managed to have our table ready when we arrived, have servers who were a bit slow to arrive but understandably so given the crowd, but most importantly have food that was beautifully presented and very good. The menu was creative and wide-ranging. The bill was a bit on the high side, but not surprising for Ridgefield. The portions were right on - not too much; not too little. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- Fantastic- great wine list,RubesDined on 2/28/2013Fantastic- great wine list, awesome food and great folks!! Only restaurant in Ridgefield that we go to!!! Love it!!Special Features:
- Food was okay, not great.LDuganVIPDined on 2/23/2013Food was okay, not great. Cheese selection was fantastic as a starter. Skip the Caesar salad just a split romaine with dressing on top. They only had one left and so we tried it, not very interesting in prep. You could do so much more with this restaurant.Special Features:
- Went back to Terra Sole afterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013Went back to Terra Sole after a long break. Food was terrific as was the serviceSpecial Features:
- I had heard that a long timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2013I had heard that a long time friend began working there as a chef and decided to try it out. We brought a group from the office for a luncheon celebration and it was a perfect spot. The food was excellent, everyone enjoyed their meal, and the service was also great, they were very attentive. We would definitely return in the future and I have already recommended it to friends and family.Special Features:
- Just go already!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/18/2013My husband's comment says it all..."Wow, thats the best meal I've ever had in Westchester...that tasted like a meal that you're more likely to get in the city!" The restaurant itself, is somewhat eclectic... the light fixtures as well as some artwork are made from recycled material, while the tables are covered in white linens with candle votives. This combination makes for a tastefully decorated, easy feeling vibe upon entering. Well worth a visit!Special Features:
- We have eaten here many times.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/9/2013We have eaten here many times. The food is always delicious and well-presented and we like some of the wait-staff very much. There is occasional music, and in the summer they open up the patio. Our only negative - and it did not apply to our last visit, as there were only a few patrons that night- when the place is more than half-full, the noise level increases exponentially and the dining experience suffers. But, it's our favorite restaurant in Ridgefield, ans we keep on coming back!Special Features:
- The food was very good. However,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/5/2013The food was very good. However, the pasta portions are very small - not adequate for a main dinner so that was disappointing. The linguini with cockles had very few clams and although the flavor was great the portion was small. The same was true of other pasta dishes that were ordered.
- We went for an early dinnerfredVIPDined on 12/31/2012We went for an early dinner on New Years Eve. The owner, Pietro, was visting each of the diners to see how they were enjoying their dining experience. The food and the atmosphere were all excellent! We will be back.Special Features:
- The food was great, but theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/8/2012The food was great, but the portions small. My husband thought it was a French Restaurant because of the size of the portions. I would go back, my my husband says he wouldn't. Great wine list. Special Occasion, plan on spending $150.00 a couple.Special Features:
- Excellent Food, AttentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/7/2012Excellent Food, Attentive Staff Its a gem of a restaurant
- The BEST place around Ridgefield!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2012I've been to all the places in the Ridgefield area, and Tera Sole is the place I keep coming back to... The food is always very well prepared. Delicious. Interesting. A great mix of modern and traditional elements. Freshest ingredients possible. Great variety in the menu, wine list, and in the cheese courses. Had the osso bucco last night on a goat cheese polenta. Best I have ever had, and I eat out over 100 nights a year on business travel, all over the US and Europe. Great place to spend some time. Meet the owner. Talk food and wine. Enjoy the great staff. Try some new things or find some soon to be favorites. Prices are great for the outstanding food quality.Special Features:
- Too EnergeticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/20/2012The cuisine continues to be excellent, and it is still a restaurant I consider special. However, if a Saturday night out with someone special for a romantic and intimate dinner is on your agenda, you should think twice about TerraSole. The noise level was beyond the "energetic," the euphemism so widely used to describe noisy restaurants. It was impossible to speak to my dinner companion across the table; the server had difficulty hearing me. The wait staff was rushing about frenetically. I got the feeling that they were frazzled by the noise. On the positive side, the dinner was excellent, and the wait between order and food service was also very good. I will visit again, but not on Saturday. I guess I'm not the energetic type.
- Great but NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012We went to TerraSole in the summer and sat on the patio. Wonderful food, wonderful service and despite a view on the parking lot, it was Ridgefield parking lot ;). Went back in October and had to sit indoors in the noisiest restaurant I've ever been in. I could not even hear the person across the table. The owner told us he was lowering the ceiling and putting in acoustic tiles in November so that may have happened.Special Features: