50 Ocean at Boston's On The Beach
40 S. Ocean Blvd
Delray Beach, FL 33483Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
50 Ocean at Boston's On The Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.50ocean.com/
- Phone: 5612783364x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Blake Malatesta
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music at our sister restaurant 6 nights a week. Monday is Reggae night with Ellis Island; Tuesday is our famous Blue"s night featuring new and upcoming talent. Thursdays are classic rock with Breeze. Friday & Saturdays dance the night away to your favorites with our variety of local talent. Saturday afternoon 2 to 5 enjoy the ever popular Amber Leigh Band as she lights up the afternoon with her electric fiddle!Sundays 7pm to 10pm get crazy with S.Florida's premier Grateful Dead Tribute Band-Crazy Fingers. And don't forget about our annual Red, White & Blue's Festival in July!
A word from 50 Ocean at Boston's On The Beach
Breathtaking ocean views await you at Delray Beach"s premier oceanfront dining spot. The spectacular renovations this summer at 50 Ocean (former home of Boston's Upperdeck) have raised the bar in upscale, casual dining. Delight in our freshly prepared island inspired creations, using the freshest of ingredients from the land and sea. Enjoy a signature cocktail or choose an offering from our bountiful list of wines. Our personable and knowledgeable staff take great pleasure in making certain your visit is a most memorable experience.Continued
Don't forget to check your lunar calendar and join us for a romantic moon rise!
Don't forget to check your lunar calendar and join us for a romantic moon rise!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
50 Ocean at Boston's On The Beach - Best Restaurants in Delray Beach ›
50 Ocean at Boston's On The Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (82)special occasion (50)fit for foodies (38)great for outdoor dining (36)romantic (34)great for brunch (28)great for lunch (23)vibrant bar scene (21)neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (17)hot spot (13)notable wine list (12)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- not for meGbarrVIPDined on 3/7/2014Loud, loud and loud. Food ok, service ok. Too many restaurants out there. Only the view is nice, but once it is dark, that is gone to.
- Nice view / Bland Food-ServiceAivoncatDined on 3/6/2014I was there for a business lunch and the place was kind of empty. They served us drinks and never came back to take our order. We called the bartender 20 minutes later and finally a waitress took our order. By the description on the menu I ordered the "Smoked Salmon" plate figuring a whole salmon filet over some greens. After 20 more minutes I was surprised to receive cold and small pieces of salmon (not smoked) scattered on a bed of croutons-like things and other stuff. Then I ordered regular coffe (American) and the waitress prepared it with on the table with a french press but when she poured it into the cup pieces of coffee grounds were all over the cup. Also sugar was not served until 5 minutes later. Much room for improvement.......Special Features:
- Consistently deliciousTB00VIPDined on 3/4/2014I have been here many times. As a local it is where I take visitors. Pretty consistent with food, service and ambiance. We had drinks, wine, our meal and dessert and tea for a fairly reasonable price--oh and a view of the ocean. Each of us enjoyed our salads and entrees. The snapper w coconut risotto was excellent with a fun presentation using a coconut shell. Chocolate cake was another standout. It is nice to get a tea presentation that trumps their wonderful individual french press--and the herbal tea we had did just that. Another great experience at 50. I will do it again.Special Features:
- Menu is ecclectic. Would preferOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/2/2014Menu is ecclectic. Would prefer some traditional items on menu. Bar menu needs some plain items as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely spot, terrible foodHeidiHoDined on 3/2/2014The mussels were amazingly good and the bread was fabulous. The entrees were way over salted, rice was quite starchy and bland. Way overpriced for some inedible food!
- InterestingSteveDined on 3/2/2014We had brunch with a small group. We were seated quickly and had a great waitress. The food was better than average and the Bloody Mary Buffet was great. This is not a foodie's dream but a good nice alternative for an overcrowded or was not pretentious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeLadybugDined on 3/1/2014When we come to Florida, several times a year, we head there. They have a great happy hour, applies, Monday through Friday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved 50 Oceanklb11Dined on 3/1/2014Found this restaurant on line. Made a reservation through Open Table, requested a later time than what was available and received a call from restaurant to change reservation to later time. We were seated right away. View is so beautiful. It is located on second floor above another restaurant across from beach. The restaurant is a wall of windows, so everyone can see out, but next time I would request a table right by the window. I saw there was an outside area to sit, but we sat inside. People were dressed casual but the atmosphere was a little more formal. Service was great. Food was delicious! We ordered the tuna sushi appetizer, shared a salad, and had the grouper and snapper--so yummy! We were so happy with our mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great selection of seafood,luv2eatDined on 2/28/2014Great selection of seafood, prepared beautifully. Enjoyed sitting on the outside deck but found the music in the Tiki Bar below very noisy. Would definitely recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50 Ocean at Boston's On The BeachOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/28/2014Seated on time at a table next to a ocean view window, great server and service, great meal. Will try it again soon.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/26/2014Great place to go for a special dinner. Great food and wonderful view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SnapperAstrodomeVIPDined on 2/24/2014We have a very nice meal on the outside deck, and the server recommended the Snapper and it was Excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!RustyDined on 2/24/2014Seated outside where it was very nice for conversation and a relaxing dinner. Wonderful service. We split the wedge salad -very unusual! Great flavors, including citrus. Wow! Our two entrees were the wahoo and grouper -both beautifully presented, hot and tasty. Great dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of South FL's BestAceBVIPDined on 2/24/2014Great food, view, wine and service. Get there before sunset to enjoy an Ocean view. Stop at Boston's before you head home and enjoy some live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe I'll give it another try...MarcoVIPDined on 2/23/2014Sunday brunch was just OK as far as the food went., but the service was bad from start to finish. The employees do not seem engaged with their jobs. Just going through the paces and not enjoying it. Upon arrival the host/hostess was M.I.A. We they showed up after about ten minutes they both looked at us surprised that we were not taken care fo. Led us to a table and there we waited for at least another ten minutes before we saw a waitress who told us to "hold on" and then got ignored completely until we flagged her down to order. By then she put up this big attitude and only got friendly as check time arrived. This place needs a better manager. What a great place it could be!Special Features:
- SeatingDaleDined on 2/21/2014Even though you have a reservation you need to call them unless you want to sit next to the bar! When they are busy you have a very low chance of getting a good table using only open table. Otherwise the place is outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AVERAGE AT BESTsportsrefDined on 2/21/2014First a comment on the "special request" part of the OpenTable website...when I made the reservation, I requested outdoor, ocean view seating. My reservation was confirmed...with no confirmation or rejection of my "special request". Hence, I assumed the confirmation meant the "special request" was also confirmed. Wrong!! Not available, I was told upon arrival. So, indoor seating with a wonderful view of the waiter station. Then, pleasant waiter but possibly with too many tables--certainly not attentive. And the food...bland, listless at best, unimaginative presentation. Prices would be reasonable for good food...not reasonable for the small, bland portions that we were served.Special Features:
- Talented chefsCatsmeowVIPDined on 2/15/2014The food was top notch. Everything is made from scratch except the lobster bisque. Even the puff pastry that topped my shrimp pot pie. You could taste the butter between each flakey layer. The meal was worth every penny. We sat outside and the view of the ocean in the distance was beautiful. Everything on the menu seemed delicious so be sure to save room for dessert. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Outstanding in every way!ThrilledDined on 2/15/2014From the hostess, to the table, to the view, to the service, to the food ... it was simply perfect in every way. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and great fun.fresserDined on 2/14/2014We were very pleased with the service, always given with a smile and a quick response to our requests. I would recommend 50 Ocean to anyone seeking great food, a great view and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ocean View GemRobShel1Dined on 2/14/201450 Ocean is one of our favorite dining spots in Florida. Our table, with a perfect view of the ocean, and a sunset, which included the most spectacular moon rising was breath taking. The food at 50 is also A+. And the staff so efficient and delightful.Special Features:
- Valentine's DinnerLOVEBirdsDined on 2/14/2014This was my first visit.... i chose it for the rave reviews on the ocean views and food comments. Early Valentine's dinner at 5p. Hostess tried giving us a table facing a WALL! After leaving us standing in the middle of the restaurant and departing for a bit of time, hostess returned and gave us a table with an ok view of the ocean in the middle of the restaurant. The noise level is a bit much with the bar and TVs sitting in the middle of the restaurant. Decor is nicely appointed. Staff looks sharp. But really didnt lend itself to a romantic ambiance. The food and presentation was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique preparations, excellentYummmDined on 2/13/2014Unique preparations, excellent service, honor reservation timesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food with a Great ViewBocaFoodieDined on 2/13/2014Restaurant has a healthy selection of wonderful dishes. Salads are phenomenal and views are breathtaking. Service is typically a bit slow but the views compensate for the extra wait for your meal and check.Special Features:
- excellent foodtrotDined on 2/11/2014My friends & I had a very nice, extremely tasty dinner. We each had a fish entree...all of which were delicious using uncommon ingredients. We shared the mussels, which were in an exceptional broth. Food, taste and presentation were very memorable, though ambiance needed a little TLC, and we arrived a bit too late to enjoy the ocean view...just wish they and many other local restaurants offered fruit at end of meal.Special Features:
- Call after using open tableBrunchDined on 2/9/2014Outdoor area on patio was rented and unavailable. Tables were taken so no ocean view. Sat at bar and bar tender was overwhelmed so poor service. Food overpriced due to view.Special Features:
- Service and food were greatNickDined on 2/9/2014Great brunch menu and our server Cindy was very helpful with her recommendations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing BrunchNanaLDined on 2/9/2014We had amazing Frittatas for brunch. Interesting Bloody Mary Bar. Great view of the ocean. We were early, so it was nice and quiet, but it did fill up fast.Special Features:
- Treasure in our back yardSEAFOODERVIPDined on 2/8/2014Have eaten here a few times and food is always good and the restaurant fun atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissappointed !OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/2/2014Located above famed Restaurant, Boston's on the Beach. Elevator one floor up to Spectacular view of Atlantic Ocean. Renovated and renamed a few years ago, this find, has been a bit disappointing as of late. Menu changes, previous "special" items removed, and Wait Staff, Hostess, less than capable to make Clientele feel this is the special place it had been in the past. Regrets! Was introduced to the New Manager, Ferrence, nice young man, and hopefully he can rejuvenate the benign environment that prevails. The Ownership has many other top establishments, so I was quite surprised.Special Features:
- Very Good, Could Have Been GreatSoBoBobVIPDined on 2/1/2014Wife had the grouper and my son and I the snapper and we all thought our entrees were excellent. Wedge and Caesar salads also very good. Our server, David, was everything you wish for in a server. Unfortunately, I could not rate the experience Excellent for one reason. We were seated at 8:30 and after studying the menu and deciding upon our selections, we were told they were out of 2 of the 8 seafood entrees on the menu. Of course, one of those entrees was the one my son and I had selected. Most disappointing that they were out of 25% of their seafood standard menu items. Still, overall a very good dining experience and we shall return.Special Features:
- ImpressiveBocaOpaDined on 2/1/2014Great food, outstanding service. I brought guests from Los Angeles and they were blown away by the great seafood dishes and the outstanding service we received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch with a View!RCTJCTDined on 1/28/2014Such a great view of the beach from both inside as well as outside! Food was excellent - Service from Jason was attentive and timely. Always a good recommendation for anyone wanting a place for lunch because of view, location, food and service - never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding viewTecaDined on 1/26/2014The view is the best you can possibly find. The brunch menu is varied and very interesting. The bloody Mary bar is fantastic. Very nice server. Just a little disconnect, time wise, between front and back of the house. Otherwise a fabulous experience.Special Features:
- A Special ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/24/2014It was my partner's birthday. Three friends joined us to celebrate. It could not have been miore perfect. Our wait person Carmen was the best!Special Features:
- Great dining experienceKLMCFPVIPDined on 1/24/2014Consistently good food and atmosphere. Great for special occasions and get-togethers with friends.Special Features:
- great for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/21/2014I only have eaten lunch here, as good as any place in Delray, or in that fact the entire coast. Excellent prep, good quality food, good service, well priced. A winner!Special Features:
- Slipping....TreasureCoastFoodieVIPDined on 1/19/2014Used to be a favorite, but lately service pace is extremely slow and prices are much too high so value is missing. All items are a la carte and entrees are north of $30. Food is still very good, but not for the price. Location is great and I think that's what you're paying for. There are great restaurants in Delray Beach that offer excellent food and much better dining experience. We've stopped recommending 50 Ocean and won't be back until there's a compelling reason.
- We had a nice evening, however,ScarpettasVIPDined on 1/18/2014We had a nice evening, however, i found it to be a bit over-priced.
- New menuPeanut9VIPDined on 1/15/2014They have outdone themselves with the new menu. Excellent food... excellent serviceSpecial Features: