Two South County Road
Palm Beach, FL 33480Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.flaglersteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 8882732537
- Hours of Operation:
Open daily to the public for lunch and dinner
Lunch: 11:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Dinner: 5:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Thomas Laimo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A unique setting for private events, Flagler Steakhouse offers a refreshing modern spin on the classic social club. Featuring a preppy-luxe red, white and blue décor and views of the restaurant and Ocean Course, the 18-seat private dining room serves as the perfect backdrop for an event to remember.
A word from Flagler Steakhouse
A refreshingly, modern spin on the classic social club, this transformed restaurant has re-imagined the traditional steakhouse experience and given Palm Beach’s iconic, clubby legacy an irresistible new spirit. The stunning makeover by famed designer Adam D. Tihany (HMF, Per Se, Le Cirque 2000) evokes gorgeous, old-school luxury. But the expanded menu makes this restaurant much more than a destination for flawlessly prepared steaks — Palm Beach visitors and locals alike will also enjoy the array of mouthwatering alternatives (fish, Italian favorites, broiler items and savory sides), serious cocktails and an extraordinary list of Master Sommelier-selected wines. Al fresco seating on the climate-controlled terrace invites guests to enjoy ocean breezes and the panorama of The Breakers’ Ocean Course. Food, drink, irresistible music, chicly dressed staff, and stylish interior design all come together to satiate the senses. Flagler Steakhouse welcomes you to the consummate clubhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Flagler Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (70)great for outdoor dining (51)scenic view (46)romantic (46)notable wine list (34)fit for foodies (32)good for groups (24)great for lunch (19)neighborhood gem (14)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- What a view!BeanieDined on 3/20/2014Very expensive, but such a wonderful dining experience, especially for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, but worth it.BusybackVIPDined on 3/19/2014The Breakers Hotel runs this restaurant with attention to detail worthy of a 5 star resort. If you are prepared to pay 10-20% more than it should be, this is a terrific choice. It's a beautiful setting, excellent food, and they treat you like a VIP.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatmnagVIPDined on 3/18/2014We take our kids here all the time and sit outside on the balcony for a great meal and a great view, Love it.Special Features:
- Plus and minusOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/17/2014Ordered the special of the St, Patrick's Day evening: corned beef and cabbage ... but found it to be inedible. Left the plate mostly untouched and advised the waiter of our disappointment. He, in turn. mentioned our reaction to the manager ... who, thankfully, deleted that item from out dinner bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014We enjoyed dining out here very much, the food was delicious and the staff very nice and helpful. We were shocked when we noticed the shoes the staff was wearing and we believe it distracts the guests from otherwise very beautiful interior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A DISAPPOINTMENTMArcDined on 3/15/2014FIRST OFF I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT THE RESTAURANT WAS AT THE HOTEL. IT IS NOT. IT IS ACROSS THE STREET IN A CLUBHOUSE. THE ROOM WAS VERY NICE, HOWEVER. THE FOOD WAS AWFUL AND GROSSLY OVERPRICED. THE VEAL CHOPS WERE DRY AS WAS THE BURGER. ALMOST $350 FOR A PARTY OF FOUR WITH ONLY 2 DRINKS IN TOTAL, WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY. WE USED TO DINE AT THE BREAKERS IN THE HOTEL. NOW EVERYTHING IS CASUAL, OVERPRICED, PLAIN AND NOT WORTH THE EFFORT. A TRUE DISAPPOINTMENT.
- The best West Palm has to offerOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/15/2014Beautiful evening on the patio…romantic…exquisite food and service. Steve the bartender is outstanding. Our waiter Dave is the best. Friendliest atmosphere of any restaurant anywhere. Jim and Pam FregiaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fascism in FloridaElizalouDined on 3/14/2014High pressure service. It was explained that staff are given specific minutes for each task e.g. 3 minutes to meet and greet, 3 minutes to discuss the menu etc. The waiter was looking over his shoulder nervously as our conversation went seconds beyond the set time. Staff seemed like automatons trying to clear the restaurant as quickly as possible. Needless to say the food arrived by express delivery looking somewhat out of breath itself. In the end they had the customers eating faster and faster. On leaving, the elderly were trying to move their uncooperative walking sticks and Zimmer frames at the pace of a foxtrot rather than their customary slow waltz as they staggered out mopping their brows. Quite exhausting.Special Features:
- ExperiencefrankDined on 3/14/2014Dining at Flagler's is a great experience. The food and service are excellent, the environment beautiful, what more could you ask? Maybe the prices could be a little lower.Special Features:
- Exceelnt mealRvc75Dined on 3/8/2014Experience was as expected for a breakers property. Food was very good, the blackened ribeye was excellent, just the right amount of seasoning, the flavor of the steak was not overrun by that spice. My wife had the aged ribeye, overall it was good, except that they missed the mark on the cooking temp. Dining room has a vibrant atmosphere and fresh off a renovation this past summer. Expect to spend to spend about $150 per person with a couple glasses of wine appetizers and a shared dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flagler steak housePlanetVIPDined on 3/4/2014We had friends from home in UK visiting and promised them the best steak house, for there last night with us. You did not disappoint . Thank youSpecial Features:
- Only dine with dawnPbgoogleguyVIPDined on 3/3/2014Dawn is the only waitress who understands speed and accuracy. She is the best! When she is not working, the level of service on the terrace is mediocre at best.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch has gone way downhill--Miamiguy69VIPDined on 3/2/2014Used to be one of my favorite spots pre-renovation. Now simply a disappointment. I am happy to pay for good food and service--they are offering neither. I suspect new management. In every measurable way the place has fallen off.
- Amazing Evening!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/1/2014The Flager Steakhouse is fast becoming one of our favorite restaurants!! Fantastic food, ambiance and service. The newly renovated space is beautiful, and our evening could not have been more perfect!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10 StarsfrankDined on 2/27/2014As usual, the place is great. It is expensive, and worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RenovatedSummerresidentDined on 2/25/2014The renovated facility is very well done, the food is excellent and sitting on the porch with a view is great. It is VERY pricy however.Special Features:
- Service is way too attentive,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2014Service is way too attentive, to the point of being overbearing and intrusive. We finally told the waiter we did not want to be rushed. And he cleared three salad plates when one person was still eating: that is just not done, and makes the fourth person feel very uncomfortable. He tried to do the same with the dinner plates, when one of our guests still had a lot on his plate, and we told him not to do that. Food was great however, and new decor is stunning. Girls at check in are very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outside dining, foodjcnashDined on 2/23/2014Great outside dining, food was outstanding and loved the view.Special Features:
- Very specialOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/22/2014Dinner at the Flagler was very special. Friendly and efficient staff but mostly - the food is exceptional! Special occasion unless you have lots of cash! Lots!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this place! Will be back!!roadfoodieDined on 2/20/2014Loved everything about this place!! Waiter was awesome -- he was from Ireland and couldn't do enough for us!! Service was absolutely impeccable! Food was outstanding -- bone-in filet, veal milanese and even the burger! Gruyere tator tots were out of this world!! It was a lively place in the middle of the week but not so loud that you couldn't enjoy yourself and have a table conversation. While we did not dine outside, it is available and lots of people were taking advantage of that option. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, AMAZING!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/19/2014We dined at Flagler last night for the second night in a row. We LOVE that place. Service is impeccable, unlike any other you will find in South Florida. The attention to detail is perfection. We love the steaks but also discovered the veal parmigiana to be exquisite. The oysters on the half shell were generous sized and delicious, as are the salads. For dessert, you simply must try the cookies. WOW. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a One Time VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014Outstanding food and very good service but very noisy at peak dinner serving time. Terribly over priced is the opinion of all three guests.Special Features:
- Special Occasion DiningChloeqDined on 2/15/2014Lovely dining experience. Without exception, everything we ordered was perfection. This is not a restaurant for the faint of wallet, however, dinner for two over $300. Critiques? A bit loud and our meal felt a bit rushed..next time we'd wait to order our entrees until the appetizers were served. As it was, the wait staff was standing at our table with our entrees as the starter plates were removed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special nightMarsieVIPDined on 2/15/2014The food was superb. The service was excellent. Ambience perfect. Served children and adults in an elegant waySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak house Palm Beach county!DriftwoodDined on 2/14/2014Consistent quality for food and service. Views across the golf course are lovely, while inside there is a private club feel. A tip for visitors: arrive an hour early for your reservation, valet your car and take the free shuttle over to the beautiful Breakers Hotel for a drink and a walk around. Take the shuttle back to the Flagler.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad luck or bad business?AaronDined on 2/14/2014I suppose I should have known it, but you really should warn people when they book that there will be a price-fix menu - especially when it is $130 per person + 20% tip. Basically, I expected top notch food but got mediocre. My wife was pleased with her food in general, but thought it was all a bit salty. My experience was not so great: Starter: Lobster/corn bisque had too much pepper Main: T-bone was overcooked (ordered medium rare) and the filet side was tiny - probably only 1/5 of the steak. Side: I love spinach but this was so salty we didn't finish it. I know it's a business and valentine's day, but I don't like getting the appetizers right after the cocktails arrived nor the check right after dessert was served.
- Everything was wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/13/2014We went on a night that was a bit windy and a little chilly and wanted to sit outside. The new renovations enabled us to sit outside and enjoy the evening as the sun set, and then they were able to pull the curtains down and start the heat as it got more chilly. Most enjoyable evening as we were there to celebrate Valentines Day and it was perfect. Our waiter was quite attentive and made sure that our wine glass was never empty! I was impressed how he made our bottle last throughout the entire evening. The portions were good and the food very tasty! Everyone from the hostess to the busboys were attentive to our needs and very pleasant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak was correct color butFlashDined on 2/8/2014Steak was correct color but bone dry. Noise level made it difficult to hold a conversation.
- What a change!verydisappointedDined on 2/8/2014We have been to this restaurant many times and have always given it the highest rating for food and service. The service was horrendous. The made us wait for a table only to bring us to a table that had no chair. Server then disappears for ten minutes. Our table was wedged close to a pillar so all night my husband was ducking waitstaff squeezing between him and the pillar. No salt and pepper on table, and had to go through 4 shakers before we could find one that was full. No one checked on us during the entire meal. Portions are smaller, prices are bigger. Food is noticeably unseasoned. Manager bombarded by service complaints all night. They automatically add 20% gratuity for check. Manger apologized but did nothing for us.
- I had the pounded veal withOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/3/2014I had the pounded veal with arugula . The veal was very well done!!!Special Features:
- Very good but very expensivePapapatVIPDined on 2/1/2014Great steaks and service but dinner for 4 including wine was over $500 It,for many, is a place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dining in South Florida!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/30/2014EXCEPTIONAL dining in a newly remodeled space with an overhauled menu!!! The level of service far surpassed ANYTHING we have yet to experience anywhere in south Florida. While a bit pricey, sitting out on the veranda looking at the beautiful golf course under abundant overhead heaters made it toasty and warm, and worth the expense. Our waiter, David Sauer, was amongst the best we've seen anywhere (and we travel the world). WOW. WOW. WOW! What an amazing restaurant! Every employee at Flager was genuinely friendly and professional. The manager even made a point to stop by and talk with us and not just the usual "How is dinner?" This "new" Flagler Steakhouse has made sure that EVERY single detail is perfection and they have nailed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High Quality Steaks But...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/30/2014on two different occasions and three different steaks, the kitchen overcooked the first batch. It's not brain surgery to get "medium rare" right especially if you are doing it dozens of times every night with the same sizes, quality and cuts of meat. Yet, the kitchen mistakens medium rare for medium each time. Go figure. Apologies are profuse and the situations are handled graciously, but why can't they get it right especially at prices of $55-$60 per steak? In comparison, Del Frisco has never missed cooking a steak properly and they even request you cut into your steak after it arrives to ensure it's cooked properly--something Flagler should think about doing given the kitchen's problems.
- TransformationLisaDined on 1/27/2014My husband and I first dined there 8 or so years ago and never went back until last week. We go to The Breakers a few times every year and thought lets give it another chance. SO IMPRESSED! The new decor is charming and enjoyable. But the food, this from 2 really picky eaters, really was outstanding. Get the blue crab dumpling appetizer, more like a ravioli and don't share it. The Australian lobster tail was like succulent candy it was so sweet. Twice I had the blackened crusted ribeye, it was so flavorful. If you haven't been in a while, try it again. Awesome!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Servicelots2sayDined on 1/26/2014The service was efficient but lacked any grace or friendliness . No checking back regarding the food. Everything was excellent except the fish. The Bronzini tasted like Fillet of Sole. Also, the lightening was just too dim and could not be adjusted.Special Features:
- We enjoyed the food and ambiance.ShilohVIPDined on 1/25/2014We enjoyed the food and ambiance. Overall we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sat outside so noise levelannivesaryDined on 1/23/2014Sat outside so noise level has very low. Would have 5 star but extremely pricy. Inside was very noisy. Was acold night but with their ousride heaters, it was perfect. Great for special occasions.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flagler ReDobeachbumDined on 1/20/2014This great steakhouse has been completely refurbished and the physical results are outstanding. We love the outside porch and it has new tables and chairs (I'd add a cushion because the table is high!) and fabulous overhead heaters. Inside new carpeting and layout with a more casual ambiance. Menu expanded to include Italian fare as well as more fish options. All around terrific! This is a pricey night out but great fun for a special occasion. NY Strip and a sweet potato is the standard order. WE had crab dumplings (think unbelievable ravioli) and salmon mix things this up! Corn side dish is fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Special OccassionDianek1Dined on 1/18/2014We went to Flagler Steakhouse for my wife's 60th birthday with two other couples. The service, ambience, and especially the food were wonderful. The suggestions that the server made were great. The appetizer tower had a whole large lobster, oysters, clams, several types of crabmeat, and jumbo shrimp. We brought a lot of it home. The main courses were fabulous. When I requested a special dessert, she brought three huge desserts, 3 scoops of ice cream, and 6 freshly baked chocolate chip cookies still warm from the oven. It is not an inexpensive evening, but if you want a special evening, Flagler Steakhouse is the place to go in south east Florida.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed and EnjoyableGwendolina7Dined on 1/17/2014Wonderful facelift to an old standby that has always provided great food.Special Features: