14 Narragansett Ave.
Jamestown, RI 02835Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jamestownfishri.com/
- Phone: 4014233474x
- Hours of Operation:
Dining Room - Wednesday to Sunday 5pm to close
Bridge Bar- Wednesday to Sunday 4pm to close
Patio seating available Monday thru Sunday 12pm to close
Reservations can be made for our Main Dining Room only. Patio dining is on a first come first served basis.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Matthew MacCartney
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Join us for wine dinners throughout the year.
A word from Jamestown FiSH
Jamestown FiSH features a european inspired seafood menu prepared by Award winning Executive Chef Matthew MacCartney.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Jamestown FiSH - Best Restaurants in Jamestown ›
Jamestown FiSH reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (67)special occasion (61)great for outdoor dining (52)notable wine list (45)neighborhood gem (42)romantic (41)scenic view (20)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (13)good for groups (9)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (5)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- fantasticdbdbDined on 11/9/2013This was one of the best meals I have had in my entire life! The sensational Jamestown fish soup, all the way to the trio of icecream at the end (and everything in between) were out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NUMBER 1CLNYVIPDined on 11/9/2013I lived in NYC all my life, and moved to Rhode Island 4 years ago. I have dined in many fine restaurants, and to put it simply, Jamestown Fish is the beat Seafood Restaurant I have ever eaten in. A sure bet alwaysSpecial Features:
- Delicious food.... A must try !!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/8/2013When we saw that Jamestown FIsh was participating in Restaurant week we decided to finally make reservations and we will definitely return to Jamestown Fish soon. The service and staff were professional and knowledgable and the food was absolutely delicious. I had the Skate which was cooked perfectly and arrived hot! My husband had one of his favorite meals, the Osso Buco, which he stated "was the best I have ever had". The dinning room is bright, lively and the fireplace was a welcome sight. The chef was visible which was a nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciosoKimberlyDined on 11/8/2013The entire experience is perfect from walking in the door to being seated by a fireplace to a scrumptious meal and divine dessert. The dancing pears beverage completely delights!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You don't have to fish any morePookieDined on 11/7/2013This was our first visit to FISH but it will not be our last. Our visit was prompted by the Newport restaurant Week offer but we were so pleased with our meal we would have been content to pay full price. Our waitress Emily was charming and fun and the food- by Chef Matthew- left nothing to be desired. If you have a chance try the skate-to die for, but you'll be glad you didn't so you can enjoy it many more times. Emily told us that Matthew excels as a wine connoiseur and has now branched out into cooking- I suspect his educated palate only enhances his culinary acumen. The dining room exemplifies simple elegance and the mood of the entire evening suggested an elegant dinner party at a friend's home.Special Features:
- Consistently Good!ElishkaDined on 11/7/2013This is my third visit to Jamestown Fish and I've enjoyed it every time. The Uncle Joe's eggplant appetizer was both interesting and delicious and the pot de creme for dessert was to die for. I tried the swordfish this time around and it was very good, but maybe could have used a little something beyond the herbs to give it a little more pizzazz. All in all, really enjoyed my meal and would definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful surpriseDHZKDined on 11/7/2013In the year that this restaurant has been open, FISH, has reached its peak. The food was imaginative and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For Seafood LoversOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/6/2013If you love seafood and want many choices, Jamestown Fish is the place to dine. The quality is excelent, the presentation is eye-appealing and the food is served HOT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Newport restaurant weekBridge3Dined on 11/6/2013Always wanted to go here but prices are high so waited to Newport restaurant week to try. Food was very good, big portions including the sides ( had the skate with spinach) and being part of the Restaurant week deal was just that! Will go again on a special occasion . Also very accommodating to this with food allergies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal...again!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/2/2013Four of us went to Fish for restaurant week and, as usual, were not disappointed. Two of the group had the seafood pot/stew which was incredible. I tasted the leftovers the next day and know that is what I will be ordering the next time! The crab appetizers were a big hit. We tried four different desserts, all great but my favorite remains the chocolate pot. Thanks to all for a lovely evening!Special Features:
- Every course was outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2013Every course was outstanding! The food was incredibly fresh, with creative dishes full of flavors that really came together. My husband and I split all of our dishes because we didn't want to miss out on any of the amazing dishes. Our server was very knowledgable about the food, and her impeccable descriptions of the dishes really helped us to make the right choices for our meals. Thank you for a great night - we can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- Delicious, Happy FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2013A favorite of Jamestown where Chef Matthew showcases seafood of New England and the world. The cook pot is a house favorite of shellfish, lobster, and fin fish in a wonderful broth. The servers Alissa, Emily, and Caroline know the menu and can pair wines with every dish. Nightly specials include grilled sardines, skate, or cuddle fish.Special Features:
- Jamestown FishMoBeeVIPDined on 10/26/2013Fabulous atmosphere Delicious food Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The essence of a fish restaurantAblebakerVIPDined on 10/19/2013From ocean and bay to table, Jamestown Fish gets it right with simple, pure flavors in every fish preparation. Clams & linguini has 5 ingredients (2 are clams & linguini!) ; I'm sure the chowder has many more. Each are the essence of how to cook and serve fish & seafood. Our server Emily always makes the experience special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much garlic in the linguiniletseatoutVIPDined on 10/13/2013Too much garlic in the linguini and too much salt in the chicken. But the restaurant's signature dish, the Fish Cookpot, was excellent.
- Fantastic fishfish4lifeDined on 10/2/2013I went to Fish for dinner with college roommates that I don't see very often (plus we graduated 25 years ago). the place couldn't have been more perfect. that have a very intimate outdoor bar, which you can dine at also. their patio is quaint with many tables and a nice firepit. the staff could not be more agreeable and friendly. and the food was absolutely delicious. we all had a brilliant time!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the food.HarryDined on 9/21/2013The food we had was great, however, the menu didn't have as many selections as we expected.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fallgardener208Dined on 9/21/2013The service was very good. I never felt rushed. Our server was very familiar with the menu and answered any questions to my full satisfaction. In addition she was well versed with the wine offerings. The ambience was perfect for the first evening of fall. The ore-dinner cocktails and appetizers were delightful. I will definitely return to FiSH and have guests in tow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jamestown PerfectionAmyBVIPDined on 9/5/2013Taking the ride over the bridge to Jamestown Fish was on my list of to-dos this summer...we were a little late in getting there, but wow, was it ever worth the wait. I liked that the restaurant was more casual than I thought from the website. Our server, Emily, was fantastic. The wine list was amazing...and all that happiness if before the food even came. The fish soup was like nothing I have tasted before and both our halibut and scallop dishes were simple as good as it gets. There was not one thing I would change about what we ate. My only wish would have been to have a really dark chocolaty dessert...we got the pot of cream and it was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really like Jamestown Fish, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/1/2013I really want to give this restaurant a better rating for service. We had dinner when they first opened and the service was poor and it hasn't much improved in one year. Come on get it together, hire more people and train the front of the house better.Special Features:
- love visiting my son at RogercontessaVIPDined on 9/1/2013love visiting my son at Roger Williams University and exloring beautiful Rhode Island...service was excellent always with a smile chef is creative food is fresh enjoyed everything from cocktails to dessert...we're in the restaurant biz so I especially appreciate all the effort it takes to create such prefection ...will be back on parent's weekend Thank You RaffaelaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 17th Anniversary CelebrationJamesRIDined on 9/1/2013Where to start, great table location, fantastic service, little extras because of our anniversary, chatting with the chef, and most importantly - food that was off the charts! Easily one of our top three meals in RI hands down. The apps were A+ - Raw Trio & Uncle Joe's Eggplant (this was stellar). Wife had scallop entrée (sweet and tender) and I had the Cookpot (loaded with lobster, cod, clams, muscles, etc.). Finished with homemade basil ice cream. Tremendous all around - FiSH has hit the top of our foodie charts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was top notch. IJF325Dined on 8/31/2013The food was top notch. I cant say enough about the food. The service was all over the place our Server was very nice, but couldn't stop telling us how fresh the fish was. The mistakes were terrible. We received the wrong drinks because "that's how he thought they were made" they completely forgot one of our appetizers, and just left us alone so much that we were going to a waiter station to get more water for ourselves. Our wine was in an ice bucket 2 tables over and we were getting up to refill it ourselves. I don't need to be waited on and serviced like a sultan but come on it wasn't even that busy. They just need better trained servers and it would have been a perfect evening.Special Features:
- This was our first time atSunshineDined on 8/31/2013This was our first time at Jamestown Fish and we were pleasantly surprised. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. We had a nice quiet corner table which made conversation pleasant. We would recommend the scallops and the linguine with clam sauce. Absolutely delicious!! The wine and dessert lists were extensive - something for everyone. An excellent evening!! We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and service,MimiVIPDined on 8/29/2013Wonderful food and service, the same as last time we visited. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very expensivePatriciaVIPDined on 8/29/2013Food was very good and service was excellent but meal was very, very expensive. ( Ex. Sole was $40.)We will not go back. Too bad becaauae the restaurant was nice.
- Fresh seafood - well preparedusafunVIPDined on 8/23/2013Linguini with clams very simple yet flavorful was perfectly prepared. Fluke also a good dish. Enjoyed the Panna Cotta and espresso for a light dessert.Special Features:
- First Time at FISHOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2013We chose this restaurant by the reviews. The outdoor patio was a great area to enjoy a drink. We dined inside and were impressed by the presentation of the food and knowledge of the wait staff. We are local and definitely will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding seafoodTomcat391Dined on 8/22/2013The best seafood around! I brought some friends there who were visiting from Barbados and had an outstanding meal. The chef was attentive to our needs and took time to chat at the end of the night with all the diners in the restaurant. Would highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealLjmmdVIPDined on 8/21/2013Tried Jamestown Fish for the first time tonight. It was a wonderful meal. Would definitely go back, especially for the linguine with clams, they know how to make it right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We should could here more often!JoJoDined on 8/18/2013This was our second visit, and it did not disappoint. We had a simple caprese appetizer, which was very good. My dining companion had the salmon with rabe and cannellini beans, which was cooked perfectly to his taste, and I ordered the black linguine with calamari, cherry tomatoes and olives - very good! Our waitperson was very, pleasant, knowledgeable and attentive. Chef Matthew came out to greet us as well as the other diners. We sat inside because it was drizzing out, but if it had been a clear night, we would have sat outside on the beautiful patio. It was a very delightful evening at Jamestown FiSH.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StrikeoutOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/16/2013We have been to this restaurant four times and three visits were very nice. On this trip it was a little different. The menu has very few(about 8 choices) for dinner and they had sold out of one by 7 PM. We ordered two different fish dinners and mine came out very under cooked. The plate was sent back to the kitchen and did not return for almost 15 minutes. My date sat with her dinner getting cold while I waited for mine to return. I made it known that i wasn't happy with the out come of the mistake but there was no atempt to solve the problem. It will be a long time before I go back to this restaurant.
- VERY VERY noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2013The food at Jamestown Fish is very good. However, it was overshadowed by the noise level. there was a group of 10 in this small dining space which made it impossible to hear the other diners in our party of four. We asked that the manager make some adjustment (like asking them to tone it down a bit) but there was no front manager available. The chef/owner/manager was busy in the kitchen. When he did appear he did not approach our table but rather two others in the room. The previous experience we had at jamestown Fish was very different. We enjoyed that dinner and left feeling very happy with our experience. This time we felt we wasted our money. We were celebrating our anniversary which felt like a shouting match.Special Features:
- YumsuekushDined on 8/11/2013Second visit even better than the first. The Del's and Iced Tea Vodka were magnificent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jamestown Fish is OKOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/11/2013First visit to this establishment. Three in our party, and all thought the food to be just OK. service was good, not great. Might go back, as patio seating was nice. There are too many better restaurants in RI to consider this one.Special Features:
- Jamestown FishMackDined on 8/10/2013Food was phenomenal, drinks were fabulous, the inside dining was very pleasant. Looking forward to going back, again. Worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible - First TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2013Wife and I went to FiSH in early August 2013 and WOW, what an experience. The appetizers were good, but the entrees were unbelievable. Had the swordfish and the black linguini w/ fresh local Calamari. Special treat was when the executive chef, Matthew came out to discuss the white burgundy options. What a fantastic treat!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So happy to have gone hereTylerDined on 8/3/2013We were planning to go to Newport and then got a bit lazy. I looked for other locations and came across Jamestown Fish. At first We were attracted because we had not been to Jamestown, ever; also the ferry from Waites Wharf. The exterior is very attractive with plenty of public parking spots both on and off-street. The hostesses were all smiles and very professional, as we were seated immediately. The service was very good, attentive and informative. The menu is mostly fish... but I was able to order pasta with some Chourico, which was on the menu in other dishes. My wife enjoyed the fish soup; bread was high quality; appetizers were Caprese (Newport Farms Mozzerella is fantastic), and a wax bean salad with onions and corn - all delicious!Special Features:
- Great linguine!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2013The menu posted outside was not the menu we got upon ordering. I do like that the menu changes daily, but if you're going to do that, at least keep it updated. I had the linguine and clam sauce and thought it was amazing, but it seemed that my fellow diners did not share my enthusiasm for the meal. The service was amazing - they were always very aware of the table and my water never went empty. There's not a lot of noise dampening materials inside, and the table next to us was rather boisterous, so it was quite loud. Once most of the tables cleared out it was pretty quiet and pleasant, but if it's packed it's probably going to be a noisy night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best in the Newport areaJoanVIPDined on 7/26/2013We have been coming to the Newport area for 25 years . This is the best food and wine selection we have experienced in this area to date .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.