The Curious Grape
2900 South Quincy Street
Arlington, VA 22206Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Curious Grape
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://curiousgrape.com/
- Phone: 7036718700x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
Lunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Saturday & Sunday
Brunch: 10:30am – 2:00pm
Dinner: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Delian DiPietro
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: If you'd like the entertainment to come to you, the Curious Grape offers private wine events right in your home or office.
- Private Party Facilities: Our Private Wine Room is perfect for business meetings, fundraisers, wedding receptions, special occasions or any wine oriented event. The room can accommodate up to 40 guests for a seated event or up to 55 for a cocktail reception (limited audio and video is available).
Contact our Events Manager to learn about more about our in-house offerings and minimums for certain days/times.
- Private Party Contact: Amanda Young (email@example.com) 703-671-8700x
- Special Events: On select Tuesdays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays from 6-8pm the Curious Grape holds wine tasting events in our Wine Room. For more information please check our website for an up-to-date calendar of events.
- Public Transit: The Curious Grape is located directly opposite the Shirlington bus terminal on South Quincy Street in Arlington, Virginia.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Metered street parking is available on Quincy Street and in the public lot opposite the restaurant next to the bus terminal. Meters need not be fed after 6 pm and on Sunday. Additional parking is available in the garage immediately behind the restaurant (entrance on Randolph Street). "Reserved" signs in the garage only apply weekdays until 6 pm. Restaurant patrons may park in any garage spots after 6 pm weekdays and anytime on weekends.
A word from The Curious Grape
The destination spot in Shirlington for those with a passion for food and wine, the Curious Grape offers a contemporary seasonal menu of American fare with locally sourced ingredients. Enjoy either full or half portions of selected menu items as well as over 400 wines and 100 craft beers from our store.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
The Curious Grape - Best Restaurants in Arlington ›
The Curious Grape reviews from OpenTable diners
155 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (115)fit for foodies (114)neighborhood gem (104)special occasion (52)romantic (33)good for groups (32)great for brunch (31)great for outdoor dining (24)great for lunch (22)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great dinner out!0OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/6/2014This was a wonderful experience. Great menu selection with many gluten free options. The food was delicious and creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Wine Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/2/2014From the moment you enter, the service is excellent. Attentive staff, fine food choices and delightful selection of wines. Was very busy, but noise level was fine and staff was constantly moving, but efficient and responsive. This is a hit.Special Features:
- PlaygroupBdayDined on 4/30/2014Great meal and wine for our group event! Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceJulieDined on 4/30/2014Wonderful wait staff, good wine and delicious foodSpecial Features:
- Birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2014We had a marvelous dinner experience here and with a three year old that can be difficult. The waiter was terrific and the food great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, but needs bit of workOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/27/2014Great brunch place. My poached eggs were supper runny, even the white part, so I had to skip that. French toast was fabulous.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better late than never!BigbobDined on 4/26/2014A fabulous meal! Wish we had dined there earlier, but we will return, and soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceyayfoodDined on 4/24/2014We ordered the fried brussels sprouts appetizer and it was the best thing I have ever eaten. Entrees were chicken roulade (so good) and pork ragu which was incredible. They offer half glass selections, which is awesome if you want to sample a lot of new things. We, however, wanted a bottle. We asked our waitress for a wine recommendation and she consulted the sommelier who picked out a perfect cab. Dessert was really tasty. We ordered something being described jokingly by the staff as "the elvis" which was basically a peanut butter ice cream sandwich with bananas and bacon. Service was great and not intrusive, food was delicious.Special Features:
- Gone downhillOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/23/2014My Mom and I really loved this place in their old location and the first two times we went in the "new" location. But we have been back three times in the past year and are disappointed. The first couple of times the food melted in our mouths, we loved the specials and enjoyed pairing wine to each part of the meal, it was a full flavor experience. However we agreed that this was probably our last time at this resturant. The food was mediocre, the staff is/was great but for more than $150 for the two of us we expect to be a lot happier with the food.Special Features:
- Always great!tingoldVIPDined on 4/17/2014Service, presentation, food, wine - we have never been disappointed at The Curious Grape.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive wine and foodellieDined on 4/16/2014I would not go again. I could not believe the food and wine prices. I would not call it fine dining. I got the beef and it was full of fat for $30 I was disappointedSpecial Features:
- Sunday slowdownOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 4/13/2014Once our food finally arrived, it was as good as always, but we had been seated for 40 minutes before we even got bread; appetizers took 50 minutes, and the main courses came out an hour and 15 minutes after we were seated. Since the restaurant was only half full, I attribute this to the owners/chef not being there to keep things on track. The cream of fennel soup was good but needed salt; the fiddlehead salad was a bit odd but not bad. The fried Brussels sprouts were excellent, although the "beets" with them turned out to be just a smear of sauce underneath. Pork ragu was very good, as were the kampachi and chicken roulade. Desserts are small but delicious, especially the orange tiramisu and the chocolate cake.Special Features:
- Amazed!thedinersVIPDined on 4/13/2014Even though we had a difficult time finding the location, we were not disappointed with the experience. The setup of the wine store and a restaurant together was unique and pleasant. The food was very good and the service was good. The waiter was knowledgeable and courteous. We plan to come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a gemOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/12/2014Have dined at Curious Grape several times, always looked forward to it (after the first time) and never been disappointed. Everything about the restaurant is appealing, the ambience, the layout, the very attentive service, and the food. The menu is so well thought-out, several of the entrees come in half-portions, the offerings change regularly, and I have never ordered anything I was disappointed in. It's location in Shirlington makes it great for seeing a movie, too, or just making it a destination that doesn't require going into DC...but I think having a dining experience as good as many restaurants there. Well worth trying!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4 for dinner4tooexploreDined on 4/12/2014We came on no recommendations and were pleasantly surprised by the good service and excellent food and wine selections. The staff was very attentive and we will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration LunchsharDined on 4/10/2014This is a great place to go for a friend's birthday lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had the luck of havingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/9/2014We had the luck of having the restaurant's sommelier as our waiter. Besides being an excellent server, provided outstanding wine choices for our appetizers and main meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantDJHorkVIPDined on 4/6/2014Nice restaurant with good food, but the waiter and service were a bit off/slow.Special Features:
- new found favoritewine2food4meDined on 4/5/2014This is our 3rd visit, and it will now be my "go-to" restaurant! Love the wine choices and the 1/2 portion menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night at the grapeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/4/2014Went in a double date here. Loved the food and the waitstaff was very attentive. Great wine as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great MealCoyoteDined on 4/4/2014Delicious and creative menu choices. Relaxing and pleasant atmosphere. Love that half portions are offered for so many dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The fried brussel sproutsJayceeDined on 3/29/2014The fried brussel sprouts definitely stood out. The pairing with pistachio and beet puree is genius. They're so addictive that we had to order two plates. My duck entree was also cooked nicely, though the farro was slightly on the bland side. A sprinkle of Parmesan cheese may help. I thought the maple pot de creme was too sweet for my liking. Overall, a great meal!Special Features:
- The food was great. But theSeanVIPDined on 3/29/2014The food was great. But the waiter forgot to bring us the wine we ordered. It was odd eating wine styled restaurant without wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Formal yet cozyfancypantsDined on 3/29/2014The curious grape does a nice job of having a formal ambiance, while still encouraging visitors off the street. The menu is great for foodies, has a lot of variety and I loved that the wine list had options for a quarter glass, half glass, glass, half bottle or bottle of wine. If I had had an unlimited budget, I would have needed a cab ride home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You Should Go SoondastardlydoubledateDined on 3/28/2014This place is absolutely worth a try. The menu is very solid New American, and it is pretty creative in just about all aspects. The wine and cheese plate pair was great because of the server's obvious knowledge and suggestions. Nobody was disapointed by the dish they ordered and the availability of half-plates was awesome because we were able to share a number of dishes. The price was exactly what i wanted to pay for the quality of the experience. While there is a large wine retail section of the restauant it did not interfere with our dining at all. No liquor bar for after dinner drinks is my only complaint (there's always more wine!). Certainly try the fried brussel sprouts and the scallop entreeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very affordable. Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/22/2014Very affordable. Very good cheese. Very good food.Special Features:
- Great food and wine, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2014Dining experience depends on service, and ours was well, moderate at best. I hope our waiter was new, if not, they need to re-evaluate their staff. He was less than attentive, we ran out of drinks twice and had to flag him down in order to get a refill. Was not familiar with the menu and seemed out of place. The menu was what I expected and the food was delicious. Wine selection was fabulous, would have helped if our waiter could of made some suggestions or even knew what we were asking for when we did make a decision. Deserts were very tasty & I love the portion size. We would give the restaurant another shot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must Go!!!FoodieQueenDined on 3/22/2014Every appetizer and entree was perfect. Tasty, unique, and very well done. 5 stars.Special Features:
- Love the Curious GrapeJeanfromalexandriaDined on 3/22/2014Had another great meal here last week-the scallops are to die for! Ate early to get the 1,000 bonus points and glad we did because by the time we left, the crowds were coming in. We had great service and our food was delicious and presented nicely. We will be back, again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continued excellenceAnneVIPDined on 3/21/2014The food is always creative, fresh, and delicious. Highly recommend this local place.Special Features:
- Grape is Just Good EnoughStanDined on 3/20/2014The noise level was entirely too loud for my table to have a normal conversation. The wait staff was great and the food was good, but the Grape is charging higher end restaurant prices for a wine store hang out experience. It is fun for appetizers and wine flights around the bar, but if you want a romantic or conversation noise level dining I'd try one of the many other options available in the Shirlington area.Special Features:
- GREAT!!!deekDined on 3/20/2014One of our better eating experiences with the added value of super service!!!Special Features:
- Wonderful choice in ShirlingtontingoldVIPDined on 3/20/2014The Curious Grape continues to be wonderful - food, service, etc. Ideal before a show at Signature or the movies . . . or a night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely wines, great veggieKateDDined on 3/13/2014Lovely wines, great veggie sides, hard to choose from the very intriguing, original menu but doesn't matter becuz it's all delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An off nightDocMilnerVIPDined on 3/13/2014Unfortunately, we were seated next to the wine tasting. It was very loud. It really ruined the ambience. Additionally, our waitress forgot to put Arwine order in and we never got bread. Therefore, our wine pairing didn't arrive when our appetizer arrived. They did take care of it, but by then we were a little frustrated. This definitely seems to have been an off night. The last time we went everything was absolutely perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting menuShuladyDined on 3/9/2014Food was good but not amazing. Service was also very good. Great wine and beer list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was extremely poorfoodloverVIPDined on 3/9/2014Service was extremely poor and indifferent. I am a very generous tipper but only left the minimum 10% for this sloppy work.
- ExpensiveAverageCriticDined on 3/8/2014While the food was interesting and tasted good, this is one of those places you pay a lot of money for small portions and the service and atmosphere do not make up for the price tag. It was a neat place to try, but we won't be back on a regular basis.Special Features:
- Terrible ServiceBoringVIPDined on 3/6/2014Food was good (beet appetizer was fantastic). Service was terrible. My server abandoned me! He brought my appetizer, 10 minutes later he brought bread (dry). After that he NEVER came back to the table. 20 more minutes until the entree, which someone else brought. I never got the side item I ordered. No one ever came back to check on me. Finally the hostess came over and I told her I never got my side order. She said she'd take care of it. It took another 20 minutes for her to return with it. She then took my check and it took 15 minutes for someone else to come back with it. I've been to the Grape before and I do enjoy it. This time, however, even though the food was good, the service was abysmal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyAbilonieyVIPDined on 3/6/2014Great seasonal menu. Wine list is superb and it is very nice that they have two options on size of glasses of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.