50 Ocean at Boston's On The Beach
40 S. Ocean Blvd
Delray Beach, FL 33483Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
50 Ocean at Boston's On The Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.50ocean.com/
- Phone: 5612783364x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Blake Malatesta
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music at our sister restaurant 6 nights a week. Monday is Reggae night with Ellis Island; Tuesday is our famous Blue"s night featuring new and upcoming talent. Thursdays are classic rock with Breeze. Friday & Saturdays dance the night away to your favorites with our variety of local talent. Saturday afternoon 2 to 5 enjoy the ever popular Amber Leigh Band as she lights up the afternoon with her electric fiddle!Sundays 7pm to 10pm get crazy with S.Florida's premier Grateful Dead Tribute Band-Crazy Fingers. And don't forget about our annual Red, White & Blue's Festival in July!
A word from 50 Ocean at Boston's On The Beach
Breathtaking ocean views await you at Delray Beach"s premier oceanfront dining spot. The spectacular renovations this summer at 50 Ocean (former home of Boston's Upperdeck) have raised the bar in upscale, casual dining. Delight in our freshly prepared island inspired creations, using the freshest of ingredients from the land and sea. Enjoy a signature cocktail or choose an offering from our bountiful list of wines. Our personable and knowledgeable staff take great pleasure in making certain your visit is a most memorable experience.Continued
Don't forget to check your lunar calendar and join us for a romantic moon rise!
Don't forget to check your lunar calendar and join us for a romantic moon rise!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
50 Ocean at Boston's On The Beach - Best Restaurants in Delray Beach ›
50 Ocean at Boston's On The Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (82)special occasion (45)fit for foodies (39)great for outdoor dining (37)romantic (36)great for brunch (24)great for lunch (20)neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (19)vibrant bar scene (18)hot spot (15)notable wine list (12)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/5/2014My order came out wrong so I had to wait for a new order while everyone else was eating.Special Features:
- New addition to the neighborhoodQuanDined on 7/2/2014I have added 50 Ocean to my recommended list for Atlantic Ave. The chef is quite creative and I like his style.Special Features:
- Ocean view at Delray Beachsces727VIPDined on 7/1/2014This restaurant has a sports bar on the first floor that looks and sounds like a bar at the beach...noisy and extremely casual ( the World Cup of Soccer) was happening, so we were surprised and delighted to find an elegant restaurant on the second floor with a great view and great food. The mussels were especially good. The bartender was busy due to the soccer match but still managed to get the jib done. This us a new favorite in Delray Beach for us.Special Features:
- The service left much to be desiredmerylparrrVIPDined on 6/28/2014Beautiful view of the ocean however the service was poor with exceptionally long wait time for food. Friendly bar staffSpecial Features:
- The following 482 reviews are from the 50 Ocean at Boston's On The Beach reviews archive.
- Not smooth but good recovery but...Bad1Dined on 6/20/2014No open table reservation when we arrived. We had asked for a quiet table since two people wore hearing aids. The manager or host was able to find us a table...very nice guy..but it was right across from a pretty noisy birthday party, so, not so good. The drinks were good as was the food but the bloom was pretty much off the lily. Have eaten here four times before, always good and near my home. Unfortunately the rocky start and noise on this occasion has dampened any enthusiasm for a return.
- Fabulous foodNancDined on 6/20/2014We have been here for dinner many times. Each time the food was delicious. The service and view is wonderful. This is one of my favorite restaurants. Wish they still had the outdoor ocean seating though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bostons on the beachwashingtonDined on 6/19/2014been years in 15 years,a great surprise,service was outstanding,food quite bmemorable,certainly return,a real gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day brunchpottedfrogVIPDined on 6/15/2014Interesting items not ordinary brunch fare. Window seat at 3:30 as requested. Just too noisy with recorded music plus chatter from table next to ours. Excessive noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last time for this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2014It is discouraging to dine in a beautiful place with the extreme "lack luster" staff and food:-( a beautiful place filled with mediocrity.
- 50 Ocean - FantasticDelrayGourmetDined on 6/14/2014It used to be Upstairs at Boston's, a casual open air place we like to go to for lunch. This was our first time as 50 Ocean. A fantastic view of the Atlantic at sunset. The service was attentive and knowledgeable. The meals and presentation were fantastic. The pace was perfect and the dessert topped off a splendid evening with visiting friends. We'll be back.Special Features:
- YearlyDelrayvisitorVIPDined on 6/6/2014Never disappointing. Consistently great food, excellent service and beautiful foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special dinnerfoodieDined on 6/6/2014what a beautiful view over looking the ocean. the menu was mostly seafood. the food was delicious and the presentation was beautiful.Special Features:
- ExcelentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/29/2014Very enjoyable birthday lunch. Service and food excellent.Special Features:
- Special OcassionhazeleyesDined on 5/28/2014This was my 2nd visit to 50 Ocean, as always the food and service was excellent! I made the reservations through their web and explain it was a birthday celebration for a dear friend, without my request, they had arranged a special dessert for his celebration and he loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014My husband and I had a great time at this restaurant. Food was fantastic!Special Features:
- Never AgainJettaladyVIPDined on 5/24/2014The place is pretty. If you are there before sundown, you can see to see the ocean. The air conditioning was really blowing and our party of 4 were freezing and I am always hot. Each couple split a salad. The salads were very small. One ordered the swordfish which was maybe 3 oz. of fish. Another ordered duck which was very undercooked. It was sent back and still couldn't cut through te duck when it was cooked more. Yes they took the entree off the bill. Another had the wahoo which was liked. I had the snapper which I felt was bland. You would think with the prices they get for their entrees they would give you parking for free. Overall, I think this restaurant was way overrated.Special Features:
- Fine DiningMikeDined on 5/24/2014Modern decor with welcoming staff. Excellent view of the ocean and beach across the street making for a very pleasant dining experience. The timing on each course was just right allowing for a casual pace to dinner. The food preparation and flavors was unique and the tuna dish I has was outstanding. The accompanying vegetables allowed me to enjoy some new flavors and taste not previously experienced. The presentation was excellent and added to the experience. Price was slightly high but worth the extra and the 40 minute travel. We will return.Special Features:
- I'll be back!BocaBoomerVIPDined on 5/19/2014First time dining at this ocean front restaurant. Requested and received a table along the window providing a second story view of the tide rolling along the shoreline. Mesmerizing to say the least. Food and service were also notable. Parking can be a problem on busy weekends.Special Features:
- Fantastic!FLAfoodVIPDined on 5/19/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at 50 Ocean a few days ago - and could not have been more impressed! Great food and extraordinarily impressive service by the manager (Jared) and our expert server (Jane!) We will return many times - and in fact are heading back there tonight with friends!Special Features:
- Lovely beach viewEmmaVIPDined on 5/18/2014Great lunch spot overlooking the beach in Delray. The food is always fantastic--the service impeccable. Can't go wrong here.Special Features:
- On Top of Their Game!!!MaynDined on 5/12/2014Not only will I keep referring clients to 50 Ocean, but this is a new favorite for me and my husband. From the amazing service we received from the waitress, manager and, assistants. To the delicious Mussels, Civiche, Grouper & Shrimp Pomodoro. Each item was cooked perfectly. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Mothers DayKaniteDined on 5/11/2014Our first visit and the manager helped us to a better table (outside) with a great view. Service was great and very friendly.Special Features:
- Not worth itmdm128Dined on 5/11/2014We went here for Mother's Day Brunch and we were beyond disappointed. We'll begin with the call we received the day before letting us know that they overbooked and they would have to seat us outside. We were also informed that if we were even 5 minutes late we would lose our table because they were SO busy. Yet, when we arrived, the restaurant was half-empty! The service was horrible, the waitress was completely indifferent to our needs and rude to her other tables. My dish was missing an item, and it took another 15 minutes for the waitress to check on us to let her know. When I informed her of the issue, she questioned me regarding whether the item should be there! The food itself was pedestrian at best. Overall horrible experience!
- Oceanview!!OptimisticVIPDined on 5/6/2014We had a very well prepared lunch of Lobster, accompanied by a spectacuar view of the Atlantic Ocean and Delray Beach! Our service was over the top! It was my guest's first time to dine at 50 Ocean, and she loved every minute of it! Jason, our server is to be commended for his Menu recommendations, and professional service!Special Features:
- OutstandingKandalahDined on 5/4/2014I was so excited to try a new restaurant. It was by far one of the best restaurants I have been to in a long time. The food was excellent, the service and kindness of staff superb and the view can't be beat!!! It was an overall very exciting evening and I would recommend it to al.Special Features:
- on the beachcommando49Dined on 5/4/2014Great views n food ...a nice upscale spot on beachSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieFoodieDined on 5/3/2014nice setting, service mediocre, food so so I was not impressed with the overall experienceSpecial Features:
- Great food and ambianceCoffeesipDined on 5/1/2014Third time visiting 50's Ocean this season in Florida. Chef Michaeal came out to ask us how our meal was and all four in our party loved our selections. I thought he prepared my Duck wonderfully. Nice touch for Michael to introduce himself. All the staff was friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- billdoDined on 4/29/2014Great atmosphere and tasty drinks. Server was prompt. Knowledgeable staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ocean Dining at its Bestlove2uDined on 4/29/2014What could be better than dining at a restaurant where you get outstanding food and service? Nothing better that I know of. Being able to observe the beautiful ocean from the second floor is just an added bonus! We always enjoy our time together at 50 Ocean. The staff is very friendly and you never feel rushed. The mood is very relaxing and laid back. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic birthday!BirthdayfunDined on 4/26/2014It was my fiancé birthday and I made the reservation days in advance. I called the day before to try and get a window seat for the awesome beach view. The girl on the phone said she would do her best. We were seated right away with a window seat view! Wow! Amazing! This started the night off with a bang. Our server John was phenomenal! The manager AND chef paid a visit during our dinner asking us how everything was. As an individual working in the hospitality industry, I can tell you this was absolutely one of the best restaurants we've dined in. We can't thank everyone enough for the wonderful birthday celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/25/2014The food was wonderful. The view was great. But the noise level became too loud to hear our own conversation at dinner. Not easy to accept at this price point. (Past experience at Brunch/lunch did not have the noise level)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off the markNirvanatooDined on 4/18/2014Food was beautiful but everything, aside from the warm basket of bread was not well prepared. Food was cold, risotto was very underdone and fish over cooked and dry. Ceviche was ambitios but lacked seasoning and was not properly chilled. Not accommodating to any special requests either. Nice view though.
- Very good for lunch on the beachTheaterdinerVIPDined on 4/18/2014This is very decent and nice beach restaurant , excellent service and price for the beach locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous meal and awesome view!GracieDined on 4/12/2014I have eaten at Boston's 50 many other times and actually made the reservation for our group that all came to Delray for a girls weekend. The food was out of this world. Everyone enjoyed the variety. Then there is that amazing view of the ocean!! Can't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A horrendous experience.TonitoDined on 4/12/2014I can't begin to tell you how much of a disappointment this place was. The ambiance was beautiful and it looked promising, but as they say don't judge a book by it's cover. The food lacked flavor, the service was abysmal, and the noise level from the restaurant downstairs. NEVER AGAIN!Special Features:
- Off my listKLMCFPVIPDined on 4/12/2014The food was expensive and disappointing. A lunch sandwich of grilled grouper with fries was skimpy and not worth $17. Apparently the menu has changed since my many previous visits. The previous menu was more extensive with a variety of sandwiches and hot entrees and the portions were more generous. To add insult to injury, there was an $8.00 parking fee. I won't be returning any time soon.Special Features:
- Best view on the beachRobertDined on 4/4/201450 Ocean is the renovated upscale dinning room of Boston's on the Beach. This has been a great spot for people who once lived in the Boston area as we did for almost 40 years. With the remodeling of the upstairs room we have yet another reason to frequent Boston's. The seafood is outstanding. I had the crab topped grouper and it was, as they say, "to die for." The cocktails are creative and generous. The wine list, while not extensive, has something for everyone at all price points. And the view... Well this is what ocean-front dining should be. All in all, it is one of the best spots in southeastern Florida.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful and elegant yetJamyVIPDined on 3/30/2014Beautiful and elegant yet hip decor. Fabulous views and great service. Our server Lily was the best and loved the ambiance and would definitely return and recommend.Special Features:
- 1st time dinerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/26/2014Host and server were outstanding. Food was good but, in my opinion was somewhat overpriced. Server, Lauren was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.