14 Narragansett Ave.
Jamestown, RI 02835Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jamestownfishri.com/
- Phone: 4014233474x
- Hours of Operation:
Dining Room - Wednesday to Sunday 5pm to close
Bridge Bar- Wednesday to Sunday 4pm to close
Patio seating available Monday thru Sunday 12pm to close
Reservations can be made for our Main Dining Room only. Patio dining is on a first come first served basis.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Matthew MacCartney
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Join us for wine dinners throughout the year.
A word from Jamestown FiSH
Jamestown FiSH features a european inspired seafood menu prepared by Award winning Executive Chef Matthew MacCartney.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Jamestown FiSH - Best Restaurants in Jamestown ›
Jamestown FiSH reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (62)special occasion (56)great for outdoor dining (47)notable wine list (41)neighborhood gem (39)romantic (37)scenic view (16)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (11)great for lunch (7)good for groups (6)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Excellent experienceJabirdDined on 6/21/2014Great food, great wine, great company. All the dishes were extremely fresh and showed nice creativity, the sitting was beautiful and super friendly environmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Qualified Ratings-Noise Alert!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/21/2014Thru Open Table had requested outdoor dining only to be seated in a deafening dining room so loud that we asked to be moved outside. The very helpful hostess explained reservations only applied to the dining room and that there would be a 30 minute wait for an outside table. On the verge of leaving, she came up with a great table on a small deck adjoining the bar and everything was great from thereon (food, service, ambience). However, on weekends at least, I will not chance the very loud dining room again as the food is too good and the prices are too high to allow an evening to be compromised by such high decibels.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Splendid Evening at Jamestown FishJames0806Dined on 6/21/2014We met friends whom we hadn't seen in many years for dinner Saturday evening. Everything about the experience was wonderful; the food, the service and the ambience. We ate inside, and were not rushed at all. In fact, we spent three hours at the table enjoying our meal and company. We always enjoy our experience at Jamestown Fish and look forward to returning again soon.Special Features:
- A lovely dining experienceDebHubbDined on 6/20/2014Jamestown Fish has a lovely dining room on the first floor which is very fresh with the white trim and nautical blue walls. Our dining experience was lovely with appetizers of octopus, crab, egg plant and home made mozzarella with roasted peppers. Our dinners were also delightful with their specialty fish crock pot and dover sole. Everything was lovely and it was our second time there. However I will share the prices in the dining room are on the higher side with dinners averaging $40 and appetizers $15. Another nice touch was the Chef coming out to visit each table.Special Features:
- Great dining experience!euromarineVIPDined on 6/15/2014One of the best restaurants in the area. If you are visiting Newport then it is well worth "crossing the bridge" to this dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superbCLNYVIPDined on 6/14/2014Always a great dining experience. a never miss restaurant. this visit, as i made my reservations on open table, i requested dover sole on the bone. this is not on the regular menu, only sometimes a special. When i arrived, the chef told me that he had aquired the sole. Needless to say, it was cooked to perfection. can't wait to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just ok.MRBOBDined on 6/7/2014We sat inside. Arrived at 6:15 for 6:45 res. but had to wait the half hour at the bar even though there were 3 empty tables inside. One finally filled 1.5 hours later. Table service was very good, kitchen production was very slow. Seemed as though they concentrated on the outdoor tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food fine, Service needs workJerandnancDined on 6/6/2014My wife and I visited on a Friday evening. My lobster roll was ok though not substantial; the waitress indicated a much larger serving. My wife had scallops which were really good. Service was slow even though there were only 3 tables plus ours being used. The waitress needed to be reminded twice to bring some basics to our table. No bread was served until we asked into the meal. Bartender and chef both visited our table which was a nice touch. Expensive for lobster roll, good deal on the scallops.
- ExcellenceLouInPortsmouthVIPDined on 5/31/2014Party of four and every meal was outstanding - appetizer to desert.Special Features:
- Great Exerience.CharlotteDined on 5/31/2014Everything in this restaurant is done with class including table setting and staff. Food is wonderful, service top rate and is my new favorite restaurant. The chief is very talented. We spent more money than normal because we could not resist so many items on the menu, including homemade ice cream, which is to die for. Certainly worth the experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful place to eat and drinkhplmVIPDined on 5/21/2014Fish in Jamestown RI is a First class restaurant which would not be out of place in Mid Town Manhattan or Downtown San Francisco Innovative preparations of fresh fish and meats. You can't go wrong, no matter what you pick on the menu.Special Features:
- Just OkMA179Dined on 5/18/2014The appetizers were good. The place wasn't too crowded, but there was only 1 person working at the outside bar area. The Pizza was also fine. The meals weren't too good. The Steak frites came as too overcooked large pieces of meat, tasty fries and a salad. Four of us got that (ordered medium and medium rare). One came out medium and the rest well done and very tough. The flounder was ok but they never brought the potatoes, then after my husband finished the waitress came out with a small bowl of fries and said they didn't have any potatoes. The meal is different outside, so I cannot comments on the food in the dining room. Maybe it was just a bad day. We wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- Great SpotTylerDined on 5/17/2014Went for a "special occasion" and was thoroughly impressed with the entire experience - staff was amazing and food was awesome! We WILL be back soon!Special Features:
- Wonderful MealJLeeDined on 5/17/2014The food was terrific and the staff exemplary. I really appreciated the healthy fresh food. For once I didn't feel as if I had to rewrite the menu to make it low carb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh fishYumyumVIPDined on 4/19/2014Service staff terrific. Wait for main meal a bit long.great fish. Might have been nice to have a bit more ion the plate like a starch. Great homemade ice cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy jointTCKCDined on 4/13/2014The ambiance was great, the service was exceptional and the fish was spectacularSpecial Features:
- Fabulous Lunch!ElishkaDined on 4/13/2014This was a truly excellent meal, impressing and delighting a tough audience of four. The chicken with polenta was to die for, made all the more memorable when the chef came out to chat at the end of the meal and shared how he'd made it. I've been here before for dinner and always liked it, but this Sunday lunch was the best yet!Special Features:
- GREAT experienceGreatDined on 4/12/2014I came here during Newport restaurant week and was so happy that I did. The staff was so friendly and helpful. I had a 8:30pm reservation and when I arrived our table wasn't ready but it was worth hanging out in the beautiful bar upstair over looking the water. The food was outstanding and the chief came over to the table twice to check in which made the experience even better. I live in New York but will definitely be back just to go there again. Great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jamestown FISHOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014Excellent meal with a fabulous waitress! The only problem of the evening was the noise level. The waitress explained that it was unusually noisy since background music system was broken. Due to noise we believe our soup order was entered wrong. We were looking forward to Butternut Soup, but received Fish soup instead.Special Features:
- The food was mediocre, presentationmslisaDined on 4/10/2014The food was mediocre, presentation was very good, noise level was annoyingly high. Had trouble hearing others at my table of four. Won't go back.
- Newport Restaurant WeekBonnetDined on 4/9/2014Tried Fish for first time; menu had variety especially for Restaurant Week. Service was outstanding and food was good. The fact that the cheapest bottle of wine was $50 and escalated from there threw us totally off. Instead, we each had a glass for $8 which when eyeballed was 1/2- 2/3 cup of wine in a big glass. That $50 is regularly $100; not your usual choice at most restaurants. And we were there early...6:15 and it was comfortably conversational by the time we left at 7:30 the conversation level was very loud.Special Features:
- Jamestown GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014First time that my wife and I have been to Fish - took advantage of resturant week - and the dining experience was Great! Food was incredible and when we could not decide on a wine, the chef came out and made a fantastic recommendation for us. Only reason ambience was less than outstanding was the fact that our table did not have a view but that did not take away from our experience at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute but ..SeafoodDined on 4/5/2014The food was very good.except I told the waitress that I couldn't eat garlic yet my breath reeked of it the next day and my stomach paid for it. I'm not sure if it was on the potatoes or the tuna. The place was cute and clean but the tables were so close that there was no privacy and you couldn't help but overhear the next table's conversation and had to be guarded about your conversation, but had to be loud so your dining partner could hear you. My date would prefer not sharing the WC since she had to put the seat down before using. JED
- Am telling all my friends!foodforlifeDined on 4/5/2014I am definitely a Fish fan, but my recent visit with friends for Restaurant Week and to celebrate a friends birthday that ends in an "0" was wonderful! My personal favorites were the Shrimp Appetizer, Chicken Saltimbocca & the homemade ice creams! Our server, Alyssa is lighthearted, deftly attentive to details and savvy about wine pairings! Looking forward to the new season at Fish!Special Features:
- We were there on a very busyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014We were there on a very busy evening during Restaurant Week. The food was delicious and the service impeccable. A very enjoyable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service excellent....theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2014Food and service excellent....the only caveat is the noise level...quite noisy and distracting...I would recommend this to a friend.
- We tried out this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/4/2014We tried out this restaurant during Restaurant Week and following some great press for the chef. It was decent, but not great. The squash soup was more a confection than soup - candied ginger and other sweet bits tossed on brown-butter enhanced pureed vegetable seemed like overkill. The scrod with tomato, olives, and capers was acceptable, if somewhat bland. The 'homespun' strawberry ice cream was also surprisingly lacking in flavor. The service was swift if a tad perfunctory. Loved the decor. We may try it again on a regular night when the menu feels less like a marketing exercise than a passion for delivering great food.
- Very goodBarbDined on 4/4/2014We had never tried Jamestown Fish and decided to go during Newport Restaurant Week. The space is very pretty, and we think the outside area would be really fun in the summer. The service was excellent, and the food varied from good to excellent. I had the chicken saltimbocca, which I thought was just good, my husband liked it better. The pairing of the chicken with cheesy polenta wasn't the best, I thought, as the cheese tended to overpower the chicken. My husband had the linguini with clams, which was excellent. I had a special appetizer of a raw tuna in a citrus habanero sauce, which I absolutely loved. The sauce was a little overpowering to the tuna but it was so delicious I didn't care. My husband's crab appetizer was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousCLNYVIPDined on 3/29/2014As usual, food and service were great. My date,s Appertizer of cold Pekytoe Crab, and her Entree of Rib EYE Steak, and mine of Foie gras and Big Eye Tuna were superb. This restaurant not only serves the best Seafood in Rhode Island, but every other type of food is always prepaired perfectly. Eating here is always a pleasureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous "Fish"tobyDined on 3/28/2014From arrival to departure our experience at the Jamestown Fish was terrific. The food was top notch and the service friendly and efficient. They accepted our late arrival without a batted eye and moved ahead from there. The ambiance is quiet, tasteful and romantic. This is a restaurant well worth crossing a bridge for. The last sentence is only meaningful to Newporters!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stanleybrowntVIPDined on 3/14/2014Amazingly good seafood restaurant -- one of the best we've ever been in. Delicious, plump mussels; melt-in-our-mouths swordfish with astoundingly tasty root vegetables; and scrumptious bay scallops on a marvelous squash puree. I'm running out of adjectives to describe the food! Only the desserts, which were quite acceptable but not extraordinary, were not at this level of excellence. A cheerful, open room. Friendly, knowledgeable service.Special Features:
- Jamestown Saturday night dateLizzyDined on 2/22/2014This was our second time at the Fish Restaurant and again it didn't disappoint. My husband chose veal chops and they were really tender and wonderful. I had Mahi Mahi - also really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gets better every timeJoJoDined on 2/21/2014Jamestown Fish is one of our neighborhood spots, and we have decided that we do not eat here often enough! Chef Matthew continues to create some really wonderful dishes. For an appetizer, we could not pass up the fois gras, which was beautifully seared and accompanied with puree of quince and cherries- it was delicious. The bread that was brought to the table was warm and deliciously crusty. For our entrees, my dining companion had the herb crusted swordfish with squash puree and brussels sprouts, and it was fantastic. I had the scallops, which were huge, with celery root puree and swiss chard, and I totally cleaned that plate. I must also point out the excellent and extensive wine list that is available. We did not partake in any dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again a stellar mealFishheadsVIPDined on 2/20/2014Finding a restaurant with freshly prepared food, great wine, and vegan options, can be a real challenge. Jamestown Fish has been great. The vegan options are fresh and imaginative. Non-vegan dishes are superlative. Uncle Joe's eggplant should be bottled and sold at gourmet stores! Server was attentive without being intrusive. Semi-open kitchen had no drama and the chef made sure to visit diners tableside. All in all, a fabulous evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014My husband and I usually got to another restaurant in Jamestown for Valentines Day--but it was sold and is now different. We saw promotion for Fish and thought it would be a great substitute. I thought that the four course dinner included the wine pairings but it did not. The restaurant was rather noisy but the food was very good. We both had tuna and it was creatively prepared with cumin and other spices. The desserts were okay but nothing on the list really appealed to me. The appetizers--same thing. The wine list was extensive but very high priced so that it was hard to find something reasonable. The service was outstanding--the waitress was friendly and attentive. Overall, we are glad that we went but it was pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and WineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Went to FISH on Valentines day and they had a special four course menu. Food was excellent start to finish, ambiance was peaceful and romantic. We truly enjoyed every courseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/4/2014Everything about our experience was great! Even the coat rack had a spot for my hat. It is off-season in Jamestown so the dining room was quiet but we had a nice table by a wood fire and our waitress and her assistants made us feel comfortable immediately. The wine list was extensive but not overwhelming and they offer 2 amounts of wine by the glass……which i hadn't seen before. If we hadn't had a glass of champagne to start the meal, the larger amount would have been perfect. Our appetizers were excellent and the selection was interesting. The entree choices were also varied and interesting……I had rabbit (hare) and my wife had scallops. Overall, very nice experience…..the chef came out to speak with the diners briefly which was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your Disappointing NYERobTeeVIPDined on 12/31/2013Went there for NYE and expected to be underwhelmed just because of the day... However, even on NYE Fish was AWESOME. The menu was dynamic and applicable for Jamestown. You had the local fare, and freshness with a culinary skill that is very rare to find. My Wife and I both had a fish dish and both were very fresh with expansive flavor profiles in each. It was a true joy to go to Fish and it is now our new favorite restaurant in the US.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A never missCLNYVIPDined on 12/31/2013Although, mostly a seafood restaurant, the chef also offers non-seafood menu items and specials. My appertizer of seared Fois Gras was outstanding, as was my date,s Entree of Osso Buco. As usual my Entree of Dover Sole served on the bone was superb. Great food and great service. Always a pleasure dining hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch!FishheadsVIPDined on 12/15/2013Amazing brunch, our party enjoyed being able to order the most delicious eggs as well as linguini and clams (best of both worlds!) Coffee was a perfect temperature! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.