Aria Pizzeria & Bar
1300 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
Aria Pizzeria & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ariapizzeria.com/
- Phone: 2023121250x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30AM - 9:00PM
Friday: 11:30AM - 10:00PM
Saturday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View
- Catering: Main Dining Room – 110 seated/200 standing
Piazza Room -- 35 seated/50 standing
- Special Events: Please contact Dennis Burns (202) 391-8080 or email@example.com for all groups of 15 or more guests.
A word from Aria Pizzeria & Bar
Join us at Aria Pizzeria & Bar, where we’re dishing-up all your favorites: handmade pizzas, panini, salads, wraps and baked pasta dishes. These crowd pleasers may be small on attitude, but they’re definitely big on flavor.Continued
Complete with hi-def TVs, daily drink specials, live entertainment, and a laid-back atmosphere, Aria is a little slice of happiness in the heart of DC.
Complete with hi-def TVs, daily drink specials, live entertainment, and a laid-back atmosphere, Aria is a little slice of happiness in the heart of DC.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Aria Pizzeria & Bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Aria Pizzeria & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (19)great for outdoor dining (18)good for groups (7)neighborhood gem (7)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (4)scenic view (3)fit for foodies (3)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- some of the furniture is aOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/1/2008some of the furniture is a bit rickety and could be repaired/replaced. sometimes the service is slow or inattentive. about 50/50. Prices are a bit high.Special Features:
- The waiter, whose name wasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/25/2008The waiter, whose name was mohammed, was very rude and curt with us. We left as quickly as we could in order to get away from him.Special Features:
- Wasn't the best for foodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/25/2008Wasn't the best for foodies (which we are)...we viewed it as mediocre. The service was slow, the food was not seasonsed well...and, it was more a tourist spot than we expected.
- Perfect if you're going toNiNiDined on 4/25/2008Perfect if you're going to the Capitol Steps productions at the Ronald Reagan Bldg.Special Features:
- The service was very distractedOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 4/24/2008The service was very distracted and slow. I think there were not enough wait staff on duty to handle the customer volume. The food was good.Special Features:
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/23/2008The food and service were terrible--waiter started out ok but quickly faded and disappeared. Soup was ordered--sandwiches brought--no soup--when we finally found our waiter to complain--he never even apoligizied-we told him to cancel-then they brought the soup-then we told him to take off the bill-bill came with soup on it-they gave us a terrible table when there were many available--table for 5 when there were 3 of us. We had to move extra chairs away ourselves--the sandwiches were cold--had spinach instead of the argula listed on the menu-there is so much competition nearby I cannot imagine why anyone would go to Aria.
- I suggest that Aria updateOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/19/2008I suggest that Aria update their menu online because when researching the restaurant, I viewed their online menu and picked a couple of things that I like best. But when dining at the restaurant, they didn't have those couple of items on the menu. It was a real dissappointment and I probably will not visit there again. The food was good, however not memorable.Special Features:
- Front of house is horrible.dkbkDined on 4/19/2008Front of house is horrible. Front desk staff dressed poorly and discussing inappropriate subjects. Wait staff must be in some sort of re-training program. they were polite and responded to requests but did not seem familiar with the basics. Such as water refills, clearing used plates, etc. A woman with her daughter who was seated before me received table bread after I received my appetizer and she had to ask for it. I saw several instances where the waiters were not sure what table to bring food to. The staff seemed very nice, just inept. This would be ok at a lower price.
- food was better last visitOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/17/2008food was better last visit (three weeks prior). One guest and I ordered salmon because the description for the sauce was spicy -- it was not spicy. nor did I see or taste the pesto that was describred on the menu.Special Features:
- We went for a weekday lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/16/2008We went for a weekday lunch when time is generally at a premium. I even got a slightly earlier reservation to avoid the rush. We were left standing with a long line of diners at the maitre d station nearly fifteen minutes while the woman was on the phone and the man was rushing around with no apparent purpose. When we pointed this out to the manager we it was dismissed as irrelevant. We waited 25 minutes for a soup and sandwich. Between the delay in seating and food service we had to bolt down our lunch in order for my companion to make her meeting. The food was fine, the service was abysmal.Special Features:
- Very nice ambiance. UnusuallyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/15/2008Very nice ambiance. Unusually excellent service. Had probably the friendliest waiter I've ever had in DC.Special Features:
- Well at least this time theysmallplatesgirlDined on 4/12/2008Well at least this time they didn't lose my reservation. Last time I booked Aria through Open Table, the restaurant had no record of the reservation when I walked in. Which means I didn't get my Open Table points for that night! I did speak with the manager, who has never called me back.Special Features:
- Aria has an ideal location,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/11/2008Aria has an ideal location, but is not living up to all it could be. The service was poor enough to make a return visit questionable.Special Features:
- The food was ok. The porkOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/8/2008The food was ok. The pork chop was very overcooked. Nothing special. The location is great. For the location, this place should be packed, but it isn't. The server forgot our salads, but then we found out later that they do not have dinner side salads. Very confusing.Special Features:
- A fine dining establishmentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/7/2008A fine dining establishment should not under any circumstances take an 8:30PM reservation if they close at 9PM. I'm never going to Aria Trattoria again.
- Aria Trattoria is great.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/7/2008Aria Trattoria is great. The two times I have been there I receieved excellent service and great food. It is a great choice in an area where all the other restaurants are always very full and loud. I'm not sure why it isn't at Aria Trattoria because I haven't found anything that would even remotely explain the lack of a crowd.Special Features:
- went here because of the locationOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/4/2008went here because of the location and we had a large party. food was mediocre at best. poor to mediocre. waiter was very nice and mostly accomodating - yet he was a bit confused and kept coming back to the table to tell us they were out of stuff. it was moderately priced yet the wine was also, just okay. the pizzas were not availalbe when we were there. atmosphere was a little "mall" like. meaning brighter lights than i expected - loud, lots of kids and set up oddly. the menu sounded much better than wheat we got.Special Features:
- Food was not very good. WeDrTobogganDined on 4/4/2008Food was not very good. We ordered a bottle of wine and the waiter brought our a bottle that had already been open - that was kind of sketchy.Special Features:
- Pasta Pomadoro was very good!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/4/2008Pasta Pomadoro was very good! Service was also very good! Not super kid-friendly, but not kid-unfriendly either, just because of the business type crowd for lunch. They were very accomodating with our child. A nice touch off point for sightseeing. Convenient to the metro.Special Features:
- The wait staff was very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/3/2008The wait staff was very friendly and made great recommendations. The food was delicious, beautiful and filling. The only drawback was the party in the bar area, they were VERY loud. I was disappointed no one from the restaurant asked them to keep it down. Other than that I and my friend had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- Service was slow, slow, slow.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/3/2008Service was slow, slow, slow. Foood was nicely presented but only fair tasting. Appetisers were more flavorful than the entrees. Dessert was great, but would have been so much better if I had a good cup of coffee with it. Coffee was not drinkable.Special Features:
- I have dined at this restaurantKyleeVIPDined on 4/1/2008I have dined at this restaurant twice (lunchtime). I enjoy the lunch menu because it has soups, salads, sandwiches, pizza, pasta, and dinner-like entrees so it pleases many different tastes. The food is fresh. The service is outstanding! I love sitting in the open-area where there is a wall of windows. This is one of the few restaurants on Open Table that actually considers my reservation requests and tries to fulfill them. Unfortunately, some restaurants continually ignore my reservation requests and actually give me the EXACT dining table that I request not to be given. Needless to say, I no longer go to those establishments.Special Features:
- The location is wonderfuldoonalucVIPDined on 3/29/2008The location is wonderful for Reagan Bldg events and the food was very nice. I like the glass enclosed room that makes you feel like you our outside - but warmer. I would go back...but probably only if I was going to an event near there. They didn't seem real savvy on cocktails - or at least the waiter didn't.Special Features:
- We got there before our reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/29/2008We got there before our reservation and in fact they were just opening for the evening. Since there was a line we thought maybe we would get priority since we had a reservation > no. And seems like the staff was taken aback ... not quite organized although very friendly. The food was okay. It was a great location. On this early evening we would have preferred indoor seating however we were seated in the enclosed /outdoor area.Special Features:
- Food was good. Service wasjacquiVIPDined on 3/27/2008Food was good. Service was only fair. They tried to take away the salad when we were only halfway through. Then, they brought the main course as we were still eating salad so the small table was over crowded with plates. They tried to take the bread away when they brought the main course. We had to keep telling them that we were not done with our food and they could not take our plates away. The restaurant was not crowded AT ALL, so there was no good reason to rush us! The service really made it difficult to enjoy the meal and I probably would not go back.
- Given that I am a frequentOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/27/2008Given that I am a frequent patron of Aria and have patronized Palomino, and Jordans, I have a few comments: 1. With the exception of the risotto, which was remarkably w/o flavor (garlic, cheese, sherry wld have helped considerably) the food is generally quite good. 2. The happy hour bar food menu needs attention. Fun finger food is desperately needed. 3. Great outdoor venue in temperate weather. 4. Delighted to see that management lightened up on happy hour seating on the patio, b/c seating in the bar area is woefully anemic.Special Features:
- I went there for the ButternutOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/25/2008I went there for the Butternut Squash pasta - which for some reason isn't on the lunch menu anymore. And the pizza I got was not that great. But the service was really great.Special Features:
- It is a good place to dineRenMeiliVIPDined on 3/22/2008It is a good place to dine before going to a performance by the Capitol Steps.Special Features:
- We ordered two entrees andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2008We ordered two entrees and two pizzas. Three of those arrived at the same time; one pizza came several minutes later. The diner who ordered it felt the pizza was undercooked. We had tickets for a performance to get to, and because there was plenty of food, we did not send the pizza back. We should have, but circumstances being what they were, we chose not to. The service was very good and our server was very attentive.Special Features:
- OK. But certainly neitherOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/21/2008OK. But certainly neither notable nor memorable. Just OK.
- My biggest complaint withOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/19/2008My biggest complaint with Aria's has always been the service. I work nearby and have had lunch at Aria's on numerous occasions, and while it's convenient for my coworkers and I, and the food is decent and reasonably priced, the service is amongst the worst I've ever experienced. Waiters tend to disappear for long stretches of time, making it hard to order another drink, ask for your check, or order dessert. Most of the time the check is delivered without even asking if we care for dessert. Yet when I look around the restaurant, I see plenty of waiters loitering around doing nothing!! I hope Aria's management takes notice and improves the situation.Special Features:
- Very convenient, just aboveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/18/2008Very convenient, just above the Federal Triangle metro stop. The welcome and service were good, the food decent but not particularly memorable. The price was not exhorbitant, but was a bit on the high side for what we got. Go here if you crave Italian food and don't want to stray far from the metro (in case of rain, for example).
- The menu includes severalOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/17/2008The menu includes several vegetarian options - not an easy find in DC.Special Features:
- Aria has a good location andOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/17/2008Aria has a good location and nice decor. However, the menu could use some improvement. I am glad to have the opportunity to express my "complaint" about the cheese they throw on everything. On my past two visits, I ordered the chicken salad and the pasta with tomatoes - these entrees came smothered with sprinkled on cheese - this may satisfy most cheese lovers - but if it does not say cheese on the menu, THEY SHOULD NOT THROW IT ON THE FOOD without advising the customer. I had to send these entree back because I cannot eat cheese. thank you ver much
- I didn't know what to expectOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 3/17/2008I didn't know what to expect but so enjoyed my lunch at Aria Trattoria on 3/17. My papardelle bolognese was scrumptious and the service was just great. I was dining with my 3-month-old in tow, and the staff was very accomodating, giving us a table where my son could be comfortably accessible to me yet out of the way of the servers. I also absolutely loved dining on the "patio" near the open windows. My only slight disappointment was the tiramisu, which I thought tasted like it had been frozen and then thawed. However, I will definitely be back! Thanks for such an enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- Service was unsatisfactory,JimmyDined on 3/15/2008Service was unsatisfactory, brought food that belonged to another table; some food cold; some meat fatty and dry; items on wine list not available; table unstable, bumping caused glasses to overturn; overall not up to quality that resturant wants to offer.
- They place was quiet whichOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/6/2008They place was quiet which could of been relaxing if I didn't have such an awesome view of the men's bathroom. After 10 minutes of waiting for a server to come to our table we understood why the place was quiet. When we got our food, our suspicions we conformed on why this resturant was dead.
- Great location if you areCarol5VIPDined on 12/8/2007Great location if you are taking in a show at the Reagan Building (e.g., The Capitol Steps). Place looks very nice, but for the prices and location the food and service really should be a notch better.
- Avoid Aria unless you're lookingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/16/2007Avoid Aria unless you're looking to people watch on the Wilson Plaza patio during a nice day. Food is hit or miss and service can be painfully slow.
- In a quiet location, goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/6/2007In a quiet location, good spot for lunch with one or a group! Kid friendly and family friendly. The only negative remark is that the portions were so tiny, I ordered raviolis for $40 and there were only 5 on my plate and they weren't even lobster or anything like that! Just wild mushroom and cheese!! Good to try everything once.Special Features: