Tomaso's - Phoenix
3225 E. Camelback Road
Phoenix, AZ 85018Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Tomaso's - Phoenix
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.tomasos.com/
- Phone: 6029560836
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am -2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Closed Sunday's through August.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Tomaso Maggiore
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Welcome to Tomaso’s where you’ll find planning your next event to as fine an experience as the cuisine delivered to your table. Let our attentive staff be your guide.
- Private Party Contact: Event Coordinator 8886669827
- Special Events: Tomaso's hosts many of the world's leading wine makers at dinners throughout the year. Check our website for more information.
A word from Tomaso's - Phoenix
Tomaso's Phoenix located in the Camelback corridor, embraces the lifestyle of Italian dining. Voted best Italian Restaurant in the valley since 1977, Tomaso’s celebrates simplicity & quality of authentic Italian food & wine with humor & hospitality. Tomaso Maggiore follows the traditional Italian dining format, starting with an abundant assortment of antipasti, dinner then features primi courses of moderately sized fresh pastas & risottos before moving to selection of lighter vegetable, fish & meat main courses. Dolce completes the meal with house-made offerings, including Italian pastries & scoops of gelato, and an assortment of fresh seasonal berries.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Tomaso's - Phoenix - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Tomaso's - Phoenix reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (28)neighborhood gem (25)fit for foodies (23)notable wine list (18)romantic (18)good for groups (12)great for lunch (3)scenic view (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- The food is always very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/8/2009The food is always very nice at Tomaso's. It is a place to have a quiet business lunch.Special Features:
- Our group of 8 was treatedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/1/2009Our group of 8 was treated with professionalism, courtesy and warmth. The food is superb and we'll return often .... thank you Tomaso's!Special Features:
- A bit pedestrian. The foodgayleVIPDined on 12/28/2008A bit pedestrian. The food was good...it would be a "safe" choice for Italian. Decor was early 60's Italian cliche. Faux bricks, semi-nude female paintings on the walls, a mural of an Italian street scene... Pricey wines with cheap, inappropriate wine glasses.Special Features:
- Authentic Italian. We hadlove2dineVIPDined on 12/24/2008Authentic Italian. We had Christmas dinner there for 12 people trying most of the menu from sausage to seafood. Everything was prepared well and the pasta was cooked perfectly. (very important to we Italians). Tomaso's is now on our must list when in Scottsdale.Special Features:
- Very accommodating! The perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/12/2008Very accommodating! The perfect place for a nice upscale office gathering or business dinner. They have the most perfect private dinning areas.Special Features:
- The restaurant is tired andDinerDined on 12/6/2008The restaurant is tired and dated; service was slow, but the food was good.
- Great food, service, and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/11/2008Great food, service, and atmosphere... what more can you ask for ...Special Features:
- The food is consistent overGeorgeDined on 11/8/2008The food is consistent over the years and very good. They are willing to do substitutions or things that aren't on the menu.Special Features:
- Our lunch was excellent andK8zchoiceDined on 11/5/2008Our lunch was excellent and our waiter was great. We often recommend Tomaso's to our friends.Special Features:
- This is a great place to takeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/27/2008This is a great place to take clients and friends that you really want to hear speak. The food is great, the service is great, and the best part is you care hear the conversation as the atmosphere is quiet...pleasantly so.Special Features:
- From the moment we walkedAZDreamerDinesDined on 10/19/2008From the moment we walked in the door we were treated so nicely. The wait staff was extraordinary. Our waiter was Scott and our wait assistant was Marco. They were utterly delightful and added to the ambience of the evening. The food was outstanding, the wine was wonderful. It was my husband's birthday and they presented him with a lovely desert plus candle. We were so pleased that we chose to go there and we plan to go again and again and we will tell our friends!Special Features:
- the food was great and theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2008the food was great and the service was outstanding. It was for a wine dinner, and I was disappointed in the seating. there were only two in my party, and instead of being seated with others, we were seated at a two-top. The main reason why I go to wine tasting dinners is to mingle with others as a group. Thanks, annabeliaSpecial Features:
- Great meal, great choice toClouseauVIPDined on 9/25/2008Great meal, great choice to host a business dinner, great waiter. Fantastic when you are in Phoenix.Special Features:
- We were the first customersliketoeatDined on 9/21/2008We were the first customers of the night...we noticed right away that many of staff we normally see were not there (but not having dined on a Sunday night before attributed it to 'day off')... Ingredients in one of the "Specials" were changed without telling us in advance. Fish delivered was smelly and full of iodine - sure signs it wasn't fresh..it was taken back and a partially cooked chop was delivered instead (it too was sent back and recooked)...wait staff had been told about my wife's reaction to cheese, yet the vegetables were either made with cheese or had cheese on top...DUH.
- This is a restaurant we haveOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/10/2008This is a restaurant we have gone to many times in the past and have enjoyed. This time the waiter we had was superficially polite, repeating the same phrases over and over and then walking away before we could even response. "Is everything prepared to your liking?" Every dish off the menu as we ordered "Excellent choice." It was annoying. The food, normally excellent, fresh and just right wasn't up to par. Pasta overcooked, red sauce too sweet and heavy, coffee cold. We have taken this off our list.
- Great food and a very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/6/2008Great food and a very friendly and informed staff. Very nice, was with a business group but will bring my wife next time for a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Very comfortable setting withPeteHVIPDined on 9/2/2008Very comfortable setting with a excellent menu. Service is always outstanding.Special Features:
- We were there on SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2008We were there on Saturday night and thought the service, food, ambience was fabulous. It was our first time there and we will definitely be returning. Thanks for everything.Special Features:
- I thought the overall experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2008I thought the overall experience was excellent. We sat a the best table in the restaurant and it was a great experience. I did think bartender could have been a bit friendlier when I asked if he had a cigarrette for me to smoke after dinner but perhaps his tip jar was not at the level that brings smiles to his face.Special Features:
- Great staff - answers questionsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2008Great staff - answers questions easily and quickly - friendly and enjoyable. Food was fabulous - I highly recommend it for department meetings, for group get-togethers, etc.Special Features:
- We think everything was excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2008We think everything was excellent, as usual. We have actually used them for an Anniversary celebration for a group of 15 in the past and used a private room. Food and service was outstanding. They accomodated our needs with someone in a wheel chair beautifully. Would recommend.Special Features:
- Food was average. Our waiterlikesgoodfoodVIPDined on 8/7/2008Food was average. Our waiter was great, but the bus boy didn't add any value. I went there for a business lunch and had to remind them to refill beverages, bread, etc. Not what you want to do when you are trying to focus on closing a deal!
- The dining room had plentyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/19/2008The dining room had plenty of room, but we were seated in the bar - a nice table by the window - but a tv was on in the bar. By the time we realized it, we were settled in and didn't want to move. Perhaps the hostess should ask if customers want bar or dining room seating. We had a wonderful waiter but got a little too much attention from him! We will be back - next time we'll ask to sit in the dining room.Special Features:
- We went to Tomaso's to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/16/2008We went to Tomaso's to celebrate our anniversary and everything was wonderful. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. We will definately dine here again in the near future.Special Features:
- From Sarah, who seated us,OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 6/30/2008From Sarah, who seated us, to Scott our server and dining room manager, the service was exceptional. The food was delicious and well presented. Everything was terrific.Special Features:
- I HAVE A COUPLE OF THINGSOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/21/2008I HAVE A COUPLE OF THINGS TO NOTE; SALADS ARE EXTRA, A BIT UNUSUAL FOR AN ITALIAN RESTURANT, AND FAIRLY PRICEY. THE ONE THING I THOUGHT WAS WRONG IS WHEN I NOTED ON THE BILL TWO DIFFERENT PRICES FOR THE SAME DRINK, I ASKED THE WAITER ABOUT IT. WE HAD 5 OR 6 DRINKS ON THE MENU TWO AT $9.00 AND THE REST AT $11.00, THEY WERE ALL THE SAME DRINK. WHEN THE WAITER HAD COME BACK HE ACKNOWLEDGED A COMPUTER ERROR BUT THEY HAD RAISED ALL THE DRINKS TO $11.00, PROBABLY NOT THE RIGHT THING TO DO IN THAT CIRCUMSTANCE. I KNOW IT WAS NOT MUCH OVERALL BUT IT TOOK AWAY SOMEWHAT FROM THE GREAT FOOD.Special Features:
- It was my first time at Tomaso's.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/18/2008It was my first time at Tomaso's. I thought it was pricey, all things considered. I'll try it again, but I didn't think their menu selections were great. I ordered a seafood dish -- it was tasty, but no where near the best I've had. My friends ordered the same chicken dish -- one enjoyed it and the other wasn't impressed. The restaurant was nicely appointed, but other people's conversations were easily overheard. To their credit, the restaurant did not have an old musty smell that so many long-established places do. They may have been short-staffed because we waited a long time for our orders to be taken and for dessert.
- very nice. decor dates backOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/15/2008very nice. decor dates back to the 70's, which is when the restaurant opened, which gives it an interesting ambiance. service was outstanding and food was very good. wine list was "ok". would definitely return.Special Features:
- We had a very nice time.CraigDined on 5/31/2008We had a very nice time. The food was very good and we were able to visit with our friends comfortably. Gio was our waiter and he was great!!Special Features:
- Your service and food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/28/2008Your service and food was excellent, especially the Salmon - Perfect! Would definately recommend your restaurant.Special Features:
- Nothing bas to say. The waitstaffOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/10/2008Nothing bas to say. The waitstaff was excellent, the food was served promptly and steaming hot, and the bathrooms were clean. Loved the ambiance of the paintings.Special Features:
- The specials were spectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/10/2008The specials were spectacular the night we visited Tomaso's. I had one of the best pasta dishes I have ever had - homemade Capatellini (little hats) filled with braised Filet Mignon and served with a Veal Wild Mushroom Ragu. The presentation was beautiful, too. I finished my meal with Mango Raspberry Sorbet that was the essence of fresh fruit. I would order it again and again if it was a regular menu item. My husband had a pasta trio with gnocci, sweet potato ravioli and osso buccco, finishing with delightful Tiramisu. We have been eating at this great local restaurant for many years and always think of it for high quality dishes, homemade pasta, and creative Italian dining.Special Features:
- There was a group of 10 andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/3/2008There was a group of 10 and everything was EXCELLENT! Thank you for making the evening memorable.Special Features:
- As always, Giovanni was perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/26/2008As always, Giovanni was perfect in every way, anticipating our needs and making fine suggestions for appetizers and our wonderful dinner. We love Tomaso's and visit often because we are never disappointed.Special Features:
- Noted my "special message"OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/25/2008Noted my "special message" and sang Happy Bday to my mom and gave her dessert that was delicious!Special Features:
- Our waiter was fit the billOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/19/2008Our waiter was fit the bill as an Itallian Waiter, however he did require that we flag him down and remind him of our Lobster Bisque order and that our empty drinks needed filling. The Bisque didn't meet my expectations (lobster was tough). The Chicken Parm was dry, which is hard to do... I just expected a lot more when we dropped $150 for our 6th anniversary.
- Truly one of Phoenix's bestOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/10/2008Truly one of Phoenix's best Italian restaurants, reminiscent of a find, old-school New York restaurant, with exceptional, not inexpensive food and slightly over-the-hill clientele, ourselves excluded (of course).Special Features:
- I would eat there once a weekPollyanneVIPDined on 4/4/2008I would eat there once a week if I could, and do try to. Excellent service (except for one waiter). The owner and staff go out of their way to make diners feel special. The food is always excellent.Special Features:
- Sort of a cliche of an oldOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/4/2008Sort of a cliche of an old Italian restaurant. Hideous paintings on the walls. NIcer mural in the back. Food was good, although not as good as I expected. Fried calamari was very good as an appetizer. Side of brocolli-rabe had burned garlic, ick. Main dishes were good. Very limited choice of wines by the glass - and no 1/2 bottle choices. Skipped dessert.
- Good Italian food - reasonableOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/28/2008Good Italian food - reasonable wine list. We enjoyed our meal there and would go again. We especially liked the service.Special Features: